Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited July 2014

Crog, Sending healing thoughts. The waiting must just seem endless.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited July 2014

Seniding thoughts n prayers

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited July 2014

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited July 2014

thanks everyone for the prayers and good wishes for my husbands upcoming surgery..

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited July 2014

Crog, saying prayers and sending positive thoughts for you and your husband.

• gmafoley
    edited July 2014

I know this is a game screenshot but I think it was one of the most precious shots I've ever taken. The little character is mine and that is my buddy body guard (OldGoat is his gamer name), a friend who found out he has leukemia after his major heart surgery.. He is a wonderful friend, in game and out. He is having a hard time in chemo right now and could use some prayers.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited July 2014

Not a lot of time (at work as usual) but wanted to throw in my prayers for Crog's hubby and for your friend G'ma..would love some for my hubby. He has to see a blood oncologist as he is anemic and losing weight like crazy.

I am worried sick! His appt is not until Aug 5th so sweating this big time. He has lost 23 lbs since beginning of May. He is eating normally! But, he did start a new job and he is more active than before but sheesh. Who loses that much weight in 3 months from just getting a job? If it is the job, am I gonna be pissed! I will ask him to get me a job there for 6 months so I can lose the 40 lbs I gained since diagnosis! LOL

Hugs to all and see you Thursday!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited July 2014

Sending hugs, prayers and good thoughts to all that need them!!

Edited to Add: GMA, that looks like a wonderful distraction to thinking about pain. Are those online games difficult to learn?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited July 2014

April.........hugs and prayers.......hope its nothing........hugs.

• gmafoley
    edited July 2014

Slow, I am in a very nice family oriented guild that taught me how to play.  In fact, Our next Gaiscioch magazine has an article, I wrote, to help beginning gamers learn how to play.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2014

GMA, That's so interesting. Seems like it would be a lot of fun. When my kids were young we used to play Zelda all the time. Is it something similar to that?

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited July 2014

hey everyone

I'm back

Lost one of my oldest friend to this damn disease

One more day(tomorrow) to spit it all out and then we gotta get ready for the first party

Please,find something good that happened during this month

I'm counting on all of U

I'll be back tomorrow

Huggs FireKracker ...

• blondiex46
    edited July 2014

HUGS TO U FIRE Sorry bout u r friend

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited July 2014

tx sweetie

This was very hard

I hate this damn disease

I'll be lookin for u on Thursday Blondie...

• blondiex46
    edited July 2014

B there or b square,, luv u

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited July 2014

Kracker, I'm sorry about your friend.  Cancer sucks.

Have to think of something to bring to the party.

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited July 2014

April sending prayers that Hubby's weight loss is due to new job.   

GMA that looks like a cool game.  Sending prayers for your friend

Firecracker so sorry that you have lost another friend.  

Thanks to all that have sent thoughts and prayers for my hubby's surgery tomorrow.  

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited July 2014

Its party time cause its Thursday but I am going to sleep and it might be party time in your part of the world when I wake up but I get the longest time to have fun.

See you all in the morning.

• gmafoley
    edited July 2014

Ladies, I have a question.  If you have a surgeon that doesn't think you need a mastectomy and you want them off... what do you do?  I have been dealing with the leftovers of treatment for 3 years now and I don't want them any more. I want them off!  Am I just being stupid?

• duckyb1
    edited July 2014

GMA......when I was dx......I too wanted to get them "both off".............at the time of course my BC surgeon said "talk it over with your family it is your choice" even though he gave me all options..........his PA was sitting there, and motioned to me ...............That is a lot of surgery......................after thinking about it I decided to do the Lumpectomy.............it is a lot of surgery.............never regretted the choice I made (so far)................but I think your insurance company could have something to say in this regard.............just talk to your surgeon.............I think he is the best one to send you in the right direction.....

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited July 2014

my BS told me if it comes back, then it is mastectomy, I have adjusted to that thought but not gonna due it in advance.  That said, it is very personal and I am sure that insurance will have an opinion, best of thoughts

• duckyb1
    edited July 2014

Proud.......me too.......my Dr. said the same thing.........I don't know if the PA ment "big surgery" because I am a Dcup bra size............or its just a big surgery in general............either way.....I decided to take the route that was easier..............maybe had I been younger, and had cared about "boobs" at the time, I would have done something different, but at my age which then was 75, thought....do the least amount of surgery.......so far.....so good.......

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited July 2014

I think the mx would put you at risk for LE on both sides and might not cure nerve pain. I know your feeling tho. I kind of envy the BMX girls.

• proudtospin
    edited July 2014

ducky, I am 65 but do not care about it! although would go for smaller on both sides.  My sister recently did breast reduction from like a DDD, she had 5 pounds taken off each side! she looks great now

• gmafoley
    edited July 2014

Wren I already have LE....on both sides.

Proud - that is part of my issue - I can't wear a bra because of where the nerve pain is - it cuts right along where the bra hit under the breast.  Even with the acupuncture, if I wear one the pain comes back. They are really too large to just wear a compression tank, but that is what I am doing.  Just frustrated today, I guess.. 

• proudtospin
    edited July 2014

GMA, did you ever try those Genie bras?  Walmart sells them for like 3 for $20 and they are better than nothing but do not have any underwires.  I also found one that works for me at the Hanes store near me
    yeah, at one point I thought I had a broken rib!  it was the bra!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2014

I think everything is such a personal choice. You have to do what you're comfortable with.

My surgeons recommended lumpectomy for me due to high risk of infection. They didn't want to risk a more invasive surgery. I didn't even have the SNB. I think in my case, if it came back, I would have another lumpectomy - even with having radiation. I already have too many complications from past surgeries. May sound silly, but disease took a quarter of my butt cheek, I'm gonna hold on to my breasts for as long as possible.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited July 2014

GMA....get a second opinion.....or a 3rd or 4th....it is your BODY......why are you now changing your mind, may I ask?

I chose a BMX after much research after my DX  as I was 65 and wanted to live without the worry for 5-10 years (before ever seeing my breast surgeon....and having a list of questions for her)

She mentioned I would need lumpectomy and then radiation and chemo.....I ask what if I have a mastectomy will I need rads and chemo....she said no?  I ask for a BMX, skin sparing, as I planned to have reconstruction, but my PS wanted me to wait a month to start reconstruction, since I had had a post operative infection in my medical history 12  years prior....he was just being ultra careful (was nothing about breast breast area, but hip area) My onco/hemo doc said I did not need the hormone meds after the odds of recurrence were very low after a discussion with him.

She said we can do the BMX and go home the same day, she called it "DRIVE THRU"  bilateral mastectomy, I then mentioned I had sleep apnea (no c-pap) and my BP drops very low post op and she said, okay, over night in hospital, .....18 hours after surgery, (Dec 22) I was in the car on my way home.....wrapped in I swear,12 yards of ace bandage.   Not really very painful, 2 drain tubes were the most bothersome thing about it....just tired after surgery.....with Christmas Eve Buffet and Christmas day dinner (preplanned before my BMX)....and I was the "supervisor" of the cooks in kitchen.  

A week later I was doing 100 modified (counter top) push up every day....

I was very a  large DD++++, my cups "runneth over" Shocked.....so I was a "BIG".....but not a big deal surgery.

You may need to a different doctor/surgeon that serves at a different hospital.....I can't remember where you said you lived when I met you at our NW meetup last fall.

Hugs to you my friend.

Di

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited July 2014

FireKracker.....very very sorry about the loss of your friend.

BIG BIG HUGS to you.

Di

I have lost many of my friends to cancer, (I feel your pain)....

lost my very best friend to brain cancer, another close friend to stomach cancer, one to a pulmonary embolism

Feeling pissy....just found out my urine culture from last week came back.....YES a UTI infection.....only had one of those before and I remember how I felt, so I DX myself....but had to go to Doc to get RX

• gmafoley
    edited July 2014

Proud - yes I've tried them - they also make the nerve pain flare.

Di - I was never given a choice... Lumpectomy and rads.  I didn't know anything - I don't want reconstruction.  I just feel that the weight of my breast on the nerve pain makes it worse.  But what do I know ..