Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ladies in their 30s?

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• MommyErin
    MommyErin Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2019
    Options

Mycellsmutated: Here’s the link to the Herceptin and/or Perjeta Thread

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/826737?page=74#idx_2199

• CursiveStars
    CursiveStars Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi Ladies! I'm 34, dx stage IV from the get go in 2011 with Mets to bone. In 2018 I was dx w/ liver Mets and in 2019 lung mets. I've been on a handful of treatments in my years and had radiation more times then I can count. I think my hands and feet are the only places I don't have bone mets. This last year has been particularly rough as I fractured my T-12 and coccyx last fall. This place on my spine had been treated with both standard radiation as well as cyber knife before fracturing and expelling bone fragments to the surrounding area. Even Chicago surgeons don't want to touch me and said only if my symptoms start affecting QOL. I have weakness in my rt arm, a tremor in my left and pain in the general area. I had to give up my job as a dialysis tech to take an office job after that due to safety and lifting restrictions. I also broke my hip in January (thanks for failing hard and fast ibrance!). I'm just getting ready to go back to work. This despite not being as severe an injury has been the longest I've taken to recover. Each one seems less and less likely I will bounce back to being able to work and care for myself. I just started Gemzar about 2 months ago. Lots of fatigue, dry mouth, dry skin. White cells plummit on it though so we switched my schedule to two on one off otherwise I never made the 3rd treatment. Otherwise not too bad.

• nikisworld
    nikisworld Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2020
    Options

hi all, I was diagnosed with stage 2 triple positive breast cancer at 25. Just found out last week that there is a met to the lung which was confirmed to be the same cancer from the breast. I’m currently 30 years of age. I’m struggling with the uncertainty of life ahead and unknowingly how everything’s going to turn out. Emotionally I’m a mess. Feels like my whole world has fallen apart

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    edited February 2020
    Options

nikisworld- so sorry you find yourself here. 25 is young to have to deal with this disease...30 is very young for stage 4...I’m sure there are lots of thoughts and feelings surrounding your dx. I just wanted to chime in and say welcome and offer a little hope...although I was older and am older now...I was dx stage 4 at 34 years old and I am now 41 1/2! I have no words of wisdom or what to do or not to do...this disease is simply about finding the right drug for your specific cancer...I will pray that you find the magic combo and things go as well as possible! Sending hugs.

• nikisworld
    edited February 2020
    Options

hey kjones13, thank you for the lovely words. This gives me so much hope. Just trying to take it a day at a time. Sometimes it doesn’t seem to be enough. I will take the hope and you’ve given me and do my best to be positive.

• MommyErin
    edited April 2020
    Options

Nikisworld- I'm so sorry you're here! I'm 3 years out from my diagnosis and was diagnosed stage 4 de novo right before my 31st birthday. I achieved NEAD after chemo and surgery and radiation and have remained in remission since with Herceptin and Perjeta infusions every 3-4 weeks (with minimal side effects). . My cancer was Her2+. Is yours Er/Pr+? Her2+? TNBC? There's a lot that can be done these days, so stay strong and fight as hard as you can! You can beat this!

• nikisworld
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hi MommyErin, thank you for your lovely words of encouragement! I am triple positive Er/pr/her2 ++. Am currently on my chemo and herceptin & perjeta combination. It’s just so scary in the first few months. My mind is going crazy with negative thoughts. Just don’t know how to tune myself out of it. Seems like all I can think of is cancer and how much it’s taken away from me. Looking fo hope and holding on tightly.

• MommyErin
    edited April 2020
    Options

Nikisworld- That's totally normal! It is all-consuming at first...all those "what ifs". Try to focus on anything positive you can. If you feel your lump shrinking, hold on to that thought. When you have your next scan, hope for positive news, and whatever positive response you see, hold onto that and remind yourself of that daily.

Herceptin and Perjeta can be really effective. If you haven't yet, come join us on the Herceptin and Perjeta thread. https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/... A friend of mine was only able to get 4 chemo infusions before the side effects were too much, but she continued with H&P and is in remission like me and has been for over 2 years now.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. Besides the inconvenience of H&P infusions and doctors appointments every 3 weeks and scans and echos every 4 months, my life is more or less back to normal. I don't think about cancer everyday. I work. I travel. I raise my young children. It has changed my life and some things are definitely different, but the overwhelming fear is largely gone. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have.

• nikisworld
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi ladies it’s me again. I just wanted to see if anyone has had this issue. Recently I went to see my gynae and she said I have endometrial thickening despite being on Lucrin/ Lupron for past couple of months. I’m being monitored for the endometrial thickening and she is saying I might have to do a d & c after I’m done with chemo for my lung met that was discovered through a routine pet scan. I still have 2 cycles left,

I’m just feeling like one after the other when does it end! It feels so unfair at 30 I have to face all these problems when all of my friends are either pregnant or giving birth. It upsets me that I might never have the chance. How do I just accept this ordeal that life has thrown at me. I feel happy for my friends that are expecting but it just hurts me to know that it might not be in my future ever. Holding onto a miracle and just taking it a day at a time.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Hamer1l
    Hamer1l Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi ladies

I was diagnosed de novo in March 2021. I have SBC in my liver , spine , pelvis and ribs. I am 37 and was diagnosed completely out of the blue. No lump or anything just back pain started in December and it all went from there.

I am on Ribociclib, letrozole , zoladex and monthly denosaumaub injections for the bones. I am ER+. I have also joined the Ribociclib thread which I have found really helpful.

So far I have made some good improvements. First two scans showed reductions in the disease and third scan results last week showed that everything is stable. I am feeling really well on the treatment so I am hoping to stay on it for as long as I can. Although in the last 2 months my CEA153 tumour marker has started to rise which is worrying me. Has anyone on here had this?

In March they were 1200, June they dropped to 692 then Aug 462. But from September they were then 477, Oct 498 and then Nov 553!!!!

I know they say that the scans are more accurate and last week it said it was stable but I can't help worrying they are now going in the wrong direction! Any thoughts or experiences?

Aside from that I have two girls aged 6 and 8 who keep me very busy. I enjoy exercise and also working hard on my diet at the moment to be as healthy as I can be.

Be great to chat with others who are also on this journey.

Thanks

• BarbTheBCBarbie
    BarbTheBCBarbie Member Posts: 29
    edited November 2021
    Options

34 year old mom of 6 😔 diagnosed de novo 10/21 with Mets to contralateral axillary lymph node only…

• vmivers
    vmivers Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi!

I’ve been reading these for months (and have found them so comforting!), but haven’t posted anything yet. I was diagnosed de novo in December of 2020 at 34. No genetic component and no family history of breast cancer. Currently stable (yay!), but obviously dealing with all the physical side effects of this horrific disease and especially the mental health impacts these days…

I am in Houston, and I don’t know a single person my age who is also metastatic. It is so lonely and isolating. Everyone else I know is having babies, making career moves, buying bigger houses, and just “living their best life.” I want to celebrate them, and at the same time I am so sad about everything that’s been stolen from me. I would love to connect with others here just to know I’m not alone. And if anyone is close to the Houston area (or travels to MDA), please let me know!!

I am also curious if anyone is thinking about or has pursued surrogacy after being diagnosed metastatic. I had gotten married 7 months before diagnosis, and we were hoping for a family. I have so many feelings about this. The short version is that I don’t know if I can bring a child into this world knowing I likely won’t get to raise it. But at the same time it’s my husband’s life too, and he really wants kids. I would love to chat with anyone going through/who has gone though this.

Looking forward to connecting here!! And hoping for a 2022 filled with good health for all of us who are facing this ❤️

• B-A-P
    B-A-P Member Posts: 409
    edited December 2021
    Options

hi Vmitx :)

Sorry you’re here and in this club. I was diagnosed de novo in 2018 at 30 though my symptoms started about two years before then. I am BRCA2 positive. I have done relatively well up until a few months ago. I’m doing okay but I do have ascites (fluid In The belly) and have had some complications as of late. Hoping that Ibrance (which I’m on the 3rd cycle of ) is taking care of things or atleast keeping me stable so I have a lot more time. I have a 6 year old son who will be 7 in May and he’s been becoming more aware that I’m sick and that it’s quite serious. It’s been tough. I’m not in your area , I’m in Canada but feel free to message me if you like. It’s hard being so young and facing this disease. You’re certainly not alone