Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Life does not end with a stage IV diagnosis (really!)

Options
1135136137138139141»

Comments

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 886
    Options

@eleanora add to that there was flooding and solar flairs. I agree the next thing should be a cure for cancer. It's time the find a cure. I have been reading about a vaccine to both cure and possibly prevent cancer but it too early.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

I had not seen the news about Etna's smoke rings. I lived on the side of Mt Etna for a little over a year, then in a community nearby. It was such a great experience for the kids, and for us.

• eleanora
    eleanora Member Posts: 297
    Options

@seeq

We were in Sicily for 4 days at the end of November/beginning of December last year, and Etna erupted to greet us!

It is an incredibly historical area and I learned so much in a very short time. You must have had a wonderful experience living there.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

@eleanora We really did have a great experience. It's a very different lifestyle there andxthe people were super friendly. It's much more family-centric than here and laid back...except for the the driving! 😲

Etna was very active - always doing something - belching gas or ash - we could see the lava flows at night from our neighborhood one of the times she erupted. They say all that activity makes her safer, since she regularly releases pressure.

My kids have a much broader view of the world, because of that experience.