Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any Michigan Ladies?

Options

Comments

• crzyldyamy
    crzyldyamy Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2017
    Options

I would love to meet you guys!

• nancyhb
    nancyhb Member Posts: 235
    edited March 2017
    Options

So sorry I haven't been back online! Sounds like we need to start planning our next get-together!! What is everyone's schedule looking like? Ideas for where we want to meet? Let's get this party started!

• Stix
    Stix Member Posts: 610
    edited April 2017
    Options

Where does everyone live ?

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,294
    edited April 2017
    Options

For anyone looking for a NoMI-er, I have a bc buddy over on the Acoustic Guitar Forum who lives up north (still in the “mitten") near Gaylord. I don't think she's on BCO. Don’t have any Yoopers in my circle of friends who have bc—if they do, they haven’t mentioned it.

My schedule is really hectic—but if I am free within a day before & after, I will try to head out from Chicago. Our last meeting was wonderful (though it won't be the same with Peggy all the way out west in Spokane).

• nancyhb
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi Sandy! Of course we'll let you know when and where. I certainly miss Peggy, hoping we can see her if she ever makes it back this way. I'll be in Chicago sometime this summer so maybe we can connect then too?

Stix, there are a few of us from lower MI that try to get together from time to time - Detroit, Lansing, Jackson, Kalamazoo areas. Where are you located?

Everyone is welcome, whether in Michigan or nearby, or passing through. It's wonderful to connect with others in person

• Stix
    edited April 2017
    Options

I live near troy mi

• butterfly1234
    butterfly1234 Member Posts: 2,038
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi Michigan Ladies,

I just found this thread and recently moved to Michigan. I'm being treated at Beaumont Troy. I completed my 2nd rad today. My dear friends are in another state and it's been difficult though they keep in touch via text. I love this state and I'm enjoying the beginning of spring. Love to all.

• Stix
    edited April 2017
    Options

have any of you ladies lost weight while recovering. I need to drop 10 pounds. I am thinking about starting the a

modified DASH diet - google it

• bikefam
    bikefam Member Posts: 98
    edited April 2017
    Options

Butterfly-Welcome to Michigan. I live way up north (Gaylord), so not close to you. There are a number of ladies on this thread near you, so hopefully you can connect.

• butterfly1234
    edited April 2019
    Options

Thank you!

• Stix
    edited April 2017
    Options

Butterfly. Who is your treating physicians? I was treated there

• Wiegp22
    Wiegp22 Member Posts: 167
    edited April 2017
    Options

I am from the Up of Michi

• bikefam
    bikefam Member Posts: 98
    edited April 2017
    Options

Wiegp22, Where in the UP? I am a troll from Gaylord. Where did you have treatment?

• butterfly1234
    edited April 2019
    Options

Stix - will send you a private message.

I live near Troy area.

• footloose
    footloose Member Posts: 25
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi All, I'm new to this forum. Am from SW MI. Not new to BrCa - 1989,2002,2005,2019

Earlier ones were all DCIS with Lumpectomies, this one IBC and fortunate to have had mastectomy as they found 3 unknown tumors in the tissue at path. My concern now is that all three had different HR findings. 2 HER -, 1 HER +. Has anyone had this happen?? How does it effect treatment??

Had Rt mastectomy Jan 28. Meet with MO this fri {22nd}. It has been great reading all your input. Wish I knew more questions to ask MO, but think you may have answered some right here.

Thanks for being there. I love gardening and have endless seed collections if anyone would like some.

• footloose
    footloose Member Posts: 25
    edited February 2019
    Options

Bikefan- I do get to Grayling a few times a year [husband's a fisherman]. Would be happy to get together sometime when we're there,

• josieo
    josieo Member Posts: 140
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi fellow Michiganians (or Michiganders),

Been here about a year, glad to see some other MIposters. I’m in the far western suburbs of Detroit.

• MiCyn
    MiCyn Member Posts: 29
    edited February 2019
    Options

Can't believe I hadn't noticed this Michigan topic until now. In SE Mi..Did treatments @ Karmanos, surgery @ Beaumont / Troy.

Strock...Oh my.. You have been through alot.

• butterfly1234
    edited April 2019
    Options

I lost this thread for a while. I'm waiting on the results of my genetic testing and feeling very anxious.. My daughter really wants to know if we have any mutations. It took me a while to get the courage to go ahead. I knew I couldn't put if off any longer. How do you all deal with test results anxiety? Hope my fellow Michiganders are all doing well on this rainy Sunday.. Gentle hugs to all.

• Stix
    edited April 2019
    Options

I am from Michigan

• butterfly1234
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi Stix,

We PM'd a couple of years ago. After I have more information from the Genetic Oncologist and my BS, can I PM you when I know my treatment plan? Recently found out I've got a mutation for ATM. Could use some advice re: BMX which I'm assuming will be a recommendation.

Hope all is well.

Butterfly

• Lifeisbeautiful231
    Lifeisbeautiful231 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2019
    Options

good morning

Glad I found this group.

I’m not sure what to do. I found a surgeon here who I like but can not find a plastics that I like.

I did find a surgeon and plastics at Cleveland clinic that I love. Going to hopefully do direct to implant as long as no surprises in surgery.

Just to be sure... any plastic surgeons that you loved here in Michigan ? The problem is my surgeon only works out if troy beiaimont do that limits me.

Thank you for your help

• nancyhb
    edited April 2019
    Options

I *loved* Dr. Momoh ou of U-M. He did my DIEP and is not only a skilled surgeon but has a terrific bedside manner. The other PS I met through U-M was fantastic as well. Where are you located

• Stix
    edited April 2019
    Options

consulted with moh moh. I did not like him at all

• butterfly1234
    edited April 2019
    Options

Any recommendations for.BS out of Troy Beaumont?

• Stix
    edited June 2019
    Options

I went to troy Beaumont. I would go see dr. Dekhne. PM me if needed. She works out of R. O

• josieo
    edited June 2019
    Options

Butterfly,

Drs. Eric Brown and Linsey Gold work out of Troy Beaumont. Absolutely the best in my experience. Skilled, caring and compassionate. Feel free to PM if there is anything I can help you with.

• butterfly1234
    edited June 2019
    Options

Thank you all. I’m seeing Dr. Brown and he’s fabulous!

• josieo
    edited June 2019
    Options

Butterfly,

So glad you are working with Dr. Brown. He is everything his reviews say and more. I can’t find enough good things to say about him. Your care will be excellent, and your outcome great. Rest assured..

• butterfly1234
    edited June 2019
    Options

Thank you Josie for your kind words of encouragement. I really like his PA as well. Very compassionate