Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

new and future flat sister, with questions

Options

Comments

• crystalphm
    crystalphm Member Posts: 277
    edited May 2013
    Options

Hi Mamy, I am flat. I don't deal with bras or filling them unless it is to fit with a special occassion, and as I buy new clothing, I always buy what looks good with my new flat figure.

many many women here chosing to be flat and loving it!

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited May 2013
    Options

I love our little thread.

Ariom, I want your tomatoes and herbs.  It is not really tomato season yet here.  I won't eat them much out of season.  Wish I had a little garden!  I'm going to work on it once we move in August.  We are moving closer to my daughter's special school.

I also need details on the Alex and Ani bracelet.  I think we are all about to get matching bracelets!  I think it is just right that you should treat yourself every week.

Welcome new people to the thread!  We are very happy to have you. 

XXX

• bobogirl
    edited May 2013
    Options

Ooh!  Idesim, I can't just now -- I'm about to teach -- but remind me.  I had a fight in the UPS store, you will love to hear about it :)

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited May 2013
    Options

Good Morning all! The blue skies and still water makes it look like it's warm here, but I have the heating on, and I'll bet the cold will take my breath away when I take Dex fro a walk this morning.

It is so lovely to see others joining us here on our thread started by the lovely Bobogirl!

We have hijacked it for our own chatting, but that's just fine, isn't it Bobo?

Welcome Maggi, hope you'll join us for our Cami and Foob updates! LOL

Bobo, I bought the Tomato seedlings from a Hippie at our local Farmers Market. He has cultivated lots of old fashioned plants and vegetables. They are a different shape and color to what you see in stores. I buy my herbs as seedlings, and then when they go to seed, I just shake them down into the soil and they regenerate. I am a City girl, and this is the first time I have ever dona this, so trial and error. Just like the Foobs and Camis, all new stuff to me.

Wren, I have never been to Seattle, but have wondered if the stories of the rain are true.

Hi crystalphm! It's a great thing that women are feeling confident with going completely flat. I'd love to do it if I had a BMX. I even feel more comfortable with a tight shape wear tank and no foob these days, and that is because of the others who are going flat and talking about it.

I am off to take the dog for a walk before the weather changes......will check in later..take care everyone! 

• bobogirl
    edited May 2013
    Options

I, Bobo, the starter of this thread, give my complete permission for chatting :)

Idesim -- I looked up the Alex and Ani bracelets and I love them!  OMG.  I never love anything like that.  I ordered some up, I am not kidding.  Ariom, you are going to love.  Them.   Please look them up and report in!

Idesim -- tell me which one you get each week!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited May 2013
    Options

haha.. after seeing the chatter, I had to look at the first post in this topic.. and yup.. Bobogirl.. my gosh that seems to long ago that I read that!!!

Bobogirl.. you bought some? lol!  What did you get???  We had a new girl in my office and she was wearing some and I admired them and told her so and then didn't think anything of it.  When I got my prescription cami's before surgery, they were in the shop and I again admired them and that was that.. then they stuck on my mind.. and when I went to my RO consult went back in the shop and bought two.  I got "Hope" and "Young and Strong".  Now I see them everywhere on everybody. The radiation nurses both have armloads of them. They make a nice tinkling sound lol.  I haven't decided what I am getting next.

Moira, you can see them at www.alexandani.com, oh boy Colin will kill me if you decide to take a shine to them!  All we need is to have you starting another collection.  

Bobogirl!!! Give me the goods!!! What happened with UPS??

I love a rainy day, but only one.. I start to feel gloomy after several rainy days.. heck I'd sleep all the time if I lived in Seattle haha.

Hi Maggi.. you came to the right place... Ariom is the authority on undergarments of all types!!  Seriously!! She should do this for a living, she's pretty amazing!

As entertaining as it may have been, I am glad there was no arguments over the shoes and the sqeaking issue has been resolved... now you can have many long walks with Dex :)

Ok.. I have to look up just what fanny means to Australians... oh dear.. hahaha... and yes, Fanny packs were very popular in the 80's.. that is just too funny.

Granwe, I am glad to hear you are stopping traffic.. but of course I read the posts backwards, so I already had Ariom's version of fanny in my head... and that would indeed stop traffic.  Sorry about your rainy weekends.. that is depressing.

Wren I like the idea of a built in foob.. sewing is just not my thing tho.

ok.. I'll check back soon because I have to find out what sort of trouble Bobogirl caused.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited May 2013
    Options

At chemo I was given a very small not over stuffed pillow. I had bmx, and the left side was ca side, so seatbelt bothers it more. And some days the port on the right hurts. It's been really handy to have. Would be very easy to make.

• Ariom
    edited May 2013
    Options

You won't believe it, the new shoes are doing the same thing!!!!!!! There just might be an altercation now. It must be a manufacturing fault because it is in the heel of the left shoe again.

I am kicking myself because I just organised for my second delivery from MyUs, and the parcel is already in the air as we speak.

I love the bracelets, and I want the nautical one for starters. I am going to have a good loook through the site and will buy for my Daughter too. I am sure she would love them. I have never seen them before. I just wish they did a rose gold colour, because that is what I wear most of the time.

I doubt it will be too long before I am getting another parcel sent from Sarasota FL, so I will order some for the next shipment!

I have been for a long, brisk walk with Dex. It was freezing out there, and the wind almost lifted poor Dex off the ground. I played with him outside with a ball, and for the first time ever, he finally got it, that if he gives the ball back, you'll throw it again...Duh...He's gorgeous, but not the sharpest tool in the shed! LOL 

I had a good laugh on my walk, thinking about stopping traffic with your fanny in the air! that's a classic. I will be dining out on that one!

Take care all.....look forward to chatting soon.

• gramwe
    gramwe Member Posts: 238
    edited May 2013
    Options

Went to sleep in my own bed, but I think I awoke in London, so foggy I can't see across the street. Another rainy day. YUCK. I did make it stop raining yesterday! Decided that all my house plants needed some refreshing rain water, so I made a dozen trips outside to put them on the upper deck, came back inside, towel dried my hair, changed my rain soaked shirt, 20 seconds later the rain stopped. I was a lot wetter than those plants. Oh my, I can stop traffic and rain, BC must have given me special powers. Lol

One power it didn't bestow was the ability to sew, so a small pillow will be bought for car rides.

Still have to look at the bracelets, you have me intrigued. I think we all deserve to treat ourselves, we're all special you know.

Ok give us the UPS altercation, Bobogirl. Thanks for permission to hijack this thread to our own liking.

Ut oh I said hijack, forgot Moira, was in the airline business. Not a plane my dear just this thread, don't turn me in to some airline authority, it wasn't a threat, just a thread. Maybe Colin would like a collection of clinking bracelets, he would always know where you were. A squeaky shoe, and clinking bracelets, you could make your own music.

Time to make my old goat, aka husband, some breakfast. His one day a week to enjoy bacon.

Hugs to all

• Ariom
    edited May 2013
    Options

Hi Gramwe, I was just about to go to bed whe I saw you had just posted, and you are going to make bacon for breakfast.

We are all special!

I am waiting to hear about the UPS altercation too. Where are you Bobo?

I don't sew either, but just the insert for a cushion, or the one I bought was called a toddlers pillow. It was perfect for protecting me from the seat belt.

I just checked and my parcel has arrived in Melbourne already. That was so fast, but I guess DHL have their own planes. Unfortunately it slows down when it arrives on our shores. I am 350km from Melbourne, but it will likely take longer to get here than it took from Florida.  I am going to order some of those bracelets too. I can get them into the next parcel. I think Colin has already bought something, so there will be another parcel to send.

It's funny you mentioned about the jangly bracelets.I wear two rose gold bangles that I had made from some of my Mother's jewellery. They jangle all the time, so Colin always knows where I am. I had a ring made too that has my Mother's wedding ring melted into it, and the diamonds from her eternity rings gypsy set all over it. She had an eye for jewelery, and being an only child, it all came to me. 

Well the dog is snoring beside me, so it's time to head off to bed. Colin has a bit of a cough so I got him to bed early tonight.

Will check in tomorrow....take care everyone!

• bobogirl
    edited May 2013
    Options

Hilarious talk.  It's quite difficult to wave your Australian fanny in the air.  I am just trying to do that now.  I think I will hurt my back.

Idesim!  Let's get Ariom hooked on Alex and Ani.  I must say, I don't go in much for bracelets, normally.  Let's get her hooked until Colin is irritated!  Let's send each other bracelets!  I can already see this is going to be such fun.  Normally I don't go in much for this sorority-type behavior.  I don't know what's wrong with me.

Ahhh. I see the fates have answered my plea for a shoe fight!  Clean living.  And now, without further ado (I have four minutes, actually), I give you... the UPS fight.

DLLP and I walked in to get some forms notarized.  I forgot what they were for.  Something house-related or school-related.  Anyway, they were making me fill out some extra form, and bungling the gay aspect of things -- these two twenty-something girls.  I waited for them to get their footing, but they didn't.  Something they said set me off.  I said to DLLP, This is ridiculous.  I won't be treated like this by these girls.  And then to the girls, I'm not very happy.  If you think I'm going to subject my family to this kind of treatment you are wrong.  And if you think you are going to treat my wife this way you are not.  I'm from New York, and I wrote for the Post, and I have the ability to make you very sorry.

One girl got a red face.  The other started crying.  DLLP started working as a conciliator.  The girls took the forms away from me.  You don't have to fill anything out!  They said.  We trust you!  Good, I said, though they were violating all sorts of rules of notarization.  Let's get this over with.

Believe it or not, I still go to that UPS store.  I don't even remember which girls they are.  But they remember me!  I get the red carpet treatment.  The other day I was mailing a package, and I plucked a card off the rack, signed it, sealed it, and put my aunt's address on it.  I was having it weighed.  Sorry, I said.  I don't want to steal this card.  I'll get another one so you can have the bar code and ring it up.  That's okay!  they said.  Don't worry!  We understand!  How are you today?!  And so on.  Oh, I thought to myself.  That must be one of the girls. 

:)

• ldesim
    edited May 2013
    Options

LOL!!  the squeaky shoes live!!  We're gonna get the shoe altercation yet! It's meant to be!

Granwe, you have me cracking up... you do indeed possess BC superpowers.  That sounds so like something that would happen to me, .. I used to have tons of houseplants.. I love them.. but I took in a stray cat that loves them more.. he goes hyper for plants and they ended up dying because they had to be stuck high up.  Yummmmm Bacon.. haven't had that in ages... made blueberry pancakes this morning and I've been wanting to sleep ever since... I dunno what it is about pancakes but I get so sleepy after lol.  I sure hope you get some sunshine tomorrow.  

Moira, I love rose gold too, but I don't own any...  what a great idea with your mom's jewelry and a nice way to have her with you always. So it sounds like you shop and have it sent to an address in the US and then combined in another package that ships to Aus? Shopping in Aus can't be that bad can it?  Seems like the expense of shipping would cancel out any deals you got.  Poor Dex.. I'm glad he is catching on.. I hope it sticks, but it sounds like he may forget come today haha.

Bobogirl, I don't think we have to do anything to get Moira hooked on anything, she does just fine on her own!  Colin is going to have our heads.. but maybe now she'll back off foobs for a short time!!  Thank you for sharing the UPS story, I was getting pissed reading it!  I'm surprised 2 young girls acted that way... the little shits... and good for you for setting them straight, I like the way you handled it.. I would have probably left and went somewhere else so as to avoid blowing up.  Please don't throw your back out waving either of your fannys in the air...  I'd hate to see you laid up!

I dunno what it is about these stupid bracelets.. I have never been into fads.. and I am def not the sorority type haha... I hated Pandora and the italian charm things,, and not really into jewelry overall.  The little that I do is very simple pieces that DH has given me over the years.   These just somehow appeal to me.. and they are cheap enough.  I like that they are made out of recycled material and the two I bought are part of the charity collection, which they claim a small percentage goes to.  My real question is, will they hold up over time.. we'll see.

Looks like it's getting cloudy out.. I think Granwe had sent her rainy blahs my way :)

I'll check in on you girls later!

• bobogirl
    edited May 2013
    Options

Idesim: I know. I like all that about them too.  I wear no jewelry and think Pandora is stupid.  I think it just hit us at the right time.  That being said, let's take it to the wall!

Nope, my feeling isn't to go somewhere else anymore (regarding the UPS store).  My feeling now is to stay there and smash the place up.   I think I told you.  I am feeling my punk roots now.

Ariom -- hurry up with the bracelets!  You haven't looked into it enough, but they have four finishes: Russian gold, Russian silver (both of which look repurposed), yellow gold, and shiny silver.  There should be something there to match what you have.  Not everything is available in all finishes.  And they are out of quite a few bracelets!  You have to wait for them to make a new batch!  Idesim, please report in.  Do they have the lotus blossom in gold at the Boston store?  And the snake?  I want the snake very badly.  And the spike one, of course.  The courage spike one.  In silver.

Who needs one of those small pillows?  I was gifted one, anonymously, in 2008 -- one just like spookies mom has.   I still use it today, with this new surgery, with my seatbelt.  It's good for in bed too.  I was just thinking I could sew some up.  Who needs a pillow?  My daughter's school is full of beautiful Earth-angel-type mommies and they source the best fabrics.  I have excellent fabrics for these pillows.

Granwe, laughing at your hijacking joke.  I am sure you haven't rattled Ariom with that talk.  She is unflappable.  I'd hate to see the wrong side of her in the VIP lounge!  I am sure she has broken up her share of VIP fights. :)  Obviously we are all waiting to see what happens with the shoes.  

Idesim:  my new bracelets, as follows.  PLEASE NOTE: I never buy anything -- I wouldn't even buy myself enough camis, I only have two.  Plus I have two private school tuitions to pull down.  And I won't buy myself a new bag -- I can't find a good vegetarian one I like, and I carried a diaper bag for years, now I just carry a backpack.  But it is soon my birthday, and I went a little overboard.  DO NOT tell Colin:

The 'v' initial

the 'p' initial

the elephant (you know, ganesh)

the feather (the dangling one)

the three-bangle set

I really want:

the st. jude one (obviously == p.s.  I am not Catholic)

the lotus blossom

the spikes

the snake

Hijacking this thread into a bracelet thread.  Welcome Maggi!  Crystalphm, rock that flatness!  I was just looking at an EF racerback dress that would be excellent flat. 

XXXX

• bobogirl
    edited May 2013
    Options

p.s.  Now I love Dex more.  I have a kitty who is not the sharpest tool in the shed.  His name is Edward.

• bobogirl
    edited May 2013
    Options

Wait!  Gramwe, do you need a pillow?  Don't buy one yet.  PM me.  I will whip one up for you!  I would love to do it!

• ldesim
    edited May 2013
    Options

Bobogirl is to bracelets, like Ariom is to camisoles.. haha.. I will look and see what they have... I got mine at the gift shop in the hospital.. they didn't have a huge assortment.. but I will take a peek.  I am the same.. I never buy anything for myself... I use things until they are worn out! I am not into clothes or shoes.. but I AM going to have 6 bracelets, one for every week of radiation lol!  So the others silver and lotus in gold?  I have a feeling they only have charity type ones in the hospital store.  My radiation intern has like 12 of them on her arm.. oh boy.. if she has the snake, I might have to get rough with her to get it!!!

Unflappable!!! That perfectly describes her!  She is totally unflappable... right on the nose!

• Ariom
    edited May 2013
    Options

I love getting up to this thread. I can't wait to see what everyone has been up to while I've been sleeping.

Bobo, you are the funniest girl, I want to adopt you! Waving your "Aussie fanny" in the air indeed!!!!LOL

You'll never believe it, but, no, no, shoe fight. I just called to tell them that this one is doing the same thing, and they apologised, and offered me a refund. I love this place!

I have never lived in the country before. I am used to the city where they cut you down, and bitch slap you if you complain. I love a good retail fight, but there isn't one coming here any time soon! I am actually feeling bad that I have to return my shoes.

I asked if they could contact Merrel Shoes and ask if there was a manufacturing fault that they are aware of, surely it can't be me. Oh! Gosh, could it be something to do with the weight ratio change, I have lost 975gm from my right side, could that be throwing me into a different gait? HA HA Not likely, I have put that weight back on. I keep saying that I have put that boob back on, I just can't seem to find it!

WoooHooo to you Bobo, that cut those girls down to size, wish I'd been a fly on the wall for that one. How stupid, you'd think in this day and age they'd "get it".But, I love how they remember you, even if you've forgotten them. That was a lasting "slap" you gave them!

Take care Miss Bobo....I will return later!

• ldesim
    edited May 2013
    Options

ooooo.. this place carries them and has 15% off $30.00 and free shipping!

http://www.zeeberry.com/alex-and-ani-jewelry/bracelets.cfm?sort=so&page=99

• Ariom
    edited May 2013
    Options

ldesim, I have an account with a company called MyUs. They are in Sarasota Fl, and yes, I can buy in the US, and they will repack and send to Aus. You wouldn't believe the disparity in prices here. For instance my fave Valletta Camisole from Amoena, in Aust it is $80.00, I can buy it in the US for $45.00.  The same goes for prosthesis. I bought my silicone swim forms, brand new in box from the US. The seller was selling two, i bought them for $70.00 the pair, here they are $120.00 each. It just goes on and on. I would love to spend locally and keep my money in the region, but with those differences it makes no sense.

Many Ebay sellers in the US won't send internationally, so I can now buy on US Ebay, have it sent to Fl and then to here, and I am still ahead of the game for prices in Australia.

Dex has retained the ball game over night, so we may find he's "got it", we call him OCD dog, because he has rituals, and different rules for different people. He plays a very different game with Colin because he knows Colin's hands don't work, and he is always sitting down, so he has adjusted to that. Bec, my daughter gets a different set of rules than I do. He's a complex little guy. 

I had another look at the bracelets, I do have a lot of silver jewelery that I wear in Summer, so I might go that way I think. I want a snake, I was born in the year of the Snake. I'll fight you for it Bobo! I love everything Feng Shui, and Chinese Horoscopes. I also loved the Nautical one, I can see this becoming another collection.

I just love the idea of you buying one for every week of radiation, you so deserve it!

I did a similar thing when I gave up smoking five years ago. I went into a handbag shop and asked the assistant for a bag that was $120.00, she was a bit inquisitive as to the amount, was it for a gift that I'd collected for? Nope, that's how much I spent on cigarettes in a WEEK! After 3 months, I went into a jeweller and I bought a diamond ring to commemorate my first 3 months. I stopped buying myself gifts after that, but you get the picture. Out of interest a pack of cigarettes here in Australia is almost $20.00 today. Our Government keeps raising the prices to get people to quit! I have never waivered since I gave up.

Just remembered to tell you about the "Hijack" jokes when I was with the Airline. You'd always have som smart ass that thought he was funny. I loved keeping a straight face telling them that "I'm sorry sir, but you won't be flying today!" We take threats very seriously here!" There was always major sucking up after that! LOL

I could write a book about some of the stuff I have seen in the VIP lounge! My job was just to look after the Premium passengers, so that was all First Class, and the "Road Warriors", people who travel constantly for their high end jobs.

Colin wants me to go into town to lodge the papers for the berth for the bost, so I'll be off, and I'll check in later......Take care all!

• Ariom
    edited May 2013
    Options

Back home, it's freezing , did a bit of retail therapy while I ws in town, how unusual, not! 

I have been looking for some soft cozy throws for snuggling up on the couch. The two I have are decidedly "Dexterish" looking, because he has taken up residence on the top of the couch, so he can watch out the window for me coming home, or better still he faces theother way and watches for people walking their dogs. He's a territorial little man, and flies through his doggie door which is part of the glass wall, barking furiously at whoever is passing. I am forever going out and apologising for him. Anyway, found a store that I hadn't seen before, OMG, I love it, and it has a beautiful cafe at the rear. I am going to have lunch there soon, today they had Winter Warmer vegetable soup with Pumpkin bread, pity I'd just had a KFC grilled salsa wrap with chilli mayo! LOL

Still no drama from the shoe shop. They called me back to say that Merrel have had the problem before, and it is friction from the insole against the back of the shoe. They say talcum between the layers will fix it, but if not, come back and they will refund for me. WooHoo!

Looking forward to seeing your posts tomorrow girls. I just checked and my parcel will be delivered tomorrow, that's just amazing, it is faster than our postal service from another state in Australia!

Take care everyone.....

• Ariom
    edited May 2013
    Options

Good Morning ldesim,

It's almost bedtime for me, but I just realised it is Monday for you, and you might just be getting ready to go for your next rads appointment. I just wanted to wish you all the best. Thinking of you!

• gramwe
    gramwe Member Posts: 238
    edited May 2013
    Options

Good day. Getting a late, for me, start to this fog shrouded Monday. A long night of popping in and out of bed for potty trips. Somehow an infection has invaded my kidneys, and my oh my it's made me a wee bit bitchy. In an attempt to get rid of some stress, I'm heading out for a long walk, luckily I know where all restrooms are located between here and the city park, even if I have to knock on a few doors and "visit" neighbors, friends, or if it gets to urgent, strangers. Lol.

Be back soon, enjoy your day or sleep well which ever the case.

Hugs..

• bobogirl
    edited May 2013
    Options

Gramwe: cranberry caps?  Smoothie with cranberry extract?

I am loving the dex stories.  Here's what I have to say to all his quirks: so?  :)  My daughter is a strange little lizard  -- she has an incredibly long neck, and it has rings on it like the trunk of a tree, with a little extra skin overlapping -- and when ever someone is rude enough to mention it, whenever they say, My.  Your daughter has a very long neck, I always fix them with a stare and say, So?  Cannot wait to hear the report of the new store.

Idesim, I have jeans from when I was in high school, and I've been out of grad school 22 years!  And yet I have already ordered up your entire allotment of bracelets.  In fact, I am going in for a nasty endometrial biopsy in June, and I have already decided to get myself one for that.  I did already find amazon!  But I'm also going to look on your new website.  I have to say, the Alex and Ani website is out of a lot of my favorites.  That is why I have sent you on a reconnaissance mission to the Boston store.  I am sad I cannot go to the store and get a little bag to carry out!

So fun to have something crazy to do.  Really, when you think about it, we do not ask for much.  XXX

• bobogirl
    edited May 2013
    Options

Yes, please, Ariom, on the adoption.  My children are adopted too :)

Hmmm... I think I did spy the leavings of a VIP fight from the past, in which a blowhard VIP made a hijacking joke!  Ahhh.  Clean living.  

ps:  That thing about putting talcum in the shoe is impertinent.  I think that person is spoiling for a fight...

• bobogirl
    edited May 2013
    Options

Idesim: we all want the snake!  We are going to be a snake gang!  V. excited. 

• Ariom
    edited May 2013
    Options

Good morning from dark and stormy "Downunder",

I am up very early today as Colin isn't feeling too good. So I got him up early so he could be upright. He's so rarely ill, it worries me a bit.

Oh Gramwe, I do feel for you. The UTI's or Kidney infections are awful. I am all too familiar with that awful sensation. I had a surgery for it about 40 yars ago, and have only had a couple since. Colin, being a quad has them with monotonous regularity, it goes with the affliction. Antibiotics are really the only thing that will knock it out fast, and Hiprex helps, if you can get it.

Dear Bobo, you have adopted children too! That just makes me love you more! How rude of people, don't they know that a very long neck is a sign of great beauty in many cultures?

I lost my adopted boy two and a half years ago in the US. He came to us as a teen after being in a refugee camp in Hong Kong, and he was the other light in my life. He and I were so close, I never thought of him as not really mine. He was a wonderful and protective big brother to Bec. I miss him every day.

I have tracked my parcel, and it will be here today. Imagine that , all the way from Sarasota, and here in less than 4 days. Colin already has a purchase going to the Sarasota address, so I will get some bracelets for the next delivery, but only if I can get the snake too!

Sorry to disappoint Bobo, but the shoe shop lady was only passing on what the manufacturers had suggested. She is still offereng a refund if the talcum doesn't work. Don't think there will ever be a cause for a fight there, but if you really want one reported I could start one somewhere else for you! LOL

Oh my, it is just beginning to get light here. It is very gray, but the rain has stopped. The birds are waking up, and I can see the Pelicans huddled on the point. Dex is as far back in his cocoon basket as he can get, I can just see his one eye from under his Rod Stewart hair. He's not getting up yet, too cold, the heating hasn't kicked in yet. Don't you hate spoilt dogs?LOL

Well ladies, my day is just beginning as yours is winding down. I hope you've all had a good one.....Take care all!  

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited May 2013
    Options

Spoiled dogs? You should see my 2! Spoiled rotten, but they don't stink. Love 'em to pieces Spookie is my girl, KrisKringle is daddy's boy.

I was adopted too. My parents gave me a wonderful life. The predjuice and snide remarks from others, especially those who were "family" is a whole other story. I admire those who can open their hearts to another's child. Sorry about your son.

And back in my adoption time, medical info was not given or shared. Has made it hard, when a doc says what did your parents die of? And I say I don't know, I was adopted. We all go Grrrrr

Anyway, I didn't mean to be a downer.

Sarasota is about 1 1/2 hours south of me. So pretty there, and getting HOT now. Ugh

Have a good night all

• Ariom
    edited May 2013
    Options

Aha, now I know where the name came from!

Dex has taken up residence on the new soft comfy throw rug I bought. I folded the old ones on the floor for him, but, no, the new one is where he wants to be.

Thank you for the kind words, fortunately, my Family accepted my boy, but many neighbors did not. He was a very unusual, and beautiful looking Vietnamese boy, so some of the Aussies around us didn't take to that at all well. Their snubs didn't really bother me in the slightest, but I felt for my parents who didn't deserve that flack. Over the years they softened, because that boy would bend over backwards to help anyone. He was very special, and also never took their initial bad behaviour towards him to heart. He certainly taught them all lesson in humanity. I was so proud of him.

I know what you mean about the medical records not being shared in the past. One of my oldest girlfriend was adopted too, she only discovered her birth Mother about 20 years ago, and was on her way to the US to meet her. The Mother died a day before she got there. She had cancer. I couldn't believe it. She had longed to meet her Mother, but had vowed not to search till her adoptive Mother passed away. Unfortunately it was just too late. At least she was then able to get the medical questions answered. She was one of my friends who had never had a mammo, I put the fear into her, and she went for her first at 59, it was clear, but she has just had horrific surgery for cancer of the Vulva.

Not a downer at all SM, this is a thread for whatever you want to talk about. Bobo said so!!!!LOL

I had a lovely holiday in Florida a few years ago. I didn't make it to Sarasota, just Orlando. I loved it.

Have a lovely evening SM! 

• ldesim
    edited May 2013
    Options

Oh my goodness!!! So much to catch up on!! I'm not sure I can, but I'll try!

Moira, I can't believe the differences.. I don't blame you for shopping here.. I think it's great that you found that service!  I think the US/Australian dollar are about the same value nowadays... I remember when I went to Melbourne in 2000, my US dollar was 50% more than the Aus dollar.  When I converted cash over, I felt like I won the lottery! And of course I shopped and shopped and shopped because everything was cheaper... books, cds, clothing.  Funny how 13 years later and it is vice versa.  And how fast you get things is unbelievable... as I stated before, you seem to get things across the world faster than I get things from a couple of states off haha.

Thank you for the good thoughts this morning, I did indeed have rads.. #4 and now 26 to go!  No problems so far and (knock on wood) hopefully that will continue.

Isn't Dex smart? He adapts his play per person, I think thats amazing.  I'm growing quite fond of Mr. Dex although he has to stop barking at people!  

You should write a book about your experiences, I can't even imagine the stories you have and the crazy and I'm sure obnoxious people you have met.  Anybody these days that would be stupid enough to joke about hijacking or anything else, deserves to be banned from flying IMHO.

Granwe, sorry about your infection, that can be so uncomfortable.. like Bobogirl said, get some cranberry in you.... but at least this will stop you from flashing your fanny for a bit lol.  

Regarding quirks.. I love quirks.. it would be so damn boring if we were all the same.. what fun is that.  I cannot even believe that ppl comment on your daughter's neck.. why? What is wrong with people? I hope she does not have problems in school... kids can be horrible and nobody should have to go through being teased for something they have no control over :(  What is the usual reponse from people when you say... so?  I hope they are horribly horribly ashamed of themselves.

Endometrial biopsy.. is that the uterus?  That doesn't sound like much fun.. I think you should get 2 bracelets for that at last.

I have jeans from HS too... and up until 3 years ago or so, I could fit into them too!  Since this damn cancer, I've gained at 15 lbs and I am NOT liking it.  But once this is all over I will concentrate on getting the extra weight off.. I hate the feeling of it.  I checked the Boston store and they just carry the charity ones which I thought.. I have not seen the snake one that you all are going on about... but I will certainly keep my eyes peeled.

I ordered about 4 of them last night from that Zeeberry or whatever it is.. I noticing that a lot of the ones I like are that Russian Gold/Silver.. which I don't think I'd be that fond of.  This is fun and we don't ask for much.. and we do deserve it :)

Moira, I hope by now that Colin is feeling better.. let us know and I'm sorry to hear about your son.. you have been through so much in your life from the sounds of it, yet you are so upbeat and "unflappable", you're just an amazing woman.

Loving the Rod Stewart hair descriptoin on Dex... LOL.. I could actually see it!

Spookiesmom.. I'm telling you there are just some ppl out there who are to the core evil.  To take anything out on a child is just unimaginable.... and you're not a downer at all. What kind of dogs do you have?  I love the KrisKringle name lol.

Moira, what a sad story about your GF... to search, locate and anticipate meeting your birth mother, and then that happening.. heartwrenching. 

Ok think I'm caught up LOL.  

It's rainy here and it's making a long day seem longer, I don't think I've had any down time  since 5:30 this morning.. I anticipate the old body is going to crash within a couple of hours.  But only 4 more days of this to go and then I get a nice long weekend!  We're so busy at work which I do love, but it is taking a lot out of me now and i am too stubborn to let that be known at work... it's bad enough I know everybody is thinking cancer when they see me and feeling sorry for me.. which I hate!

Off to have dinner with dh and watch tv.. and i know it's bad.. but we do it all at once haha.. the coffee table is our dining table. I don't even know the last time we ate in the kitchen or the dining room.

What shows do you guys like to watch? I'm not a huge TV person, we watch a lot of movies, but I follow a couple of shows.. Grey's Anatomy, I love Hell's Kitchen & Deadliest Catch, Sons of Anarchy oh and Moira.. I am addicted to Big Brother Australia.. have watched it for 10 or so years!

Have a good evening/morning ladies.