Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage III Cancer Survivors .... 10+ Years and Out

Options

Comments

• nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 557
    edited June 2018
    Options

Big ten year congratulations, everyminute!

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 180
    edited June 2018
    Options

Everyminute,Congratulations. on the BIG 10 yrs. ..just wonderful to see you!

• liben
    liben Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Options

Congratulations, Everyminute! Hope your corrective surgery went well.

• dood
    dood Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi Everyminute, I occasionally look you up to see how you are doing, I was also stage 3 and am 9 years out on July 31st, 2018. I was also stage 3-A, grade 2. er and pr positive, her 2 negative.I had reconstruction too and am not too happy with it. I am doing well and live in Utah. I don't write in too much, don't like to think about it too much, but, am still on generic for Aromasin (Exemestane) My oncologist says I could get off of it at 10 years but I am struggling with that. Just about 3 years ago he encouraged me to stay on the drug because he said that many of their stage 3rs were getting the cancer back within 2 years of stopping it. I am assuming you are still on it. Hope that your bone density is ok, I am in the middle (osteopenia). Just struggling with getting off of the drug. Anyway, glad to see you are well.

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,237
    edited July 2018
    Options

congrats to all!

• IrishTwin
    IrishTwin Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2018
    Options

I just saw this thread! So happy for everyone here! I post for my sister who was diagnosed Stage IIIC back in April 2008 (tumour 5cm+ and 16/23 lymph nodes). She has mets to her bones and liver now (currently on Xeloda) but is still going strong and we give thanks every day! In the dark days at the beginning, we never expected 10 years. We're hanging in her living room, watching the World Cup. Lucky and grateful.

• kk2018
    kk2018 Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2018
    Options

Reading these posts to calm me after a rough day of getting my official diagnosis, 1 week after my bmx. It is so uplifting to hear from you all. I plan on posting here in 2028! Thank you all for coming back to share your good news, it is truly a ray of sunshine in these tough early days!

• Sunshine89
    Sunshine89 Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2018
    Options

Kk28 best of luck. You can do that. There are alot of good treatments now. i wish you be cancer free for next 100 years :) whats your treatment plan ?

• kk2018
    kk2018 Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi Sunshine-

I don’t have my official MO appointment until 8/24, but at my MDC back when I was first dx he said 4 dose dense AC and 12 Taxol and the RO said 37 (I think) radiation treatments. I’ve had all my scans so at least there is no bad news hiding there and there are no distant mets. My 40th sure has kicked off with a bang! 🤦🏼♀️🤯

• Sunshine89
    Sunshine89 Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2018
    Options

Congratulations for your clear scan its such a good thing. So one hard step of surgery is done 2 more to go. I also was diagnosed in july 2018 with recurrence, no distant mets Thanks God. going to have my first chemo on 17th Aug. Already have done surgery on 23rd of July. Thinking all positive stuff. I will kick it again for sure :)

• alaskalady
    alaskalady Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2018
    Options

Just celebrated 10 years August 4th !! Thankful for everyday. Enjoying life to it fullest

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited August 2018
    Options

Alaska lady....Thank you and keep leading the way!

• HoneyBeaw
    HoneyBeaw Member Posts: 150
    edited August 2018
    Options

Alaska

That is amazing news, I wish you many more. Thanks for post as it gives the rest of us so much hope .

Huggs

• alaskalady
    edited August 2018
    Options

Thank you HoneyBeaw, When I found this site after I was first diagnosed, I got so much information and encouragement. There are some wonderful women on here. I’m sorry I have not checked in sooner. If there is anyway that I can be of help dealing with this terrible disease, please feel free to ask me anything.

I just saw my doctor today and got the zometa infusion, which still kicks my butt for a few days. She told me she was gonna keep me on the zometa infusions and arimidex for 1 more year, so I’m still struggling with how I feel about that. She told me there has not been any studies on if it’s still beneficial after 10 years. Hugs to you and keep up the fight

• alaskalady
    edited August 2018
    Options

Thank you 7of9, big hugs to you

• lexi4
    lexi4 Member Posts: 59
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hello stage III friends. Just checking in. I’ve celebrated my 13th cancerversary I had a horrible prognosis but thanks to my Oncs and the. Modern medicines, I’m still here :)

My kids were in grade 4 and 8 when i was diagnosed. Ive been there for my oldest’s wedding and my yougest’s college graduation. I feel very thankful and blessed to be here.

I am also thankful to BC.ORG and my stage III friends who helped me get through frightening times. I’m so happy to see familiar names of those who were here before me, sharing updates and cheering us all on. I feel sad to see all the new members to our unfortunate club. But, theres hope. I dont post often but check in now and then. I pray for us all daily. Hang in there. One day at a time.

Hugs and Prayers,

Lex

• stephilosphy00
    stephilosphy00 Member Posts: 161
    edited September 2018
    Options

That's amazing! Thank you for coming back to let us know!

• lkc
    edited September 2018
    Options

Congrats to all!

Lexi, so wonderful to "see" you here! life is so good!

• lexi4
    edited September 2018
    Options

Always happy to see your updates, lkc! Always my supportive pal

• katykaty
    katykaty Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2018
    Options

what a wonderful post Lexi - congratulations! Your thoughtfulness in sharing your success so much appreciated especially from ER- people like me.

• maryannecb
    maryannecb Member Posts: 74
    edited September 2018
    Options

Just doing my annual check in as well. Hi especially to IKC and Lexie, board buddies when times were tough.13 years out for me too! Life is good, planning to retire next year..cause I can! Hang in with treatment and live each day.

Fists up!

• nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 557
    edited September 2018
    Options

Congratulations to you 13-year women! I hope we'll see you here every year, even after to reach 15 and start posting on THAT thread.

• lexi4
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi Marryanne!

I’m so happy to see your update. Yippee! I hope you and your family are doing well!

Hugs,

Lexi

• lkc
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hey Marianne!! great to see you as well! ( I retired this year and couldn't be happier)

So happy to see my old friends!

• texgirl
    texgirl Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2018
    Options

Me too ! I am currently 13 years out and doing well . Still on an AI . Grandmother to 2 almost 3 grandchildren ! I've been blessed for sure !! Just celebrated our 44th anniversary yesterday !

• kar123
    kar123 Member Posts: 72
    edited September 2018
    Options

So glad to hear Texgirl!!!

• lkc
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hey Tex girl,

Good to see you! Welcome to CLUB 13!

• heatherpsalm34-4
    heatherpsalm34-4 Member Posts: 50
    edited October 2018
    Options

Tex Girl, You are an INSPIRATION!!! Thank you for sharing your story. I am have round two of AC tomorrow out of four then to follow with 16 of T. I had 5/8 lymph nodes positive and have been obsessing about recurrence down the road. So encouraged! Thank you!!!

Heathe

• lexi4
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hey Tex Girl! Thanks for sharing and encouraging us all!

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, too

• scar88
    scar88 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2018
    Options

Wow! 13 is great! On Oct. 24th I celebrated my 22 year anniversary! Thankful but to be honest, I deal with a lot of sadness. I know I am blessed but my relationship with my two sisters has simply been 'off' since it happened. I put

on 60 pounds in that 10 month period. After testing positive for BRCA 2 I had the right side and ovaries removed and gained more weight. Don't mean to complain.

It's always been a roller coaster even though I'm off arimidex.

Do you deal with any 'mood swings?' Oh I'm single and no children. I'm fine with it but sometimes I think being married with kids would really help occupy time!

Oh tried to teach for three years but stayed in constant trouble due to severe chemo brain. Lots of trouble being on time, on time with paperwork, unable to get to PTA etc. Still have major major fatigue which I struggle with before breast cancer.

Thanks for listening! Turning in early!