Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Skunk love! Z, thank you for DP report. Hi DP! Z, I have dinner started already. Trying to get psychological advantage.

Dawny, hi Betty! Do you bake those things lightly before packing in lunches? Or do you just let them thaw in the lunch bag? And how do you wrap them? Individually in waxed paper, and then in zip baggies? I am enamored of your system.

There are not really alligators 'walking around' here waiting to eat people. It is true, people feed them marshmallows (why?). They don't walk down the street, for example.

OMG, must get grading done. My concentration is not good. ND< please feel better. Birdie, I know you could wear a little scarf at the neck with that all-black outfit of M's and look beautiful! If you are a scarf person. XXX

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

I reply to myself, FFS, someone has to do it. Z, you can use one TB flaxseed and 3 TB water, whooshed together, per egg. Some use a mashed half banana but I find that does not work as well. X

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

V week

Valentine, Vegamite, Vaccum cleaner, vinegar, vulture, Vogue magazine, vitamins, Viking, Violin, violets, videotape (haha, I have lots of those still),  viewfinder, vest, varnish, vampire and vegetable!

hope that helps.  Thank you for the brain exercise this morning.

Please don't be freaked out by gator stories.  They are not walking the street, although one time there was one sunning himself in the middle of the Interstate and cars had to drive around him! It made the newspapers! Probably 20 years ago.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

I reply to myself, because I can't let Bobo be the only one! And there were more posts on another page. That always messes me up.

Z: thanks for the update on DP.  We are all worried and appreciate your updates. Skunk love,,, hope Sassafass does not find out about that.

People who feed wildlife, especially alligators are idiots!

Good morning to all. I am off to get my X-ray. Back later.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

In the bag Glennie!

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

In the bag for Glennie with Bobo. Hello Bobo.

So, the weather doesn't seem to be getting better any time soon up here in the north east. We need to get up to Canada in the next two weeks to renew our visas. It is at least a 7 hour drive each way, and it would be ok if roads are good. But since we have no guarantee we are thinking of flying to Detroit (connected to Canada by a bridge) one weekend and taking care of it. We lived in that area for six years so we can visit friends while there too. It is more expensive than just driving, but probably safer.

The kids are off school today because of inclement weather. No snow, but half an inch of solid ice on roads. DH said it is like a skating rink....hense my worry about driving up north.

I dreamt last night that a bunch of us all got together. It was nice.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Hello Andrea!

***involuntary shrieking*** **lots of shrieking**

Just went out to change over laundry. Miguel had hidden a dead bird between the laundry bags! I saw his little face! It was a big bird! He obviously left it for me as a present. Was on the phone with DLLP at the time, shrieked all over the house. OMG! Cannot go outside in the back!

Obviously I kill bugs if they come in. What do you think, I let them make themselves comfy and get into my bed?

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Back from X-ray.  quick and painless.  Not sure if he will call with results or if I have to wait until the 20th.  X-ray probably won't show much, but it's an insurance hoop to jump thru before getting the MRI approved.

Andrea:  unless the weather really improves fast,, I think flying to Detroit would be better/safer!!  Be safe!!  Yes, you dreamed we all got together, cuz we are all going to NOLA!  RIGHT???

Oh, Bobo,, I'm so sorry about the bird. That must have been upsetting. And Miguel thought he was bringing you a present.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Miguel is curled up touching my leg while I work. He never snuggles like this. He knows I have been having a hard few days, I think that is why he brought the bird to me (of course, he kills birds other times too).

I love Miguel!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

He brought you a pressie.  My Lab Cody used to do the same thing.  He could not greet me when I came home from work without something in his mouth which he would then drop at my feet.  One time it was a dead squirrel, that had obviously been buried for a few days and then dug up to bring to me. There were maggots,, which started crawling on my kitchen floor. I screamed. He didn't understand why I was upset. Poor dog. He thought he had brought me a wonderful pressie.   I did save a possum once from him!  He had it cornered, but i got him away from it and the possum got away.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

hahahahahahaha

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

dp in hospital. Had to text bond as I hadn't heard from her and when did, not right. Missed chemo. Sleeping a lot.

Will update when he does.

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

thanks Z!

Shit, hell, damn, fuk, and every other explitive I can think of but am too tired to write! I hate cancer!!!!!

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

What S said. Crap. f*cking crap.

Thanks for the update, Z.

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited February 2015

Crap on a Chapstick! Love to you DP. Xxxxx

Z, thank you for getting in touch with DP and Bond and then letting us know. X

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

Z, thank you for update.. if we can do anything to help... I feel so helpless... Lots of love to you DP and Bond.

Spookie, that (spider?) is kinda cute lol.

I love Miguel too... I'm glad he is giving you comfort..... omg Bobo, laughing over the pressie... the only thing I hate about cats... my SIL's cat put a dead mouse in her bed... thankfully mine don't really have the opportunity to kill things.

Laughing over skunk love.. we have skunks around, but I've never been exposed to skunk love.

Dawny, I am drooling over doughnut muffins.. they sound delicious... I am jealous of your freezer full of treats :)

Glennie, what a great V list :) Luckily it wasn't up to Bobo to find some... the poor kid might have been expelled.

Made black bean brownies today and some kind of cookie thing with banana, oats & chocolate chips.... not sure I'm going to like that one, but the brownies smell like actual brownies!

Had a relaxing day for the most part, I wasn't going to risk doing anymore damage as I am very sore.... Joe is back to normal and was up on the roof shoveling snow off it.... we're due for another storm on Thursday... so over it.

Standing by to hear further news... thanks again Z.

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

What everyone else said, I hate this disease so much, love and hugs to DP , such a beautiful young woman. Also sending prayers for bond and grandparents, I have been on this side of cancer too and watching the one you love suffer is just beyond words.

Thank you Zills for keeping us informed

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Shoveling on roof cannot be good for Joe. Black bean brownies? Yikes. Just have some dark chocolate.

V is for 'vagina face.' That's my new favorite phrase. It means 'fresh, dewy-looking, perfect natural make-up. And Realness.'

example: She gave excellent vagina face at that party, it was just perfect with her dress.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Bobo would have said Vitamix,,, which I completely forgot!!

Let us know how your snacks come out.  I found ice cream sandwiches with coconut milk ice cream today! OMG,, they are good.

A phone call on legal issue,, must meet with them again next week. ** will it ever be over?** Good thing I bought ice cream today.

Edit: to say,,, the snow up there looks awful!  I cannot believe how much it is piled up everywhere. ARe they dumping in the harbor yet?  And worried about Joe on roof! Yikes!!

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

black bean brownies are good. Just not chewy.

DP had ct scan, morphine. Asleep again. Believe she is at same hospital. Not sure she is up for emails yet. Standing by.

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Thank you Z.

Glennie, they had a news conference today and they don't think they need to dump in the harbor yet, but it is an option they are keeping open. The problem I guess is that they haven't picked up trash and they are worried that they might accidentally get trash with the snow and dump that in the harbor.

I like brownies cake like.. I am hoping they are somewhat like that...

Glennie, the ice cream sandwiches sound yummy.. I'm glad you got something comforting, dealing with legal issues is never fun :(

Bobo, I would think you would be thrilled by black bean brownies! And Glennie, the word I had in mind that Bobo would say was not vitamix :)

Ndgirl, I too have been on the other side of it.. and you are right.. it is beyond words.

Hugs to everyone.

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Wow. Standing by for snow harbor update. I think the mayor should step in and help citizens with the snow. It is too much.

Z, please be caring to yourself. Thank you for giving us updates. I am standing by to see if she can have emails at the hospital. I am thinking of our DP every minute.

... don't have anything I can say. :(

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

Let's send our thoughts to make a radiant glow around DP in the hospital. Healing angels or whatever.

I had fudge made with beets once. It was good. I hate beets.

I thought of vegetable too. What could be easier?

• ldesim
    edited February 2015

Oh Wren, what a lovely idea... I'm in.

I hate beets too.. not a fan of fudge.. I'm not sure that would be a winning combination for me.

Black bean brownie update... they aren't too bad.. not bad at all... recipe asked for 1/2 cup cocoa powder and I used 1/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder and 1/4 cup unsweetened. I probably should have not done the dark chocolate to begin with. I also used stevia instead of sugar.. not sure if that made a difference, they just need a little more sweetness. I'm actually pretty impressed.

Here's recipe if anybody interested... I'd like to omit the eggs.... 3 eggs is a lot for this small recipe.

http://mmmisformommy.com/2011/05/legendary-black-b...

And here is the cookies I made a couple weeks ago... seriously, even Joe loved them and he is picky as can be.... again I think it needs more modification of ingredients to make it healthier. I'm hoping they freeze well, because I froze half of the batch I made.

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Healthy-Oatmeal-Cookie-Recipe-Using-Beans-22665129

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Thank you for the DP updates, I am sending all my love and anything else positive, I can muster, to our girl. Hoping this is just a shitful, bump in the road and things improve again. Hugs to you, lovely one, you're always on my mind. ndgirl, I am with you sending love and hope to the GP's and our hero Bond!

Glennie, sorry you have to do more legal stuff. Hope you get the MRI soon.Coconut Ice Cream Sandwiches, yummmo!!!!

Vagina face, Bobo, now that's a new one on me and it's a good thing? OK, if you say so! I would have a hard time making that work here, where the "see you next tuesday" face is the absolute worst thing you can say to someone!Shockedbahahahaha

Vivacious, Voluptuous, Va Va Va Voom! How's that? Why am I doing this, again?

Ahhh Bobo, Miguel thought you needed cheering up, oooh I hate dead birds, even worse than a mouse. We have lots here, but not from Dex, from our tinted windows. They see the reflection of the water and the trees in the front of the house and fly full speed into the windows. It is awful, loud and unnerving. Some survive and stagger around before flying off, but many just drop, out there and I have to do the disposal duties.

Z Black bean brownies, sound interesting. I love brownies, the chewy ones.

I have been seeing the snow on the news here, I feel for any of you having to put up with all that, it is really scary. I can't even imagine driving in that. We get black ice here occasionally and that's awful, that must be terrifying to drive in.Andrea, please take the safest option. We will all be on tenterhooks till we hear you have arrived safely!

ldesim, glad to hear you are getting some rest time, but worried for Joe on that roof! Not sure what Skunk love is, but I will pass thanks! Only seen them on TV and don't even want to think what they smell like.

Sgc, what you said!!!!

Spookiesmom, that spider was kind of cute!

Hey Dawny, I knew you'd know Jon! He's definitely my favorite ex relative, because he is so good to Bec. The best Uncle ever, he takes her out whenever he's in town, or goes to meet her at work, for lunch. He's a good bloke.

That Thermomix was a good buy for you, you get so much use out of it.

Going to be super hot today, there is no wind and the water looks beautiful. I had a dream we all got together too! Thinking of everyone and sending gentle, smooshy hugs, to our DP. Love you, gorgeous girl!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

That spider was from the Warm and Fuzzy thread. Check it out!

Will this chit never end? Thinking of you DP!!!!!!!!!!!!'

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited February 2015

I had my yearly mammo today. The films for this year looked just like last year's so I'm not worried.

Thinking of DP and hoping they're taking care of her pain. Love to Bond and GPs.

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

WooHoo for you Wren! Glad all looks good and you're not worried!

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Birdie, excellent for you on good mammo! Sending my healing energy to our DP.

M, 'vagina face' is a good thing, not the same as 'see you next Tuesday' face. You can start using this phrase immediately in convo at the opp shop.