Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited February 2014

April............No one ever thinks when they make a decision to do something good, that something is around the corner just waiting to smack them in the face................

In today's market it is how young, cute, and what degree you hold that makes the difference............forget......knowledge, experience, maturity, and all the good things that go alone with being over 50......and there are still many...........it is a time to blossom........kids gone, college almost paid for........a little nest egg......time for you...................time to reap the benefits of all your life's hard work.............then "boom" someone hits you with a 2x4 when your least expecting it.........and forget loyalty, that took a vacation long ago.........23 years....that is a long time......and your thanks is........."be glad you had a job"..........bastards.........

My husband was in construction, so each week was a "ok is today the day I get let go", but we were use to that, and you moved on to anohter job.......but there were lean years where work was scarce, and building was halted........and it was unemployment, and food stamps with 6 kids to feed.........so I feel your pain..........

Just hope some miracle happens for you........will say many prayers for you..........hugs.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2014

April, Super hard decision, I know. Hope you can sell it easily and get a great price. I think you'll feel like a weight has been lifted when it's all over. Every time I hear they are considering raising the age for social security, I wonder how they think people will survive that long without jobs. Or perhaps not surviving is the point. Congress is probably the only place where men can keep jobs as long as they can show up and age is no barrier.

We've now lived in our house for 30 years. I'd love to live somewhere different, but realistically we'll go out of here feet first. We live in an area of Seattle that's rapidly being 'gentrified'. After living through a townhouse complex being built 5 houses away last year, we just got the notice that they're going to do the same thing 3 houses away. I kept wanting to go over to the construction project and tell them it wasn't large enough to need the back up beep going all the time. Put whatever it was in park, for goodness sakes. I couldn't recall enough Spanish to make myself understood. I want to move to either a brand new place that doesn't need fixing yet or to a place that's historical and no one can tear down and build something new.

OK, enough rant.

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Wren......my place is literally brand new.....I mean everything except the bricks they used to build the damn place.......electric all wiring, plumbing, heat, a/c, roof, flagstone, floors, walls, ceilings, drywall, windows, doors, bathrooms, laundry room, storage room, kitchen cabinets, counter tops....all the appliaances, window treatments............everything brand new...........only thing "old" is "the owner"...................only here 3 years........

These storms.........ice jams, thaw....rain, more snow, thaw, more rain...............ice jam leaked behind the little bit of siding, and ran into the breakfast room............pipe froze to my washer, rinse water also cleaned my breakfast room floors......2 times.........so even new has its problems.............

Just fed up with all the bullshit.......use to think :seniors" complained all the time, and for no reason...................I was young then..........paybacks are a bitch........this is all my payback......now I know what they went through.....................although some of them do complain a lot when they are better off then some of the young ones struggling to make ends me..............guess they were the ones I was referring too........right........LOL

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited February 2014

april I am so sorry you had to make that decision

Shells so proud of you you should be proud of yourself!!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited February 2014

Oh April!  It's okay.... I already broke it the biggest bone in my body..... but then you know what they say, "If your're going to go..... go BIG!"  Ha!  Sorry about your hand... I'm still trying to clean sand out of my elbow!  They just sprayed it with something and put a bandage on it, but when I took it off, there was all this sand in there, so I've been putting cream on it, trying to ease it out!  

Oh Charles!  He probably just must have moved on....  He'll be back though.... He HAS to!  He is our resident guy-pal!

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2014

Sorry April.... I read what you posted on the LAST page.  I'm like you.... I would not ever want to move, but maybe someday we will have to, for some reason or another.  We live in this little Victorian... with that little upstairs room that the girls grew up in.  The stairs were always fine, until now....  I just hope I can get well enough to be able to go up them again!!!!!!!!  I'm kind of afraid! 

And then our little dug-out basement!  I have stuff down there I don't ever need, but maybe sometime I will get down there also, and my  DH and Daughter can take stuff upstairs, and get rid of it.  House was built in 1886... and we have lived here since 1964.... 

Are you moving into some sort of Senior subsidized housing?   Would you qualify? 

Okay, congratulations Shells!  Good job!  Everything going okay?  xoxoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2014

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2014

Awwww April, sorry to hear it. But try to think maybe this could be a good thing?  Less house, less upkeep, less expenses. Possibly a condo with no yard work?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2014

Condo is a great idea, but u have to follow rules--like putting up some type of nice window dressing so u can clean in the nude then. They don't want to see nude bodies---I found out the hard way.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited February 2014

Ha-ha Cam. Gs was over today and wanted to know if my new boob had come in yet. He is just obsessed with it. Silly little boy....kind of like a new tooth?

• camillegal
    edited February 2014

That's so cute, is it on order??? I love what the ask?

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited February 2014

Checking in Hoolies!

Hope everyone heads into the coming week on a positive note!  It's time for the Hoolies having troubles to catch a break already!!!

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

You too 4........you too......hugs

• camillegal
    edited February 2014

44444 I hope u'r doing better.

• 4sewwhat
    edited February 2014

I'm good, I guess.  Still pissed at Mother Nature and the world.  I was done!  I looked really nice!!  Now I am further behind than when I had my original MX.  I know in the grand sceme of things it is not the end of the world.  It could be so much worse.  It could be the cancer, not the recon that went bad.  I just feel like it finally got the upper hand and took something from me I was not willing to give.  Now when I hug someone or see myself or try to find something to wear......................anyhow.....I still can't believe I lost my boob because of an ice frikking storm and closed roads.

So I told the nurse at my doctor's office to be prepared.  He is going to hear the words that scare my DH the most.  "I have been thinking and I have a plan!"  My PS told me the only choice I really had left was a DIEP.  Well with Whippetmom's help and some research I respectfully disagree!

I am going armed to my appointment tomorrow ready to take ovre a small country and I dare him to turn me down!  He is very conservative and I respect that, but I need him to step outside his comfy little box this time.  I know he is just as devastated as I am so hopefully he is willing to go down this path with me and try something he has not done before.  

I hope so, I hate doc shopping. You can find anyone to do what you want if they know the insurance is paying.  But who do you trust.

Hope all the Hoolies are well.  I'm fine just having my patience tested AGAIN!!! And I am a VERY patient person.  Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will at least have a plan implemented!

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

4........I hope all goes well tomorrow........you have been through a lot, and deserve to vent........

Will say a few extra's for you tonight........hang in there girlfriend.....your a lot stronger, and patient then your giving yourself credit for............its been a tough road.......hugs..and......prayers.

• 4sewwhat
    edited February 2014

Thanks for the hug Ducky!  I know I am stronger than all this shit and can be a patient as I have to.  Right now I am a pissed off woman on a mission!  I will just feel better when I know my doc is on board with the game plan.  I'm not giving him a choice, mind you!  Just sayin' I will feel better once he agrees and I don't have to twist his arm and call his wife on him :0)

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

4..............this ones for you........you go girl...............

• 4sewwhat
    edited February 2014

So I have settled my landlord issues and will not be going to court.  Thanks goodness!

Now on to put together the plan to take over my PS's office and implement operation Build A Boob!  He doesn't stand a chance :0)

Oh, and I guess my family might want dinner too.

All in all productive day.  Just keep swimming................................That's what I am doing with my Nemo boobs!

• marywh
    edited February 2014

Good luck 4. Has anybody heard from gma?

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited February 2014

Mary, I'm here just quiet.. Edit: My DH might be getting laid off.

• 4sewwhat
    edited February 2014

Thanks Mary,

Hope you are doing well.  Yay for no morphine!!!  I hate pain meds.  Haven't taken any since my ankle surgery over a year ago.  I a grin and bear it kinda girl.  So far I have been able to bear it.

I am getting kinda nervous about my appointment tomorrow.  I don't usually get nervous except in the begining with the Onc.  I just don't want the PS to shoot me down.  I at least want him to think about what I am proposing.

• 4sewwhat
    edited February 2014

Gma, sorry to hear.  I wish someone would stop this damn ride so we could all get off of it already :0(  I'll cross what I got that it doesn't happen.

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

4......your gonna do fine.....hugs........

• 4sewwhat
    edited February 2014

Thanks!  It's gonna be a long night.  getting my ducks in a row...I'll put you at the front of the line!!

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

aaaaaahhhh........I feel honored.......will say many prayers for you tonight........get a good nights sleep......and be ready to "stand your ground" tomorrow......hugs......

• marywh
    edited February 2014

Im glad you're lurking gma. I hope your dh doesn't get laid off. Prayers to you.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited February 2014

Thinking of you Gma

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited February 2014

Checking in with my hooliehearts - ending a looooong workweek.... off the next 2 days - YAHOOOO!

• 4sewwhat
    edited February 2014

Enjoy the break Shell!!  You work hard and deal with a lot of chit.  You deserve the down time!

I'm off to put on my persuasive face!