Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Picture This!!

Options

Comments

• lyzzysmom
    lyzzysmom Member Posts: 285
    Options

Beautiful swan, Ariom! They are not birds you would want to get to close to though. They can be very aggressive.Shocked

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,747
    Options

Lyzzymom,

Beautiful dragonfly. Love the dof. Love the tree as well.

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Thank you Lisa. You were my inspiration. Your pictures are so beautiful. I think if I am remembering correctly the pics above are Balboa Park or something like that. What a neat place to hang out and your pictures are gorgeous as usual. I have still been under the weather so I have only been out one day to practice with my new camera. I think my MO will be getting a phone call tomorrow.

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Ariom-  That is a beautiful picture. I have never seen a black swan. How neat. The day I was at this garden taking my swan pictures one of the parent swans took off after another duck that was swimming by their little family. They all ended up on the bank and you can be sure that I kept my distance as I kept shooting pics of them. We have tons of Canada geese in the Chicago area where I am from and I hear they use swans in some of our ponds to keep out the Canada geese. I can see why.

I agree that Lisa should submit her photos for competitions. Actually many of you on this thread should as well if you haven't. I have enjoyed some of the teaching on this thread as well. It is liking sitting in on someone else's private photography lesson. Love it.

I love your pic in the engine of the plane. Kind of scary too.

Nancy

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    Options

Thank you bandwoman!

This is Dexter, the top picture was where I found him, sunning himself through a roof window in our family room when I went to have a shower. I told him to get off, which he did, but when I came back after I got dressed, this second shot was him trying to hide, so I wouldn't notice he was back on the chair!

• lyzzysmom
    Options

Dexter looks so cute! They always manage to find that one sunny spot. I sometimes have to close the front door as otherwise Lyzzy will lie in the sun behind the screen until she gets too hot and starts panting with the heat!

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Dexter is so cute. What breed is he? Aren't our babies precious the way they behave or not! I had to edit my first post because I thought Lyzzy was your dog. LOL When I saw the username lyzzysmom I didn't realize Lyzzy was a dog. LOL They are both very cute! I have a cat but I love all animals.

• Ariom
    Options

It's easy to mix us up bandwoman! Our fur babies are important to all of us! Dex is a rescue dog who had lots of issues. He had been on the streets for some time when he was picked up. He was terribly matted and flyblown and covered in car oil. He was terrified of kids  in hoodies, so we guess he was tormented at some time. The rescue vets had to shave him completely and he had terrible skin issues, they de sexed him, but we think he was much younger than they estimated. I discovered a large lump in his abdomen a few years ago which turned out o be a B9 tumor, likely caused from a kicking trauma. He was getting sick every few weeks, we'd give him antibiotics and he'd rally for a while and then go down again. It just floors me how anyone could be so cruel to a cute, friendly, little guy like this. He underwent a big surgery to remove the tumor, but he rallied and has been healthy ever since.

He still has problems with groups of teens and boys in hoodies, he will slip his collar to get away from them, but he has mellowed a lot. He is a terrier mix, probably Maltese and West Highland. We think he is around 5 or 6 years old. He's not the bravest dog, but he's very sociable and friendly with every dog he meets and loves when anyone comes to visit.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

That is so awful what your poor little guy had to endure. I just don't understand cruelty to defenseless animals. I am glad you were there to rescue him and I am so glad he survived the surgery. I had a rabbit a few years ago and had to have cancer surgery. She was a survivor and lived for ten years which is pretty long for a rabbit. I hope Dexter will live a long happy life with you. He is so cute.

• lyzzysmom
    Options

It makes me so angry and sick to think of these poor gentle little souls being mistreated. I am so glad that Dexter is doing well. DH was quite shocked when he mentioned Lyzzy's knee surgeries to a guy he knew who said why didn't we have her put to sleep because of the cost. It was upsetting and fortunately I was not there. We would have spent everything we had. Her legs are about 90% OK now. She runs and jumps and we would do it all over again if necessary.

When I was younger I had cats, mainly tabbies but one was a Devon Rex called Larry. He was like a little dog in a cats body. He was very gentle and chatty, looked like ET and would play fetch! His breed frequently had issues with baldness and I saw him at a cat show and just couldn't resist. He had this wrinkly little head. He came in third in his kitten class, and the cat magazine said he would have placed higher had he not turned up in his underwear!!

Not sure if I posted this or similar on the bird thread but this is a little titmouse at my patio door before they got the glass too dirty! Used a tripod.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

• socallisa
    Options

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    Options

Great pictures ladies I love them. 

These were pictures from my DD baby shower two years ago. My sister made the cake.

• ncollett
    Options

More fall pictures from last year

• lyzzysmom
    Options

Nancy, I love the cake. Its so much fun. Makes me think of the Lion King.

Lisa, beautiful pics of those lovely orchids. I have always liked cactus  and tropical flowers and its so good to see them in a natural environment but it gets too cold to grow anything like that up here.

• Ariom
    Options

ncollett, love the pumpkins! That cake is really something!

Lizzysmom, I have never seen one of those birds before, isn't it amazing how we have such different  birds and animals in our different countries.

Lisa, I love that picture with the cactus and the Orchids are beautiful. I have some Cymbidiums which are flowering now.

• ncollett
    Options

• socallisa
    Options

• birdlady222
    birdlady222 Member Posts: 185
    Options

LOVE the giraffe!  Did you take that at the zoo?

• socallisa
    Options

I did. 

• socallisa
    Options

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Beautiful pictures everyone. Love the B&W bird. What a neat shot. Love the birthday cake. The fall pictures catch me dragging my feet. I don't want summer to be over yet. Because of my bc journey starting in March I feel like I totally lost out on spring and a big chunk of summer. After over ten days of GI distress I am finally seeing my primary doctor today and see what wisdom he can give me. I don't want to stop the Anastrozole if I can help it. When I have a chance I will post some flowers from my garden. I only had about a tenth of my usual flowers this year. I tried some hibiscus for the first time and have now found my new favorite plant.

Have a wonderful week.

Nancy (bandwoman)

• ncollett
    Options

I love giraffes!

• lyzzysmom
    Options

Nancy C, I love the fall colors!

Lisa, Wonderful animal shots. I love those faces, especially that baby giraffe, beyond cute!

Nancy bandwoman, I feel like summer never happened this year. It was all dominated by BC. There did seem to be less flowers in my yard too, partly I think because spring seemed to come late around here this year. I hope we can all have a better summer 2015. I just started on hormonals too, last week and the last 2 days I feel like I have allergies, (which I don't get)  and have slept so much during the day even after exercise yesterday. Feel kind of weak this evening and its so difficult to know what is meds, whats unrelated and what is a hangover from rads.. I hope your doc can get your GI issues resolved  quickly.

• clickchick
    clickchick Member Posts: 49
    Options

I'm so excited to be going to a night photography workshop at Crater Lake, OR! I was on the waiting list and a spot just opened up. Apparently, we'll be up until 4am taking pictures! Hope this old body can hack it :) It's mid-September, and they expect overnight temps to be in the low 30's. Definitely not used to that in San Diego.

• lyzzysmom
    Options

Oooh. I am so jealous Lol. I have seen photos of crater lake and it is GORGEOUS!! You will have a wonderful time. We want to see those pics! Just wear warm layers. Maybe some warm but thin gloves so the fingers don't get numb if it gets cold!

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Yes Lizzysmom, 2015 will be our year! I saw my primary doctor today to see if he could figure out why I have been sick for the past 12 days. I still don't have answers as he is taking a very conservative approach. He didn't know much about Armidex but he did say that with some drugs your body can have GI distress for up to three weeks. I had a low grade fever when I was there which explains why I have been feeling so lousy. He gave me some probiotics and I see him in two weeks. I am going to look up side effects of Arimidex again because I think running a low grade fever is one of them. My stomach does feel better today so it could have been a stubborn virus. Time will tell.

Lisa, love your zoo animals. What kind of animal is that under that beautiful lion?

Clickchick, Your photo. course sounds awesome. I am a retired band director and I remember playing a piece called Crater Lake with one of my bands. I imagine it was written for the same place you will be at. I am not sure if I could hack the 4am stuff but if it was for a photo workshop I am sure the adrenaline would get me through and hopefully for you too.

Nancy (Bandwoman)

• socallisa
    Options

Nancy, it is a red panda... 

here is the better known one

they are next door to each other at the zoo..

Have you had any trouble with your gall bladder?

click chick..what a great opportunity to go to Crater Lake and take some lessons..I am so jealous!!

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Awe, that panda is so cute. I haven't been to the zoo in years. I didn't know there was a red panda. They are all so cute. Lisa, were you affected at all by the earthquake. I know sometimes tremors can be felt for miles. The fact that I have fever I am hoping is a good sign that it is just a stubborn virus. However that can also be a side effect of Arimidex. He did not mention gallbladder. I have been down a path of no return many years ago when they suspected gallbladder issues and they never found the source of the problem after many tests and it eventually went away. I am on some probiotics and we'll see. I am pretty tired of feeling fatigued and sick. I went pretty much from rads to fatigue after rads to this so I don't know what normal feels like anymore. I am itching to get out there and shoot with the new camera. Have a good night.

Nancy Bandwoman

• clickchick
    clickchick Member Posts: 49
    Options

Yes, Lyzzysmom, the layers are on the list of things to bring. They even want me to bring a warmer for my lens! I'm really not used to that. It will be a great experience, though and it will be nice to carry a little, compact wide angle lens, compared to my heavy birding lens.

Thanks, Nancy & I'm glad you're feeling better! I had GI upset for a couple of weeks during and after rads and I'm glad to say it resolved on it's own. I hope it's the same for you.

Thanks, Lisa! I saw those red pandas for the first time about a month ago & they are adorable. I do love the Giant Pandas and recently saw an ad for a job as a Panda cuddler at the Panda preserve in Sichuan, China. I thought that would be a dream job :) Great shots of the camels, too!