Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage III Cancer Survivors ...Five + Years and Out.

Options

Comments

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    edited August 2013
    Options

You are all welcome to use positivity police as that is what they are and there is a long study done over 15 years that shows that people who authentically expressed their genuine emotions, no matter what they were and did not join the positivity brigade had LESS recurrence so depression is not helpful but neither is joining the positivity core - we can celebrate that tonight

• Kheng
    Kheng Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2013
    Options

Halo Lily

I read a blog that Femara is only effective up to stage 2 only

Arimidex is a better choice of aromatase inhibitor for stage 3 survivor

You may take Arimidex with cracked spores lingzhi and vitamin Ester-C as well as calcium caltrate and vitamin D3 plus glucosamine to fight the side effect of aromatase inhibitor!

Lingzhi can kill the ER+ cancer cells!

You may google search Pubmed for the research of Ganoderma lucidum(lingzhi) and ER+ breast cancer cells

Avoid soya, dairy products and deep fried foods, especially chicken and French fries as well as all barbecue foods

Seek Traditional Chinese Medical herbal treatment if available in your town

Most survivors in Singapore take convention medicines with complementary Chinese medicines and lead quality life

Dr Raymond Chang believe that cocktail treatment will cure breast cancer as tamoxifen is not suitable for those whose blood has certain enzymes!

I am taking 22 types of Chinese herbs with Arimidex, lingzhi with Ester-C together, calcium caltrate and vitamin D3 with glucosamine and barley green and wheat grass powder

Calcium with Vitamin D3 must be taken together

Take note that lingzhi must be 2 hours apart from calcium, tea or coffee and best taken on empty stomach before bedtime and upon waking up in the mid-morning and get back to bed

Be strong like the plum blossoms that flourish in the cold and harsh environment!

Read Psalms 107:20

He sent out his word and healed them,

and delivered them from their destruction.

Take care and God bless

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    edited August 2013
    Options

Thank you - i am on aromasin right now not letrozole

• Kheng
    Kheng Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2013
    Options

Halo Martha

I understand that herceptin is given to those with HER+ breast cancer cell

Why did your onco give you this drug when you are HER NEGATIVE?

• TectonicShift
    TectonicShift Member Posts: 102
    edited July 2020
    Options

Personally I got herceptin because one of my node tumors was tested on a separate path report (separate from the main breast tumor) and it came back her2 equivocal meaning on the borderline between positive and negative. My onc used that to get herceptin approved for me.

But there is also a phase III clinical trial going on right now giving herceptin to her2 negative patients to see if it reduces recurrences. I beleive they will eventually see that it DOES reduce recurrences even in her2 negative patients.

• asecondchance
    asecondchance Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Options

Hi all,

I just joined to say that I am now 2 yrs post treatment and back in Sept 2011 when I got bad news after my surgery re number of pos nodes, etc, I could not have seen this day. Because I have come so far, I now take hope from the comments of those who are 5 yrs post treatment. I know now that it is possible and if I do all I can, I too could be here in 3 yrs as a 5 year survivor. During my dark days of chemo and surgery this website was my lifeline and although now I only check in once every 6 months or so I want to encourage all those starting out to use it as a support.

Best wishes.

Martina

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2013
    Options

Ninja.....a bit late to this discussion, but one of the things I learned is that you continue to heal for quite some time after treatment.  I can see this most clearly in my hair which is much thicker this year.  I NEVER thought I would get to the point where my hair was shaggy again, but I can't wait for tomorrow night's haircut!

I hope you are getting to enjoy this amazing Seattle summer.

Hang in there.  I wasn't fatigued the year after treatment, but it was the year I couldn't seem to do anything right.  This included smashing my ankle on the Mike McGinn Memorial Road Crack. (For non Seattleites, McGinn is our mayor who cycles to work, hopefully not on Nickerson.)  I limped around for 18 months. - Claire

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 180
    edited August 2013
    Options

Now over 8 years ! Love to see my fellow oldsters &  how large this group has become!

Living large, praising God  and having a good belly laugh everyday.

To the newbies: You will get there too!

• alaskamama
    alaskamama Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2013
    Options

I was diagnosed in June and deeply appreciate these stories. My kids are 11 and 5, hubby died 2+ years ago in freak accident. Until June, I reassured my anxious daughter that I won't die on her, that I'm extremely healthy and careful and no one in my family dies before age 80. Then her faith was betrayed again...

In the spirit of this thread, I'll share the story of one of my best and oldest friends--she was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer 13 years ago, at age 30, and has since gotten married and had two children (one adopted, one bio). She is beautiful and healthy and cheers me on all the time.

Becca

• sherry67
    sherry67 Member Posts: 370
    edited August 2013
    Options

Alaskamama,

Thanks for your post..

• cubsfan
    cubsfan Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    Options

On July 30th I had my five year anniversary from a bilateral mastectomy. I HAD stage 3 in my left Breast and stage 2 in my right. Er/pr +. I had ACT x6 doses. Then oopharectomy then radiation. I then started on Femara. I don't post much at all BUT i lived for these boards when I was first diagnosed. I now go for blood work every 6 months along w a checkup w oncologist and surgeon. I just want to say I never thought i would live to see this day but here I am wanting to give hope to those that just started this journey. I remember the day I found this site. with this site i found hope There is so much support and information no matter if you just lurk or post frequently. I am just honored and blessed to give hope to others as others did for me. My best to all

Nancy

• sherry67
    edited August 2013
    Options

Yah cubsfan..:)

• hopefour
    hopefour Member Posts: 104
    edited August 2013
    Options

Alaska Mama...I am sorry for the sorrow you and your children have experience. Thankful you have the encouragement of a friend who was stage 3 and your willingness to take the time and share with us! Thank you and love having you here!! Hoping your daughter will see the fighter her mom is as you go through treatment and regain your health again. It's the pain and fear for our children that makes BC extra sad for us moms!!

Cubs fan... Thank you for sharing your encouragement...yeah for 5 years!!! Now on to 50 more!!!

• Ninja6812
    Ninja6812 Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2013
    Options

Claire! Yes enjoying this awesome weather, even the pounding rain tonight. Starting this week, I've switched to a shorter work day on Wednesday's to get a little extra rest. Trying to get out every night for a walk with my puppy (i got him on my last day of rads). I actually live out in North Bend and I'm going to take the mountain bike out for a spin this weekend. Meeting up with my beasties to head into Seattle to get crab, wine, bread and whatever other goodies we can find at the market and back to my house for an evening of laughter. These friens were the ones who stuck with me all through "the year of cancer." hubby taking daughter back to college in Cali. Watch out for those cracks :)

• annika12
    annika12 Member Posts: 92
    edited August 2013
    Options

Thank you !!! Love love love all the stories :) 

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited August 2013
    Options

Ninja.....hope you enjoyed your Market feast.  That is one of the really fun things to do.  Buy up a lot of really fresh and wonderful food and then cook it.  The Redmond Farmers market has fab things as well.  I haven't done the Fall City market but assume equally wonderful.

I was so glad for the rain yesterday as will greatly lessen the fire danger.

Cycling is wonderful around North Bend.  I did the Tour de Peaks three weeks ago....50 mile route which included cycling up the Snoqualmie Falls hill.  Cloudy that day, so not many peaks visible, but on the other hand, I didn't swelter either.

I found the best post rads cure ever......chocolate-lavender macaroons!!!  From Honore Bakery in Ballard.  I had a ton more energy the following day.

Enjoy your new puppy.  Lots of fun places for a puppy to explore around here including one of the most glorious off leash places ever in North Bend. - Claire

• antonia1
    antonia1 Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2013
    Options

I seldom post but those boards have been my life line all throughout my treatment and I still drop in from time to time whenever I feel scared.

It is almost 3 years since my diagnosis and I am trying hard to get on with my life.

I so much appreciate the stories of hope and survival from other sisters and I am grateful to those who take their time to come back and post them.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942
    edited September 2013
    Options

TammyLynn~Our stories sound so much alike. I was diagnosed stage IIIc. 5.6 cm tumor, 13/16 nodes, and I also have a son with Type I Diabetes. He was diagnosed at age 6, though he's 25 now. He takes 4 insulin injections daily.

Paula

• lexi4
    lexi4 Member Posts: 59
    edited September 2013
    Options

Hi friends. I wanted to share that yesterday was my 8 year anniversary from my surgery. We were celebrating my fil's birthday and it popped into my head that 8 years earlier, on his birthday, I was being rolled into surgery to have my r mastectomy. Then on to chemo, rads and Herceptin. I am doing pretty well overall and am grateful to be here to post to my stage III sisters.

Hugs and Prayers,

Lexi

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 180
    edited September 2013
    Options

Lexi! So wonderful to see you. Isn't life GREAT?!

• Shari0707
    Shari0707 Member Posts: 260
    edited September 2013
    Options

Love it all!r

• maryannecb
    maryannecb Member Posts: 74
    edited September 2013
    Options

Lexi..so good to see you and hear all is well..as usual you beat me to another milestone!lol

• katyand4
    katyand4 Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2013
    Options

Always love to hear these stories.  Congrats Lexi on 8 years.  Wishing you many more years of health and happiness.

• maggs09
    maggs09 Member Posts: 74
    edited September 2013
    Options

Lexi, congratulations!

I'm so grateful to all you, ladies for posting your success stories.

It gives me hope, especially on those days when I feel a little "blue" or simply scared...

• Ninja6812
    Ninja6812 Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2013
    Options

Thanks, Lexi! Good to hear from you :)

• DanaMarie80
    DanaMarie80 Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2013
    Options

Hello to everyone!

I just want to thank you for posting your survivor stories! As a young woman in the fight for my life against tnbc...any kind of positive outcome and victory gives me more hope!! Congrats to all you wonderful warrior women!! You are a true hero and inspiration for me!!

Hugs!

Dana

• Delvzy
    Delvzy Member Posts: 454
    edited September 2013
    Options

Hi girls just dropped in from the land of aus celebrating 5 years since diagnosis today . Feeling happy and healthy

• sherry67
    edited September 2013
    Options

Congrats Delvzy:)

• Delvzy
    edited September 2013
    Options

Lexi4 congratulations makes me feel so good to see girls like you doing so well 8 years on

• Delvzy
    edited September 2013
    Options

DanaMarie I would just like to encourage you a lady in my group was triple negative and had 16/19 nodes affected she has just gone 10 years ned and has started running 1/2 marathons she is 51