Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage III Cancer Survivors .... 10+ Years and Out

Options

Comments

• lexica
    lexica Member Posts: 138
    edited June 2019
    Options

HomeMom - sorry to hear that, but I so get you about the PTSD and the treatment room. I go for monthly Lupron shots now, but when I first re-entered that room after treatment was done, I swear I almost passed out. They should at least warn us!

• Artista964
    Artista964 Member Posts: 376
    edited June 2019
    Options

I think any possible % of staving off is worth a shot if the ses are doable.

• victoriasecret
    victoriasecret Member Posts: 37
    edited June 2019
    Options

Woot woot made it !!!

love Cheryl

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    edited June 2019
    Options

10 yrs thank you Cheryl !!!

• Sportymom
    Sportymom Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2019
    Options

I really appreciate seeing all if the encouraging posts. I am a newbie who finally has her plan but am admittedly scared.

I met with MO yesterday and I have my treatment plan. After being told that my cancer is not acting typically and that it is a shit cancer (my father, husband, and myself appreciate his candor) in that it is too small ( 11 mm and 2 mm in my axillary region) to normally have infected all four of my sentinel nodes (three with my macromets and one with micromets) he postulated that it has been spitting out cancer to the lymph nodes for a while. His main concern Is that it is grade 3/3 (UK terms as he was originally trained there).

He then went on to discuss everything including my 10 year survival broken down by doing nothing then by adding each and every treatment. He discussed how I was ER+ and how and where estrogen is made. Then he stated that my high PR+ was probably the thing that will save my life. Which is why my treatment plan looks like the following:

Zoladex injection every three months to put me into menopause likely this upcoming week (he did tell me dad and husband I might be a wee bit cranky 😀). I have to wait a week after the injection to receive my chemo

Three cycles of FEC (fluoruracil/epirubicin(otherwise know as adriamycin)/cyclophosphamide). One infusion every three weeks

Three cycles of docetaxal (taxotere)

He also wants me in an exercise clinical trial during chemo as I am already acting and am hoping to remain active during treatment.

Then the radiation will start after chemo and so will the tamoxifen until I get my ovaries removed and then I will be on AIs.

He would also like me to receive zolendronate when I start receiving my Tamoxifen.

Needless to say I am very nervous as I want to be able to complete all the treatments and have a good response toincrease my chances of survival.

Hugs and love to everyone going through this.

• dood
    dood Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hi all, I was 10 years out on July 31, 2019. Onco suggests to get off of Arimedex, am too scared to do it. I wonder where I can get a cheap pet scan to just look over everything!! Any suggestions???

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    edited August 2019
    Options

congrats dood! I don't think there's such a thing as cheap pet scan. They don't just do scans. You have to show symptoms. Talk to your mo about ways to reduce chances to progress like diet and exercise.

• trinigirl50
    trinigirl50 Member Posts: 158
    edited October 2019
    Options

I have been thinking about this a lot. Maybe you can ask for a CTC test (Circulating Tumour Cell)? Then if you have no CTCs, you may feel reassured to get off the AI. On the other hand if you do have CTCs then that might just scare the bejesus out of you, so it's a damned if you do/damned if you don't scenario. I am hoping by the time I come up to 10 years there will be a test I can take, something that lets you know if the AI is still working. With my diagnosis I should probably be on Femara until my bones collapse, but I feel and look 20 years older than I am on this drug, and I can't wait to get off it.

• kim40
    kim40 Member Posts: 125
    edited September 2019
    Options

10 years here! Don’t post or visit that often but we are still here!

• kim40
    kim40 Member Posts: 125
    edited September 2019
    Options

10 years here! Don’t post or visit the site much but we are still out there!

• francesca30
    francesca30 Member Posts: 63
    edited September 2019
    Options

thank you @kim40 for coming back to share this milestone . Cheers to many more years

• anna-33
    anna-33 Member Posts: 108
    edited September 2019
    Options

Tnx for coming back! Gives hope

• trinigirl50
    trinigirl50 Member Posts: 158
    edited September 2019
    Options

wonderful news. thanks for posting kim40.

• Aseye
    Aseye Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2019
    Options

hello I have been diagnosed with stage 3 IDC almost through with chemo AC+ T I was wondering if you share with us what you did after treatment that you think helped with surviving this long

Thank you

• Aseye
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hello realised you're er+ but was not put on hormonal therapy. I'm about to complete chemo I will do rads to my doctor is talking about hormonal treatment but I'm not sure about that. Can you share with us what you think you did after treatment in terms on diet you think helped with beating the disease for this long?

• ALovingDaughter
    ALovingDaughter Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2019
    Options

hii! What treatments did you undergo

• ALovingDaughter
    ALovingDaughter Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2019
    Options

hi! What chemo did u undergo and what food did u eat

• kimber3006
    kimber3006 Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2019
    Options

So after thinking about my big 10 year milestone coming up several times over the last few weeks, I finally hit it on Saturday and.....I forgot. When I was first diagnosed I was so shocked by the people many years out who didn't remember every detail of their diagnoses anymore, and didn't think I could ever forget a single thing about mine. The date 11/9 kept catching my eye that day, but it wasn't until last night that I remembered why. So here I am, 2 days late, to finally post on the thread I so aspired to!

Nice to "see" you again kim40!

Love to all!

• HoneyBeaw
    HoneyBeaw Member Posts: 150
    edited November 2019
    Options

Kimber

So happy that you forgot for 2 days. That is a big high 5, I truly pray for that day as some days Im not sure Im going to make it to the next. The letrozole they have me on is giving me fits most days with bone pain

• kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hi You all!! Tada.... I made it . Each year came back to post on the five year thread but this year I get to join this amazing group . Ten years ago I got to check off all the great boxes ( cancer, stage 3 , grade 3 positive nodes etc etc) the five year thread was the first reality check . People really do survive ? That thread saved me from the dark thoughts . So to those just starting the craziness of appointments , chemo and all the other cancer related stuff, Here we are the stage three folks ten years and beyond. So happy to plant myself here and I will aggravate you all once a year to sy hi . Thank you to the many who post here and thank you for sharing. Your stories ten years ago saved me from myself. Love to you all.

Kim

• Fissy81056
    Fissy81056 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2019
    Options

God Bless you

• ck55
    ck55 Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2019
    Options

Just had my 13 year anniversary of diagnosis on Saturday (11/9). Other than dealing with lymphedema my life feels pretty normal. Whatever that is! 😜

Cyndi

• nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 556
    edited November 2019
    Options

Congrats to all the 10+ anniversaries!

• Aseye
    edited November 2019
    Options

Can you share with us what you did after treatment that helped?

• Aseye
    edited November 2019
    Options

can you share with us what you think contributed to BED after treatment?

• Aseye
    edited November 2019
    Options

sorry I meant NED

• Aseye
    edited November 2019
    Options

Amen I tap into your blessings

• Aseye
    edited November 2019
    Options

wow I am so encouraged I have 21/22 nodes

• newnorm
    newnorm Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hi all

I just wanted to say thanks to all the ladies that keep coming back here to post. It really helps those of us in the earlier stages to hang in there. I'm coming up to my 3 year cancerversary and I'm having a wobbly time at the moment with aches and pains from Femara and my body just not keeping pace with my mind and my life. So thank you. I keep coming back here and your messages give me hope. Keep posting ladies. Love to you all.

Keryn

• ilovemymom4ever
    ilovemymom4ever Member Posts: 29
    edited November 2019
    Options

hi! my mom just got diagnosed with stage 3b breast cancer, er pos and her2 pos. can any of the survivors here share a piece of advice when it comes to diet and lifestyle for her chance of survival to increase?