Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Maybe a dumb flat question?

Comments

• SC60
    SC60 Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2015

Going to sleep now. Good night all, sweet dreams

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    edited February 2015

Sleep well! Nice pic of the puppy! M x

• SC60
    edited February 2015

BTW, I changed my name and removed my photo as it did come up on google! Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

For a moment I thought it was a new member, saying goodnight! LOL The puppy made me realize it was you.

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

t took me a min to figure out who that was. Not sure I will change my name.

Bobogirl you are beautiful!! I love that pic of you. Have you really been battling this damn cancer for 7 years??

Thinking of you DP.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited February 2015

Hi DP! **waving** Thinking of you and hoping for an update. Hoping you are pain-free and snuggling with Bond.

S, How did your name and picture come up on Google?? Love your new avatar.

Andrea: thank you for being so sweet. That was in my office. Bobo climbed right up on my lap, right on my desk chair, and I just reached over and took that picture on the computer! I was laughing and Bobo made a big noise like he was laughing too (as you see in the picture!). I guess you can see who 'wears the pants' at my house and S's house!

Hmm. Let's see. Dx in 2008, had the lump for about a year before that, but could not get a mammogram. I try not to dwell on the negative. But my PCP (a woman) would not refer me, and then when she finally did she F'd up the prescription and wrote it for the wrong breast and went out of town, and I had two children under two but I kept trying to call to fix it, and then finally the RECEPTIONIST had mercy on me and straightened it out.

Since then everyone is on 'high alert,' and that's why whenever I get a lump (or did before the mx) my BS (in PHL) advocated for mx. Bobo is howling! He wants my attention.

• Zillsnot4me
    Zillsnot4me Member Posts: 2,122
    edited February 2015

from bond

Good morning to you too still no results on the test I am so surprised they took her yesterday for an MRI of her back due to the constant back pain then they upped her pain medicine and gave her some pill that supposed to last 24 hours so for right now we're just hanging in there

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

Oh no, DP! I am hoping that pain medicine works better than what they have been giving you.

Poor Bond. He must be so worried. Standing by.

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Hello girls, I was hoping to hear something before I went to bed, nearly midnight, but I thought you may post Z. Thank you for that. Well, they are still doing stuff, so I guess that is positive news. The pain is being addressed at last so I guess we just wait.

Hiya Bobo, didn't expect to see you here so early. How you doing? Every time I see another part of your story, it makes me so mad. It is so unfair and downright wrong, the way you have been treated by these dicktors.

Well, off to bed now, catch up tomorrow, hope there may be some news then..take it easy everyone..M x

• SC60
    edited February 2015

When I googled my original name my post came up and my picture on images. Since I used my initials and birthdate, I figured I should not make it so obvious. Still a bit obvious, but not as bad. Since I was stalked for so many years, I thought I would just make things interesting. I have no imagination when it comes to choosing names.

Thanks for the update Z. I wish it were better news, but at least they adjusted her pain meds!

Hey there DP! Still sending healing thoughts and lots of love!

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833
    edited February 2015

S:  you were stalked??  Holy Crap!  Well, I can see why you have privacy mode on high alert then! And love the new avatar.  The puppy is adorable.

I googled glennie19..   I come up with my posts here,, but it seems to be a common "nickname".  I'm on a justguys gay forum, pininterest, a poker forum, deviant art,, and I didn't go past page one of the search.  That was enough!

Bobo:  that sucks what happened to you.  I had heard of other women on this forum say, I'm under 40,, my dicktor won't send me for a mammo cuz he says I'm too young to have BC.  F these dicktors!  They need to read some recent studies and SEE how many women under 40 it is affecting!

ARGH,,,, DP!!   ((((hugs)))   Bond!!  (((hugs)))   I hope this new pain med works.  Another test and no results?? WTF, dicktors?  Come on,,, get with it!  I too, am standing by.

Bobo:  great sign.  4 year olds can be really smart.  I would also add to that,,, it's a good day if no one hit or bit you.

Why was Bobo howling?  Just for attention?

It is raining here, supposed to rain all day.  I take Ava out,, she takes one look and turns around. The Princess does not like to go out in the rain.  Finally I convinced her to pee.  Hope I can get her out later on.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness, forgot about puppies".  Gene Hill

• SC60
    edited February 2015

Yes, Glennie, I was stalked, video taped, followed, mail gone through, house broken into, you name it, it was done. Terrorized my kids and me and it has taken many years to get over it, but I am still hyper vigilant about people around me. Can't go into it all, but it was very ugly!

• ndgirl
    ndgirl Member Posts: 950
    edited February 2015

Thanks Zills and Bond, wishing for better new though but it is what it is.

Sc, I thought we had a new gal too, that is awful what you went through, how scary

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

OMG, S,, I am so sorry to hear this.  How awful.  (((S ))))

• bobogirl
    edited February 2015

S: {{{hugs}}}

Yep, G, just for attention. He is sitting against my leg right now, holding his Rudolf (Christmas present), barking as I am trying to work. I must say, though, it's heaven.

Ava will not go in the rain!

• SC60
    edited February 2015

Happy Fat Tuesday! I plan on indulging today! Everything is closed due to snow, so there really isn't anything to do but celebrate! Lol

• prb1956
    prb1956 Member Posts: 401
    edited February 2015

Searched on my nickname here. Showed up in a few places, including here, but what I found disturbing is that there is a web site that apparently searches forums and posts the ones that have the most hits..ie. hot topics. Here is a snapshot of what I saw.... I don't like it:

• AndreaJ50
    AndreaJ50 Member Posts: 704
    edited February 2015

SC I am sorry to hear about your situation. I hope it was resolved. I ran an into a guy at my 10 year highschool reunion who began calling me daily and trying to hook up with me. I never knew how he got my number or why he was so persistent. He was creepy. Then one day I passed the phone to my husband. He never called back....then we moved far away. He tried years later to contact me on Facebook, telling me he had been looking for me for the last 9 years. I blocked him. Then 8 years later I saw his obituary. Guess that ends it. He was never dangerous. Just creepy.

Bobo, that is terrible how you were treated. Shocking, actually. I had mammos every year from my 40s but also a couple in my 30s. Always clear, I thought. Had a few call backs but always said I was good to go. Actually told to do them every 2 years. So I listened. Actually went 3 years (oops)...them whamo!

My daughter was 26 when she had a large fibroadenoma removed. And my 30 year old is getting monitored for lumpy sore breast.

Can never be too careful.

• SC60
    edited February 2015

Andrea-It all happened quite a while ago. I do know he hates not "being in the know" so I am sure he lurks! I thought DP's discussion board was supposed to be closed, yet it pops up on the list of topics. I hate to think a newbie has seen it. Could be scary without information/knowledge. As for my stalker, if he is still lurking in my life, he must be very bored! He can't hurt me anymore!

• ldesim
    ldesim Member Posts: 1,193
    edited February 2015

Aww S, what a terrible thing to live through *hugs*. That's right, he can't hurt you anymore!!!!! We will make mince meat out of him should he even think about bothering you.

Andrea, that is creepy.. and you never know he could have turned dangerous.

I had a lump in my 30's (benign) and have been tested regularly ever since. My BC was discovered between mammograms.

Yay for procedure free dental visit!!

Thinking of DP & Bond.

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

Wow, PRB,, that is actually kinda creepy.  And it seems I post WAY too much.  I guess that's what happens when you have to sit at the computer all day for work, and there is no work.  I just read topics and comment! Maybe I should cut back.   I think this thread is closed in that it doesn't show up in the "active topic" list,,, but I guess you can still find it by click on a name and seeing where you have posted or under the Living w/o recon after a MX forum.  Not sure how we could be more private.

Rainy and gloomy here. I finally got Ava out for a walk during a lull in the action.

Thinking of DP and Bond.  Hoping DP is getting some results today.  **it is NOT a holiday**

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

I thought Bobo's thread was the locked one

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

It's supposed to be this one.

• tb90
    tb90 Member Posts: 288
    edited February 2015

As a nice and friendly stalker, I can assure you that it is DP's thread that is locked.  Thinking everything is about me, when it no longer popped up, I started to think "they are on to me!" and tried to block me personally :)  But I love all of you and cannot get through the day without checking out how you are all doing.  Sending all my love and best wishes to DP. 

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Hi all, so sorry to hear that creepy business for both of you. It was this thread that they closed as an active topic. I believe this is as closed as they can make it. The only way we could be more private would be to get off here all together.

I too, was hoping for another update about our girl. I saw the Z update just as I went to bed last night, thanks Z, and figured there would be something, anything, today. Sigh...at least they are doing something and she isn't in pain. I feel for Bond and the Gp's it's got to be so hard for them. Sending love and hugs to them and to DP.

I had been getting mammos from 40, that's when they start our free service every 2 years here. I had never had a call back, but my right side was always "tender", for as long as I can remember, if I rolled over in bed or accidentally knocked it. Don't know what that was about.

Big fundraiser tonight for my friend from the Pink Ladies who had "Larry" the tumor removed from her liver. She is determined to have this event tonight and have her head shaved for the start of chemo coming soon. I am going with my other friend who moved here last year and managed her whole treatment on her own, boy are there some amazing, strong ladies here! It should be a good night with an auction and raffles.

It is dull gray and humid again this morning, weather is screwed up this year.

Be back later...M x

• Ariom
    edited February 2015

Hey TB, nice to see you, I miss your posts! M x

• glennie19
    edited February 2015

looking forward to hearing about the fundraiser, M. 

Hi TB.  It's nice to have a friendly stalker!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2015

my bad