Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ibrance (Palbociclib)

Comments

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 794
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, we are all checking in and like RK and Rosie said, we are not leaving your pocket . I'm sure beloved is besides himself that he can't be in the hospital with you. I'm hoping your MO can convince the hospital to let him in , you need an advocate next to you. Continued love and prayers sent from all of us, your BC.org sisters and mamas.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2022

I’ll admit to sneaking out of the pocket to get some snacks, but I’m back. Hope I didn’t get the lovely ibrance farts and blow us all away. More hugs and critters kissesfor you and DH.

• kelq
    kelq Member Posts: 56
    edited January 2022

Hello Beautiful Friends! Been off the ibrance thread for a while as I stopped ibrance late summer due to lung inflammation and progression. Now on affinitor, but boy did the pneumonitis caused by ibrance take a toll on me. I did a course of steriods, but seem to have permanent lung damage as a result. Cant even walk up a flight of stairs without being short of breath and oxygen levels dropping. Has anyone else experienced this? I guess I'm that rare patient that they talk about on the ibrance commercial that I hear in the car about every 3 minutes, haha! Much love and health to all of you in the New Year!

• katyblu
    katyblu Member Posts: 223
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, definitely still in your pocket with everyone else. I hope the new center will allow your beloved in with you. I’m so sorry you have to do this without him! But we are all here with you!

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, thanks for checking in while it is not easy for you. Constantly thinking of you, I hope the neuro team can fix this very soooon. We are all here for you ❤️&Hugs

Jackie thanks for checking in, how are you?

KelQ, I am sorry about your lung. I did have and still have (sometimes) shortness of breath, and my lips and toes turned blue, that lack of oxygen woke me up even. I do some lung exercises like those that given to Covid patients, I guess that helped me quite a lot.

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited January 2022

Miss Rabbit…

Still thinking of you and praying for you. I hate that you’re alone. It’s overwhelming. Don’t post to us if it’s too hard for you. We’ll be here when you get back. (((hugs)))

I’m doing ok. I’ve been off Ibrance since April 2021 after a 3 year run due to ‘slight’ progression. Eventually I started on Piqray that was completely awful for me. I won’t go into all the details because it would turn into a book. Also, I know Miss Rabbit filled you in a bit. Anyway, I am now on the chemotherapy drug Abraxane. I am mostly tolerating it well except for bouts of dizziness, muffled ears, and eye issues. All this scares me because the first thought is the brain tumor is growing back. My last scan on October 28, 2021 showed all clear though. I’m due for all my scans sometime this month so hopefully that will show that the Abraxane is working. My breast cancer marker is still high but it’s going down slowly. Alkaline Phosphatase is in normal levels. So overall, I have good days and bad days equally. But I’ll take it.

I also lost my brother suddenly in the beginning of October. Something I still am not over. I’m tearing up right now typing this. He was only 56. We were very close.

I see most of you are doing well with Ibrance. That’s great! It’s a really good drug.

Jackie

• rk2020
    rk2020 Member Posts: 697
    edited January 2022

JACK5IE- I’m glad you checked in with us. I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. Love leaves a memory no one can steal. I hope you carry many wonderful memories of your brother with you wherever you go.

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 197
    edited January 2022

Jack5ie good to hear from you but sorry to learn that you lost your brother - that is so hard.

RR Hope things are going ok

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 600
    edited January 2022

JACK5IE, I'm so sorry about your brother. Sending positive thoughts that your scans this month will be clear/stable, and that the side effects you're experiencing will calm down, too.

Still in your pocket, Rabbit. ❤

KelQ, were you able to meet with a pulmonologist? My MO sent me to one when I had an ongoing cough, and it was helpful to get that perspective. I didn't have pneumonitis, though. I'm sorry you're still dealing with that.

• aprilgirl1
    edited January 2022

@Jack5ie- I am so sorry about your brother. Thank you for logging in and also sharing with us, it's good to see you. I am sorry Piqray was awful and sounds like the new treatment is working and perhaps less awful.

RK2020, i love your post, "love leaves a memory no one can steal". I wrote this one down and will remember it.

@KelQ - so sorry to hear about lung issues. There are a few women on here that have experienced possible cdk 4/6 inhibtor induced pheumonitis. Check this thread:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

Still in Rabbit's pocket with all of you! Sending everyone love , prayer and energy to Rabbit and everyone today.

I had my blood work and fulvestrant shots at the closer clinic and was out of there within 40 minutes. I am waiting for my telemed appt (onc pa today) at 4pm but honestly had tears of joy on my drive home knowing that this month, I do not have to spend all day and commute to the large cancer center for these 2 relatively fast appts.

• RhosgobelRabbit
    RhosgobelRabbit Member Posts: 502
    edited January 2022

sondra, yes.

Still waiting on additional imaging. Couldn't handle brain MRI with the nausea and pain, so will be doing with heavy sedation. Nausea and disorientation still bad. Rough seas. Mostly just sleeping. Just want to feel better.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited January 2022

Rabbit- Hugs to you, my friend. I check this Thread several times a day to see updates from you.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2022

Rabbit, I’m with Candy, check multiple times to see if you’ve written. You are in my thoughts. Hugs.

JACK5IE, I’m so sorry about the loss of your brother.

Aprilgirl1, so glad you had a good experience with getting your shots and bloodwork at the closer clinic.

• RhosgobelRabbit
    edited January 2022

Hi, this is Rabbit's husband Nathan. She is receiving medication that affects her breathing so she has been intubated while they perform more scans and tests to find the cause. I will keep you posted.

Nathan

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    edited January 2022

Thank you for the update Nathan. We are keeping you and your wife in our thoughts and prayers

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2022

Thank you Nathan!! Hugs for both of you!

• rk2020
    rk2020 Member Posts: 697
    edited January 2022

Bless you Nathan for posting an update. You are not alone. I hope you can feel the love this group of strong women is sending your way. It is our greatest hope that this love provides you both strength and comfort. Love.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    edited January 2022

Nathan, Thank you for posting the update. I am joining everyone else here to support you and Rabbit. I know that your wife feels your love and support and will draw strength from you You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2022

Nathan, I’m almost in tears knowing how hard this is for Rabbit but also for you. I am wrapping you both in a hug. Thank you so much for the update.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,166
    edited January 2022

Thank you Nathan for the update. My prayers to you and Rabbit.

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    edited January 2022

OMGHOS thank GOD I came here I been Texting SAM since she went in...I didn't know what was going on oh my God IM SOBBING

• JACK5IE
    JACK5IE Member Posts: 654
    edited January 2022

Nathan…

Thank you so much for keeping us all updated. Even though I haven't been around much the last few months, I have become very fond of Samantha as we all have here. My heart goes out to you both and my prayers as well.

Jackie

PS…thank you all for the condolences of my brother's passing.

• aprilgirl1
    edited January 2022

Nathan, thank you for your update. We are all here and surround you and your amazing wife with love and prayers. XXOXXO

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 600
    edited January 2022

Nathan, thank you very much for the update. Rabbit is precious to us, and we also know how much she loves you. Praying for you both.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited January 2022

Nathan, thank you for updating us. Please know that you are both loved and surrounded by caring friends here. Praying for strength for both of you and for a soon recovery for your beloved.

(((hugs)))

Carol

• katyblu
    katyblu Member Posts: 223
    edited January 2022

Nathan, thank you so much for the update. We all love Rabbit and wish for her to recover quickly. You both are in our hearts and thoughts. We are here is you need anything. Hugs

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 544
    edited January 2022

Nathan, you are amazing husband to Sam, I join ladies here and keep you both in my prayers and thoughts.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    edited January 2022

Nathan and Rabbit, Thinking of you both all the time. Hoping the imaging leads to answers soon. As others have said, you are both in our hearts

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited January 2022

Nathan - Thank you for the update on Rabbit. I hope you can be together soon.

• RhosgobelRabbit
    edited January 2022

Hi, thanks so much for your support. Samantha has been experiencing small clots forming in her brain because of the blood being thicker from the cancer. They are installing a cranial pressure sensor and will use it to precisely administer IV medication to relieve the clots over the next few days. Although Samantha's condition is very precarious right now, the doctor believes the procedures themselves are minimally risky and that her age favors a positive outcome, although it will be a bit of a long road.

I know that she loves you very much, and that she's a tough cookie, and she is in the best of hands down here and up above.

Nathan