Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any Michigan Ladies?

Options

Comments

• PlanB58
    PlanB58 Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2016
    Options

KateB79- I just finished my rads at Mclaren. Sad to say halfway through my treatment the affiliation with UM was discontinued and my RO had to leave! I really liked him. Karmanos is the new affiliate. I was not impressed I saw a different RO every time. My last app was Monday and Dr did not even get in door to room. Just said Would see them (RO) in a month and see nurse next week! The Techs were great.

• smo23915
    smo23915 Member Posts: 71
    edited June 2016
    Options

Just would like to share I will be presenting a program on Pilates for Breast Cancer, at Gildas House in Royal Oak. There is no cost and a dinner is provided (free)
    It should be a fun night. If you are near Royal Oak please join us.

Sharon Ostalecki, Ph.D., certified Rehabilitation Pilates instructor will speak on Pilates for Cancer survivors, and take us through a "Gentle Pilates" class.

Monday, July 18, 2016 6-7:30 PM
    Gildas Place 3517 Rochester Rd, Royal Oak, MI 48073
    There is no cost for those attending.

For information call, (248) 577-0800 or 248-345-2933

• treelilac
    treelilac Member Posts: 138
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thank you for the info smo23915

• KateB79
    KateB79 Member Posts: 555
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hey, ladies!

I'm shopping for a new oncologist, or at least considering my options. Long story, but I wonder whether any of you in the Lansing area might have some names for me?

I hope you're all having a great summer!

• PlanB58
    PlanB58 Member Posts: 87
    edited July 2016
    Options

I see Dr Rapson and have really liked her Red Cedar Oncology.

• maureen1
    maureen1 Member Posts: 87
    edited August 2016
    Options

I've also been seeing Dr. Rapson for about 4 years now. She and her staff have been wonderful to work with. She has a new partner but I have not met him.

• Frostecat
    Frostecat Member Posts: 223
    edited December 2016
    Options

Bringing up an old thread, but have any of you heard or used Lovely Monkey for Areola tattoos in Whitmore Lake?

• lovesgreenthings
    lovesgreenthings Member Posts: 99
    edited January 2017
    Options

Looking for Michigan BC ladies, let me know if you are on the boards!

Annw

• Stix
    Stix Member Posts: 610
    edited January 2017
    Options

I am on... what do you need answered/

• lovesgreenthings
    edited January 2017
    Options

I am in SE Michigan and looking to get a second opinion after the path report comes in from my surgery on 1/16. Was looking for some recommendations, STIX are you in SE MI too?

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi, I'm in Southeast MI....

• lovesgreenthings
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi Loral!!

Thanks for posting. You have a similar diagnosis to my first BC. I found it easy to manage up until AI time. I failed at that 4 times. Oh well. And failing did not cause my second cancer in the opposite breast. It is a brand spanking new primary. At least it is early stage again.

Did you get a second opinion? I am currently being treated at Troy Beaumont and am very happy with everything there but want a second MO to look at the path report. Will you share where you were treated and any ideas on second opinions? I am considering Karmanos.

Anne

• treelilac
    edited January 2017
    Options

You're welcome to PM me if you still have more questions. :)

• bikefam
    bikefam Member Posts: 98
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi. I have been on BCO for awhile but just found this Michigan page. I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts, but is anyone from Northern Michigan? I am in Gaylord. My MO is in Grayling and my PS is in Traverse City. It's a challenge with large distances between doctors up here. I was dx with DCIS March 2015, had a unilateral MX and delayed implants. Finished May 2016.

• allydp
    allydp Member Posts: 361
    edited January 2017
    Options

I'm still here! :) I live in Livingston County and coming up on my 3 year diagnosis anniversary at the end of the month. I need some fat grafting done to fill in above the implants, but we have been focusing on starting a family. Since I carry the BRCA gene and had a hyster/ooph, our friend is carrying for us and currently 21 week pregnant. We struggled with infertility prior to my diagnosis so this is our miracle baby and we can't wait to be parents! Given all that, the fat grafting is on the back burner indefinitely. :)

Otherwise I feel okay, although mybody will never be the same after treatment. I think most of my symptoms are from medical menopause, but I am here and so very grateful!

Sending love to all you wonderful Michigan Warriors!! xo

• girlstrong
    girlstrong Member Posts: 299
    edited January 2017
    Options

Allydp: your post made me smile Smile. I am so happy for you. I can relate to what your saying about your body never being the same....still we are so very fortunate and grateful beyond words to be here today. I am excited for your baby. what a blessing!

• bikefam
    edited January 2017
    Options

Allydp, How wonderful. Wishing the best of everything for you and your new family.

• treelilac
    edited January 2017
    Options

Congratulations, Allydp!!!

• allydp
    allydp Member Posts: 361
    edited January 2017
    Options

hank you ladies so very much!!

• denise-g
    denise-g Member Posts: 353
    edited January 2017
    Options

Second Opinions - Michigan - I live 8 miles from the Michigan line in Ohio, but am a patient at University of Michigan. Myself, my mom and sister were all diagnosed with breast cancer within 5 years. It has been quite the ride! Anyway, I am a HUGE fan of U of M, their doctors, their tumor board, their surgeons...we have all been treated there and have had absolutely no complaints only glowing compliments for all our doctors and medical staff.

I appreciate the fact that it is "one stop shop". Whatever you need, it is there.

• Tammi100
    Tammi100 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Options

Denise-G - I'm in the Lansing area and also am being treated at UofM.  The drive gets long for appointments (1 1/2 hours), but yes, it is definitely a 1-stop shop!  Getting surgery there was kind of a zoo (recovery room was terrible because I couldn't sleep all night with all 13 patients in the same tented area), but my first infusion appointment was actually nice.  For radiation, I'm strongly considering switching to Lansing because that will be a daily thing.

• silverlake
    silverlake Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Options

Anyone currently getting treatment at Lemmon-Holten on this post?

• BayouBabe
    BayouBabe Member Posts: 1,467
    edited February 2017
    Options

silverlake - I received my first two years of care there, but currently am elsewhere

• crzyldyamy
    crzyldyamy Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    Options

Wow, a lot of Michigan ladies. Has an in person meet and greet been considered?

• denise-g
    denise-g Member Posts: 353
    edited February 2017
    Options

Tammi100 - I did radiation at my local hospital and not U of M because of the drive. However, my sister (we both had left breast cancer) drove daily to U of M because since i was treated they offered Breath Hold Radiation which helped prevent damage to the heart. If your cancer was left breast, you might want to consider it. We all took turns driving her, and it wasn't as bad as we all thought it would be. Sending all my best to you! My sister and I often got chemo at Med Inn..we liked it there as far as infusions go!

• nancyhb
    nancyhb Member Posts: 235
    edited February 2017
    Options

crzyldyamy - there's a small group of us from south-central Michigan that gets together at a vineyar in Jackson from time to time, but we'd be open to other places, too. Now that the weather is getting nicer, it's time to plan another get-together!

• AbbyG
    AbbyG Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2017
    Options

Michgan lady here too, and pretty much anywhere in MI work for me. Hoping everyone has a good night.

• maureen1
    maureen1 Member Posts: 87
    edited February 2017
    Options

sounds good Nancy, would love to get together!

• nancyhb
    nancyhb Member Posts: 235
    edited February 2017
    Options

Wonderful!! Time to start planning another get-together!

• bikefam
    edited February 2017
    Options

I posted this once before, but still looking for any ladies from northern Michigan.