Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Gardening, anyone?

Options

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

Happy thanksgiving! - I put suet out for the birds today, but haven't been able to get any pictures. Maybe tomorrow.

• gmafoley
    Options

This was a surprise photoshot this morning - OH MY! Love it! Had to share.image

• gmafoley
    Options

This was a surprise photoshot this morning - OH MY! Love it! Had to share.image

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,877
    Options

Lovely. Is it an Anna's that overwinters?

A friend made a gorgeous wreath with plants from her neighborhood. I've always wanted to try that but would never expect to get those results.

• wren44
    Options

Lovely. Is it an Anna's that overwinters?

A friend made a gorgeous wreath with plants from her neighborhood. I've always wanted to try that but would never expect to get those results.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,931
    Options

Wow our hummers go to Costa Rica for the winter 😳

• jazzygirl
    Options

Wow our hummers go to Costa Rica for the winter 😳

• gmafoley
    Options

Anna's don't travel so we feed them throughout the winter.

• gmafoley
    Options

Anna's don't travel so we feed them throughout the winter.

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 429
    Options

Jazzygirl. I just read that too.mynext doorneighbors moved there!

• jazzygirl
    Options

Fruit trees blooming

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited April 2023
    Options

I don't post here, but I do lurk and love seeing everyones pictures. Garden season is amongst us!

May be an image of 1 person, collard greens and text that says 'Did you know that if you garden in your back yard naked, your neighbors will build you a privacy fence for absolutely no cost to you.'

HAPPY GARDING!

• gmafoley
    Options
  • gailmary
    Options

I hope you are all well and enjoying spring in your gardens. We have a few acres around the house. My garden us primarily a wildflower patch of natives wildflowers that have naturally seeded from the woodland uphill. I've added some native sun lovers.

I live in a creeks enviromental corridor. Tons of wildlife here for se wisconsin. Across the street we also have 7 acre marshy wetland and 11 acres of oak woodland. Yes I weed them.

• jazzygirl
    Options

Cactus are starting to bloom

• jazzygirl
    Options
  • wren44
    Options

That is beautiful. I'm so glad you post these unusual flowers. We would never get to see them here.

• greenbean2468
    greenbean2468 Member Posts: 19
    Options

Hi gardening pals! I enjoy your shares! I'm sharing a photo of my first green sungold tomato on the vine. I finished chemo in March and hoped through the challenging chemo wintertime that I'd be able to plant at least a few tomato plants in May. I was and am loving going outside to see the progress. Also shown, a little okra plant growing from seed.

• jazzygirl
    Options

Blooming right now

• gailmary
    Options

Jazzy, i love these. Is this a garden.? From where?

Im near milwaukee, WI. Here's what's blooming now. A perennial that spreads, reseeds, and has a long blooming season. Some kind of verbena.

I never thought cancer would keep me out of the garden and in the house due to pollution. I always thought I'd be in pain. The smoke from Canada Forest fires burns my eyes and throat. With cancer in lungs, I think I best stay in. The weeds are happy!

Gailmary

• jazzygirl
    edited June 2023
    Options

• gmafoley
    Options

The first flight of the 2 baby wrens.

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    Options
  • jazzygirl
    Options

Gmafoley- those baby wrens are just so adorable. I am always amazed how quickly they go from helpless to independent. I had some baby doves in my yard this year.

Home mom- love your gardens!

It's really hot here now (100 degrees) and trying to keep things watered as much as I can. We need rain here in New Mexico!

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

Well since my hubby and I are still on the East Coast because of a few reasons that are too long to mention, we planted a mosest veggie garden this year and it went nuts! I have had to buy canning jars and so far I have taken four quarts of crushed tomatoes from thr garden with more to come. Looks like I may also be trying my hand at making pickles this year as my cukes are growing all over my garden!

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    Options

That's awesome! I had a lot of luck with tomatoes and cucs here in Orlando too. I'm solarizing right now, but plan to plant my salad this fall. Lettuce, cucs, tomatoes, maybe some herbs.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Just harvested another dozen tomatoes yesterday. The rate it keeps going, I am harvesting tomatoes at least once a week!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,592
    Options

Sadly, I’ve only had one small tomato this year, mice got everything else before they could grow big enough to flower. Gotta have a greenhouse next year.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Just harvested 2 zucchini and a monster cuke that I had not even known was growing!

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Correction as of tonight 3 zucchini and 2 cukes! Found the last zucchini and 2nd cuke after running a couple errands with hubby tonight.