Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited February 2014

44444444!  Just want to know..... now I understand!  I missed a lot of what was happening to you!  Just Damn!  It couldn't have gotten any worse.... and I'm sorry....

What is your plan?  Do you think they will buy it?  I found out yesterday, when I went to my PC's, about taking over my broken bone stuff...  I asked HER to take out my clamps or staples or whatever...  I didn't want to wait until Friday when I see the surgeon.... And, she DID it, even though she thought THEY would be the ones that would have that job.  AND she worked with me on the pain meds!   Talked to me like a friend, instead of just another sick person! 

So maybe have all of your ideas written down?  And tell them, that you just can't take any more, and you are just hoping they will back you on this!   Does THIS one know what you went through?  

If you would have been my Daughter, we.... (me and the rest of us) would have carried you piggy-back through the wind and snow to get you help!   I know this would probably never happen again, but once would just break your heart and your spirit. 

Your appointments today?  Go there, with both barrels loaded, and come back here and let us know...

Love you little Grasshopper! xooxoxo

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited February 2014

Thanks Chevy!!!

I'm loaded for bear!  Have enough info in my file to take over a small country :0)   I am starting with my persuasive, positive face but it could morph into hysterical, you-can't-leave-me-like-this face at any time.  I am his laughing no matter what patient, so that would really freak him out.  If all else fails I will track down his wife and get her on my side!!!

I love my PS and have been with him from the beginning.  I did a bunch of other consults and ended up right back with him.  He is very humble and credits everything to God, doesn't think he is God!  I met a few of those PS along the way.  He is also very conservative in his approach and by the book.  He is capable of doing what I want I just have to push those comfort boundaries and convince him of that!  But ask my husband, I can be pretty persuasive.

I have come to the conclusion that this happened to me for a reason and that reason is to push my doctor to explore other possibilities and change the way he does things with his cancer patients to get them a better outcome!  I hope my problems and solutions help many future patients!

My plan is fat grafting to reverse some of the radiation damage!  It is being done alot now.  He already told me things in there look to be in good shape.  So I figure I have 2 thighs and as he pointed out God blessed me with belly fat so I could use it if I needed it.  He was thinking DIEP, but he may regret pointing out the belly because I have different plans for it!!!

My Nemo boob keeps trying to fill back out!  Do you know how depressing it is to have to deflate your own booblette into the sink :0(

Ok, have to go shower so I can smell like Cami!!  Then I am off to scare my doctor because..................

"I have been thinking and I have a plan!!!!!"

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2014

GMA I'm so sorry to hear that--I hate all this chit.

Shell I'm so glad u have some time to just unwind.

44444 U'd better report back to tell us. Wishing u luck.

• 4sewwhat
    edited February 2014

Don't worry Cami, I'll be back.

My letter to my doc is just coming off the printer and my case studies are all hi-lighted. My DH says the man doesn't stand a chance because he has seen that look in my eye before!!!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited February 2014

A sad story............and something to ponder, which defies much of the talk about "Pot", and its effect on people..........

About 1 month ago there was an accident on one of our highways......2 boys walking on the sidewalk were hit by a pick-up truck which was cut off by a car...............the driver in the pick-up truck swerved to avoid the guy who ran him off the road, and hit the 2 boys......................the driver in the truck stopped...........the driver in the car kept going..........finally he was tracked down by his license plate............he was charged for leaving the scene of an accident pending further investigation...............

Yesterday after all tests came back........it was shown the driver of the car.............who caused the accident, and did not stop was "high on Pot"................the report is he was severely impaired, and should not have been behind the wheel of a vehicle........

Now my point.....I hear so many people say.........Its fine, there is nothing wrong with it, anyone can function while smoking Pot..........it should be legalized throughout the country.................are they friggin kidding me.........is this what our world is coming to...........

The end of the story is this............. Dante "died" from is injuries........he was a star athlete, had just graduated from our town HS, and was in his first year of college.......and someone's "child"....his friend lived, but has severe lung damage, and a brain injury..................this because some "asshole" thought it was ok to smoke Pot, and get behind the wheel of a car.............so we should legalize this, and put more of it in the hand of idiots, and let them perform as ............drivers, workers in dangerous jobs, nurses, Dr.'s, firemen, police officers, etc............I think you get my point...............

Medical marijuina (?).....is fine when used for just that........

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited February 2014

Ducky       Amen!

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Jan.....thank you......I am sure there are those who will completely disagree with me.......but here is a true story of the result of what our police dept called DUI.................

Of course people will still be able to get Pot.......but make it legal, sell it in stores around town, and then see what happens................every "drug", and it is a drug effects people differently.....we are a perfect example....how many of us have no SE's from our meds,, while others suffer everyday.....what next after Pot.....legalize all drugs of choice............so who is to know which one is the one who could one day "kill your child" because they got "legal Pot", and decided they could drive a car..........

Show me one reason why it should be legal.....and don't give me the "bullshit".....well they can get it anyway...........sure they can........but making it legal puts it right in their hands.........

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited February 2014

The Guys he talked to will add him to 2 days of salary and extra hours when needed on as a tech for a fire-watch system.. The other job is cutting his hours.  So this might work and give him a change of pace each week.  

As far as how I am doing.. no gabapentin anymore, brain is back and I can stand on my feet without falling over... Rough side is my nerve pain is still there; its causing a little grief with my LE; Using tylenol #4s during the day and tramadol for bedtime, I also have pain creams I use.  Still in pain, but as I said - my brain is back.  

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

gma......some good news.............thank heavens for small things.......hugs

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited February 2014

GMA so sorry

Ducky don't think it was the Pot he had other drugs in his system!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited February 2014

sad story Ducky. 

Gma sounds promising for DH. Sorry you still have pain but good to have your brain back. 

Update!!!  I am scheduled for surgery May 2!!!  Poor guy doesn't know what hit him!  On my phone right now so will be back with details. 

Just SO relieved right now!

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

I think he had 1 other drug, but they said the "pot" test was off the charts........I forget the name of the other drug.........

I had 2 grandsons (can't believe I am admitting to this) who were smoking Pot...............nothing else......each of them when they were using would literally fall asleep in the middle of a conversation.....at first I said "what the hell is wrong with you".........said "I'm just tired".........finally realized what was going on, and flipped my wig............

They are both fine now, but what bothers me is what others have said to me..........."its only pot"...........WTF.......I watched them.....their heads were dropping, eyes, closing, right in front of my face........I said "what next Oxy, Percs, heroine...........these kids have no idea...........if its not that, its drinking..............as I said......both are fine, but for a while it was tough on my sons..........and they did not deserve it.......way to good a parent.......and it will destroy an entire family...........

I just hope that freak does not get away with this.......you know once the smoke clears, and people calm down, its over.............no one ever follows through with "what did they do to him".....slap on the wrist.......and what a talented boy he was..........

We had another kid from Springfield die a few weeks ago........overdosed.......a very promising wrestler........kicked the habit.....went back 1 time and they found him dead.........

The thing that sickened me the most was that actor (can't remember his name)....who recently died from a heroine overdose..........OMG,they almost immortalized him on TV........are you kidding me.........he was an addict plain and simple.........yes I feel bad for them, and it is tough, and they do relapse, but let's feel bad without putting them on a pedestal........they are what they are......and it has to be stopped.......although not in my time...........

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited February 2014

I know how you feel Ducky. The short time I was on morphine almost addicted me. Im still having side effects from it. I hope I never have to take it again. As for the pot thing, It will be just like the drinking and driving, They'll come up with a roadside test and the punishment will be the same as for drinking and driving ( I hope). The government wants in on it so they'll make money.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited February 2014

Washington state has passed the law to legalize pot....Pot stores will start selling around June(?).....driving stoned will be  the law "driving under the influence" law, whether it is booze, pot (recreational or RX pot), or drugs (recreational or prescription drugs)Nerdy

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

It is just so sad for that poor family.........he had such a promising future, and his whole life ahead of him.......

• di2012
    edited February 2014

Mary, I was given morphine....after a surgery (not BC)....knocked on me on my butt.... then floating....floating...floating, I caught a glimpse of how one gets addicted....pretty scary stuff!

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

I had rotator cuff surgery where they opened my shoulder to fix the tear......it was too large to do arthoscopically...............after surgery they gave me Morphine.............and I was put on a drip............I had a reaction to the drug, so  eventually they had to stop it.............the pain after that was excruciating.....and have never had pain like that............and I had 6 children 2, with nothing........

The feeling I had on the Morphine was horrible, and would never want to take it again.......I hope and pray I never have to..........I can understand what the ladies on here mean when they say it is tough.

I have a grandson who had a shoulder tear........it as serious, and he had to have surgery, extensive surgery.........he was put on Morphine first, then after going home he was put on Oxy..........after that he became dependent on drugs, and got addicted..................he was a 4.0 GPA student at a very prestigous college......he was a star athlete playing a defensive position..................bottom line........the addition turned him into someone I did not know.........he smashed up 2 cars.......he got his self in serious trouble, and.......he cost his father thousands of dollars, ....went to rehab, came back wonderful, and about 2 weeks ago I saw him, and he did not look good to me...........not sure what is up.......I am hoping and praying he has not had a relapse.......

My point in telling this is..........he began smoking sometime after he came out of rehab......not sure when...............I called it a "crutch".........someone said to me ............'its pot........there is nothing wrong with that, I don't have a problem with him doing that"...................Well I f------ng do...........because next it will be the hard stuff...............ok enough said........don't anyone ever tell me Pot should be legal all over the country.........................what after that.......huh...................sorry for venting............

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited February 2014

With all the laws dealing with drunk drivers, people still drive drunk, and innocent people get killed all the time.  I don't see how any no-pot-driving laws will prevent disasters.    A sad trend of our times.   Jan

• di2012
    edited February 2014

I will be gone for a while....going on a cruise with hubby...flying to Long Beach, staying in San Pedro, CA and then on Sat. getting on a cruise ship for 10 days to go to Mexico, Sea of Cortez, hope to see mama and baby whales....I will have to wear lots of SPF 30, I am so pale.....not a tanner for a long time, just sit on my covered aft balcony with my camera, binoculars and my tablet to read kindle books....hoping for whales to breach right by the ship.

Di

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Di........enjoy.........safe trip.........

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2014

Sorry Ducky... That has to be so hard, watching a family member going through that, and not being able to help....  We all have family members that drugs have affected. 

I think those of us that are older, just  have no use for any kind of those street drugs.....   I mean alcohol is bad enough...  It just seems to be out of control now....

Everyone that is younger seems to think, "well, it won't hurt".....   I just thank God  I grew up when drugs weren't all over the place.   I mean my Brother and I got into ENOUGH trouble when we were caught smoking!  

Got the girls raised, AND my Grandsons', but I just hope people can turn to something other than these "crutches" to get them through another day.   It's like "Anything Goes" anymore.... 

• duckyb1
    edited February 2014

Sad thing is.............many are getting it legally from their Dr.'s for sport related surgeries which was his case..........then they love it, and find the source to continue...........and it is all over.......on every corner.......it is heartbreaking........but I won't give up on him...........Handsome, Penn State University at night for his last year...........already did 3 years at Franklin and Marshall University..... fantastic job, great salary, new car, ready to go for the gold..........it is Pot............but it is a relapse.......and we have to get it immediately.........and we will...........

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2014

My Brother "lost" his Son.....  I mean he would do anything for his pot, drugs, and alcohol...  fathered 3 kids....  lived on the streets.... finally got state-aid, for his "disability" but every check went for his addictions.....  Family tried so hard, to help him out..... Finally had to give it up.... 

And yes, the State, helped supply "drugs" for his "problems."

Stole from his own family,  they had to say NO ..... No more...

And he lives on his own, or with an X-girlfriend, but will never be "normal"....does not want to be responsible.   There IS no answer for this guy....  and he is 52!  

But this story is everywhere...  And all over the TV.... McKenzie Philips is one gal, who went through re-hab, I don't know how many times, and has stayed clean.... but there aren't many people who can give it up.

• 4sewwhat
    edited February 2014

Good Morning Hoolie Girls!

I am flying High today cuz I have renewed hope all can be salvaged.  No pot here :0(  I've tried it, I liked it.  When I told my husband it makes me horny he said "Let's get some!"

People are gonna do stupid shit whether it's pot, booze, perscriptions, new designer crap, whatever.  Bottom line is a lot of people are just idiots and the rest of us have to suffer for it.

Now for my PS update!

I had an awesome appointment with my PS yesterday and he is on board!!! He started with asking me did I want to go to Miami, Philly or a third place. I told him I wasn't going anywhere because he could do this!!! So he went on to say I was going to be the patient that pushes him to move forward!! His Office staff is thrilled someone is busting him out of his box!!! ( and I didn't even have to fire up the cattle prod, but I was prepared to!)   I told him if he could go to Africa and deliver babies and take out apendixes and God knows what else in those kinds of conditions, he could certainly do this!

I also wore a sweater that over emphasized my problem!!!!!  I had a stack of research, a mischeivious glint in my eye and a look on my face that said "I dare you to say NO!!"

He actually kind of lit up and got excited when we were talking and mentioned that in the future he could be the fat grafting doctor in Atlanta because it is something that is really needed for cancer patients! He said he was going to research and maybe even take a trip to Miami to observe, then come back and do my fat grafting!!! He already does it for other reasons, so it is not totally new to him.  And think how many people could benefit from relief of radiation symptoms if it works!  And I could have a new Boob by the end of the year if all goes well!

I know this is going to take what is going to seem like forever, especially since I was DONE :0( and now am starting over, but at least the light is bright at the end of the tunnel that isn't a freight train this time!

I know this pales in comparison to what some of you are dealing with and I hate that you have to deal with anything.  Hoolie girls deserve only ppositive things in the future!!!

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited February 2014

4- great news, good for you. So does he have to put an expander back in or you just have to wait?

• 4sewwhat
    edited February 2014

I will have to have fat grafting to plump and soften the area back up.  They will do this once or twice depending on how well it takes.  Unfortunately I have to wait 3 months to let things heal and then 3 months in between each procedure.  I am hoping that with the second transfer they will go ahead and place the TE at the same time.  Yes I do have to go through expansion again, but as long as my clothes look ok I'm happy.  I never minded the TEs.

It's amazing, and depressing how fast this thing shrunk up!  At least all the skin is there and will stretch back out.  Muscle has been stretched so I should think it would stretch again with little trouble and muscle memory!!  Especially if it has some of my thigh fat to plump it back up and make it happy.

It's a stem cell thing and also the fat establishes a blood supply so some women are saying their implants don't feel so cool and also that they are getting sensation back!!

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2014

Congratulations 44444444!  Wow!  When YOU get something on your mind, you GO for it!  And you had to figure it all out on your own! 

You must have a great PS!  And one who will listen to you!  You have to be so relieved!  You can't give up, unless you quit fighting.  Trudge on little friend!

• Chevyboy
    edited February 2014

• 4sewwhat
    edited February 2014

Love it Chevy!!!  Thanks for the encouragement!!!  I have a very easy to talk to wonderful PS!  He thinks I am nutz, but don't tell him he is right!!  I have been blessed with my medical team all the way around.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited February 2014

Good for you 4!!!!!!!