Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

WOO HOO! Now a 12 year survivor of Stage 4 breast cancer!!!!

Comments

• cheery
    cheery Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2014

Woodylb

Nice of you to check in during your hols! :) Sorry to hear about the flu though, I hope the beautiful sights and fresh air will aid your recovery soonest! Warmest regards

• Woodylb
    Woodylb Member Posts: 935
    edited May 2014

thanks cheery , i am better and today i ended my visit at lady of fatima and prayed for all of us. God bless you and i hope tdm1 is doind a goid job on your cancer. Big hugs:)))

• denny123
    denny123 Member Posts: 1,536
    edited May 2014

Woody,

So glad that you are feeling better!  Enjoy and send lots of prayers!   :o)

Denise

• car2tenn
    car2tenn Member Posts: 132
    edited May 2014

I am stage four since original diagnosis in Dec. 2013.   I take such thrill in reading your account...You surely must know that for whatever reason you are a shining beacon to those of us hoping to have great success.  Do you attribute your excellent success to anything that can be duplicated such as diet, exercise, doctor, supplements...Good continued luck to you. Carolyn from Fl/Tn

• Woodylb
    edited May 2014

Denise, 

The visit was beautiful and extremely fulfilling, to see so many people praying in such fervor , walking on their knees , crawling on their bellies, made my problem seem so little. Lots and lost of prayers are sent to you and to many on this board. I hope in june you hear good news . Awaiting for my scan results i should get them by tomorrow and hoping for the best. Meanwhile, i will attend my son's high school graduation and saturday , and i will do the bone scan on sunday. How have you been? 

• denny123
    edited May 2014

Woody-I sure hope that your results are okay!

I am okay-will get another Kadcyla this Friday.  So glad that you have the energy to do so much!

• denny123
    edited May 2014

Carolyn,

NO supplements!!!  They can negate the effects of chemo!.

I do have a great onc, do moderate exercise-yoga, pilates, treadmill and freeweights.

Diet is a no-brainer-I read up on everything and avoid the obvious foods that are bad for BC patients, and almost everybody-avoid preservatives, fried, high fat, high carb, alcohol, etc.

I am a true miracle, I know.  I sometimes think maybe it helps that I have been a coordinator/trainer for Reach to Recovery of ACS, as a volunteer.

I have counseled Stage 4 BC & recurrence patients for 11 years, and it is great to be able to help them through their treatments.

And as I talk to them I learn about the new tx and how they work and the SE's.

• Woodylb
    edited May 2014

Hi  Denise,

I hope you are well and I also hope you continue to be a miracle :) may God bless you. I got my scans results back and saw my MO , the liver tumors have all diminished in texture the small ones you really cannot see anymore they almost look like normal tissue. The largest one changed in size from 25mm to 18mm and also is changing in texture and parameters. They will not do more chemo, they believe after the last two i did my blood would not take more of it and also the do not believe two more session will do much more than this. They are happy with the results. I started aromasin today and in two month i will have another scan. I am leaving for the summer to my country to settle my don for college, so upon my arrival i will have a PET scan as it may show more of the activity on the liver. As for the bones, frankly they are less and less convinced it is bone mets and they don't want to put me trough a biopsy as the treatment is the same. Imam starting to regain strength after the carboplatin, it is a killer lolll. 

Keep me updated and i hope you keep doing well. Big hug. 

• SyrMom
    SyrMom Member Posts: 575
    edited May 2014

Woodylb ... great news, so happy for you!   Pls. keep us posted on your exper. with the aromasin. 

• Woodylb
    edited May 2014

Thank you Syrmom, i hope the shrinking continues and that Aromasin is kind to me . I hope you are well also, i will keep you posted. Hugs. 

• denny123
    edited May 2014

Woody-I had Aromasin and no SE's at all.  It didn't work for my node mets though...

Sounds great about your liver!  My liver showed a 3cm met for months, but it turned out to be only scar tissue.

It is now gone.  The liver does indeed regenerate itself.

I pray that all will continue to go well for you!

• Woodylb
    edited May 2014

Thank you Denise for the encouragement , i hope the PET will show if there is still an activity  or not in the liver or somewhere else in the body. I will do it mid june. I have been taking Aromasin for 4 days so far i feel no SE. For how long did you take it? I know you are due for a scan in june when will you do it? And how are you feeling so far on kadcyla? Keep me posted. 

• denny123
    edited May 2014

I think my scan will be the beginning of July.  Hard to fit it in with the holiday, will see onc. July 11. Imaging hasn't called yet to schedule it.

I had Aromasin for 4 months with Herceptin, but it didn't work for the nodes behind my sternum.

But it is being used a lot now for Advanced Stage ladies..  

NO SE's at all.

Kadcyla is kicking my butt-extreme fatigue, nausea for the first week, etc.  But doable.

• Woodylb
    edited May 2014

I am sorry kadcyla is tiring you Denise and it pray it works on your nodes and makes them disappear . I applaud your attitude though doable is always better than cracking :) . I hope by next week will bring good news after the scan . Keep me posted. I will keep praying and will never stop. 

I hope Aromasin will succeed in making mine disappear ... 

Take good care of yourself 

• denny123
    edited June 2014

Thanks!  My PET scan will be July 8 and I will see my onc on the 11th.  They always used to give me the PET results earlier, but are bulking now.

At least, I should be able to get the results right before I see my onc.

• Woodylb
    edited June 2014

I will pray for you so you get good results and that the kadcyla worked on your node. Keep me posted Denise ThumbsUp. During my chemo and a little before the second dx the site of my axillary dissection was swollen and even during chemo now after one weekon Aromasin it almost returned to  normal ...I think this is were the cancer spread from and when i asked my MO about it he said it doesn't matter and it does not make a difference if i remove it or try to find out from where the cancer spread since it is already out of the breast. What do you think? 

• denny123
    edited June 2014

I agree.  I counsel so many ladies who are heck-bent on trying to figure out where the BC started.  But once it has spread, that is no longer a question that should be addressed.

and you sure don't want them to be messing with your axillary nodes that will cause lympedema.

BTW-I have node masses.

Prayers back at you!!!

• Woodylb
    edited June 2014

Thank you Denise , the prayers won't stop as i know of no other way to fight this except faith. Don't forget to update me as soon as you have your results, so we can celebrate together :))) God's willing. 

• wildrumara
    wildrumara Member Posts: 109
    edited June 2014

Denise - By chance do you live in Western, PA (Pittsburgh area)? 

• denny123
    edited June 2014

Wild--yes I do!  Are you in this area too?

• wildrumara
    wildrumara Member Posts: 109
    edited June 2014

I thought maybe you were!   Yes, I live in Cranberry TWP...... I am a reach to recovery volunteer also.  I feel like I might have met you at a training meeting???  Can't tell by your picture though.......?

• denny123
    edited June 2014

Was that at the Doubletree Hotel?  Yes, Dianne, my co-person, and I, were trainers that day.

Add 15 pounds, glasses, longer hair....that would be me.

I was helping with recurrence then, but actually got my own recurrence the following year.....lucky me.

• Woodylb
    edited June 2014

Hi Denise,

Just checking any news from your scan? Wishing you the best news ever along with my humble prayers... 

• denny123
    edited June 2014

Hi Woody,

My scan isn't until July 8.  But thanks for thinking of me!

• Woodylb
    edited June 2014

lolllll , Sorry Denise for some reason i thought the scan is in june , then i will check on you again . Till then i wish you peaceful and healthy days :).

• denny123
    edited June 2014

No problem.  Hope you are doing well!

• buckhold
    buckhold Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2014

Brilliant, so pleased for you!

• jan125
    jan125 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2014

So glad to see you are doing well. I am 8 years out this past May. still doing treatments, but still here! Good Luck!

• Sue2009
    Sue2009 Member Posts: 96
    edited June 2014

we need a "like" button, this is so inspiring to hear!!!

• Woodylb
    edited June 2014

Hi Denise , 

I hope you are well and that your SEs are treating you nicely. I had my PET scan two days ago in my country. I am happy to tell you no bone mets youppiiii, as for the liver the pet showed only three tumors left out of the 10. I will get the written report complete in two days and discuss it with my MO here along with my original MOs . The doc here seems to think aromasin alone will not Work . My treating doctors seems to think while that may be true they cannot tell before three months on the med. i am refusing the Aromasin/affinitor combo because of the horrible side effects and the quality of life that goes with it. 

Now i am waiting to see the oncologist here to see what he says about the Pet results and take it from there. He kind of put a damper on my happiness about the results. While he wants to go straight to heavy chemo the others prefer to do things slowly as long as it is stable so they don't mess with my quality of life. What do you think? I would appreciate your input .