Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage III Cancer Survivors .... 10+ Years and Out

Options

Comments

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    edited May 2016
    Options

My question is: Does the anxiety go away when you are still visiting your MO for blood work? I go today at 1:30 and I'm just feeling like I'm rolling the dice every time!

• AliceS
    AliceS Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2016
    Options

Yes, at least for me, the anxiety diminishes little by little every time I've had a treatment, bloodwork, etc. I feel much less fear, much more positive than I did a little over a year and a half ago. Know of so many success stories--I have lots of hope. I exercise regularly, have a healthy diet (mostly! :) and try to live a healthy lifestyle. Still have a glass of wine every night. Someone on one thread said--don't let the fear, worry, etc. ruin your life and happiness. That would mean that the cancer won! Hopefully, we have many many great years ahead! Good philosophy.

• LM070917
    LM070917 Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Congratulations sugarplum, Jennie_ca and ika! You are all such inspirations to us all. It's so good to know that there are many stage 3 survivors out there and doing well several years out of diagnosis. I can only hope my fate will be similar. Wishing you all the best for the future 😀
  • Naomi
    Naomi Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi everyone, it is that time of year again for me to say hello!  I promised myself I would check in every cancerversary.  It's been 11 years since my dx.  All is well.  Wish more women would check in, but, you just get so busy with everyday stuff.  This is a good place to come to if you need someone to chat with or want to know about the latest tx etc. Lots of smart and brave women. :)   

• kar123
    kar123 Member Posts: 72
    edited May 2016
    Options

Thank you so much Naomi!!! Awesome news!

• live_deliciously
    live_deliciously Member Posts: 183
    edited May 2016
    Options

naomi. Congrats and thanks so much for sharing your joy with us newbies. Totally awesome!

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited May 2016
    Options

Naomi thanks so much for letting us newbies know. It gives such hope.

• jenni__ca
    jenni__ca Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2016
    Options

OK !! 12 year anniversary !!! still have my eyes set on that 15 year thread !!!

• Milwmama
    Milwmama Member Posts: 84
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thanks Naomi and Jenni!!

• live_deliciously
    edited June 2016
    Options

Woop, woop. Way to go gals. Keep coming back and posting. We love it!

• tzane2
    tzane2 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016
    Options

10 years this month!! Feel great.

• tzane2
    tzane2 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016
    Options

10 years this month!! Feel great.

• live_deliciously
    edited July 2016
    Options

Yahoo! So happy for you. Thanks for coming back and sharing your success. Love it.......

• ash123
    ash123 Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you jenni,Naomi and tzane2 for coming back and posting. You are highly appreciated.

• Valstim52
    edited July 2016
    Options

thanks so much for posting. It gives me hope

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,237
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you Jennie, ,Naomi and tzane2 for coming back and posting and encouraging us. Love when those that have many years with no reoccurrence stop by and remind us. When in the midst of treatment or only a few years from original DX it gets tough. Thanks to all of those that come back to courage and support! 💝💝💝💝. It is needed and appreciated.

• lexi4
    lexi4 Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hello stage III sisters!

Checking in as my 11 year cancerversary is coming up at the end of the month.

I still see my oncologist every 6 mos. Have minor aches and pains, but feel good for the most part :)

My son, who was 13 when I was diagnosed, was married this past April. He is 24 and a great son!

My daughter, was 9 at the time of my diagnosis, is now 20 and a junior in college. I feel blessed and fortunate to have been able to reach these milestones! Also, celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary with my sweet sweet husband.

I am very happy to come back to BCO and share my milestones. This site was a lifesaver for me!

Shoutout to all of my stage III sisters! I continue to pray for us and am so hopeful that a cure/ vaccine is close .

Hugs and Prayers,

Lexi

• AliceS
    AliceS Member Posts: 74
    edited August 2016
    Options

Gives me such a lift to see your post--- LOTS of hope! Seems like HER2 -er-pr stage 3 are not too common on the site. So VERY happy for you that you have done well and MOST importantly to see your children grow up. 

• LM070917
    LM070917 Member Posts: 68
    edited August 2016
    Options

Congratulations lexi, that's amazing news! You are an inspiration. Here's to many more decades

• JustKeepSwimming44
    JustKeepSwimming44 Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2016
    Options

Congrats Lexi! Wonderful to hear 😊

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,237
    edited August 2016
    Options

Congrat's Lexi! Here is to many more

• Valstim52
    edited August 2016
    Options

Congrats Lexi..... Yay to many more

• lkc
    lkc Member Posts: 180
    edited August 2016
    Options

Naomi and Lexi , fellow stage III bc sisters from 2005! So happy to see you , and know you are both well . Welcome to 11 years of gratitude and blessings!

For the new ones: there are many of us out there busy living our lives., way beyond BC .

Blessings to you all

• SpunkyGirl
    SpunkyGirl Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2016
    Options

I'm here, but posting my story in the Stage III General forum...:

• Nancy10102006
    Nancy10102006 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2016
    Options

Just 5 days away from 10 years! Still seeing oncologist every 6 months and believe she is a life-saver! Congrats to all survivors!

• reflect
    reflect Member Posts: 280
    edited October 2016
    Options

Wow Nancy, that is marvelous. Thank you for that encouraging post.

• ash123
    ash123 Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2016
    Options

Thank you for your post, such a hope lifter. Congrats Nancy and many more years .

• denise-g
    denise-g Member Posts: 353
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi Nancy, CONGRATULATIONS!!  We were diagnosed on the same date, but I was five years after you!  You will be my inspiration for 10 years!  Thanks for sharing!!!  

• maryannecb
    maryannecb Member Posts: 74
    edited October 2016
    Options

Just got to my 11th year out as well..still NED..still going strong..Hi to Lexi and Linda!

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited October 2016
    Options

Congrats Nancy and maryannecb! Love these posts!