Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited January 2015

Gma..Honestly.. Some people just don't think first !! Ugh.. I hope you haven't caught her cold too!!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited January 2015

oh no

I hate that too

U should use a mask whenever UR around anyone

Ppl r soo stupid

One lady here was sayin she has bronchitis and she was on antibiotics..then in the next breath she said give me a hugg.hells bells NO...they can't find a cure for stupid!!!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited January 2015

It looks like I am ok - postnasal drip is better - maybe just allergy.. I hope... I drove for the second time since surgery. I feel like I have been hit by a mac-truck this morning. How long is this going to take? Getting back to energy level is going soooooooooooo slow... I want to exercise!

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited January 2015

Gma, Sorry it's taking so long for you to recover. My PS said to allow 1 week recovery for every 1 hour of surgery. It took me a long time to recover... and I didn't run into some of the problems you have. It sounds like your body wants you to take it easy. Hard to do when you just want to move forward from this.

When people tell me "Patience is a virtue", I tell them to STFU!

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited January 2015

as always, the perfect answer

• FireKracker
    edited January 2015

that's my favorite word.

It does come in handy

GmaF..U sure had lots of problems,,,UR on the mend now soo take it slow...easy for me to say but hard to do

I wish u a speedy recovery

Remember rest and sleep is healing...the old phrase from the begining of our journe

• Lucy55
    edited January 2015

Poppy... HaHaHa 😃

• Lucy55
    edited January 2015

oh my goodness. ..It's so quiet in here..You'd here a pin drop.!! Come back everyone.. I'm lonely !!

• proudtospin
    edited January 2015

well on the east coast we are waiting on the storm to hit us, not fun so can I come down to you? 
    feet of snow are not appealing to me~~

• PoppyK
    edited January 2015

We have lovely weather here in SoCal. It's in the 70s, but windy.

• proudtospin
    edited January 2015

Poppy, I would be on the plane in the morning but based on what the mayor just said on the news, not gonna happen!  think of me while I am snow bound

• FireKracker
    edited January 2015

we r getting blasted too

I just came back from food shopping

No ont milk,bread nor eggs

PTS im makin the winter squash...thanks for tellin me about it..I bought that AND I bought apples to make applesauce...and makin banana bread too

The shelves were empty....got the last thing of yougurt

I'm good for a few days

What shall I make first

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,695
    edited January 2015

Stores here were nuts yesterday. You'd think that the world was going to end the way it was.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited January 2015

imageimage

• proudtospin
    edited January 2015

Well hi there all....I got plenty of stuff here to eat and drink.  Waiting for the flakes

FK...how about squash soup?  soup will really feel nice today but it sounds like you have a good blend of food.  Proud of you to start cooking real food!  you could roast the squash with apples!  that would be good

not sounding fun, no way would I hit the supermarket, gee almost forgot about the TP but good thing it was on sale the other week!

I do confess to enjoying the silly weather guys on days like today, they get so excited!  Al Roker on NBC almost peed in his pants this morning!

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2015

Ducky, that's about the size of it here!   lol  

People here panic if they even hear of a flurry or a snow shower is coming! I feel like shouting "people, this is New England, not the south! Grow up and put you big kid undies on!"

• proudtospin
    edited January 2015

bought another bottle of wine, filled the gas tank and making soup~

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2015

Not happy with the governor. He hasn't declared that he is closing the state to any kind of traffic, just urging people to stay home and off the roads. That blankety-blank (fill in your choice of words) has said that all state workers have to stay at work until the end of their shift, unless he orders otherwise and then they will start with the areas that have the most state workers (the state capital) and go from there. Just got off the phone with my hubby and the president of the college he works at says he can leave early this afternoon!

• proudtospin
    edited January 2015

oooo, sorry for the gov, doesn't matter how many times you have had one of these storms, it is still dangerous to be on the roads during them

road in my town in NJ is still clear and only a covering but not expecting it to stay that way, I actually skipped the gym this morning as was not sure what would happen and just did not feel like chancing it

stay safe all

• FireKracker
    edited January 2015

good morning

I think I'm gonna make my own peanut butter today

I'm running low and the store was closed yesterday...Looks like I'll never get out of the house any time soon

They had a breakfast in my bldg.this morning...it was nice

I would love to try the squash soup PTS

I no U have a recipe...can u share? U have been such a help with this awful GF diet.

This right now is the calm before the storm..we got some but expecting way more

Stay safe everyone

Bbl

• proudtospin
    edited January 2015

FK, I am pretty much a wing it on my soups!  If you just chop the squash into chunks, I would be starting with some sautéed onions, garlic and celery but not sure what you can eat yet.  Saute the veggies then add the squash along with chicken stock (or water if you want) and then simmer till done!  I have been added dried Italian seasonings to lots of stuff and that is good.  That is pretty much how I do most of my veggie soups!

OK so the gov is now saying stay off the roads ~~

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2015

My governor has no compassion for state employees. Bet his non-essential staff will get sent home early!

Been snowing here since 9 or 10 this morning. Not bad yet but as the afternoon goes on it's gonna get worse!

• PoppyK
    edited January 2015

Mommy, It reminds me of what happened in Atlanta.... all of the workers were released at once which caused horrible gridlock. Of course this was made worse since it's not supposed to snow like that in Atlanta.

All my friends in the North East, stay safe!

• duckyb1
    edited January 2015

Well today I went to the store.........a must.....was down to my last roll of toilet paper.......LOL......store was empty....all the crazy nuts ran out yesterday.........my store had retocked all the shelves, and there were no lines.........picked up my homade soup that the store has eveyday........grabbed some weight watchers dinners......peppers, cucumbers.....and a bag of appes...........and toiletpaper............I'm set.......LOL

• m0mmyof3
    edited January 2015

When I told the hubby what the governor had said about the state employees when he called to tell me he was just getting into the car to come home, he said the governor ought to go play in the ________________ (fill in the blank with your choice) during rush hour traffic   lol

• Lucy55
    edited January 2015

PTS.. Yep.. I wing my soup recipes too...The glass of wine makes me extra creative 😃

• FireKracker
    edited January 2015

tx PTS

I'll pass on the soup

I still can't eat most of the good tasty stuff U put in it

I tried a recipe for cookies GF...finally I made something sweet(with honey no sugar) and it was sooo good..I also made peanut butter again...

It's fugly here too.snow on and off but I think tomorrow we r gonna get blasted with a foot of snow..

Be safe everyone...

Anyone need the broom to fly anywhere...it's all charged up...u should not drive nor fly in a plane so the only thing left is the broom..it's up for grabs...

I'm goin to do my nightly exercises and off to bed.

Xo

• duckyb1
    edited January 2015

Barely any snow here...........what a bunch of hype.......everything closed down.....schools, business's, and such.........imagine all the lost wages or those who won't get paid for their time off.........this is ridiculous...........

Watch next storm they will say "nothing", and we will get the blizzardd we were suppose to get today.......LOLimage

• proudtospin
    edited January 2015

storm over here, all is getting cleaned up around the development, fortunately I will only have to dig my little car out

FK, since soup is creative, make it without the stuff that doesn't set on your tummy.  Betting just the squash with s & p would be fine, and soup today would be good

• proudtospin
    edited January 2015

you might add a bit of ginger?