Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Quote of the day...☺️

Options

Comments

• Loveforlife
    Loveforlife Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2014
    Options

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I'm home. Still not feeling great,but at least I'm not in the hospital!

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited March 2014
    Options

Welcome home! Good to hear that, now just hang in there and get better!

• AmyJM
    AmyJM Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2014
    Options

loveforlife - glad you are home - I hope you are feeling much better soon!

Hugs, Amy

• Loveforlife
    Loveforlife Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2014
    Options

“People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle.” 

Thích Nhất Hạnh

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited March 2014
    Options

loveforlife, so glad you are back home.  It is so much easier to recover at home where you can rest comfortably in your own surroundings.  

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited March 2014
    Options

"The most violent element in society is ignorance."   Emma Goldman

TheDivineMrsM, thanks for the March 13th quote and photo. It's just what I needed today, and I saved it for future inspiration.

• Brendatrue
    edited March 2014
    Options

"What I am in the eyes of most people - a nonentity, an eccentric or an unpleasant person - in short the lowest of the low ... even if that were absolutely true, then I should one day like to show what such a nobody has in his heart."

Vincent Van Gogh

• Jill49
    Jill49 Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2014
    Options

Loveforlife - I am glad you are home and hope that you are feeling better soon.  Thanks for the beautiful quote.  It's a good reminder to be present moment by moment.

• Brendatrue
    edited March 2014
    Options

For peace of mind, we need to resign as general manager of the universe.     Larry Eisenberg

• Mompsych
    Mompsych Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2014
    Options

But Brenda...so hard to let go!

• Linda-n3
    edited April 2014
    Options

"Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: If you're alive, it isn't." - Richard Bach

(By the way, I didn't know who this was - it is the author of "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" amongst other works)

• AmyJM
    edited April 2014
    Options

Great quote, Loveforlife, and Brenda, I like the one about not trying to be general manager of the universe - I need to remind myself of that one sometimes!  I hope all are having pain-free, SE free days today.

Love to all,  Amy

• stagefree
    stagefree Member Posts: 360
    edited April 2014
    Options

hopefully...

• Brendatrue
    edited April 2014
    Options

Ebru, been missing you....

"Humans think they are smarter than dolphins because we build cars and buildings and start wars, etc., and all that dolphins do is swim in the water, eat fish, and play around. Dolphins believe that they are smarter for exactly the same reasons."    Douglas Adams

• AmyJM
    edited April 2014
    Options

Me too, Ebru - I was thinking of sending you a message - it'd been so long since I'd seen a post of yours - glad to see you back!  And Brenda, I love the dolphin quote!  I lot of truth/wisdom in that.  : )

Hugs to all, Amy

• stagefree
    edited April 2014
    Options

Dear all,

I missed & thought of each and all of you .. had some issues to deal with.. Now back! :)

Let me try to translate the quote:

With me, yet in Yemen (meaning very far away)..In Yemen, yet with me (all the time) Prophet Muhammed..

That's how I feel about you all.. no distances between the hearts.. we ARE soul sisters, I feel it. And so grateful for it. 

Hugs & love all

Ebru

• stagefree
    edited April 2014
    Options

And another one..

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
    Marcel Proust

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,061
    edited April 2014
    Options

glad you are back ebru, i missed you

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited April 2014
    Options

Ebru, your friendship makes me happy!  So happy to see you back :)

• stagefree
    edited April 2014
    Options

thank you all my dear sisters.. mmm .. many have joined, quite worried & some progressed.. OK… let us look for something to bring back the sister-spirit they need :) off to work….

• stagefree
    edited April 2014
    Options

indeed!!!

hugs & love

Ebru

• Brendatrue
    edited April 2014
    Options

Ebru, What a great laugh you gave me!

Now, here's one I'd like to have as a tattoo (if I ever decide to get one, that is).

• stagefree
    edited April 2014
    Options

Ouch Brenda, that's a lot of needle work? Sure you haven't had enough poking yet?

Hugs

Ebru

• Brendatrue
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hmmm...you're right, Ebru. Maybe a t-shirt instead?

• Linda-n3
    edited April 2014
    Options

Brenda, DEFINITELY the t-shirt!!!!  Happy

"There is nothing stronger in the world than gentleness." - Han Suyin

This really spoke to me, especially as I am remembering Chickadee and several other BCO friends that we have lost in the last year.

I did a little background look for Han Suyin. It is the pen name of a physician and author Rosalie Matilda Kuanghu Chou; she wrote "Love is a Many Splendored Thing" and a whole bunch of novels in the early to mid-1900s. Just a little trivia.

• Brendatrue
    edited April 2014
    Options

Linda, your latest quote is quite thought provoking. Thanks for sharing it and the background info on Han Suyin. Given the recent photo you shared on "Teri's thread," you might like the following. I hope others do as well.

"If you are inclined to look for the meaning of life, get thee to a garden. There are profound reasons why the garden is central in the sacred texts of major religions. Since ancient times, it has been the place where the soul goes to exercise, while simultaneously engaged in a multilayered dance with earth, plants, sun, birds, bees, hummingbirds, butterflies, night and day, temperature, the faithful earthworm, water, minerals, fragrance, a cast of thousands of microorganisms, our stalwart friends the fungi, chlorophyll, nectar. I think of it as a ballet in the biosphere."

George Ball (Chairman of the Burpee Company and former president of the American Horticultural Society) 

• Linda-n3
    edited April 2014
    Options

Brenda, all I can say to THAT quote is "AMEN!!!!" Smile

• intothewoods
    intothewoods Member Posts: 179
    edited April 2014
    Options

Wow, Brenda! What a great quote. As a newbie to this forum, thanks to you, to Ebru and to all the contributors of this thread. I love, love love quotes!

• AmyJM
    edited April 2014
    Options

Brenda,

I love that quote too!  I love to spend time in the garden and that says it so well!

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited April 2014
    Options

ah, but for the allergies!  No more gardening with lung mets .... Breathing is my # 1 priority.  I miss it, though I do give my DH instructions about what to plant where!!