Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone else out there choosing 100% Alternative?

Comments

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited November 2013

Sunny, see you on the "strange" side! Winking

Well, I made it back from the hair salon intact, minus a few antennae. My month's supply of universal energy is now lying in a stylist's waste basket. Personally I think orgon is overrated, although our hair cuts may explain why abigail does not have cancer and we do. Happy

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited November 2013

@ What am I gonna do with you people? The orgone box was invented by Wilhelm Reich. Look it up if you need another good laugh ;)

• Momine
    edited November 2013

I thought a "Jewbu" was also otherwise known as a "UU" ;)

• pupmom
    edited November 2013

Ooooo, my bad. Thanks Momine, I changed.

• Momine
    edited November 2013

Yorkie, good girl! Woody Allen renamed it the "Orgasmatron" in one of his movies.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170
    edited November 2013

However, Morrocan argan oil is very lovely for my dry curls. Makes them shiny please I receive better signals. Nothing does curly hair better than a heapin' helpin' of some hypothetical universal life force!

• pupmom
    edited November 2013

OMG, that definitely sounds like Woody Allen! I think he's missing a few antennae.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited November 2013

Aha! I knew my curls were good for something besides being cute!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,017
    edited November 2013

UU - another winner!

Let's go to SelenaWolfs vain thread, so the Orgons quoting larry can get back on message....

• pupmom
    edited November 2013

Has she started it? I can't wait to wallow in vanity!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,017
    edited November 2013

yorkie - we moved, and took larry with us.

• pupmom
    edited November 2013

???

• Momine
    edited November 2013

Gary, not Larry! Seriously folks, you are making me feel like a school marm ;)

• exbrnxgrl
    edited November 2013

Please, momine, leave that up to me. I am a fully credentialed school marm under the auspices of the California Commision on Teacher Credentialing. This is no job for amateurs!

• lightandwind
    lightandwind Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2013

Hi Ladies,

I had remembered reading something someone had posted on facebook about hair being "a part of the nervous system." I posted two links below. This is a viewpoint of entire cultures of people, so though it sounds strange, it is part of a cultural belief system and so should be ethically considered when making fun of other peoples belief systems.

Abigal often I don't fully understand your posts, but I trust that you are here for support as are the rest of us and I respect that you are likely dealing with something as serious as the rest of us here, and probably have some very bad circumstances in addition to you worsening situation with your breast.

SelenaW. Thanks for acknowledging the ongoing hijacking of the Alternative threads. I don't understand it, but I suspect there are many who don't post anymore simply because they know someone is lurking to divert or coerce. It concerns me that people who come for support wind up being criticized and even bullied. It is equally insensitive for someone focused on alternatives to disrespect the choices and beliefs of someone choosing conventional methods. Regardless, people need to feel safe to speak freely about their choices without the constant intrusion of people who are really not interested in the discussed therapies at all. Personally, I am alternatively minded but have chosen conventional treatments in addition to alternative ones. I don't see the point in being polarized, or judgmental, when we are fighting for our lives.

Still I am glad you ladies had a good laugh, we all need that. (Sorry Abigal that it was at your expense). I enjoy the camaraderie on these forums but I think it has been missing for too long on the alternative forum. Keep the smiles going and have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

http://www.quantumbalancing.com/spiritualhair.htm

http://www.sott.net/article/234783-The-Truth-About-Hair-and-Why-Indians-Would-Keep-Their-Hair-Long

Heres an excerpt:

“When the hair on your head is allowed to attain its full, mature length, then phosphorous, calcium, and vitamin D are all produced, and enter the lymphatic fluid, and eventually the spinal fluid through the two ducts on the top of the brain. This ionic change creates more efficient memory and leads to greater physical energy, improved stamina, and patience.”

Yogi Bhajan explained that if you choose to cut your hair, you not only lose this extra energy and nourishment, but your body must then provide a great amount of vital energy and nutrients to continually re-grow the missing hair.

In addition, hairs are the antennas that gather and channel the sun energy or prana to the frontal lobes, the part of the brain you use for meditation and visualization. These antennas act as conduits to bring you greater quantities of subtle, cosmic energy. It takes approximately three years from the last time your hair was cut for new antennas to form at the tips of the hair.

• pupmom
    edited November 2013

Well, if Yogi Bhajan says it's true.....

• lightandwind
    lightandwind Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2013

Yorkiemom, I wasn't trying to prove anything, just showing how opening the mind, and embracing differences, allows us to learn...about other people, if nothing else.

• pupmom
    edited November 2013

Light, I don't think you showed that regarding hair being antennas for energy. I do believe what you said about how opening the mind, and embracing differences allows us to learn. But I have a real problem with breast cancer posers coming on this board and lecturing those who REALLY are afflicted with bc.

• jojo68
    jojo68 Member Posts: 336
    edited November 2013

Thank you, Lightandwind. 

I had been reading through all of these posts and shaking my head in disgust.  Really, it does feel like the 'Mean Girls Club.'  And, you know what?  Abigail sure takes it like a champ!  She is always very very respectful, even when being made fun of endlessly and ridiculously.  Are we not allowed to share our differences and quirks.  I seriously am losing all respect for the admins on BCO for allowing this type of bullying to continue.  Definitely a highjack, Selena.  Shame on all of you.  Do you all feel good about yourselves to put others beneath you?

• jojo68
    jojo68 Member Posts: 336
    edited November 2013

Now, go and enjoy your "vain threads' and leave this one alone, atleast for one second as I know you all cannot help yourselves.  Sorry for being to the point, but I have had it.

• Mardibra
    Mardibra Member Posts: 194
    edited November 2013

Jojo....you need to relax and not take everything so seriously!

• exbrnxgrl
    edited November 2013

jojo,

Threads get derailed all of the time. Sometimes they get steered back on track, sometimes they don't. Selena was right in trying to move our fun, girly "vain" convo to another thread. Mean girls? No, the mean one is someone who for reasons unknown comes on a breast cancer forum and pretends she's one of us. She is the one being disrespectful. I think after all of this time, when we have seen so many of our sisters struggle and pass away, it's become very difficult to tolerate. She has also disrespected those with AIDS by offering her advice for curing it after claiming she had it 3x, but was never diagnosed. I have known too many who suffered and passed from that too. I am about as liberal and open minded as they come but I don't fall for everything. Breast cancer is life and death for many of us and posers shouldn't be here. Please don't expect that many of us will respect her when she has no respect for us and what we are dealing with.

PS: It was not hair or lack of cutting hair that was the issue. It was orgone, which is part of no culture, tradition or belief system that I'm aware of.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited November 2013

Many of us continue to have an interest in this thread because we are interested in alternative therapies. We are hoping to see some solid evidence of a tx that works and does little or no harm. Isn't that what most people would want? So, it is difficult and sometimes painful to see posters bringing up totally unfounded things (when they themselves have no diagnosed disease). Additionally, there is the occasional post by someone who is scared and desperate and asks about things that are truly dangerous. Can we let them go down that path and not say a word?

• Momine
    edited November 2013

What Brnx said.

• abigail48
    abigail48 Member Posts: 337
    edited November 2013

there was a post on my fb page about 1st people, american indians drafted for intuitive work tracking etc in the us army. it was found with a study that when the army insisted on giving them military haircuts they lost their intuitve abilities

• abigail48
    abigail48 Member Posts: 337
    edited November 2013

The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long...Sott.net

• pupmom
    edited November 2013

abigail, there are so many famous mystics, psychics and philosophers throughout history who had short, or at least cut, hair it's not funny. Every time you to try to explain one of your theories, you just dig that proverbial hole deeper.

• DiveCat
    DiveCat Member Posts: 290
    edited November 2013

Or, you know, maybe they were pissed at being drafted into a war to fight for a country that remained prejudiced and discriminatory toward them, their culture, and their families? I would "lose" my abilities, too. Or you know, it could be that tracking enemy forces in a war zone thousands of miles away from home is not same as tracking a deer for food over the winter in the area one grew up. Ridiculous anyway...this sounds like a "study" based on stereotyping and a lack of cultural understanding to begin with! One being there is not one culture or belief system that applies to all Native Americans!

Yorkie...I wonder how Ghandi managed, perhaps he had invisible antennae?

All I can say is I am a shedder....the floors of my house must be glowing with the universe's energy. Maybe I need to stop Swiffering? Think of all those poor antennae lost to the central vac!

• nancyhb
    nancyhb Member Posts: 235
    edited November 2013

Yes, Abigail...and at the bottom of that sott.net post is this disclaimer:

"Comment: SOTT can't confirm this story or the research it suggests took place, however, we have wondered on many occasions, what is the use of hair and why so many legends refer to hair as being a source of strength, from Samson, to Nazarenes, to the Long Haired Franks."

• rozem
    rozem Member Posts: 749
    edited November 2013

im sure this has been asked before but I am curious...if one does choose alternative treatment are there ANY studies supporting various protocols for cancer treatment - I mean a real study with a control group/arm etc and more than a few people? Jojo since you are doing this instead of conventional what have you used to help make your decision. I am not being sarcastic here, I really want to try to understand what information is being used to make this decision. I mean it has to be pretty compelling to walk away from the tried and true