Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
What part of day-to-day life during your breast cancer experience has been most challenging for you? Take our poll.

Stage III Cancer Survivors .... 10+ Years and Out

Comments

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,250
    edited February 2017

Thank you for coming back & posting. It's so good to hear the positive stories.

• mpetago
    mpetago Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2017

5 years of tamoxifen with Lupron Happy

• nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 557
    edited February 2017

Congrats to everyone I've missed here in the last few months. I hope to join you as an initiate in a year.

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited March 2017

Ditto, congrats to all that have posted since I last visited this thread.  Such encouraging post.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,586
    edited March 2017

February 3rd was 11 years since Dx. I see my onc in 10 days with confirmation that NED is still my best friend

• carmelle
    carmelle Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2017

Today is 14 yrs for me...I joined BC.org in 2003. Hugs to all of u!

• ash123
    ash123 Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2017

Carmelle Thank you for posting and Congrats and all the others who come back, post and keep our hopes for the future. Bless all.

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 182
    edited March 2017

Hi Carmelle,

You were/are one of my heroes after i was dxed in 2005. I clung on your hopeful words and am thankful for you. Back then it was really scary! And your words soothed my crazy brain

karen, good to see you myfriend!

I am do grateful that in 2 mos. I ll be celebrating 12 years.!

• fightergirl711
    fightergirl711 Member Posts: 190
    edited March 2017

Still love seeing these posts, keep them coming!

• AliceS
    AliceS Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2017

Linda--lkc--you are to me like Carmelle was to you!!!! THANK YOU--and best wishes to you all---that we may live long happy lives!!!!

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2017

Ikc - 12 nodes!!!! You've got me beat. Thank you thank you for posting. The best gift you can ever give someone...HOPE

• iamelaine
    iamelaine Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2017

I just realized I hit my 13 year mark a couple of weeks ago. I guess it's a good sign that I forgot!

• weesa
    weesa Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2017

Wow, Elaine, that sounds really healthy to me that you actually forgot your cancerversary. In two years when you hit 15 years, please post on my top "15 years" at the top of our stage 3 forum. It is getting a bit lonely!

• live_deliciously
    live_deliciously Member Posts: 183
    edited March 2017

love it. Thanks for sharing Elaine. Wishing you many more years

• nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 557
    edited March 2017

Thanks and congratulations to everyone that's made it to the 10 year milepost. It's definitely encouraging. See you next year!

• iamelaine
    iamelaine Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2017

Weesa, I will be more than happy to post in your "15+ years" thread in a couple of years! I will be more than happy, I will be ecstatic! ;)

• dood
    dood Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2017

Hi All, I will be out 8 years 7-31-2017. I can't believe it. I must be doing something right maybe?? Sometimes I wonder, because it seems like everything you eat is wrong and I can not believe the FDA allows the horrible food dyes that are out there!!! Congratulations to all of you that have made it this far!!

• wallan
    wallan Member Posts: 192
    edited March 2017

Hey everyone:

I was dx March 27,2004 - 13 years ago with stage 3A, 7 CM tumor, ER+/PR+/Her-, grade 3, 2/18 nodes positive, extracapsular extension and lympho-vascular invasion.

Its my cancerversary!!

I have not had a recurrence of this BC. SillyHeart

wallan

• ssinuk
    ssinuk Member Posts: 63
    edited March 2017

Congratulations Wallan!!  7cm is a lot of tumour - woohoo for kicking its ass!!  Very helpful hopeful thank you.  Live it up for all of us.

• hopefour
    hopefour Member Posts: 104
    edited March 2017

Congratulations to all you wonderful posters…Wallan, SSinUK and IamElaine!!! Thank you for coming back and being an encouragement to us all!! Many more years to all of you!!

• kiascia
    kiascia Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2017

b u mp

• oreolau
    oreolau Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2017

On May 10, 2017, I will be an ELEVEN YEAR stage IIIB survivor! Praising God!

• LM070917
    LM070917 Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2017

That's amazing Oreolau! Congratulations! I see you were ER/PR+..did you take any hormone therapy pills and if so how long? Did you do anything different after dx lifestyle wise? thanks and here's to many more years/decades

• bclibrary
    bclibrary Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2017

SOOOOO glad to see this forum. My stage just got bumped to III with 16/17 lymphnodes having cancer after last operation. Starting Letrozole Monday and scared to death, but if it keeps me alive I'll deal with the side effects or change if they're horrendous. Bless you all and I will come on here when I am scared or feeling down like today XXXOOO

B

• live_deliciously
    live_deliciously Member Posts: 183
    edited April 2017

BC library. It gets a little easier every year to deal with the mental trauma we all go thru. Come as often as you need. We are all in the same boat and need each other. Bug hugs

• LittleMissVic
    LittleMissVic Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017

I just wanted to thank you for starting his thread!! 

I'm new to being cancer free so am miles off being able to add to this group but have been so frightened after my path results and needed to see some positivity! Thank you so much X

(I was dx at 33 in Aug 2016 with G3 S2 IDC ER+ 8/8 21mm tumour and positive node. Completed six rounds of neo-adjuvant FEC-T and had surgery (therapeutic mammoplasty and full ANC) in Jan 2017. Path results - G3 S3 with 13/15 nodes still positive and a scattered tumour over 51mm. Full body CT and Bone scan clear. 20 rounds of radio and now Zoladex and Tamoxifen! .....phew...) 

• sugarplum
    sugarplum Member Posts: 75
    edited May 2017

Just hopping in to post my eleven-year cancerversary which I celebrated April 28th (it happened to fall on a Friday again). So happy to be able to share this with my stage III sisters - I was hungry for this kind of story when I was a newbie too!

Best - Julie

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,417
    edited May 2017

Dear LittleMissVic, We are sorry for your diagnosis but so glad that you reached out here. There are many women in this community who are still in the midst of treatment and so we hope that you will also check out some other forums and topics and lend your experiences. We would love for you to stay connected here. Let us know if you need any help navigating and thanks again for introducing yourself here. The Mods

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 1,054
    edited May 2017

LittleMissVic. You've been through the wringer and I wish you well. I've been there done that, with treatment much like yours, and last week I had my annual scan. I'm now four years without a hint of recurrance, and there's every chance you will be likewise down the track.

• castigame
    castigame Member Posts: 336
    edited May 2017

I am having one of those bleep days. Bilateral BC, 1A and 3 A w 4/17 nodes. Clear margin BMX no recon 4DDAC done 4DD taxol and radiation to go. Lost about 15 pounds so far. About 30 pounds overweight before the bombing started so 15 loss w normal eating is quite ok

Been trying very hard. Min 2 hrs per day of stretching or MLD or lymph exercise. I swear I did about 5 hrs plus spread out the entire day. Now my arms ache and swell like there is no tomorrow. And I found out today that I should learn how to hold my breath up to 25 secs for radiations. Another daily exercise to do. Guess I just got to continue. I plan to keep 50 yr promise to my hubby. One life to live and one choice to make

Time to go for a walk w hubby