Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Metastatic Caregivers: Join us bi-weekly for our virtual support group. Register here.

Husbands/Partners of Stage IV Breast Cancer

Options
15678911»

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

@mswife Have you considered joining our Stage IV Caregiver Zoom Meetup? You may find some comfort discussing the fears and struggles you're experiencing with others virtually face-to-face.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

Virtual Meetup on Talking to Children About Terminal Illness: The most difficult of conversations

TODAY, Aug 9, 2023 12:00 pm ET

Register HERE or share this link: https://breastcancer-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwrd-yvqjwvGtZ7Hafdj1gAVHrIVBt4M9Uc#/registration

Kelly Grosklags, LICSW, BCD, FAAGC will lead this one-time session with Breastcancer.org. She is an experienced therapist who dedicated her practice to minimizing suffering through her work in oncology, palliative care, and hospice. Kelly is a licensed clinical social worker, a board-certified diplomate in clinical social work, and a fellow of the American Academy of Grief Counseling. She is the author of A Comforted Heart: An Oncology Psychotherapist Perspective on Finding Meaning and Hope During Illness and Loss. Her website can be found here: https://conversationswithkelly.com

NOTE: This meeting will be recorded for future use

• mswife
    mswife Member Posts: 66
    Options

Bumping this thread

• andy280
    andy280 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2
    Options

Question from a Caregiver.

My wife was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer with mets to bone in Jan 2022

iBrance and Kisqali worked but had side effects.

Since Oct 2022, my wife has been on Verzenio(Abemaciclib) and is tolerating it well with clear scans.

Is there anyone who has been on Verzenio for many years and how are the medium to long term prospects?

Thanks a ton!

Wife(Stage IV, diagnosed Jan 2022, Mets to Bones, Location: California)

Hormone receptor (HR)-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer

Medicines: Verzenio(Abemaciclib)

denosumab (Xgeva) estrogen receptor positive

fulvestrant (Faslodex)

goserelin (Zoladex)

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

@andy280 I have beenon Verzenio 3 1/2 years. It did a great job on my liver mets and I've been NED almost 3 years. Scans are starting to show signs of possible recurrence, but it's not clear yet.

I'm glad your wife is tolerating the treatment well, and I wish you the best of luck.

• andy280
    andy280 Member Posts: 3
    Options

@seeq Thanks a lot for the information!

Hoping the best for you and hoping your scans once again are clear

• jhj0112
    jhj0112 Member Posts: 18
    Options

@andy280 my wife was diagnosed with the same (IV, bone mets) on December 13, 2018.

She has been on Ibrance and Zoladex since Dec 2018. I have seen many other case that one drug works for a long time.

• jhj0112
    jhj0112 Member Posts: 18
    Options

@mswife I hope your husband is doing well. my wife is still on the first line and the last CT scan came back clean.. stay strong! :)

• jrmartin
    jrmartin Member Posts: 1
    Options

All of your words and hopes and stories have touched me deeply. I am not by nature a care giver, but it’s what my wife needs right now, and i plan on insuring she gets it. Just want to let you know that your words truly help others beyond you own family circles. God bless you all.

• basquemomma
    basquemomma Member Posts: 7
    Options

I was diagnosed with Stage IV almost 5 years ago after having been in remission from Stage 3A BC for 15 years. I started Verzenio therapy with Anastrozole about 4 years 8 months ago for possible mets to the bone in one very small spot that hasn't shown in scans for probably 4 years and mets in my plural cavity (the sac that surrounds the lung). I responded well and haven't had any evidence of disease for probably about 4 years. I have become a little anemic, have trouble keeping my B12 up, and have had severe stomach cramping over the last 3 years. The worst of all of that has been the stomach issues as that has been extremely painful, but I think I might have figured out the problem. My second dose at night is usually as I'm going to bed so I was taking it and laying down right away. I am now sitting up for at least a 1/2 hour and so far I haven't had an episode for about 4 weeks when I was having one every week or two. I am very pleased with how I have been doing on Verzenio.