Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Life does not end with a stage IV diagnosis (really!)

Comments

• Sattipearl
    Sattipearl Member Posts: 84
    edited December 2016

Amy, how BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing these. I almost feel like there in person!

Love,

Patti

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,460
    edited December 2016

Those are very beautiful pictures. Handsome couple of lovely family as well. You of course glowed as the mother of the bride as well. Looked like a great day.

• Wendy3
    Wendy3 Member Posts: 872
    edited December 2016

Amy thank you so much for Shari g those beautiful pics, I felt like I was there. I'm so happy for you and your a very beautiful woman wow

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,607
    edited December 2016

Oh wow AmyQ! What beautiful photos. The wedding gown is gorgeous! Love the bridesmaids gowns and the adorable jr bridesmaids, too. The photo of the happy couple gazing at each other brought tears to my eyes!

Terrific photo of you, too! Your daughters are the picture of you!

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    edited December 2016

Amy, I'm so happy that you were able to be there and enjoy and share this beautiful moment with your daughter. The pics are gorgeous. I hope and pray they have a long wonderful life together.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited December 2016

Amy, I was thinking about you all weekend, knowing that your daughter's wedding would be beautiful. You even had the snow that you were hoping for. Amazing! I can't decide which picture I like best. They are all beautiful, and everyone looks radiant. I am not sure that my grandchildren would have sat as patiently as yours did. Congratulations to you and your family. Thank you for sharing your happy event with us. WOOHOO! Now you should relax and take it easy for a bit. You have been on quite a wild ride for the past few months.

Big hugs, Lynne

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited December 2016

Amy

Beautiful beyond words

Welcome to all the newbies   None of us want to be here.  I am 3+ years with stage 4   Do your best to enljoy each day, the big and joyful moments and the small and difficult   We are here to enjoy all

Nel

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    edited December 2016

Amy, That wedding looks so beautiful and your grandkids adorable! Your daughters do look like you! A very pretty family. I love your dress!

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited December 2016

Picture perfect wedding, Amy! And you look radiant, as do your daughter and new son-in-law. Congrats to all, and thanks so much for sharing such a beautiful day with us!

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308
    edited December 2016

beautiful pictures Amy, thank you for posting. cheers, dee

• teacher911
    teacher911 Member Posts: 152
    edited December 2016

Amy, Beautiful pictures of your daughter's wedding. Everything and especially everyone looked beautiful and so happy. Congratulations, Mom.

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited December 2016

Thank you everyone. I can hardly believe it's almost been a week since their wedding. They chose the right week for their honeymoon. We're supposed to get 8 to 12 inches of snow tonight and minus 25 below on Sunday. Yikes - I'm so glad I've got a lot of firewood and a cozy house.

Enjoy the weekend and if you are in the path of the storm, stay safe and warm.

Amy

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited December 2016

Amy. Gorgeous family beautiful pictures and radiant you!!!! It's so wonderful. I'm sure you lived every minute of the wedding!!!!

That's one of the things I'm hoping to celebrate soon. My Dd wedding. She's going with a great young man and I just can't wait ( although I probably won't have my own hair then- and yes I'm vain!!!!) They're not engaged yet. Silly boy is saving for a ring 💍 that DD doesn't really want. She was just 39 and wants a wedding and a 👶. Not necessarily in that order but he's traditional !!! She just went back to Paris to be with him and I told her I need to see a grandchild so to work her magic on him!!!! PS Im crazy too in case you didn't figure that out yet!

Babs

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited December 2016

My kids are 23 and 18,way tooooo young for marriage or children, but I am hoping I live long enough to see both .  My dd is 18and for some reason, being here fro her wedding brings tears to my eyes.   It might be because my son says he will be on a beach, khaki shorts a white shirt and a lei, saying Mahalo.  So not traditional  -I have said to him he might need to wait and see what  a bride would want!   He is 23 and has been dating the same girl for 4 years.   She is a sweetheart, but they are both still so very young.

I am 62 and many of my friends have grandchildren - I came to child rearing later than most, so I enjoy all the moments with my children and those with any babies I come in touch with!

So I don't want to wish time away, but I want them to be ready and me to be here. 

I want it now, I can wait, I want it now I can wait..... That bumpy road we travel. 

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    edited December 2016

Amy - The wedding photos are beautiful. What a wonderful family event! Hope you enjoyed every moment.

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    edited December 2016

I hear you, Nel. I just turned 58 this month and have a 17 yo daughter; my only child. We just have to think that we will still be here for those events, too. My mother turned 84 in October and she still marvels that she's lived this long (since she's the only one left in her family). When I finally had a baby at 40, she never dreamed she'd still be around to see her graduate from HS, but now it looks like she will. So, I'm just holding on to the notion that I'll be around a whole lot longer than I was first expecting, too.

Amy, such a beautiful family and wedding! Thank you for sharing all those wonderful photos. What a happy day, and congratulations to all! -Barbara

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited December 2016

BJ...another December birthday! Happy Birthday! I just turned 58 earlier this month, too. December gals rule!

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    edited December 2016

Yes, Lita, we do! Happy belated Birthday to you, too! (Edited to say) It's good to be 58!

• artistatheart
    edited December 2016

Happy Birthday all you December gals!

• tina2
    tina2 Member Posts: 758
    edited December 2016

My birthday is today!

Tina

• Lita57
    edited December 2016

Happy birthday, Tina!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,607
    edited December 2016

Happy birthday, Tina!

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    edited December 2016

Happy Birthday Tina - hope it's a great day!!!

Amy

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited December 2016

Happy Birthday, Tina!

• Wendy3
    Wendy3 Member Posts: 872
    edited December 2016

Happy Birthday Tina , I wish you a day filled with love and sunshine

• Lita57
    edited December 2016

Finally got my birthday pics uploaded (had to wait for DD to get home from college - she had the shots on her camera and was too busy w/finals etc. to get them to me last week. My thanks to my dear friend, Debi, for hosting the party at her lovely home.

Me and DH in my friend's backyard...in between the raindrops. It rained like heck that day.

• MSL
    MSL Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2016

How beautiful Lita! Such gorgeous photos, and love the cake! Looks like a very special event. Happy birthday x

• Lita57
    edited December 2016

Thanks, MSL. We had the cake done at the local Safeway supermarket's bakery. I asked for poinsettias, and they did a fabulous job on them. It was a carrot cake. (I scraped most of the frosting off because I'm trying to watch my sugar, ha ha.)

• PHOTOGIRL-62
    PHOTOGIRL-62 Member Posts: 274
    edited December 2016

Happy Birthday Tina. Hope you had a wonderful day

• artistatheart
    edited December 2016

Happy Birthday Tina and cheers to many more! Beautiful pictures Lita, I love your sweater! You look like a Mickey collector?