Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2014

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited March 2014

image Well it is here and guess what I need

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited March 2014

Aly,

Finally caught up to you!  It's Tuesday and I just poured coffee!

Wait, what do you mean you're ahead of me again??

Good Morning Hooligans

Weeks off to a busy start! AND I have to go get my boo kettle deflated again Bawling How many times are they going to torture me by watching it shrink and disappear before my eyes?  My clothes fit ok. I'm not happy but at least there is something to kind of balance it out. But no, they say fluid retention is a bad thing. 

Yes, I am whining!!  On the plus side I got some good gossip!  It appears that I have crawled in my PS head and he is doing his homework!  

Have a great day ladies! Hope all is well and calm for a spell at least!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2014

thanks peeps!!

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited March 2014

Hi Hooleyangels - today and tomorrow off - YAHOOOO!!!

Have lots to read, then will catch up with y'all!

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

Hey Shell!  Enjoy the days off!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited March 2014

Shell, Shell, Shell................so go to see you.............hope your doing good and not working too hard............take it easy tomorrow..........sit back and enjoy the sun........we have a few more cold days and then a possible break...........

Made some homemade scone today, and just had a piece toasted with butter,, and a cup of French Vanilla coffee...........Life is good...............hugs girlfriend........

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2014

hey Shelly how r u?

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited March 2014

Sweet dreams Hooligans xoxoxo

Blondie I am so happy for your news ugh I can't even imagine trying to wait for that news... You have kicked butt... Kick that cancers F'n butt!!!

My Dr ordered at chest CT scan and he told me no clot or signs of cancer... I am so happy it is hard not getting chemo anymore... 

Ducky I remember when you told us about GS... Addiction is a life long battle... You are an angel helping him. Seeing his potential knowing he can do it. I will say prayers. It is such a blessing you are not turning a blind eye to the behavior waiting to the last minute to address the issues.

4 sounds like u have done your research!!! Way to go advocating for your self. Sending hugs your way!! Praying for your foobs... I still have tissue expanders... Right side I had the lat flap so looks pretty weird but I guess I have to give it time.  

Chevy how are u healing?? Hope the recovery is not excruciating...

Mary how are you feeling???

Miss you all so much sorry I have been lurking. My sons 2nd birthday is 3/15 so excited to have his first real birthday!! I was so sick last year going through chemo we didn't get to throw him the traditional birthday... I came full circle... I will post pics. Austin loves the show "Bob the Builder" so that's the theme :) any suggestions on a recipe for cake icing??? I am making the cake lemon flavored...

ChickaD were are u?? Miss u

Sweet Pea

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

Hi There Sweet Pea!

Good to see you!  Great news on the scans! My how I hope this year is looking up for the Hoolie Girls!

Yes I have more than done my homework through this whole process.  I will not be surprised when one day my doctors car pool out to my house to disconnect my internet!  I will say I have surprised them a time or two coming up with something ahead of them!  My PS yesterday told me "I think we are headed in a really good direction!"  That was huge!  I told him I thought so too but was really glad to hear him say it!  

TEs are not horrible, but I can't believe I am headed back to one again!  It's all good though!

My kids loved Bob the Builder!!!  Still have the books, VHS tapes!, Christmas ornaments, you name it!!!  I happen to be a cake decorator for the past 20+ years so I do have a frosting suggestion for you!

1 8 ounce pack cream cheese

1 stick of real butter

1 cup of Crisco (sorry it is for texture and spreadability!)

1 teaspoon flavoring you could do vanilla or lemon or even almond

4-6 tablespoons water

2 bags of powdered sugar

put cr cheese, butter and crisco in the mixer and beat it together until smooth.

Add half the sugar until it is too thick then add the water and flavor.  now it will be too thin!  Then slowly add the rest of the sugar until it is the desired consistancy.  

By adding sugar first it stops the liquid from splashing back out at you!  Must be that whole oil and water don't mix thing!!

Good luck with the cake.  BTW seedles blackberry preserves make a yummy filling for lemon cake!!  Let me know if you need any help!  I have a bob the builder cake pan I think I could loan you if you want to get that detailed or I could talk you through how to make a picture of bob on a sheet cake.  How fancy you wanna git???

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Stacey........One of my grandson's (the one I took care of from an infant so my daughter could return to work) loved Bob the Builder...........OMG.......we watched the show together every morning, and he had every toy that was connected to BTB...........and all the books.........he is now 15........brings back such fond memories.....

My other grandson is doing better......have not seen him......I do believe my son is trying to keep this relapse under wraps..............but I hear he has him on a short leash right now.....sad thing is this boy is 22....he has taken his car keys, cell phone, no FB......as long as he lives under his roof.......so far it is working.........but then again.....it did before too...for a little while......maybe this time will be the charm.......this kid has a fabulous job with my sons company, his own car, lives in a gorgeous home......has wonderful parents.....just got hooked because of "script drugs" for a shoulder surgery from a fooball injury when he was 18..........still hoping, and thanks for your prayers......hugs......

That icing recipe sounds delish....good luck with your cake.........

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

My PS office just called and they are postponing my May 2 date because this damn thing won't close up and keeps making more juice.  I am just going to sit on my ass until I dry up I guess. And I think I will try putting some colloidal silver on it too.

She did tell me he is researching like crazy so we are moving forward but damn I hate set backs and this is really the first one I have dealt with through everything. Just bummin' for now. Think I'll go fill my cuzi tub. Kids aren't home for 3 more hours. Guess I should skip the bottle of wine since it is before noon!

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

4.........cuzzi works everytime......I have one but have not used it for 3 years......since LE.......no hot water.....ok who wants to be in a cold cuzzi.........not me.....so it sits unused......

Hey.........do the wine..........its 5 o'clock somewhere...........LOL

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

My LE therapist says there is really no Good proof behind the hot water thing. And the cuzi tub is not as hot as say a hot tub. I do it frequently with no trouble. Plus I usually read and the tub is not super deep so my arm lit and arms are not submerged in the hot water.

I say give it a try!

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

4..........will do..........but I am horrible with the hot water.......I have one of those water heaters that never runs out of hot water.

When you turn your hot water on it gets hot and remains that way........when you turn it off, the entire system shuts down till you turn it on again............it is a small box that hangs on the wall, and has a heat coil that runs through that only turns on when you turn the water on.........

Fabulous and a money saver because you are not always heating water.....only heats when you need it, and stops when you turn it off.

They are called "Tankless Water Heaters"..........expensive at first, but a money saver after.

My point in saying that is.......I can't resist making the water too hot, because I never run out......LOL......guess I can tone it down some.......will give it a shot..............then have to hope I don't break my ass...getting into and out of the tub.............Am I a mess or what.

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

I like it super Hot too!  We had a hot pot on the counter we used to heat and pour in. A time or two my husband boiled water in a huge soup pot and brought it upstairs!  It was freezing outside and it's a corner tub with a big window on each wall.  I think he brought at least 6 pots each time one got hot!  I'm spoiled!

I get the scented Epsom salts and candles. So nice!  Accidentally used something that bubbled once. Felt like Lucille Ball with bubbles going over the edge in record time!  Had my eyes closed. Opened them and was like , HOLY CRAP!

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

4.........those tankless water heaters are fantastic.......like I said not cheap when you get them installed, but it pays in the end because you don't have that big tank in the basement constantly heating the water as it cools down......

With the tankless it only heats the water when you turn on the faucet, continues to heat it till you turn the faucet off, and then shuts down until the next time you turn it on.......they are very popular in Florida from what I have been told......

Imagine never running out of hot water....until you turn it off.......love it.......that was the first thing I said to my son when he built this home 3 years ago for me.........tankless water heater, and a Jacuzzi.....a must............oh and a breakfast room separate from the kitchen.....and the kitchen has to be huge..........there are some things I just insist on.......he put on a gorgeous shower............bench to sit on.......rain shower over top........body sprays all around........really nce............so I said to him.........what good is a fancy shower if you run out of hot water.............he agreed.........LOL

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited March 2014

what are we going to do when this shuts down for 6 hours tomorrow. I'll get some sewing done I think. I'm about ready to start the next brides maid dress.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited March 2014

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Aly............adorable..........everyone loves Friday.......

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2014

I agreed to work for someone at the senior center tomorrow, so I'll be at work most of the time the site is down. I do hope they get it up when they say they will. A whole day without would send me into acute withdrawal.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2014

• Smaarty
    edited March 2014

it's up and running. They changed the page numbering system. Now you can only go back one page at a time. Bummer.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited March 2014

Smaarty, aagree, bummer!

• Smaarty
    edited March 2014

they're back. 

• Smaarty
    edited March 2014

where's everybody? Is this thread working?

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

Yup it's working just not active a lot some times :0(

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Chabba.........we are going on the Magic School Bus for our trip.........FK said we have to make the trip to get Aly........so we're taking the bus.......it can do anything....fly, go in water, anything.......we have 10 so far......

Smaarty would you like to go..........let me know and I will put your name on the list........it is going to be a blast...........we want to fill up the bus.........

Not sure whose driving .....oh yea, we're taking turns.............so far we have Alaska, Jamiaca, Puerto Rico.....and its all free.................

Come over to Goddesses to get your name on the list...........LOL, such fun............

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited March 2014

I don't do Goddesses, but I want to go..I said that before, so put me on the list...I think we should go to Hawaii too...We should go see the sights. I'll drive....

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Mary, Mary............I think your name is already on......if not will go to the list right now.............and Hawaii it is.........