Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited March 2014

Hi ladies, i've just been looking around for a good thread, and I think this my be it, gotta go to bed but looking forward to going back and reading these.I was just dx 5 weeks ago, had my first round of chemo last week…. here's some of what I got so far... I apparently should make my body more alkaline by eating seaweed soup and boiled lemon water, then the cancer cells can't grow. Also, I need to become a vegan. Of course it's most likely caused by the daily glass of wine I drink…errr drank… before chemo. Also, i'm not supposed to have cancer because I'm "too nice". And of course my neighbors cousin's, sister's friend had it years ago and she's doing just fine. And the really good news? My hair may grow back curley!!! STFU!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited March 2014

Welcome Genny. You get it exactly!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited March 2014

Genny, Yes, exactly!!  And Welcome Loopy

You do hear a bunch of stuff, that's for sure!  The alkaline stuff is true though, but I don't know about the soup!!  I have heard about frozen lemons.  I take lemon capsuls.  I also drink alkaline water.  It makes a huge difference in your hydration.  Cancer doesn't like basic environment, it likes acidic and it doesn't like oxygenated cells!  In fact they are doing studies on how to oxygenate to kill it.  It is also why oncs don't want you taking antioxidants while doing chemo.  They want the cells active so they get zapped better.  At least that is my understanding of it!

Hi Wren!  How are you doing tonight?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2014

Mary my biggest (((HUGS))) and (((PRAYERS))) for u that this damn Chemo will start kicking A$$. I'm sorry.

Welcome Genny--u will her everything and most things will blame u and what u've done--but I do have a saying cancer has no rules--so ignore everybody.

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

Good Morning Hooligans!!!

Like the saying Cami, cuz you are so right, NO damn rules!

Off to deliver 300 cupcakes and then going for a new PS consult to see how they recommend fixing the Nemo boob :0(

So, why do I feel like I am sneaking around cheating on my PS???

Have a good day ladies!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited March 2014

Have no idea how I lost this damn thread out of my favorites again, but I did.....not even going to try to catch up.....will say...

GMa......hope your better today.

Mary......hugs and prayers for you..hang in there girlie

4......you saw me on other threads

Shell...missed your birthday sweetie.......Happy , Happy.hope it was a good one

Met the ladies...FK, Joan, Blondie.........what a fun group we were.......love them and hated to see it end......there are pictures.......check them out...I think on the TOL thread.......

Ok, so here I am.....weekend over.....grandson was an angel and wants to stay with me instead of going to my daughters.......told him at least there he has a bed......he slipped up......told him how it has to be....he listened, stayed in the whole time with me.....we ate, talked, and watched TV......he is a great kid...kid he's gonna be 22, but told him the "Nannie" line about being good......he is gone now.....left for work, and will go back to my daughter's tonight after his school.....he goes to Penn State, and will graduate in April with his degree.......not the Main campus......one near our home, but still PSU.....

Have a stress Echo today....not looking forward to that.............could not have my coffee today, not big deal its just I enjoy 1 cup in the morning...............ok hugs all

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

Yay!! Ducky is back telling everyone to STFU!!!!!

Good luck on that test!  Then his Starbucks!!

I'm off to see if there is home for my boob!!

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

4.....if I drank STarbucks, I would be bouncing off the walls till. next week..............GReen Mountain for me............LOL

And won't get that either today,  because the test is 2pm....lasting till 5pm, home by 5:30pm, and that is way too late for coffee unless its decaf.............

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2014

good luck with the test Ducky....

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited March 2014

Hope your test went well, Ducky.

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Thanks ladies......I had a nuclear stress test, and an echo-cardiogram....have to get that once a year.......he said everything was good........so at least that is done...............it take 3 hours, and I hate it.........but its over and done with........

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

Hey Ducky,

Glad it's over for another year!  Everything else ok?  You sound different to me past couple days?

Hey Mary. Hope you get a leg up this week!

Hiya Blondie. You too!

Hope the rest of you Hooligans are well.

Chickie! I keep getting those vacay emails from you!  You are still a big tease!  Hope John's eye is coming along well.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited March 2014

Having a lovely day. Been spoilt by the family and yes I am 65 today.

Hope every one is doing well.

Big hugs

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited March 2014

Happy Birthday, Alyson.  You deserve to be spoiled.  

Greetings to all the Hooligans!

Welcome, Genny!!

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited March 2014

Happy Birthday Alyson!!!!

Cindy AKA Squishy

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Happy Birthday Aly.................hugs

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited March 2014

Happy Birthday Allyson! (even if I am late!)

Ducky, glad your tests were all good.

Mary, as always, praying for you.

Hugs G'ma Foley xoxo

4, hope you get your PS stuff straightened out soon. You have been through so much!

Hi Shells! How is Hawaii? Sounds great about now since it is 16 degrees and it is almost April! Longest winter EVER!

Ok, at work as usual so gotta run but am enjoying a vacation from aromasin for a couple of weeks and already (last dose was Friday) am feeling the difference in my joints! This is not fair. How do you go back to that pain after feeling better????

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

April........I am on Letrozole and was considering asking for a vacation........it is encouraging to hear someone went on a vacation, and felt better............Ijust hope it takes away at least some of your pain when you go back.......know the feeling........it is brutal.......

How did your MO feel about you going off for a while....mine frowned on it, but for heaven sake, I'm going to be 79 next month.......I said from day 1........the cure alone will kill you.............

Let us know how it goes for you ........hugs.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited March 2014

Ducky, the MO is the one who put me on a "vacation" for two weeks so she could see if my sudden high blood pressure is related to the drug. I never had HBP in my life and last week, my BP was extremely high (as in send you to the hospital high 181/110!!) and my PCP waited an hour and it came down to 148/91 so she let me go home. I have to go back on April 4th (two weeks) to my PCP and have it rechecked and let the MO know what came of the "vacation" as in which side effects lessened and which didn't. I think most of them will go away cause I am already feeling better after just 3+ days without the evil little pill!

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Wow April...............my Devil pill never had an effect on my BP....it is just the horrible joint pain......I never gained weight either, and so many do but then again........the last thing I needed was weight gain.......no hot flashes either..........it was the horrible joint pain......although I had some arthritis before Letrozole.........it just got much worse.......

Hope you get a lot more relief, and your pressure under control.......hugs.

• Sandydoc
    Sandydoc Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2014

oh, bust my buttons ladies!!!!

Newly dx, started chemo last week, trying to figure out the hair thing, work thing, when to  pull the chemo card and when to kick my own ass.  Off work for disability now due to HR snafu, as a chronically overworked family doctor  working for a large HCO.  Want to work while I can, as long as healthy for me.

love th STF..U!!!  Everyone is so : ) about my BC!!! SUNshiny, everything will be OK!  Everyone had that, and they are doing GREAT!!!!  

Fortunately, I have super supportive anesthesiologist doctor husband whose life mission is to take care of my logistics.  Unfortunately, I'm by nature self critical, and always guilty that I'm not dong enough for myself, family, patients, neighbors, animals, plants, the earth and universe, or have I left out something?

Thank you for the cathartic listening, love,

Sandy

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALYSON

Sandy, welcome! If you have the time, start reading this thread from the start. But your gonna pee your pants laughing!

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited March 2014

Hi Sandy, I'm new to BC also and I share your sentiment, this is a great thread, I've been going back and reading and its lots of fun.

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Sandydoc, and Genny.............Welcome, welcome, welcome.......ok, that's one welcome too many......so glad you stopped by................this is a great place to hang out but I have to inform you of something first.

II am the funniest, prettiest, sexiest, "OLDEST" broad on this thread and in addition I am a member of the Mile High Club...........ask anyone........the will agree........RIGHT LADIES.............

So you all come on in, side a spell, and have some fun...........like we love to say...........

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2014

These pics were about 2 hours ago. Everybody up north can say it:STFU

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

Sure!  Rub it in!  Atlanta is going to be 26 in the morning!

Genny, glad to see you pop back by

Sandydoc!  Hope you have experience with psych patients.  It will come in handy here!  Welcome!

Aly,  Happy Birthday!

April. Hiya!  New PS was friendly and smart enough.  Threw me a curve I never saw coming.  He suggests hyperbaric!  90 minutes a day, 5 days a week, 8 weeks!  S.T.F.U.  Now I am more confused than ever!

Mary, hope it's a good kick it to the curb week!

Same for you Gma!

Hey, Ducky!  I challenge you on funny, but you can have the rest!  Maybe on my flight to Vegas I can grab a pilot and join your club!!

Hey Shells!  Send spookie a pic of your sunny beach just to make HER jealous!!  Hope you and DH are well!

Ok Hooligans, trying to get caught up and my kids think they need to eat, AGAIN,

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited March 2014

Oh Happy Late Birthday Aly!  Love you!!!!!!!!!!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2014

Happy Birthday Alli

Ducky you are right!!

• duckyb1
    edited March 2014

Blondie..............LOL.........I think a lot of myself......LMAO..............

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2014

Welcome Sandydoc--OK this is one place where the words quilt and sorry re scarcely used==We can vent, cry, be mad or whatever--but u can't feel guilty about getting this bastard disease - anyone can get it and there are no rules. But it sounds like u'll have great support so that helps a lot.