Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CRAZY TOWN WAITING ROOM - TESTS coming up? All Stages Welcome.

Options

Comments

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited July 2015
    Options

Slow Deep: sorry--I think I read The Space Merchants and Murder must Advertise one two many times (both set, wholly or partially, in advertising agencies) Hmm...moving on to 'punching clowns', and not even gonna touch the ambiguity there. We all need something to clobber once in a while.

My sympathies to those with upcoming tests! Waiting for results was the worst for me. Well, surgery wasn't great, and chemo's miserable even with all the advances....but still. There in spirit for you. Let me know who to haunt!

• littleblueflowers
    littleblueflowers Member Posts: 391
    edited July 2015
    Options

May I join you ladies? Although I haven't landed in Crazy Town yet, there are quite a few days I'm circling the drain, to mix my metaphors..

• Jackbirdie
    Jackbirdie Member Posts: 1,617
    edited July 2015
    Options

Come on in, Jen! Plenty of room for more crazies

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited July 2015
    Options

Welcome, Littleblueflowers, what a sweet screen name. I almost said scream name.

SlowDeep, now did you mean to call SulaDog 'sludge', or was that auto correct, too?

• littleblueflowers
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks ladies! Your posts are certainly helping me keep perspective 😉

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited July 2015
    Options

littleblueflowers, Welcome to our thread!! Of course you may join us!! Nice to see another TN girl here. I can see you're a planner!! Good thinking anticipating your crazy. My mom always said it's good to plan ahead!! We will call this "anticipatory crazy." Kind of like anticipatory grief....but different. haha Plus, your diagnosis line says Sept. 2015. Is this "anticipatory diagnosis?" hehe Or, are you all messing with me because I'm so "slow????" This is July, yes?? I hope I'm not losing time AGAIN.

Seriously though, I'm very glad you found us!!! Love, love your name. It sounds so spring like.

I'm curious how JB knew your name was Jen though. I'm looking all over your profile and the only thing remotely close to "jen" is jet fuel only. JB....are you psychic??? That could come in handy for some of us waiting on test results!!

TB, I thought maybe her name changed?? I kind of like the name sludge. I wish I thought of it. I feel like sludge at times!!

Edited for one huge typo.

• littleblueflowers
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hey slowdeepbreaths

You knOw I never even noticed I had the wrong month in my diagnosis. Jeeze. I blame ativan for that, like I blame it for everything. I was diagnosed in April of this year, finished up chemo last week. The crazy comes and goes for me!

• Jackbirdie
    edited July 2015
    Options

haha- a few of us floating around, making friends on other threads. Littleblue is a fantastic addition. Not psychic. Except I know that pain in my groin is mets. You all can call me Katy.

• littleblueflowers
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hey I got that too! But I had it befor...can't even blame nookie :) Hi Katy!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thank goodness LBF!! I was getting concerned about my eyesight!!

Katy, Oh darn....I was hoping you could tell the future!!!

I think all Crazy Town girls must have a crazy town emergency kit.

1. Ativan or a big stiff drink
    2. Flashlight
    3. Mirror
    4. Magnifying glass
    5. Benedryl spray (because most things seem to itch)
    6. More Ativan!!! or.....another stiff drink

Feel free to add to list as needed!!

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited July 2015
    Options

Mixers. Someone to check that awkward spot on your back.

• littleblueflowers
    edited July 2015
    Options

Baking soda!

And someone to tell me why my newly exposed ribs are lumpier on the right side than the left?

And a searching inventory of all pre diagnosis pains.

Because I have met myself, I can tell that the crazy plane will come in for a landing once I finish radiation. Then I shall go quietly bat-nuts.

• suladog
    suladog Member Posts: 837
    edited July 2015
    Options

Lucy,

About my old group, there was one young woman in her 20's the youngest one of us. She had a double MX and recon and lots of positive nodes... Don't remember if she was ER + and of course no one knew about HER2 back in those days. Anyway, she was as bad as you can imagine. While bald as a billard ball on chemo she met a doctor while at the hospital. They wound up married! They adopted two kids since chemo did to her what it did to me and I always check up on her via Lord Google... Just to see if she's still out there. And yep she is , the kids are likely out of the house by now since it was 25 yrs ago, and they live on the east coast now near the rest of their family , but last time I looked a few months back she was alive and kicking

Tomboy,

Maybe I should change my avatar name to sludge

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

oh yeah and that red thing on the top of my mouth I never bothered to mention here... I was about to call my dentist when I found that it was a small piece of tomato skin

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

Littleblu,

Bat nuts... I love it and ps... I was TN 25 yrs ago

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

we need a damn like button on this thing!!!

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

Suladog! i love Suladog! I will make every effort to make your name right! It matters to me!

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

Man, your friend was awesomeness!! And married a doc too? Nice!

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

ThumbsUpis

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

Tomboy,

Yeah. She did good, she used to say if he loves me with no hair.... He wasn't an MO which I think is a good thing, if I were married to an MO I would be always, "here, feel this! Look at that!" There would be no peace. Since my husband and I work together every day staring at each other across our desk he's used to being shown all sorts of stuff

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

Good Point!

• iamnancy
    iamnancy Member Posts: 641
    edited July 2015
    Options

I love reading all your posts -

Loopy

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited July 2015
    Options

One thing that makes me so mad about being in Crazy Town, is my oncologist's insistance that even if there is no need for treatment, she wants me to keep the port in everytime I mention that I might want it out. I feel like saying to her: "i'm sorry, but since when has this become your body? It's not yours, so quit making decisions on what I should do with it! Now make the arrangements for the port to be removed!"

• littleblueflowers
    edited July 2015
    Options

Suladog, 25 years????? Will you be my spirit animal LOL?

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

Isn't Suladog great!?! And just think, she's been visiting crazytown for all that time!!! Yoiks!

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

You know, I have always wondered (even before I had it), if cancer was just evolution trying to apply its magic. it kind of makes sense to me, in the same way that when I look at the big headed, big eyed depiction of aliens ,I wonder if they are really us, at some point in the future. Think about it. No muscle mass from lack of exercise, bloating from eating things our grandmothers wouldn't recognize as food, big eyes from staring at screens, be they kindles, computers, phones, movies, tv's, and increasingly, our spaceships, er, cars. It's kinda hard to keep your eyes off that little traveling map, isn't it? The big head I also attribute to our ever increasing intelligence, mmm maybe. The long finger thing due to more and more keyboarding, until William Gibson's 'Neuromancer's "jacking" straight to our brain takes place. Greenish skin tone would probably be the result of eating seaweed, which we are getting a pretty good start on, right? So, in my quest to learn more about my dear friend Beppy's fleshly travails, I came across and am delighted to bring this to you, I do hope you enjoy: http://www.rifters.com/crawl/?p=1896 I am going to go and finish reading it now, and just make sure you have a little something on your stomach first, okay?

• Jackbirdie
    edited July 2015
    Options

Tomboy. Unfortunately what you said made a lot of sense to me. Yikes

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

Oh, yeah, and Mods? If you are reading this, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! For deleting all those deleterious, redundant factoids about each of our diagnosis', and treatments, etcetera!!! I finally noticed last night, and but was just to sleepy to post and thank you. It looks much better now. Funny how good I got at ignoring all of it! When did it actually happen?

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi crazies!

My A1C came back borderline....so that means I've got to crack my whip and get my crazy arse moving. uggg, I'm trying to just view it as continued cancer tx.

anyway, I love this thread and I'm so happy to be a part of it :) lol

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

Tang, I am so glad you found a good home here with us! Crazytown Rocks! So happy you are borderline, and can still do something about it! Let's just promise each other to move more, and watch what we eat a little more! Love you