Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited January 2022

Oh no Nathan…I'm so very sorry. This is devastating news for all of us. I’m so very sad right now. I took a hiatus from the forum due to my own illness. Now I wish I made an effort so I could have talked to her more. She was a wonderful person and I cared a lot about her. She loved you so much Nathan. Hold onto that. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all those she loved.

Jackie

• katyblu
    katyblu Member Posts: 223
    edited January 2022

Nathan I am so sorry for your loss. Samantha was a bright and wonderful soul. Through my short time here she made me feel welcomed, loved, and understood. Her humor brought me out of my dark periods. And her honesty helped me face my realities. I truly know she loved you so much and I am devastated for you. She will be missed here but always remembered

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067
    edited January 2022

Nathan: I am so sorry to hear about Sam's passing. I don't always post but I am a frequent reader and her posts were wonderful -- she had so much spirit and love and joy. I hope knowing how much she meant to all of us will be of some comfort to you during these hard times. Blessings.

• jsniffs
    jsniffs Member Posts: 136
    edited January 2022

Nathan - I am so sorry for your loss. Lots of people are thinking of you right now. *Hugs* Samantha's personality shown through this board, and her humor brought many smiles on some challenging days. She absolutely will be missed.

SondraF - I have similar feelings about needing a break. You are not alone. I'm not always super active on BCO, but the loss of Rabbit and Philly have affected me a lot. They were both "room filling" in such a positive/loving way. I barely knew them, but I knew that, which says a lot about them. These losses have affected me as well since they were on the younger side (like me).

*Hugs* to everyone during this difficult time.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,564
    edited January 2022

Knowing Samantha/Rabbit from other threads, I happened to read the news on this thread of her passing. It was so sudden and unexpected. And she was so young. I'm feeling so very sad and rather shocked about it. My deepest condolences to you, Nathan, on the loss of your wife, and I extend those condolences to the rest of her loved ones. I'm so very sorry for your sudden loss. May Samantha rest in peace.

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    edited January 2022

Nathan- I am so sorry and so sad. What a spirit she was.

• ciaci
    ciaci Member Posts: 315
    edited January 2022

I just logged on after a week or so away, to see such awful news. Will miss our Rabbit very much - she was a bright light who always shone on everyone else. She was always checking up if she hadn't heard from one of us in a while, and I will miss her dearly.

Love to Nathan and her family.

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited January 2022

Thanks again for all of your kind words. Samantha is a very humble and compassionate person so she would never admit how much of an impact she had, but we all know it. I'm going to continue Samantha's blog and keep telling her story as best I can, so we can stay in touch over there.

If anyone has thoughts on a MBC charity that would be good for Samantha's obituary with regard to donations, I would appreciate anysuggestions.

Nathan

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited January 2022

Bless you, Nathan. I hope it helps just a little to know how much we all care.

Carol

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited January 2022

Nathan, you are so kind to post for us. Absolutely, Samantha was so humble yet has had a huge impact on all of us and I am sure all who has the opportunity to know her, even in an anonymous online world. She and I texted a bit and I got a message from her on Saturday that you were racing her around in a wheelchair while you waited to be seen by a doctor . It's so surreal that she didn't survive this . I know Candy-678 also had a blood clot (lungs ) recently so I am adding a baby aspirin to my pill box.

Yesterday morning, while grief stricken I asked for a sign that Samantha was ok - I know that might seem silly or weird. However, 10 hours later we had the most glorious sunset after weeks of snow and rain . I took this as a sign that Samantha is in heaven.

I think a charity that supports MBC research would be a good choice for Samantha and pls let us know so we can contribute. We will never forget her !

• aprilgirl1
    edited January 2022

SF-Cakes ,

In your pocket for scans tomorrow ! Anyone else have scans or appts coming up ? Here for pocket duty .

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 600
    edited January 2022

Nathan, thank you, I love her blog and it's wonderful to hear that you will keep it going for a while. Sending you love and support.

My scans are tomorrow, and I will carry Rabbit/Samantha in my heart - she shared that hilarious video of fart noises set to the tune of "Never Gonna Give You Up" that I watched right before going into my last bone scan, and I was laughing during the scan. I'll share this message she sent me from last week, her kindness and generosity towards others will never be forgotten. Ever.

• rk2020
    rk2020 Member Posts: 697
    edited January 2022

Nathan -

Please consider METAvivor. METAvivor is the only organization that solely funds MBC research through a scientific peer review process. 100% of all donations go into MBC-specific research grants. It is a volunteer led, 501c3 non-profit organization that exclusively funds stage 4 MBC research with the goal of transitioning it from a terminal disease to a chronic condition with a good quality of life for patients.

https://www.metavivor.org/take-action/donate

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    edited January 2022

Nathan,

I’m so sorry for your loss! Samantha was a wonderful inspiration to many of us, Thank you for letting us know.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,564
    edited January 2022

I agree with RK 2020 about METAvivor, for all the same reasons she mentions. ((((Hugs)))) for you, Nathan

https://www.metavivor.org/take-action/donate/

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited January 2022

Nathan…

Thanks so much for keeping up her blog. I have enjoyed her writings so much. I think it will be a good thing for you to do for yourself as well.

April…beautiful picture. Our Miss Rabbit saying ‘I’m here and it’s beautiful!’.

• sf-cakes
    edited January 2022

Aprilgirl, that is such a beautiful picture and a beautiful post. And thank you for the pocket duty ❤

• B-A-P
    B-A-P Member Posts: 409
    edited January 2022

Such a gorgeous picture! How dreamy.

Just had my PET scan yesterday and won't find anything out until next week. Fingers crossed for stable or better so I can stay on this treatment. Just finished cycle 3 . Can't stop thinking about Rabbit. Hardly seems fair.

• sf-cakes
    edited January 2022

B-A-P, thinking of you and sending you wishes of stable scan results. It's so hard waiting.

RK, thank you for posting about METAvivor, I'm going to also pass that on to some people who have asked what they might be able to do to help. Hope you are doing okay.

Scans done for me this morning, lovely techs helping me feel less anxious. Thought of our dear Rabbit during my bone scan, and thanked her for her love and support for me this past year. I hope we get to meet on the other side, and we'll both have lots of long gorgeous hair and give each other a tight hug while jumping up and down.

• aprilgirl1
    edited January 2022

B-A-P - in your pocket for scan results! Fingers crossed for "stable Mabel" as our RRabbit would say!

SF- Cakes - wonderful that you had lovely techs this time and your scans are OVER. In your pocket for scan results and sending you and BAP good mojo for Stable Mabel results!

It is interesting, now that I have been having these quarterly scans I have my favorite techs FOR SURE!

Love to all. I am heading to Maui tomorrow, trip with good friends (girl friends only, no husbands). We will follow all the covid protocol we can and have all been isolating this week plus wearing n95 masks and I guess fasting on the flight so we don't remove them. I will check in on y'all!

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2022

aprilgirl1, have a fantastic time. That sounds awesome

• katyblu
    katyblu Member Posts: 223
    edited January 2022

Aprilgirl - I hope you have a great time! I’ve been there a few times and loved it. Check out the road to Hana and the bamboo forest.

B-A-P & SF-Cakes - In your pocket for scan results. On board with everyone wishing for Rabbit’s “stable mable”!

Here’s to hoping we can live like we have Rabbit’s light in our souls! Love you ladies

• B-A-P
    B-A-P Member Posts: 409
    edited January 2022

Thanks friends ! Hoping for the best

• rk2020
    edited January 2022

B-A-P & SF-Cakes - I’m in your pocket too! I’m praying for the best possible result.

Aprilgirl - enjoy and savor each moment on your trip. Take another fabulous picture (like your hiking one) and have us all living vicariously through you

Dear Rabbit - I’m still tearing up when I think of you but Katyblu is right. We need to live like we have your light in our souls! ❤️

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,528
    edited January 2022

April girl enjoy Maui!!!!!!

Pocket duty for BAP SFCakes and anyone else having scans tests and results.

I'm going to venture out and see what damage the tornado warning did. I just heard heavy rain here around 6:00 am. I saw some amazing pictures of snow in the north though.

Take care all

Tanya

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2022

Not much damage here, tornado flipped a semi in Ft Meyers. Tree in apartment complex roof in Clearwater.

• rk2020
    edited January 2022

It was a rough weather morning in Naples. Not one but two funnel clouds that I know of caused havoc near me (really close to me) but we are good! 😃Now if my husband 🤒 would just recover from Covid without giving it to me 😷 that would be awesome.
    I had a PET last Monday and the results were ominous. I don’t have an appointment with my MO until this Tuesday the 18th but once I tell her I’ve been exposed to Covid, when will she let us meet? I’m not sure she does Zoom. She is definitely technically challenged. Besides some bone progression it looks like it has taken up residence in my liver. On the bright side, if these 4 spots on my liver are cancer, it was caught early. Anyway, that’s my story and sticking to it. I had a hard time this week making sense of Rabbit so it’s been a less then good week. But the coming week will be better! I can feel it. And THAT’S my story and I’m sticking to it. Like I told my my husband after we read the report, it is what it is. We can do what we can by making good, educated healthcare decisions and then it’s out of our control. We just have to roll with the punches.

Is that you Rabbit? Are you singing REO Speedwagon?

Oh, babe (keep on rollin')
    Oh, babe (keep on rollin')
    Oh, you got to learn to roll with the changes
    Got to, got to, got to, got to keep on rollin'
    Got to keep on (keep on rollin')
    Oh, you got to learn to
    Got to learn to, got to learn to roll

Keep on rollin', keep on rollin', ooh ooh, ooh, ooh…

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2022

I saw where a tornado flipped a semi on 75 in Ft Meyers. We just had really nasty thunderstorms here. Scared my poodle pretty bad. Spookie is bomb proof.

Had labs 2 weeks ago, all good. PET coming in a few weeks, cataract surgery this Tuesday. One freak out at a time.

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited January 2022

BAP SFcake wish you both good and fast results. Stable Mable

Spookies, yay for good lab results and all the best for your pet scans and cataract surgery.

Katy it was nthanks

April enjoy your trip and as said upload some of your adventures.

RK, medical team has protocol, once we exposed even with negative result, our appointments will be rescheduled to telehealth which is pointless. I wish speedy recovery for your dh. I keep a window half open, here is a good vibes for you not getting Covid.

Rosie I hope your new treatment works better for you.

Pat, how are you?

I am wrestling with insurance for ct scans approval in cancer center, loads of stress and tears trying to get careless understand... It was interesting when I asked my MO (in virtual meeting!) it’s time for my scans, she said oh yes in three months, March!!! I didn’t even tried to correct her that March would be 5 months, I have mostly given up correcting them....

I constantly think about our sweet Rabbit and cry. But your posts help me. Please keep checking in everyone.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited January 2022

RK2020- I will be looking for your posts for updates. I am sorry it seems to now be in your liver.

I understand docs that are technically challenged and do not do Zoom. My PCP does not do Zoom. He is close to retirement and this "newfangled" technology is not his thing. I like Zoom during Covid waves to keep me out of the public. Especially if it an appointment that we can get by with virtual. But he does not offer them-- I have to either go into the office or he will call me on the phone. At least he does phone calls, but it is not as good as Zoom in my opinion.