Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited July 2014

Di, I feel for you, I get the dang UTIs several times a year and know the pain!  I do drink lots of cran juice, take cran pills and also a probiotic to keep the dang thing stable! 

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited July 2014

remember the party tomorrow

Please just show up

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited July 2014

k. 

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited July 2014

FK,

It's officially July 31st and I'm ready to party.

I'm celebrating 10 wonderful, relaxing days at Flathead Lake, Montana the first weeks of July.  I was with my DH, DD#1, her husband and his mother, GD, DD#2, my niece and nephew.  We are all still alive and talking to each other  SmileMy GD who is 2 caught her first fish on our trip.

AND  year #2 of no evidence of cancer (got that word on July 29th)

AND I have finished 13 knitting projects, started and finished 2 more and started and finished 3 sewing projects.  I entered 11 items in our county fair and won 7 blue ribbons.  (I've had lots of time on my hands as I remain unemployed and lots of creative energy)

AND you fabulous ladies and Charles are still near and dear to my heart, even though I don't post  often.  I still read everyday.

J

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited July 2014

Come on let's get this party started. I come and celebrate with you all in the morning but it will be Friday for me. 

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited July 2014

• gmafoley
    edited July 2014

Let's get this party rockin'

• FireKracker
    edited July 2014

good morning

LETS PARTY

It looks like I'm a little late....8:30am here....

Julianna I don't think I can top ur month...God bless u for all u have done...

Me I do have good news to celebrate

My new natural dr.finally figured out my stomach problems

Ready,,,cod liver oil,coconut oil and avacados is way too much oil for this lill tummy

He gave me something natural to repair my intestinal wall and after one dose I'm betta

Next week I have to go back and start adding things slowly back...yay I don't have to look for a bathroom when ever I go somewhere...of course if I get upset I still run to the bathroom....

My GD got a promotion to be a manager in the vet clinic soooooo I got fired...no more babysitting...yay now I can go and play nice nice instead of being the bad guy...and my life is my own again...

Bring ur stories everyone...

I'll be on and off all day......

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited July 2014

FK, yahoo for a normal or close diet for you!  Means next time you come to NJ we can eat something good without worrying about a tummy issue?

me heading to visit my sister and nephew, been a long time so it will be great

next good thing, I am 6 years clear of the dreaded!!

and of course, I am officially retired now!

• FireKracker
    edited July 2014

PTS I'm so happy u stopped by before u left for ur visit

U do have a lot of partying to do..

Dear sista travel safe

Xoxoxo

• gmafoley
    edited July 2014

Great news FireKracker and Julianna, thanks for dropping in and letting us know what's going on with you.  Proud have a great time!

As for me:

I'm heading up to WA Saturday for an overnight stay with family.. The Grandkids are throwing me a 60th birthday party.. B-day isn't until the 9th, but my granddaughter goes back to her mom (ex-dil) on the 9th...so.... they are throwing me a party, a week early.  I have no clue what to expect when you get a 4,7 and 13 year old together, but I'm sure to find out.  Pray I don't have any sternal spasms while I'm there.  It will be nice to have one more visit with GD before she goes home for another year. AND to have all my Kids together in one spot. I need energy!!!! I don't have any... OH BOY what fun it will be...

• gmafoley
    edited July 2014

• FireKracker
    edited July 2014

GmaF have a wonderful time

Let's celebrate ur birthday today

I forgot today is one yr.that I moved to PA

How fast the time went by

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited July 2014

Ok, I am here, wearing my silly hat, noisemaker hangin out of my mouth (can't download a photo cause at work and they block everything...frankly I am surprised I can get on BCO as they block most of these types of things cause it is a State office!!!)

good news? ummmmmmm, ok? I must have some? Oh yeah, got a 3% raise! It will be in our next check and it will be retroactive to July 1st! Hey, it is somethin, right?

Also, tomorrow our office is closed for our anual clambake! We are going to Anthony's Ocean View (See link) http://www.anthonysoceanview.com/  for the day and we are having a feast and a good time. There will be gift cards for people who win silly little contests and lots of great food! Can't wait...no better way to spend a Friday at work if you ask me.

BBL chicas xo...gotta run cause my appointment just arrived ten mins early!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited July 2014

Woooo Hooooo! Good news day!!!

Such a great idea Kracker!! That’s awesome news about your
    tummy!! No more babysitting - It’s time for you to take some trips and have
    some fun!! – PARTY TIME!!!!

Juliaanna, how exciting you got to see your GD catch her
    first fish!! Congratulations on NED!! Love hearing that. Seven blue ribbons??? - Holy smokes!!

PTS, enjoy your trip.Six years!! – that’s incredible!! Yipeeeeee!!

GMA, Happy Early Birthday!! What a great way to spend it –
    with your GK’s!!

April, Congratulations on your raise!! Clambake sounds good –
    I love clams!! We should have some at the Bonfire.

My good news for July:

My daughter moved back to the area after three years!! We
    get to spend so much time together now – it’s wonderful!!

Got to meet a very special BCO Sister in July!! – we had
    lunch together, and had an awesome time!!

Went to the ER at the beginning of the week. Normally that
    wouldn’t be good news, but I got a wonderful shot that made me feel so much
    better!! The swelling in my body is going down, and yesterday I put on music
    and danced for the first time in a long time!! Yes, I looked goofy but no one
    could see me!! Never pass up the opportunity to dance when you can!!

I love good news!! I’ve
    got my party hat on!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited July 2014

A month or two ago we had to replace 23 ft of sewer pipe which was $$. Last weekend the kitchen/washer drain plugged and DH was unable to get it fixed. We called the same plumber who came out, spent 2.5-3 hours working. Finally had to saw a pipe to get to the clog and remove it. The next morning the project manager for the first project called to say they weren't going to charge us anything because they should have caught it the first time. Talk about good news!

Second good news: We weaned our bottle baby kittens to canned food and lapping formula from a bowl, then passed them on to another foster parent with more roaming room than we can provide.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited July 2014

Gma, if you want to have MX, I would tell the BS that.  It's your body and you should have it if you want to. When I first got dx, BS wanted to do only lumpectomy and then I would have radiation. I said but if I have MX then I don't need radiation. He could not understand that I would not want to keep part of my breast. I had Paget's of the nipple so the whole nipple area would have to go and I would have what left??  Literally my breast would be sliced in half and I would still need radiation,,,, no thanks.  I insisted on having an MX.  And the funny thing is: BS's wife is also a doctor, a pediatrician, and she told him, that if she were in my shoes,, she would have the MX too. And the man is just shaking his head,, not understanding us women. Oh well, too bad.  Your body, your choice. 

• FireKracker
    edited July 2014

See if u keep on lookin u will find

I do think if I might say so myself this is a great big pick me up

Congrats to all of us

• glennie19
    edited July 2014

Good news for July:

got a 2.5% raise!

Saw A Chorus Line at the local community theatre.

Celebrated my good friend's birthday.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited July 2014

Happy Party time.

GMA - Happy Birthday early.  Good luck with your decision to have an MX.  I hope your insurance will cover it. 

Had my MO visit last week - no bad news there.   So, I guess that's my July good news.  :)

• Alyson
    edited July 2014

Still partying I see. 

I am thankful every day that I am here, I am alive and that I have a wonderful family and great friends. 

Today I am so pleased that I do not have to go to work because there is a thick fog outside am I can stay inside. 

I am so grateful that every morning I get to chat to the greatest bunch of friends anyone could have. You are all wonderful. 

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited July 2014

Alyson, thanks for kicking off the party and hanging in!  Stay u all night if you have to....we are late starters here.

I am grateful for my friends here...thanks K for planning a feelin' good day for us.
    Congrats on your first year in PA.  It's hard to believe.
    Now that you are feeling better, maybe it's time for a r-o-a-d trip...
    GmaF, how great to have a big party in your honor!  Dance 'til it hurts!
    GardenG, glad you had a good Onc check.

Julianna, wow, you are a prolific knitter and prize winner!  Congrats.
    Now, do you have a photo from Flathead Lake to share?  I have been to Montana but not there and I want to go!
    April, enjoy the office party and break from work!  Hope you win something.
    I had my 3 year mammo Monday and.... it's normal.  ThumbsUp

I have been off the month of July...and still have 3.5 more weeks off!  And I'm grateful to have a job to go back to. 

OK  party time...

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited July 2014

Party Crasher here---  How perfect to focus on the good news.

3 month check with MO yesterday.  All is well.  Come back in 6 months which will be my 4 year cancerversity.  Happy Dance time.  

Jan

• glennie19
    edited July 2014

YAY Jan,, that is very good news.

• Alyson
    edited July 2014

Hehe I just ate two chocolate biscuits. 

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited July 2014

Way to go, Jan!!

Alyson- you are such a party animal--2 chocolate biscuits!!  Time to cut you off.

Hope to post pictures of Flathead Lake soon.

BBL-party on!

J

• duckyb1
    edited August 2014

Ok good news.....down the shore with my youngest daughter and her 2 kids....having a fun time....however......there is a 12 foot Boa Constrictor in our town......it must have been someones pet and  escaped or was set free...........it is traveling and is now 3 blocks from our house..........it already ate a sea gull..........got a cat, but the cat got away, and also another smaller snake which got away too..........LOL...........

My daughter back home asked if we were leaving.............I said as long as it can't open doors I'm ok with it.........

Blondie if your here......just finished a Dairy Queen.....hugs to all.........more fun tomorrow.

• FireKracker
    edited August 2014

I'm back 

Today I went to buy a toaster over cause my regular over stinks

Soo my GD took me to pick it out and tell me this is what I needed

Yeah right

Got it home she showed me how to use it and I made zucchini chips yesterday...tryin to eat healthy and GF...ok I was slicing a piece of watermelon and turned my back and all of a sudden I smelled smoke..hell yeah I looked inside and the food was on fire...I'm talkin big fire....put the fans on,closed my bedroom door and blew with all my might to get the damn thing out...with shakin hands I sat down on the floor and ate an entire bag of GF cookies....so much for healthy

But I'm grateful I'm alive...and I did enjoy those cookies

Got so stressed out that the LE arm is killin me

I think it's time for me to head to the bonefire...anyone gonna join me? 

To all that participated I wanna thank u

If anyone else wants to share we r still open for stories

Good stuff sistas

Alyson,thanks for starting the party....I am also grateful like u that I don't have to work anymore

Love my sistas

Xoxo FireKracker...

• glennie19
    edited August 2014

oh my goodness!!  How scary!!  Glad you are OK.  

Cookies were necessary after all that stress.

• duckyb1
    edited August 2014

LMAO.....just read your post to my daughter and grandkids....................OMG........you made my night..............LOL