Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone else out there choosing 100% Alternative?

Options

Comments

• abigail48
    abigail48 Member Posts: 337
    edited June 2013
    Options

watching the burzynski movie ( for the 2nd time I think, my decoction of olive leaf burned.  I was almost out & almost out of spring water to make it too.  oh well a couple of mouthfuls tomorrow then a towntrip tues & do it again. : qt of good water to a hanful of leaves (from frontier), cook down slowly 12/2, strain bottle & refrigerate.  1T 3Xs a day.  very bitter (& delicious if you likt that kind of thing), coking it perfumes the whole house.  Have no idea whether or not it helps.

• chef127
    chef127 Member Posts: 226
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hi CindyD

You are a really brave girl. 100% alt. My tumor was really ugly and I felt it had to go. I found a BS willing to do a conservative surgery (if possible) had a part mx, via Laser, although a MX was recomended by 2 BS's followed by chemo, rads, and hormonal killers. I opted out of chemo and AI's but I did do the rads(kicking and screaming) because CA was found on the skin that was removed. I could have done more surgery but I decided on wbr because I knew there was no way I could submit to any of the other tx's. It's been almost 2 years and I am NED.

My first onco told me I'd be dead in a year w/o ACT, chemo (scare tactic) and my current onco suggested cmf chemo followed by an AI. It's all so destructive. Is my head in the sand???????????maybe, but I prefer go natural and fight this with supps, and diet. I have an appt w/Dr. Wong this Thursday to get a new Rx for his herbal tea that I've been on for a year now. His research on BC is amazing!

I admire your your choice to go 100% alt. Stay strong......................xox   

• lightandwind
    lightandwind Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hi Chef, do you know where i can find the research that Dr. Wong did?

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    edited June 2013
    Options

Which Dr wong is he as i found several when i googled and i only want the real deal!

• milehighgirl
    milehighgirl Member Posts: 397
    edited June 2013
    Options

Chef, I'd like to know of this Dr. Wong as well.  First name?  Location?  Thanks!

• NattyOnFrostyLake
    NattyOnFrostyLake Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    Options

This is the Dr. Wong that a lot of people go to: http://www.georgeycwong.com/

Good luck. Write back and let us know you you do.

• GlobalGirlyGirl
    GlobalGirlyGirl Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Options
  • GlobalGirlyGirl
    GlobalGirlyGirl Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Options

Haha NattyGroves beat me to it! Wink

• chef127
    edited June 2013
    Options

hi Ladies,

Google Dr.George Y.C. Wong.

He works mostly in New York City.

I don't know if he does telephone consults but I can ask on Thurs. His herbal pharm is also in NYC and I'm sure they can ship anywhere???

I'll also ask him where the best place to read about his research. I did read it last year. It must have been on Google? It was mostly about BC.

His approach is Whole body Healing...........I have diabetes, MS, CFS, and the beast(BC)

If you have any other ?? for him let me know before Thursday.

There is another girl here who recently visited him. She did post on this thread.

• lightandwind
    edited June 2013
    Options

Thanks chef, I'm definately interested in knowing if he does telephone consults.  Thursday, that's soon. Will be good to hear back from you about your visit.

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    edited June 2013
    Options

Me too it will be difficult to travel to New York but he feels right to me

• HLB
    HLB Member Posts: 740
    edited June 2013
    Options

Joellee recently went to see him and really liked him and is taking his herbs. You can find it in complimentary/holistic under "my visit with master herbalist dr wong!"

• NattyOnFrostyLake
    edited June 2013
    Options

You have to fly in and see him for an initial visit so he can do the Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnosis. If he is going to be traveling, he might meet you in Florida or Toronto. It depends on his schedule. He looks at your tongue and pulse and makes other observations that reveal liver, kidney, etc., conditions. There are no words that completely translate the Chinese medical approach into English. From then on he can speak to you on the phone and modify the herbs every month.

• lightandwind
    edited June 2013
    Options

Natty, do you know if he has gone to florida to see patients before?

• NattyOnFrostyLake
    edited June 2013
    Options

I know when he's in Florida for whatever reason, he will see patients.

He may travel just to see patients but I imagine it's expensive.

• barbiecorn
    barbiecorn Member Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    Options

I had my bi-lateral mascectomy in Feb. of 2012...refused chemo, herceptin and Aramatase Inhibitor through the drug company -  I went the alternative route, with diet, lost 33 lbs, supplements which increase my immunity...I didn't feel right about the conventional treatment - I am now 67 years old and hoping and praying any recurrence takes many, many years if at all....I do take Myomin and DIM Plus for estrogen balancing as my bc was 97% ER+....You can get this online through Amazon...other than that a watching what I eat...I am praying that my surgury was enough to remove the cancer and keep it away, but who knows....I live one day at a time and try to be positive with my choices....God Bless You All!!!!!

• chef127
    edited June 2013
    Options

Good Morning Ladies,

Had my consult w Dr. Wong yesterday. It went well and I left confident that my issues were all addressed. We did discuss the AI Tx that I refuse to take and his TEA will help my body balance and metabalize the estro. He did say the AI would age me, hurt my bones and heart and do what it is suppose to, get rid of all estrogene. Never advised against it, that would be medical advice against the standard of care, proberbly unethical. He said the DIM was ok to take with the TEA but do I need the double whammy on  estrogene?? I'll call him in 2 weeks to tweek the TEA but how willl I know if its doing the job?

He also Rx'd reshi mushroom capsules that are the best quality available, 4 per day with 500mg of vit C to break down the long chain reshi mushroom to aide in the digestion of it.

The consult started with taking my pulse (very carefully) he read my path report and latest blood test, but the rest was a lot of questions that could be done via a TELOPHONE CONSULT WHICH HE DOES. Go to his web site @ dr. george yc wong.com for contact info. I would start w/ email. Had a hard time understanding his english.

He did say "I can help you" very confidently. Time will tell.

Oh and he said his research is on his web site.

Hope this helps with your natural approach. good luck

• lightandwind
    edited June 2013
    Options

Wow Chef, thanks for reporting back. Very good to know!

• tlew
    tlew Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Options

I'm asian and just thought to let you ladies know reishi mushroom tea/ soups and capsules are huge in asia for treating chronic diseases. I dont know how true it is. I have approach my mo on wanting to try these supplements and she always says, herbal treatments are not tested, etc...

After reading another lady story on dr wong, i did recommend my friend who was diagnosed w/ lung cancer to consult w/ him. Thanks for sharing your story.

• HLB
    edited June 2013
    Options

Herbal treatments have been used a lot longer than conventional medicine. If they didn't work at least some of the time they would have been abandoned. Its unfortunate that they aren't tested but right now I don't the people testing the things that are tested, so we just have to do our research and count on other patients reviews on certain things I guess. The good thing is that if somethings a total scan the info is easy to find these days. If I were you I would try the mushrooms if you want. Besides a lot of the mushrooms actually are being tested finally. I think maitake is a really good one too.

• jojo68
    jojo68 Member Posts: 336
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hi Chef and ladies!

I am the other girl who went to Dr. Wong and have taken his herbs for a month or so.  They have eased my stress, give me energy and totally got rid of my rosacea within a few days.  I has asked about mushrooms as well and he said they were good, but didn't give me the details about the Reishi w/ vitamin C!  Chef, what brand did he recommend?  I will have to try this as well, I think.  He did say I need not continue with DIM as he has enough herbs in my concoction to balance the estrogen.  He also confidently told me he could help me as well...which was pleasing to say the leats.  He emphasized the problems stress can cause. 

Chef, was this your first consult with him?  I am hoping the herbs will help...I am reading alot of new reseacrh on methylation and how when estrogen is broken down it either goes one way or the other...one good, one bad...and, how we methylate is what will determine our success.  I am going to ask Dr. Wong about methylation.

Chef, did he recommend any diet to you? 

• jojo68
    jojo68 Member Posts: 336
    edited June 2013
    Options

This is some info a lady on the MTHFR mutations forum had shared about her methylation experiences...

Yes, MTHFR mutations can and do cause breast cancer. There has been a lot of discussion of the 2:16 ratio on BCTT, the ratio of 2 hydroxyesterone (2OHE1) to 16 alpha hydroxyesterone (16 alpha OHE1). The former is anti-estrogenic and cancer protective, the latter is highly estrogenic and cancer promoting. If that ratio is below 2, and especially if it is below 1, that is highly predictive of breast cancer. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9663330 After 3 months on Indolegard, which is straight BioResponse DIM, my 2:16 ratio was a lousy .6. That was early May, 2012. In January, I had also started myself on BHRT using Dr. Jonathan Wright's book Stay Young and Sexy Using Bioidential Hormone Replacement: The Science Explained as my roadmap of what to take and the dosing guidelines, since no doctor would prescribe it for me, as it is "not in the standard of care" for a BC patient. As you may have seen me say in the last day or so on this list, they can stuff their "standard of care." They would have maimed my body, trashed my immune system and killed me had I let them do to me what they wanted to do, lumpectomy and 6 weeks of radiation, or mastectomy. I thought that at the time, and that opinion has only been confirmed by what I now know would have happened to me given that I have MTHFR mutations, which I didn't know at the time. I went alternative, specifically homeopathy, and most of the supplements I later found out are part of what LEF recommends. I did the research myself and independently determined what I should use, then a year later found LEF and found out they recommended the same things. That was nice validation, but it would have saved me hours and hours of online research and plowing my way through clinical abstracts if I had just found LEF right away!  

I also started myself on the BHRT, because I decided that hormone imbalances had to contribute to BC. If estrogen caused BC, every woman under the age of 40 would have it. That is not the case, rather, it is rare before we start having our ovaries shut down. You know from BCTT that they have 26 studies on the web site that show that the conventional wisdom that BHRT raises the risk of BC to be dead wrong. The opposite is true, it decreases the incidence of BC, and those women on BHRT that do get BC have less lethal types of BC. The BHRT had finally gotten at the fibrocystic breast disease, it was no more by mid-February, so I was feeling pretty good about that, but why the lousy .6 2:16 ratio in the labs I got from Genova Diagnostics that I'd asked my PCP to order for me? (He didn't even know what the test was for, but he orders what I ask for.) The answer is methylation. When estrogen breaks down in the body, what determines whether it breaks down toward 16 alpha OHE1 or 2OHE1 is methylation. If one is not methylating properly, the ratio skews toward 16 alpha OHE1. http://rnblog.rockwellnutrition.com/2011/05/what-is-methylation-ratio-and-how-to-i-improve-it-to-improve-on-my-breast-cancer-risk/

• chef127
    edited June 2013
    Options

HLB,

My feelings exactly. Let food be thy medicine. I was just talking about this with a friend this afternoon. The herbals have been around for hundreds of years so they have been researched and proven, but not clinically. The pharmicuticals that I have been rx'ed do more harm than good. IMO, for me. I want to TREAT my hormones, NOT ENILEATE them. I like being a girl, naturally. I had a fibrocyctic lump the size of a golfball since I was 20, and it started to change and became CA only when my hormones went crazy and unbalanced during perimenopause. coincednce?? I feel it was really that unbalance that caused it, not the estro alone. As far as my BC goes I feel good about refusing the DD ACT and CMF. We need our Immune system to fight, right. And the AI's???? I had my tumor excized via laser surgery and my onco refers to it as that "weird surgery" I had. Well 30% of my breast was removed and NO knife, to spread ca cells and all areas were lazed to prevent spread. Not so weird. very clean.

• chef127
    edited June 2013
    Options

joellelee,

What a good feeling it is to hear you say your rosecia went away after only a few days. This was my 2nd visit w dr wong and I did the TEA for a while but I have other issues that are impacting my life. I called him back then to ask if he was treating ALL my health issues but he was in Bejing at the  time and a friend of mine was making Essiac Tea from the original formula at the time so I purchased a few bottles and it tasted similar to dr wongs tea, like raw artichokes.yummy LOL. I knew I wasn't getting the same mix of herbs. I did tell GW and he said the Essiac was S--T?

I have MS and he has had success treating it. Get me off the couch please. So his herbs are treating BC, MS, and diabetes. I hope.

The Herbal pharmacy is sending me the reishi mushroom capsules with the TEA order. A 2 week supply 4 caps a day. He said they had the best quality available. I think it was for the MS, but most MS tx's are immuno suppresents and mushrooms are immuno supporters, good for cancer. I'll have to call and ask. I'm sure if you call the Kamwoo pharm they will supply it to you without an rx.

I am really interested about the methylation. How do you get tested? Why don't our drs talk about this? RESEARCH.I never heard of this.

Did I read correctly that you are doing BHRT? I always felt that is what I needed to balance my hormones and help me feel better but I was assured that NO dr would give it to me b/c of the BC. So much to still learn. Thanx for that info.

• mila_vegas
    mila_vegas Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hi Girls, I have a friend that visited Dr Burzinski in Texas. The initial consultation and tests were about 20 000$ out of pocket and then the supplements every month are about 4 000$, she ended up paying him about 80 000$ for 9 mo and didn't help her at all. She had a recurance after that. He is very busy and she did not even see him, but some other doctor, so i am not comfortable with him at all

• mila_vegas
    mila_vegas Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    Options

hello, i am researching about RSO a lot lately. I don't believe that the Medical marijuana dispensary have the oil that Rick Simpson is talking about....For example here they sell a gram for 30$, but when you get it to make it yourself, one gram will cost you about 60-70$. That is why he always says to make your own, and be sure what you are ingesting....

• chef127
    edited June 2013
    Options

Hello mila vegas

I'm sorry about your friend who endured 9 mos. of tx w burzinski's clinic not to mention her expenses, failed her.  I think most of his success has been with brain ca. ALL tx's can fail. Conventional, Alt, etc. Until we understand the mechanics of ca. all the different types, we can only choose whats best for us and hope it works. I choose logic.

Medical Marijane was approved here in NJ and it is so difficult to get a card to access it. WTF. Only a hand full of drs are registered to rx it and all of my drs have no interest in it. No kick backs no perks. I hope things will change for those of us who want to try and feel better and maybe treat our diseases. Getting high is not what most of us are looking for????

• HLB
    edited June 2013
    Options

Chef I wish I had known about the laser surgery the first time I had bc in 2004. I had an excisional bx, then a lx, still bad margins and finally a bilateral mx. So two surgeries that left cancer still there. I'm pretty sure that is why I ended up with mets. You can definitely get BHRT from a dr that prescribes it. I had it for a few years after bc from a DO who did integrative medicine and also did IPT but he had too many problems getting paid so he stopped doing that. Not to mention he was so busy with the BHRT he didn't have the time for IPT anyway.

• chef127
    edited July 2013
    Options

HLB, Sorry your dealing with mets now, I do think about the possibilty and IPT may be a choice I'd concider.

When I was first dx all the surgeons and onco were so aggresive with the tx options i was spinning but I almost submitted. My health was and is fairly poor so I researched for better options. ACT would have caused too much damage to my strong heart and when the onco told me about the dental issues with the tx I decided against her plan. I'm so happy about my choice. My tumor was big but my breast was a lot bigger and had alot more room to grow(my logic) the surgeons said that made no differance and mx was necessary.(eaisier)

I researched lazer surgery and only found 1 surgeon in the country. He has been doing this for 30 yrs and was working through a resepted hospital in NYC til their profits from surgerys were falling and they stopped using the Lazer BC surgery. He only treats BC. The 3 hr surgery was soooo easy on me and no heavy anestsia. My daughter and I stayed at a hotel in LINY, had dinner and walked around the hotel. almost no pain, just a bit sore. The drains were out in a week and the healing was fast.

The surgery did cost 3500 above the insurance but for me well worth it. His paitients fly in from all over the world. This procedure is under utilized. BC surgeons would need extensive re-training and invest in expensive equiptment. If I should need a MX in the futue, Dr A will do it.

WWW.laser breastcancer surgery.com

xoxo.....................Maureen

• Julie2011
    Julie2011 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Options

I am happy you chose to go for the laser surgery instead of traditional surgery, which would have been a much longer recovery time.  You did a lot of research and made choices based on your research.  We need to look beyond what conventional medicine has to offer.  Sometimes doctors (well maybe most of the time) don't know about these other choices, or are too afraid to recommend any treatment that the establishment hasn't approved, lets see - surgery, chemo and radiation and other powerful pharmacutical drugs! (LOL, approved treatments) I would advise everyone to research, research, research = find people who have had these alternative procedures/supplements/meds, ask questions and then make an educated choice.  Maureen, thanks for sharing, love you!