Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited March 2014

Quatre: Hang in there girlie.

It's freezing over here - heavy winds with a windchill factor - 68 degrees.  OK - before you start deriding this - we don't have heated homes over here, and not too many winter clothes, so it's chilly for us. 

Hi Ducks! and Chevy! and Camm! and Wren! and BlondieeSpookieStaceyAprilAllyandallofyouse. Off to go work, my husband always used to say - bye honey, go save some lives…. we haven't come up with a good hospice nurse wife farewell greeting, yet. Any ideas? 

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited March 2014

Bye Honey!  Go give comfort?

I'm hangin in Shell! This to shall pass and I will just keep swimming!

Have a good day at work!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited March 2014

Ah Shells, I'm not laughing at 68.  We don't have central heat/AC. I do have some winter stuff. And they laugh at me when I whine I'm cold. They just don't understand that 70 or below is TOO DAMN COLD!! Snif

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited March 2014

Shell How about Go and ease some hearts?  I know the respite workers that id that.helped my SIL when DB was near the end certainly did.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited March 2014

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2014

Aly. Ran into a friend over the weekend, who said she has RA. I didn't know that. Then she says she is being treated with chemo! My jaw hit the floor!  She takes 1 pill on Sun, feels crummy on Mon, and then works 5 days. She is a hairdresser. She told me the name of the drug, but it leaked out. Think it started with M. Maybe this would help your pain?

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited March 2014

Happy belated Birthday Shells! Hoping you still have all of your arms and stuff since you were an axe weilding mamma...tee hee.

Hey, now I have a BRAND NEW wrinkle to add to my shit storm. I was drying off after getting out of the shower on Friday and noticed that my left (cancer side) nipple was crusty (for lack of a better term) and the right was not which may or may not mean something. I checked out the Paget's thread and they told me I should ask my MO who I see tomorrow, for a punch biopsy? Ugh...when is my luck going to change??????  I feel like every time I come here to say hello, I am adding more "woe is me" to my posts! I feel selfish.

Hope all of YOU are doing well. Love to the hoolies. xoxoxoxo Gotta run cause am at work!Shocked

• shellshine
    edited March 2014

April - need to see the MO right away - it's very very good you have an appt. Can you bathe the night before and not clean the nipple drainage?  Want to make sure it is easily seen at your visit.

Pls let us know what your MO says.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited March 2014

Will do Shells...it has not "oozed" at all since Friday and I already rubbed the little crusty part off the tip of the nip (ha that rhymes!) so hopefully she will just take my word for it. I have not squeezed or manipulated it to give up more of whatever that is that it was so right now it looks clear like the other side but I know what was there and it has been there before which I told the nurse about during my very first visit to the BS before I was diagnosed. She saw the crusty stuff and did not seem at all alarmed by it for some reason and I have had so much treatment on this breast and of course rads and mammos etc so hoping that if something was there, they would have caught it? Anyway, still nervous!

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

Good luck April!  Big hugs and prayers that is is nothing!

Spookie, your friend is prolly taking Methotrexate. When other stuff stops working for RA and Lupus patients, that is what they move on to.  I have heard it works pretty good, but it is still chemo!

Happy Monday to all the Hoolie Girls!  Here's hoping for a good week for us all!

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2014

4444 I think that is the name. Hope Alyson sees these posts, maybe it would help her. Less pain. 

• Alyson
    edited March 2014

April thinking about you, pleased you are seeing your doc.

Spookiest and 4, I have taken Methotrexate just before I was dx with BC. Itade me feel dreadful for several days. Stopped taking it when dx and they don't want me to do it again.  But thanks for the support.

Sunny morning here and I need Coffee.

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

oh Aly, that stinks!  I have a friend with Lupus and she works for a doctor's office so she is always telling me about new stuff.  She has the kind of lupus that goes for the joints, not the one that goes aftr the organs, thankfully!  The way they treat her lupus is very similar to how they treat RA.  I will ask her if she has any ideas and get back to you.  I know things are different here with the FDA and how things are done in other countries, but it might turn up something!

Enjoy the coffee!  I didn't get any today.  Perhaps because I sent everyone to school and work then crawled back into bed :0)  I still hurt from Friday.  Not as bad, but it burns all the time.  And of course all I can think of is soaking and relaxing in my cuzzi tub, which I can't do.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2014

April....Hugs!!!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited March 2014

April, good luck..Hope everybody else is doing ok. Went to mo today, tumors on the chest wall are getting bigger which doesn't bode well for the new chemo. Will go back weds. after my tumor markers get back, but in the meantime basement door looks mighty inviting..Trying really hard not to go there, but its getting a little scary. This is the tenth chemo Ive been on, don't know where he'll go next. Arghhhhh.

• spookiesmom
    edited March 2014

Oh Mary (hugs)

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Mary}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Praying For your healing

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited March 2014

Mary gentle hugs for you!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2014

Mary so sorry,  BIG HUGS!! They never comment onmy tumor on the chest wall...I want to get a scan where you go!!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited March 2014

Don't need scans for these, they are on the outside. I asked yesterday why they couldn't surgically remove them, but they said the tumors are so vascular they were afraid of the bleeding. Don't know what they'll do next..

• Alyson
    edited March 2014

image For Mary.

• shellshine
    edited March 2014

Mary - I typed in a big fat swear word yesterday, then took it out and didn't write anything because that stupid basement door wasn't locked. Glad I got over the urge and now can send you the most loving, supportive, and optimistic greeting. Hang in there sweet pea, you are doing great. Live each day to its fullest,  savor each blessing. I see you sitting on your porch playing parcheesi or whatever it is you and your sister like to play, with your grandson proclaiming his latest revelation, and all of us hoolies hiding in your pocket (except when you're naked).

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited March 2014

Mary, thinking of you, this sucks, we know how tough you are! Sending positive wishes.....

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

Hi Shells!

I did unlock the basement but it is a Bouncer that needs a password fprotected entrance!  It is a Disco Club now!  That is the only reason we let anyone go down there any more!!

Mary, check OMG, I posted some stuff for you and am  too lazy to do it again!!!  Just kidding, but I gotta run and get my car.   Dealer said $1575.00 to bail it out.  I said  S.T.F.U.!!!!

Hi there Hole in 1

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

Hello, anybody home???   How bout you Shell?  Having a good weekend??

• gmafoley
    edited March 2014

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

Beautiful Gma!!!  How are you doing??

• gmafoley
    edited March 2014

I'm not.. 

• 4sewwhat