Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CRAZY TOWN WAITING ROOM - TESTS coming up? All Stages Welcome.

Options

Comments

• suladog
    suladog Member Posts: 837
    edited July 2015
    Options

kathy7,

loss of interest? Last time 25 years ago it took them about 2 years to stop asking "how's your health?" after that as I was still around they dropped it.

Slow,
    i can't take ativan as I'm ADD (take meds for it) and it has the opposite effect on me, my MO found that out the hard way 25 years ago, when they gave it to me and I was practically climbing the walls at Cedars Sinai, evidently it has the opposite effect on those of us who are ADD ADHD, after one round of chermo back then they never gave it to me again

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited July 2015
    Options

Suladog, Other than visiting the Crazy Town waiting room, what do you do to relieve stress?

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited July 2015
    Options

Suladog: Ativan works backwards on people with ADD? Huh. I'll keep that in mind.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015
    Options

Ok Miss quiet, shy dsgirl.....today we are celebrating your 6 year BEAST free anniversary!!!!! WWWWooooooHOOOOOOOO!!!

Here are some flowers for you!!!

Wishing you decades upon decades more to come!!!
    We are so happy you are a part of our thread!!

• Jackbirdie
    Jackbirdie Member Posts: 1,617
    edited July 2015
    Options

Katy vs. the bank: a Play Therapy

i couldn't get the link to go where it belonged. Sorry

Beppy- good for you for being willing to try something new. It's a long road back for us all.

I'm in the suburb of Crazytown today where home loans are held up because the bank keeps stepping on its collective dick. They've asked me for forms, the same forms to sign that I can prove I sent 3 weeks ago.

Today they sent a binder request to a homeowner insurance company that is not the one I identified to them, at their request. Weeks ago. In writing. Settlement was supposed to be yesterday. Now they are saying Friday to Monday. Arrrrgghhh.

So here is my creative acting out therapy. The kitty is playing me, dutiful loan applicant. The blue bird is my happily ever happiness in my new home.

• Jackbirdie
    edited July 2015
    Options

Yes dsgirl- Congratulations indeed!!!

😂😂😂🎉🎉🎉👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🎉👏🏻🎈🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015
    Options

hahahahaha Katy.....good one!!

I can totally relate to this one. About three years back we did a refi, and I can write a book on their stall tactics. Our loan was locked, so it was to their benefit to hold up the loan because the rates had gone up. Well they were messing with the wrong girl.....we finally did get the loan for the rate and the terms that were quoted. I've gotten many loans in the past, and the last one was the worst I had ever encountered. Those bozo the clown punching bags would really come in handy for you right now!!

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

Slow,

I run. We have a Siberian husky who's always up for that we live right near a trail which I'm out on every day. I cook which I find very relaxing. My husband and I earn our living as screenwriters so I'm in the office MOn thru Fri, we write comedy so that helps a lot.

Queenmom,

yeah, ADD drugs are basically a form of speed, which actually slows me down, if anyone else took it, they'd have the shakes. I'm always amazed when people can tolerate Ativan and find it relaxes them..not me

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited July 2015
    Options

I have a habit that I not take any meds that are new or unrelated to past ills....coarse it is part of the reason that I got myself in a mess this year with a nasty back problem. I had read that Tylonel was not effective for lower back pain so well did not take it when I hurt my back last spring. Since I am allergic to NSAIDs and end up with an asthma crisis if I take one.....it meant that I just kept hanging on with no meds for the dumb back. Well not really a good idea. I hate the thought of back surgery as most I hear are not that effective. Got a Physical Therapy script from a surgeon finally a couple of months ago so tried that. It helped a lot but finally this past week.....took a dang Tylonel......it helped and now think I will be able to deal with the dumb back without surgery. Dang but I am at times.....stupid, stubborn, must be the PA Dutch in me......

dumb and stubborn as just messed my total summer!

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited July 2015
    Options

PTS.. I'm in the middle of getting my first root canal now too..the crown is so expensive.!!! .. My dentist asked if I wanted a crown or my tooth pulled..But it's so important to keep our teeth .. When I was working in a nursing home the residents were always looking for their teeth, and accusing each other of stealing them 😃

Kathy.. We don't want to know what Ducky was up to in that cockpit.!! It must of been pretty wild to of rocked the plane.!! :-) Yes.. My sister's comment did help me to think a bit more rationally!!

Slow.. You and Hubby will soon be lean mean fighting machines with all that gym equipment.!! I think WHATEVER is a good way to think.. I'm going to give it a try too.! By the way., I haven't wrote to the mods yet.. but I will try to be kind to them 😃.... How old are your nephews?? How long are they staying? Have you started cooking for them yet? What are you cooking? .. See.. I'm a busy body and want to know EVERYTHING ! :-)

Mommy.. Ugh.. Can't you just tell them it's your body, and you don't want the port, and to kindly remove it.!! I wouldn't want it there either.!!

I have a busy weekend coming up.. My nephew's 40th birthday party Friday night.. and my daughter's birthday Saturday.. So I'm having the family for lunch to celebrate.. Am cooking pulled pork and chicken.. It's my new favourite (and easy) way to feed a crowd.

Take care everyone.!

• proudtospin
    edited July 2015
    Options

Lucy, dodged the bullet on a root canal and only~~~a crown but dang it, actually thought about pulling the stupid tooth

dentist is good, he used to teach emergency dentist junk at NYU in NYC and after 911 said nuts to the traffic and set up shop in NJ, glad I found him years ago and I do what ever he tells me, well, not the water pik thing

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015
    Options

Oh my goodness.. It's just occurred to me that I'll never be able to fly again, and go through a bit of turbulence without wondering if Ducky is in the cockpit with the pilot.!! 😃

• dsgirl
    dsgirl Member Posts: 193
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks for the flowers and Congratulations on the 6 years since surgery. Day is almost done, but I will have to find a way to celebrate, maybe a strawberry Margarita !!

Also today got the lab report on the CEA and it's a bit high, so a colonoscopy is scheduled for next month, so I guess I am hanging around CRAZY TOWN for another month. Yuk, anyone that's had one of those know why I say Yuk.

But today I celebrate,

Thanks

dsgirl

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited July 2015
    Options

Lucy- my MO thinks that she has the right to try and tell me that I need her help to make a decision about what is to be done with my body. Hoping that my hubby will be able to go with me and fight with her about it.

• proudtospin
    edited July 2015
    Options

lucy, oh wow, now I have to fear flying and worry about that little lady Ducky? dang but always hated flying any how

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015
    Options

Suladog, Siberian Huskies are such a good looking breed. Running is great exercise. I used to run years ago when my body allowed. I miss the runners high. Nice that you can work from home while going through treatment. Screenwriting seems like it would be a challenging job. My DH and I used to come up with fake scripts for SNL. hahaha I'm sure only we would think they were funny!!

PTS, you've been dealing with that darn back since I've known you. I'm glad to hear you can get through it without surgery. I don't know that stubborn is such a bad thing at times. I hear ya about the PA Dutch being stubborn though. My dad was as stubborn as they come!!

Lucy, hahahahaha.....you always give me a good chuckle. I'm not looking to be a lean machine. I'd be happy just to get up and down my stairs with a little bit of ease!! Yep, that's my new mantra....WHATEVER......you got cancer in your lungs.....WHATEVER.....you got cancer in your thyroid....WHATEVER!!! My nephews are 7 and 5. Did I happen to mention how excited I am to see them???? They are staying for two weeks, but I have to share them with my sister. They are HER grandchildren after all. I think we may have a big family BBQ. We have some beach days planned and a birthday party at my nephews. They are going to Legoland, but I'm not going there....too hot and crowded for me. I'm on my way to your house for the pulled pork and chicken.....YUM!!

dsgirl, A strawberry margarita sounds so good right now!! Colonoscopies are a PITA...pun intended. Let us know when your date comes up. We will be in your pocket. Well....maybe not in your pocket....maybe right outside the waiting room. hahaha We must grab every celebration when we can!!!

Mommy, don't let those MO's intimidate you!!! Stand your ground!!! You can do it!!!

Ducky is afraid to fly like you and me, PTS - so she needs some kind of distraction. Flying will never be the same for any of us now that we know what's causing the turbulence!! haha Good one Lucy!!

Edited for typo

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

Slow,

Yes the good thing is we've always been able to work from home. The one time we worked out of an office at Warners we spent most of our time looking out the windows and getting our friends passes to visit us on the lot. Working from home also enables us to live anywhere as long as we show up in LA when they want us. We didn't work during my 12 wks of taxol as I had non stop Big D which had me spending most of the time in the john and not in the office, but we're back to work again as of a couple of months ago. Our agent is on Facebook and so I always post that we're working every morning just so he doesn't bug us

And here's our girl Patsy , taken while visiting a friends house with us

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited July 2015
    Options

Patsy is a beaut!

• Jackbirdie
    edited July 2015
    Options

Sludge...err I mean Suladog, Patsy is just gorgeous. So nice to have your "dogspiration" on hand when that writer's block makes a visit!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015
    Options

Suladog, She really IS a beauty. Thanks for sharing her picture with us!

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited July 2015
    Options

Suladog Now that Patsy is one beautiful dog! I love the idea of working from home when not feeling secure about "bathroom issues."

Ortho doc wanted bunches of xrays and then steroid shot in knee. MRI of pelvis next.

DH helped a dear friend evacuate her home. Bad bad fire in our forest.

Going to visit my grandchildren tomorrow (300 miles south of here). Hoped to go back to school shopping, but now my knee hurts from the shot! The kids are so much fun that I'm sure I won't even think about Crazy Town. Yeah. Best to all. Jan

• rleepac
    rleepac Member Posts: 193
    edited July 2015
    Options

Brain MRI was normal - yay!

• Jackbirdie
    edited July 2015
    Options

YAY! 🎉🎉🎉🎈🎉🎈🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

rlee,

So glad everything turned out ok!!!!

• Lucy55
    edited July 2015
    Options

dsgirl.. Congrats on being 6 years out.!! 😃 Yes.. I had a colonoscopy this last February..so I know why you are saying Yuk.!! . I just wish they could come up with a preparation that isn't so hideous to try and swallow !!

rleepac.. woot -woot.. So happy your MRI was normal.!!

Jan69.. Yes.. Nothing like the grand -kids to keep our minds out of crazy town.!! I have 8 Grand-babies and the eldest only turned 5 this year.. It's REALLY crazy when they are all together!!

Suladog..Patsie is just gorgeous.!!!

Slow.. Sounds like you have lots of fun activities organized .. The boys will just love Legoland.. and nothing better than going to the beach !!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,882
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hey, SDB, Tomboy directed me (and some Mid-Age "crazies") over here to your thread launch. I am sure your new thread will be a smashing success since everyone loves a well-spun humorous observation, and a laugh is always a welcome distraction from the BC woes. I can vouch for that! So, you go, girl, and happy posting!

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited July 2015
    Options

I love my ortho. He frankly told me what none of the other docs would.... they don't know what's wrong with me! Since they've ruled out "all of the things that could kill me" (cancer, aneurysms, various organ failures, duct blockages and so on) and my pain is gone, I'm moving on.

Suladog, My son wants a husky, badly. I know they are high energy, which concerns me because I'm more of a laid back lab/golden retriever girl. I'm afraid to select a pet on looks alone. We have a huge back yard and I'm up for walks and the dog running while I ride my bike. Can you give me advice about this breed?

The dreaded colonoscopy is in my future, but not until fall. I've decided not to worry about it until later. I have enough to freak out about while trying to teach two of my sons to drive!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015
    Options

Good morning crazies!!

JAN, OUCH!!! Those steroid shots can hurt!!

The ortho doc I went to years ago was terrible at giving shots. I used to get my knees drained when I was younger, and I had an ortho doc do it ONCE. I almost went through the roof!! Now my RA doc is the only one I'll let near my joints with a needle. She is amazing!!

Let us know when you get your pelvis MRI so we can all be in your pocket. Hope the fire is better today. There is nothing like kids to brighten up your day!! Enjoy those grandchildren!!

rleepac, GREAT news!!! I'm so happy for you!!

Lucy, when I had my bowel obstruction while doing chemo, they prescribed a prep that is used for colonoscopies. It was one of the better prep's I've ever had. It was called GoLYTELY. I mixed it with Crystal Light and it surprised me how not awful it tasted. You may want to ask about it.

Eli! So wonderful to see you here!! Thank you so much for your support. It means more than you know!! I'm sure you have a few Crazy Town stories of your own.

For those that don't know Eli, she has two wonderful threads here on BCO. The first one is:

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

And, the other one she co-hosts with NativeMainer.

Middle Aged Memories

Both great threads!!

Poppy, glad to hear your pain has stopped. Good choice to move on....unless it comes back of course. I remember those days of teaching our kids to drive. I'm glad my DH did the teaching, because there is NO WAY I could have taught them. Being the neurotic nut that I am, I can't ride in a car with someone else driving. I guess you already know that! haha

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited July 2015
    Options

Good morning, Bep! Really? I can't even come and race you up and down your street in my racycar? I was really looking forward to it!

I love El's middle age thread! But I just went and checked out the memories one! Hilarious! I need to go and start at the beginning, to see what i've missed! How can you REMEMBER all of those things?!?

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275
    edited July 2015
    Options

My DHs car is a sedan with a hemi engine... very fast. I drive a new full sized SUV. Neither car is good for student drivers.

Okay, I've never told anyone this... not even my DH. When my babies were born, I prayed for them, thanked god for them, asked him to keep them safe. The only thing I asked for myself was that I see them grow up. My first thought when I was diagnosed was that God was answering the last part of my prayer. He would allow me to live to see my boys grow up, then cancer would kill me. My youngest son is 12 and I still think about this. Crazy? Yes, but it is always on my mind.

So much for the usual Poppy!