Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Picture This!!

Options

Comments

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

What on earth is a lens warmer?

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

Night shooting class? Sign me up!!!! A lens warmer would probably be like a hand warmer so your lens doesn't fog up. But they say to put your camera into a zip-lock bag until it reaches outdoor temperatures to avoid moisture. I'd be interested to see if they say anything about that.

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    Options

I am going to look into taking a photo class. I love photography and have always wanted to do more with it. 

Outside my kitchen window This am. I took this with my Ipad so sorry its not too clear.

• barbe1958
    Options

What kind of bird is that in Indiana??

• socallisa
    Options

looks a little like this one, a hooded oriole,, it steals from my hummingbird feeder

• socallisa
    Options

wondering what this guy is thinking about

• lyzzysmom
    lyzzysmom Member Posts: 285
    Options

Those little yellow birds look like they could be goldfinches? On Sunday evening our neighbours invited us over and they had goldfinches and hummingbirds just a few feet away. I was itching to go get my camera but it was rather dark and it did not seem like good manners!! I had goldfinches earlier this year but never really got all my gear set up properly, same with the hummingbird feeders. I just want more energy as I have my new camera and like Nancy B just want to start using it more, have mainly just taken the pocket camera with me.

I have made a resolution. If it is nice next weekend I will try and get to the zoo. I am getting zoo withdrawal looking at Lisa's lovely pictures!!

Panda cuddler. Now that really could be the best job in the world!

• socallisa
    Options

I am sitting here in the oncology clinic right across the street from the San Diego zoo.  I hope when I am finished I can stroll around the zoo for at least an hour. 

• ncollett
    Options

They are finches. I love them! We usually have 2-3 a day on our feeder. Sometimes a woodpecker too. We are going to Chicago for the weekend so I will post some Windy City pictures. 

From around my house

• socallisa
    Options

I saw my oncologist this am..still NED with BC..get ready for a cute alert..my gift after the Doc.

• socallisa
    Options

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options

YAY LISA! Smile

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    Options

I gotta say, the adults aren't so cute but that baby...............puts my cute metre right over the top.  Lisa, congrats on your good news.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,747
    Options

Great news Lisa! Such cute pics! For any birders out there Netflix has added a movie. If you type in Birders it will come up. I can't remember the rest of the name but I went right to my tv and added it to my fav list to watch later. There was an article in our paper from the resident birder. He mentions this movie in his article.

Still not feeling well. There has got to be a light at the end of this tunnel!!!

Nancy (Bandwoman)

• bandwoman1234
    Options

These flowers are from my yard.

Nancy (bandwoman)

• socallisa
    Options

Love the hibiscus. It is incredible how many varieties there are. Looks like you are getting used to your new camera, Nancy. Hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy it even more. 

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Lisa I took these a few weeks ago with my Nikon D90. I have only used my new Canon onceDevil This sickness or whatever surely can't go on forever.

I usually have a ton of annuals. This year some of my friends insisted that I have some flowers after I told them I would have none, so they took me on a field trip (we're all teachers) to one of my favorite out of town nurseries. They said if you don't feel like watering they will come over and water for me.  I decided I would buy only plants in containers and not do any planting in the ground or in all of my tons of pots. I am a big container gardener. So I bought two hibiscus on that trip. I loved them so much I bought a couple of double hibiscus and I think they are becoming my new favorite flower. I am enjoying these a lot even though I still have to see all of my empty pots. Oh well. Next year!

• lyzzysmom
    lyzzysmom Member Posts: 285
    Options

Great news Lisa!! and what an adorable baby!! Just so cute!!

Nancy the flowers are beautiful. I love hibiscus too. I am quite excited to find the one I planted in my yard 3 years ago that I thought was a failure is alive. No flowers yet but some buds. I think the bugs have gotten to it though and eaten the leaves as I have not got around to spraying this year.

I ordered some dinner plate dahlias and threw them in containers I already had when the frost was done. They are quite pretty and grew so fast but I expected different colors and they were all a very similar shade of dark pink.

• clickchick
    clickchick Member Posts: 49
    Options

Heehee, Lisa. Here's a lens warmer:

Congrats on your NED status!!

Love the baby orang and the beautiful flowers, ladies!

• socallisa
    Options

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Thanks ladies. Lizzysmom, I tried dahlias in the ground and it just seemed like it took forever for them to look very showy. They are beautiful flowers and the dinner plate variety are awesome.  I didn't think we could plant Hibiscus in the ground with our harsh winters. I know I have had several people tell me I should bring my hibiscus in for the winter but I don't have lots of room for big plants.

Love the baby o's.

I had never seen a lens warmer either. Gee you learn something every dayWinking

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options

Gosh, Lisa - your pics are so great... I wonder if the SD Zoo would be interested in using any of them for their promotional stuff? (At the going rate, of course.....)

• ncollett
    Options

Love the flowers Nancy and Lisa congrats and great zoo pictures!

• ncollett
    Options

This is my baby Ginger

• clickchick
    clickchick Member Posts: 49
    Options

Ginger is adorable, Nancy!

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Thanks ncollete. Your little dog is so cute. I had a hamster years ago named Ginger. I see you are coming to our windy city. I am in a suburb. Hope you have a great time.

Nancy BW

• ncollett
    Options

I am I cant wait. I just hope the weather is good and cooperates. We are going to go to the Museum of Science and Industry and the Navy Pier and I hope to take a cruise on the lake. 

• Ariom
    Ariom Member Posts: 4,027
    Options

Great news Lisa! Love the shots of the Orangs, beautiful!

So many fabulous flowers and birds, thank you for sharing!

• bandwoman1234
    Options

This is a landmark in my hometown downstate Illinois. The red structure was used for a bus transfer station in the 1950's. They have moved it several times and it now has it's home in Central Park. I have been trying to capture all four seasons to put on one of my walls in my house. It has been a several year project. Because it is such an unusual structure I am fascinated by not only by that but it's history as well. It is called the transfer house and I have several items in my home of this. I just recently purchased a crystal clock with the transfer house etched into it.

Nancy BW

• barbe1958
    Options

Very easy to see that we are only a few chromosomes away from being Orangutangs!!!

Nancy, it's fun having a theme project, isn't it?