Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone else out there choosing 100% Alternative?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,017
    edited November 2013

yeah, right...btw, learned the secret to having lipstick stay on, do your lips in LIP PENCIL all over first, lipstick on top of that :)

• SelenaWolf
    SelenaWolf Member Posts: 231
    edited November 2013

Absolutely!  And if you can find a lip-stain (Cover Girl makes a good one), line your lips first, slick on some stain, then brush on lipstick.  WILL NOT BUDGE FOR ENTIRE DAY.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited November 2013

"“Isaac’s orgone box stood up in the midst of an enormous confusion of bedclothes, review copies, manuscripts, children and the many people who went in and out of the room as if it were the bathroom. Belligerently sitting inside his orgone box, daring philistines to laugh, Isaac nevertheless looked lost, as if he were waiting in his telephone booth for a call that was not coming through.” This book will change the way in which we employ that increasingly lazy phrase about “thinking outside the box.”" As quoted by Hitchens in the NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/25/books/review/adventures-in-the-orgasmatron-by-christopher-turner-book-review.html?_r=0

• Momine
    edited November 2013

Selena, and how is that working for you? Having no orgasmic antennae, I mean ;)

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2013

Momine - fantastic link. Can't stop laughing, really, just the best!

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2013

GAWD, it's good to sometimes have just a good ole WILD chuckle!!!!!!!! Thanks to all.....

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170
    edited November 2013

Yes to lip pencil. You can even use a fairly neutral color if you don't like it dark. MAC makes a great one called Spice.

Yes, some posts do border on the comical. I have a fluffy, curly bob which can only be cut by a stylist who has been initiated in to the secret society for curly hair upkeep. This will insure that my spiral antennae continue to receive and disperse appropriate energy.

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited November 2013

Seriously, Sunny? I'm trying that trick today!

Now we know the source of all our problems in life - we cut our hair!! Singing

Edit: I mean we cut our "antennae." Loopy

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2013

Ooohh....I have wonderfully curly hair too, and haven't had it cut ( since a REAL short one) in 6 months, wonder if that's why all these ladybugs are attracted to me? Reminds me, how much I tried to eliminate my curls when I was a teenager, a half a century ago, and now love it, cut is so important, and I only use a hair dryer to dry a watercolor painting....ummm, have we gone off topic hereSillyHeart

• exbrnxgrl
    edited November 2013

thanks for the link, momine. Where does that mythical box morph into the world of magical thinking?

• Momine
    edited November 2013

Yorkie, clearly a very good reason to skip chemo.

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2013

BTW - I prefer the Bobbi Brown lip pencils, with the Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks ( which I use as blush) lip brushed on top ;)

• exbrnxgrl
    edited November 2013

sunflowers,

I too tortured myself to get straight hair in my youth. Love my curls now but I do blow dry, about 3/4 dry, with a diffuser on the drier. If I didn't, my hair would take too long to dry. My brother had a huge 'fro as a teen which we refer to as his Jewfro. SIL, whose hair is almost white blond, sported a huge Jewfro too in his college days.

• Momine
    edited November 2013

I still don't have a good relationship with the hair dryer. My hair is weird. It is short now, but still stays wet for HOURS. I try the dryer, but even on full blast, it doesn't seem to do much. Could of course be because my arm starts hurting and the noise gets to me after about 5 minutes :/

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2013

Bet I can outdo you on straightening, did ya ever iron your hair, I mean literally on an ironing board? Or did ya use Curl Free with those huge plastic beer can sized rollers?

I adore my curls now, reminds me of being a kid! Laughed when the first hairs came back after chemotherapy, I looked like I was wearing my grandma's persian lamb coat on my head ;-) Back to just normal curly now, with mucho gray. Love it.

• abigail48
    abigail48 Member Posts: 337
    edited November 2013

all hairs are antennaes the easiest way to get curly hair is to braid it while wet & let it dry that way

• SelenaWolf
    edited November 2013

#sputtering  "Jewfro"... OMG, I'm howling.

• Momine
    edited November 2013

Selena, you are such a virgin! But I agree it is a great term. A friend's kid had an amazing white-blond afro as a kid. It turned out that great-grandpa was able to pass and nobody in the family knew, until my friend tracked it down. So that was a "real-fro."

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2013

For Selena, in case you haven't heard of a JewBu ( JewishBuddhist!)

• SelenaWolf
    edited November 2013

Shocked

• Mardibra
    Mardibra Member Posts: 194
    edited November 2013

Had curly hair pre-chemo and spent way too much time straightening it every day. Post chemo? Much straighter. Weird.

Mac eye makeup. Love it! Chanel brow liner. Without it you wouldnt be able to see my eyebrows...very light.

Antennae? Hmmmm. What the....

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited November 2013

After this conversation, I know for sure there are no coincidences, because I am actually off to get my antennae cut. Wish me luck that I make it home safely. Shocked

I have always had pretty straight hair, with a few infuriating waves. My BFF in high school had very curly hair which she did everything under the sun to control, including having it straightened at a beauty school. Unfortunately, those students didn't really know what they were doing and her hair fell out. The good news for her is that it grew back almost straight. I always wanted either blonde or curly hair, because I had neither.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited November 2013

sunflowers,

Yes, I ironed my hair. I also used to wrap the center part around a large coffee can and then wrap and clip the rest around the periphery of my head, like a giant roller. Can't believe I spent so much time fighting my curls! Or is that my antennae? Wait! I'm receiving a message... It says get in the shower so you can go and get your port flushed. Did you know that ports receive messages from the after life transmitted through the saline and heparin flush? Yes, it's true. I heard it on the radio.

• abigail48
    abigail48 Member Posts: 337
    edited November 2013

not through the fillings in your teeth?

• exbrnxgrl
    edited November 2013

no! I had all my fillings removed (they were allowing the government to monitor my every move) , then all my root canals and then all of my teeth. They have been replaced by a super hard, organic substance that I can't publicly name until my unqualified health advisor allows this life altering substance to be made public. He is currently testing it on termites and found it to be not only effective but harmless.

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2013

Yorkiemom - see you on the other thread - shall we tell them about hair cuts....tee, hee....

• Mardibra
    Mardibra Member Posts: 194
    edited November 2013

did he go through clinical trials?? would like to read up on that. Happy

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2013

exbrnxgirl - you're the best!!!!!! Happy Thanksgivukah.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited November 2013

thanks! Snarky and sarcastic are not my usual style but it's hard to resist when someone plays straight into your hand.

Sent from a recliner in an infusion center in a parallel universe.

• SelenaWolf
    edited November 2013

O.M.G.  You guys are the BEST!  Haven't laughed so hard in ages.

I'm off to start a "How vain are you" thread, so that we can quit hijacking the alternative one...