new and future flat sister, with questions
Facing my own double MX (no date yet; BS Monday). I have some questions, but I get different answers. I knew I could come to you for help. I'm not having reconstruction, so I'm hesitant to post these Qs where others might answer based on their SX with reconstruction or TEs.
- How long before I can go back to work? I teach.
- How long until I can wash my hair?
- How about driving?
- When would I be comfortable going to the hairdresser to have it washed?
- Where should I sleep? Bed with pillows? Bed with wedge? Recliner? Rent hospital bed? Don't have a recliner; hospital bed seems like so much hassle.
- How should I manage my drains? There seem to be one million different ways to do this. Unnecessarily worried about this.
- When can I take a shower? As you can see, I'm worried about this too. Hate feeling dirty and sweaty.
- When after surgery can I manage alone in the house? Can I be left to my own devices right away? Really don't want my mother around that much
- What will I not be able to do? Will I be able to open the oven door? The sliding glass door? Twist tops? Work a can opener?
- Am vegetarian. Any thoughts on healing, protein, etc? Still possible to be vegetarian? Or will it delay recovery? Am being told terrible things. Really don't want to eat meat.
Many thanks for all your help. I'm so glad I have people I can turn to. Not talking about any of this too much at home -- I have two six-year-olds.