Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any Michigan Ladies?

Options

Comments

• Stix
    Stix Member Posts: 610
    edited July 2014
    Options

Day 4 post op. Too Early to tell... But- things are looking good!

• Stix
    edited July 2014
    Options

Day 4 post op- revision, too early to tell yet- but things are now looking better !

• Jo6202
    Jo6202 Member Posts: 165
    edited July 2014
    Options

Stix, that is good news. Prayers for continued good healing.

• Stix
    edited July 2014
    Options

thanks JO

• allydp
    allydp Member Posts: 361
    edited July 2014
    Options

Great news, Stix! Sending you good thoughts and prayers for a full, speedy recovery. 

• Stix
    edited July 2014
    Options

Thanks allydp....Headphones

• Stix
    edited July 2014
    Options

Did anybody have alloderm during implant exchange?  Did you still get the drop and fluff with alloderm?  Mine has dropped in certain areas on the breast- but then it can look stuck upward on the chest (too high - not the same shape) when comparing to the other breast. I know  it still has time to change....also.

thanks

• mmtagirl
    mmtagirl Member Posts: 325
    edited July 2014
    Options

congrats! stix! I have alloderm but you are ahead of me on exchange.  I am not scheduled until October 29.  I will be curious how you do!

• Stix
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi mmtagirl. ..i will keep you posted. I am so tired of looking at it that I am not going to look at it Again  till next week. I prob. Look at it once or maybe twice a day. I am only around 1 week postop. .. so I know a lot can change.  I thought it was dropping too much...but no it has a bit to go...keep u posted

• BayouBabe
    BayouBabe Member Posts: 1,467
    edited July 2014
    Options

stix - I had alloderm, but at initial surgery, so a bit different than you.  I still got the drop and fluff.  

• Stix
    edited July 2014
    Options

thanks bayoubabe.  Thanks for answering everyone!  You put my mind at ease

• Stix
    edited August 2014
    Options

Two weeks post op from revision- Revised by a new PS  The burn from the ice I put on postop is fading gradually with Silvadene.  The shape at this point of the new breast is quite different than the other mastectomy.  Will keep you posted.... I think its too early to tell- possibly also due to the addition of swelling from the ice burn.....

• BayouBabe
    edited August 2014
    Options

Stix - ice burn??? What happened?

• Stix
    edited August 2014
    Options

oh, well. I had ice on my surgical site.... about 15  minutes- it was protected.. and I developed 1st and second degree burns.  It was crazy... Basically It was a frostbite... not sure if it was b/c my skin was so thin there or due to something with surgery with the addition of the cold ice. Either way I think it will resolve. Google Port wine spots on the face- look at the darkest port wine spot under images... you will see what my burn looked like. I started silvadene cream twice a day... last Monday. Made quite a difference. Hoping for no permanent skin color changes with this. The new implant looks funny- not like the other side.  I looked at my photos around 10 days postop from the other side- from a few years back... and it looked funny at two weeks also... so I hope it gains some form over the next few months and looks like the other. If not- I am not sure what I will do. Trying to take it day by day... will keep you posted.  How are you bayoubay?

• BayouBabe
    edited August 2014
    Options

Oh, Stix!  So sorry about this set back.  Ugh!  Hope all resolves soon.  Got my fingers crossed for you and sending healing hugs your way!  I am doing well - today was my colonoscopy, so the last two days have not been the most pleasant!Scared Good news - free and clear, no polyps!  My mom had colon cancer before her other cancer that took her life.  So they watch me closely for colon cancer as well, and lucky me got to start colonoscopies years before the rest of the population my age.  Joy.  

Hang in there Stix.  I know it is hard, but step away from the mirror.  Hopefully you will get the full benefit of the drop and fluff. 

• Stix
    edited August 2014
    Options

Thanks bayoubabe...It has dropped quite a bit actually. But it's only two weeks. My plan was not to look at it except fir every 3 days... then i burnt with ice and i have to apply silvidene twice daily. I was so so glad  i didnt need radiation because i didnt want burns....but I got one anyway...hahaSad... anyway...yep I have done the colon thing early also... My last one a big NEGATIVE..  glad for you too...

• Stix
    edited August 2014
    Options

Burns are definitely getting less noticeable. Would definitely recommend Silvidene cream for those that have burns. This cream was a miracle drug for me. :)- Having patience for that 3 month mark. It actually took about 5 month for mine to almost get to its shape now on the original mx. side. ....  :). Its looking better each day!!!

• BayouBabe
    edited August 2014
    Options

Yay, Stix!  Glad to hear it!

• Stix
    edited August 2014
    Options

Still an unusual shape. ... changing slightly. ..

• The1toC
    The1toC Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2014
    Options

Stix: hope the burn is healing well and you are recovering nicely.  Remember from your other surgeries that likely it is too soon to assess how things settle out in the long run. Be well!

• allydp
    edited August 2014
    Options

Stix - thinking of you. Hope things start to settle into a nice shape soon. 

My BMX with TE's is this Monday. I'm nervous but ready to do this! 

• Stix
    edited August 2014
    Options

Great ally.. good luck.  My revision with disappointments thus far... 3 weeks post op. Shape unlike other side.Planning on posting pictures in the next couple of weeks on the forum....will post on here when i post them. Do people have access to the picture forum?   

• allydp
    edited August 2014
    Options

Thanks, Stix. I have access to the picture forum. 

• mmtagirl
    mmtagirl Member Posts: 325
    edited August 2014
    Options

stix, sorry you aren't so happy with the implants. Hopefully they are still shifting. 

Ally, good luck with your BMX and TEs.  I think you will find that outside of the first few weeks if soreness it is easier on your body than the chemo. We will be thinking of you. 

I don't ha access to the picture forum. Haven't gotten around to asking. My exchange is October 29. I did get good news this week that I don't need to do the final cycle of 3 weekly taxol. Mo doesn't think it will provide any added benefit since I did one round of taxotere. So, only two more treatments of taxol and that chapter is closed!

• Stix
    edited August 2014
    Options

Great mmtagirl girl. I am hoping they are still shifting. I am going to stop comparing it for week.... and see what it looks like after that...    hoping th3 majority of it Is swelling

• BayouBabe
    edited August 2014
    Options

Good luck Ally and Yay mmtagirl!  Stix - it took quite a while for my swelling to go down.  Hang in there!  Let me know when you are on the picture forum, I have access.  Beautiful day here along Lake Michigan - hope all of you are enjoying some great weather as well!  

• Stix
    edited August 2014
    Options

where do you live exactly in michigan bayoubabe?  Sorry, I forgot....    I will let you know when i post.  Will wait a couple of weeks to post...

• BayouBabe
    edited August 2014
    Options

I am in the Grand Haven/Spring Lake/Muskegon area.  Beautiful here.  If anyone is ever on this side of the state - let me know and we will get together.Smile

• Stix
    edited August 2014
    Options

post some pictures of what it looks like there if you have any....:).

• BayouBabe
    edited August 2014
    Options

Not very sunny here today, but here is my back yard.  I am a bit spoiled!HappyMy yard provided great stress relief during my treatments.  This is a bayou off of one of the rivers that drain into Lake Michigan.