Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Facial Moisturizing Suggestions?

Options

Comments

• HLB
    HLB Member Posts: 740
    Options

Flannelette what you are using sounds far better than any expensive luxury cream! They are fun to buy though and the pretty jars are hard to resist. Been doing some major clearing out lately and finally went through all the jars of body cream that I can't stop buying every time I go to Ross. Got rid of everything with parabens and the only thing left was the elcheapo jar of Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Cream from Dollar General. Go figure, its been around for years, cheap, and no parabens or animal testing. Maybe I will transfer it into one of the nicer jars heh heh.

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    Options

RonnieKay, I've been using Botanics Age Defense Foundation by Boots.  Just a little gives great coverage, so you look natural, but better.

For other extremely wholesome skin care products, check out http://www.healingfinds.com/

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,018
    Options

RonnieKay, I've been wanting to go to a make-up counter at a place like Penney's or Ulta and have someone apply some paraben free makeup to my face.  I'm looking for a light, sheer foundation and blush that is complementary to my skin tone.  I could buy some at a drugstore but I can't say I'd select the right shades.  I've never gone to a make-up counter for that kind of thing, but it's on my list to try and I want to do it this summer while I have the time off from work. I'll let you know what product I decide on.

I've found Ulta.com is a great site to find paraben free foundations, blush and other make-up, you can just plug in 'paraben-free' to their search engine.  I also like Walgreens website to check products.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    Options

Love this thread!

Have to put in a vote for Dr. Hauschka.  The best creams -- no animal testing, organic, biorhythmic (?) -- don't exactly know what that is.  I recommend the moisturizing day cream.  The rose cream is a little heavy.

It does have a light scent.  But it is totally from the essential oils, and smells yummy.

The other thing is caudalie.  Vegan, no testing, and derived from grapes -- it is a french brand.  I love their facial oils.  

Gratitude -- you do look like you are glowing!

• cp418
    cp418 Member Posts: 359
    Options

I've been using the Acure Organics for skin and shampoo products.  There were some free samples of Dr. Hauschka skin creams --- lovely going on the skin!!

http://www.vitacost.com/acure-organics-3/?csrc=PPCADW-acure_organics&refcd=GO000000517011464-dcs_acure_organics&tsacr=26174390531&mtp=s3I0NDCMr-dc|pcrid|26174390531|mt|e&gclid=CKCRrby1jrgCFUOi4AodZngAEw

• deb1973
    deb1973 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I can't say enough good things about Keys Organics - love their sunscreen & moisturizer. I haven't checked their status on the ewg.org cosmetics site recently, but they scored pretty well a few years ago when I first tried their products.

• sophiamarie
    sophiamarie Member Posts: 60
    Options

Emu oil! It only takes a little bit and is supposed to also help thin aging skin

• jojo68
    jojo68 Member Posts: 336
    Options

SpecialK...Why no tea tree oil for estrogen+?  I would be interested in a study as I use it for my rosacea...Thanks!

I also second the use of jojoba oil!

• GlobalGirlyGirl
    GlobalGirlyGirl Member Posts: 77
    Options

I have issues with eczema and acne. I had the perfect product that I used for years. It has parabens. Cry

Now it's extra virgin coconut oil (just a drop) mixed with Thoroughly Clean Oil Control Lotion from Desert Essence. Weird combo. It's OK.

• sdstarfish
    sdstarfish Member Posts: 38
    Options

I also like Dr. Bonners. I use coconut oil, but olive oil may be a great alternative, as is shea butter.

• bcbarbie10
    bcbarbie10 Member Posts: 148
    Options

Really? No tea tree oil for ER+? Does anybody else know why? I have been using Body Shop's tea tree line for two years now.

• Miss_Vesta
    Miss_Vesta Member Posts: 2
    Options

I don't know if anyone else has recommended Cerave so I will. Amazing stuff. There is a body lotion and a face lotion that contains sunscreen. The best part is that stuff never moves. I put it on my face and it never gets into my eyes. I can even put it on my eyelids. And my skin feels incredible. It lasts a full 24 hours.

I asked about lotion at my cosmetic dermatologist, I have a history of skin trouble, and this is what they all whole heartedly recommended. And I can see why, it's far supperior to any other moisturizer I have ever used. Incredible stuff. I think they are adding other products to the line.

You can buy Cerave at Walmart.

• HLB
    HLB Member Posts: 740
    Options
    Thank you miss vesta. I love cerave. I use the night one since there's no sunscreen. My mom uses the body lotion for her face since its bigger and cheaper and doesn't bother her.
  • cp418
    cp418 Member Posts: 359
    Options

I've recently discovered Naked Bee skin products and really like their facial sun screen.  No parabens.  http://www.amazon.com/The-Naked-Bee-Lotion-lotion/dp/B000S01TBG

• rgiuff
    rgiuff Member Posts: 339
    Options

What is wrong with royal jelly? And besides the skin cancer problem, any breast cancer effects from using retin-A? I currenty use the tretinoin every night and one of my night creans has royal jelly in it.

• abigail48
    abigail48 Member Posts: 337
    Options

when I was 52, & just past my last period I began cutting royal jelly tabs into bits & taking 1 bit every day. soon breast swelled & hurt & soon another period. talk about hormones. so I stoped taking the bits.

• lifelover
    lifelover Member Posts: 263
    Options

Dr Hauschka or Ren products work well for me. I especially like the Ren moisturisers. I also get Dr Organics coconut moisturising lotion and creme - both work well and are reasonably priced. Dr Organics may only be available in the UK though (we get it from Holland & Barrett which I think is similar to the USA's GNC store).

• glorianna
    glorianna Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi,

I  have very dry skin, and look terrible - having done hysterctomy with no hormone therapi etc. I have just found that switching to a

non drying cleanser, is vital. Cetaphil makes me very dry. I started using oil, to cleanse. Many brands have cleansers with oils.

It make a difference, but I still look like a dry raisin. Products with hyalononic acid, ex Dermalogica are good, pure hyalonic acid, and

Kiehls facial moisturizer. Being old, like me, I find the health food creams, not nourishing the skin, enough - if you have problem skin

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,017
    Options

Love Keihls, but now use organic coconut oil, and when my skin is VERY dry, AURA CACIA organic cocoa butter, it's very very hard, so you melt it for a few minutes in a microwave ( or put jar in water in top of double boiler if you don't use a microwave) careful either way, jar gets HOT.

It is so moisturizing - soaks into your skin - think the Aura Cacia is the best brand I've found.  And, yes, it smells like chocolate!

• Fallleaves
    Fallleaves Member Posts: 134
    Options

Sunflowers, that Aura cacia cocoa butter sounds great, but I'd probably want to eat my hands!

• [Deleted User]
    Options

LOL - well, put the coconut oil ON top and you could pretend you're a coconut chocolate sundae ;-)

It really is remarkable, Aura Cacia is the only one I use, so I can't vouch for the purity of others.  Also, TMI, but during my 5 years on Arimidex, I often used a "piece" of the solid cocoa butter as a "suppository" - and it was SO MUCH better than Replens, Beads,or any of the other moisturizing stuff.  Started out using a suppository of coconut oil, (small piece, rolled in saran wrap, in fridge to keep cold: as suggested on a Mojo thread on this site) BUT, I decided to try the cocoa butter, and it was MUCH more effective, also much less messy.

Happy Chocolate!

• gemini4
    gemini4 Member Posts: 320
    Options

happy chocolate, LOL!

Not a moisturizer rec here, just a label observation. Recently I bought some moist makeup remover towelettes for my daughter to use while she was performing in a play (to take off the stage makeup). Next to the Neutrogena brand was a CVS generic of the same product. I decided to check the ingredients on both to compare. They were pretty similar, but the CVS brand contained parabens and the Neutrogena did not. So I spent the extra dollar on the paraben-free Neutrogena product. I'll always check the labels on cosmetics going forward. 

• GlobalGirlyGirl
    Options

I use extra virgin coconut oil and cocoa butter (moisturizer and scar treatment, respectively). Love them, and I smell like cookies. =)

• [Deleted User]
    Options

GGG - cocoa butter for scar treatment????  I never thought of that - off to STRIP and try on my concave with angel wings torso ;-)

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    Options

Love the cocoa butter for a facial moisturizer.  So much better than the very expensive moisturizer I had been using.  It's great on my hands as well in this cold weather.

Bren

• GlobalGirlyGirl
    Options

Haha SunflowersMA!

• Rubiayat
    Rubiayat Member Posts: 17
    Options

I have been using Vanilla Acai by Ann Web for a couple of years now and it is the best facial moisturizer I have ever come across. When I put it on it feels like my skin is taking a big drink of water. It is paraben and phthalate free.

http://www.amazon.com/Skin-By-Ann-Webb-Preserver/dp/B003FBKAA6

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Bump

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Bump some great suggestions here :) sassy