Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

CRAZY TOWN WAITING ROOM - TESTS coming up? All Stages Welcome.

Options

Comments

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited July 2015
    Options

wow, now why do I think I belong here? hmmm, crashed my computer last week so only back on yesterday, too poor to buy new so dealing with this

broke a tooth last night while eating rice, could this be cancer in the tooth?

every time I get a cramp in my foot or pain in my side, definitely cancer

did have a case of Vertigo a few years ago, turned out to be a sinus infection but docs wanted brain MRI & MRA to rule out cancer, not fun

Ok crazies, you got me hooked!

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    edited July 2015
    Options

I'm really trying this time to move more and eat better. Do you think craving carbs is a symptom of cancer? lol

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited July 2015
    Options

I was wondering the same thing about sugar. it does seem as though carbs are more easily transmogrified into sugar in our bods, that's why our bodies love it! I have really been on a sugar binge, but I have done pretty well on cutting way back on bread pasta rice potatoes. It just seems funny that when they want to image cancer, they give it sugar to see what is avidly eating it?

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

Morning, Beppy, thinking of you, and wishing you very well today

• Jackbirdie
    Jackbirdie Member Posts: 1,617
    edited July 2015
    Options

My MO will not eat any sugar. In fact he hardly eats anything. He's probably lurking on the outskirts of Crazytown.

Or he knows more than he's telling..

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited July 2015
    Options

Passed through the outskirts/suburbs of crazytown: slogging on the elliptical trainer at the Y today, I looked up at the display just as it switched to 'METS 9' Splitsecond of panic until I realized Oh never mind: it means the measure of exertion.

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

When i had to go to pt for my shoulder, my guy was kinda funny, he would ask me to do one more or three more, he said he never says do two more.

Love it, Jackbirdie!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited July 2015
    Options

Wow....you crazies have been busy!!

Tomato skin! hahahahahaha

Suladog, you give me hope. 25 years out from TN is awesome!!

Mommy, if you want your port out, I don't think they can make you keep it in....can they? I've never had a port. I had a PIC line many years ago, but never a port.

Tomboy, I wonder if my future alien carries around a flashlight and magnifying glass too? haha Interesting theory.

Tang, borderline sounds like great news to me. It means you still have time to halt it in its tracks!! Of course moving around can be a challenge for many of us. You want some motivation, go check out the exercise thread. Those women are awesome!! All such beautiful souls too. They will get you moving for sure!! We are happy you're a part of this thread too!!!!

PTS, it is Grrrrrreat (said like Tony the Tiger) to see you here! I'm glad you decided to join us crazies!! Cancer of the tooth....hahahahahahaha So glad we've got you hooked......mmmmmwwwwahahaha...there's no escaping us now!!

Katy, I'm seriously considering cutting out all sugar. I never really craved sugar too much before my diagnosis. So maybe there is some truth to the big C wanting sugar cookies to snack on.

Q.....think i'll call you "Q".....less typing for me!! That is just too funny about your elliptical spewing out METS. I'd be wanting that reprogrammed!!

I spent a good portion of my night and morning visiting Crazy Town. Got the results of my CT scan.

lobe 5 mm lung nodule. No pleural effusion. Multiple small
    gallstones. Normal heart size. No adrenal mass.
    IMPRESSION:
    1. Left breast clips and irregular densities, likely post surgical.
    2. Right thyroid 6 mm hypodense nodule, nonspecific.
    3. Bilateral parotid prominence; query inflammation/infection.
    4. Smooth pericardial thickening, 4 mm.
    5. Left upper lobe 5 mm lung nodule.
    6. Gallstones.

All I can say is the gall of those stones!! Perhaps I'm a bit confused about my anatomy, but how would a head and chest CT scan show gallstones????

I'm clinging on to the part of the email that said - your CT scan does not show obvious cancer. I'm guessing the enlarged neck is the bilateral parotid prominence.

Tomboy, thank you dear friend for the talk off the ledge!! Sure glad you can decipher gibberish, because I have no idea what any of that stuff is, nor do I care to know!!!

Ok, crazies....hope you all have a spectacular, pain free day. I'm off to polish my crazy town emergency kit. Love to all!!!
  • queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited July 2015
    Options

None of my radiologists/imaging techs seemed terribly dramatic in their readings--mine noted something along the lines of "multiple opaque cysts on right ovary--neoplastic changes cannot be ruled out". Talk about a swift trip through crazytown to the cold light of dawning reality! (It wasn't "neoplastic", thank dog.)

Didn't help that that display popped up just as I grasped the 'heartbeat reader' handgrips. I guess I've gotten used to the little handheld bodyfat reader and my addled brain skipped straight to OMG HOW DID IT KNOW? WHAT HAS THE YMCA DONE? (they do have a couple of trainers with experience in working with cancer patients)

Just as long as the aliens have a good quinine-rich tonic in their collection of mixers. For my muscle cramps. I swear. But I admit nothing.

• dsgirl
    dsgirl Member Posts: 193
    edited July 2015
    Options

Wow, Wow, I say Wow again, you crazies are prolific posters, I have been on BCO, on and off, for 6 years, and have managed only 169 posts, I am the very very quiet, and very shy one.

Anywho, my Onco visits was fine, he does tumor markers, and one of the tests were forgotten, or missed, but exam went well, and the CA27.29 results were good, and since I so enjoy reading here, this thread is in my favorites and I will find you again, and maybe even post here some day again. lol

Love this thread

dsgirl

• suladog
    suladog Member Posts: 837
    edited July 2015
    Options

Littleblu,

ha! sure thing. I like to say after being given a poor prognosis back in the day, when they really didn't know what the hell to do, I've lived long enough to join this club again

Tomboy,

I loved Neuromancer, will definitely check out Rifters, I think I need fiberoptics running through my port

and btw, I spent quite a few years ignoring my property in Crazy Town, except if something hurt, or I got the sniffles, or a cough etc. so I'm back now for an extended stay until I can talk myself out of here again (might take a while)

Mommy,

I am getting this port out in Jan so fast it would make your head spin. I already told my MO, who totally understands. My nurse says she's got a patient she gave chemo to 15 years ago who kept hers in. She ran into her the other day and the woman said she's keeping it "for luck". Yikes! No thanks. I can understand that but nothing makes me feel more like a "patient" than that thing

• sewingnut
    sewingnut Member Posts: 475
    edited July 2015
    Options

Suladog, I had my last Herceptin tx on a Friday and Monday AM the following week I had my port out. My Onc said I could have it out whenever I wanted. That was easy peasy. Mine was done under conscious sedation as an outpatient.

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

Sewing,

I want to be knocked the fuck out when they remove it. I have deliberately not read anything about installing them or removing them or wherever the hell they go once they're inside, it creeps me out too much. I can't wait to remove it!!!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015
    Options

dsgirl, Happy to hear your checkup went well. I've racked up so many posts while going through treatment, I played the games here on BCO. It was a good distraction late into the night when I couldn't sleep.

rleepac, I'm guessing you're circling the border of Crazy Town with that MRI of your head coming up tomorrow. Sending good thoughts to you. Please let us know how it goes.

JAN, good luck to you tomorrow at the ortho.

Suladog, I'm sensing some dislike for your port. hahaha
    I chose not to have one, even with the year of Herceptin. I never regretted that choice.

Q, that's pretty funny. Good thing you're not a paranoid person.

EFT

• littleblueflowers
    littleblueflowers Member Posts: 391
    edited July 2015
    Options

Ya all considering deportation, it is no big deal. I was making it a huge giant deal, like the size of a spider in my bed kind of deal. I was awake and didn't feel a thing. My MO popped it out, and stitched me up 6 days after my last taxol. Now...he's a crappy surgeon, just saying. The knots in my stitches are coming out. But...so much better to have the Lil bast ard gone! Site hurts a little. But still. Always better to be fully human!

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

Littleblu,

Eeeeek Shocked

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited July 2015
    Options

imageOk, ladies I am making my official first appearance on Crazytown.............some of you already know me and love me.......LOL.

Fot those who don't I need to tell you something very important.............

I am the oldes, smartest, pretties, funniest, sexiest Crazy Broad you will ever meet on a thread........Oh and I am a member of the Mile High Club...........and just ask my Pilot...........

He was dead serious when he said "OMG", was that turbulance, or did yo just Rock my Plane...............

So here I am like it or not...........love you ladies........

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited July 2015
    Options

Thanks Slow, I've been wearing sandals all summer, and my feet are pretty messed up. So in prep for ortho appt I gave my feet this full home-style version of a pedi. Even shaved those 3 remaining hairs on my legs. I'm ready for him to tell me to just suck it up.

My actual town (in the Sierra forest) is covered with dense smoke. One of those California forest fires is burning just above our town. I think there are more fire personnel here than actual residents. At least no structures have burned, but many people have been evacuated for several days now. We are about 3 miles from the edge.

Waving hi to all citizens and lurkers of Crazy Town. Jan

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

That's awful,Jan. I am originally from sacramento, and they use to burn the rice hulls AND leaves there when I was a kid. But I really never heard of bad fires like they are having in that part of Cali as they are now. Hope it stays away from homes and the animals have a place to run to. Good luck with oath tomorrow. ok it just said oath when i actually physically typed 'ortho'. And thats with spellcheck off.

Duck. AHAH! THERE's your pilot! We have been going pretty crazy around here, so you might have to actually PROVE you're the craziest! Welcome

Rleepac thinking of you ahead of time, sleep well, no worries. We are all surrounding you with our crazy town protection devices.

• rleepac
    rleepac Member Posts: 193
    edited July 2015
    Options

Ativan will help me sleep well...I hate relying on drugs but sometimes in life it's necessary. This is year has been 'one of those times'!

I'm sure it will be fine. Just precautionary. But I'll be glad when it's done :)

Bekah

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

Suladog, I hope you never go away from here. even if you lose the map.

dsgirl, i am glad you found us.

• suladog
    edited July 2015
    Options

Tomboy,

Oh I'm sticking around. This is my favorite room

• Tomboy
    edited July 2015
    Options

me so happy! ok, gonna go hang with my boymanfriend, he has a summer cold... I am catering to his whims!

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited July 2015
    Options

Slow.. Just wanted to check in quickly to see how your MRI went.. I've been thinking of you all day ! So happy there is no cancer "only " gallstones.. Yes ! The gall of those stones :-) My scan last year also showed a lung nodule.. My doctor said it was nothing to worry about, and very common.. You must be feeling like a huge weight is lifted off you.. Enjoy the feeling.!! :-)

Ducky.. HaHaHa.. I sort of thought you must of been off with your hot pilot. :-)

Tomboy.. Hope your boymanfriend is feeling better! Men are suck sooks when they are sick :-)

Hi to everyone... What a great thread, and great bunch of ladies here :-)

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited July 2015
    Options

Allllllllllllllllllll Rightttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ducky's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Party Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If next CT scan is good, I am going to insist on the port being taken out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tired of walking around with it in my body. Its still making me feel as if I am not a full human being. Don't care if I have a scar from its removal or any other marks showing that it had been there. Its no biggie to have it taken out, I was knocked out when they put the thing in, they can knock me out to remove it!

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited July 2015
    Options

Lucy 55

You have a great sister! What a blessing - she did not do that little quiet reaction moment which is just enough time to allow your brain to go deep into crazy town. She grounded you with her coffee in the lap comment! Everyone should have a sister like that!

Susan hg123

Don't you have spell check - I think weenies is spelled wrong - it is D.I.C.K. !

Suladog

What would you guess the time frame is for lose of interest?

I think when people make those unthoughtful comments, (because they are obviously spontaneous and without fore thought - most times, unless they are evil) they are validating something inside that they are healthy and relieved. I hope, that mostly it is diarrhea of the mouth!

• kathy7
    kathy7 Member Posts: 211
    edited July 2015
    Options

Ducky,

Only you could charm your way into a cockpit in these post 9-11 days - What did you trade????????????????

got to go to a stupid meeting, to waste time?

later

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015
    Options

Ducky!! So good to see you posting again!! I've missed you!!

JAN, hahahaha!! I do the same thing. It's weird how we don't do maintenance on ourselves until someone outside of our family has to see us. I've been following the news on the fires. You're getting hammered up there. I hope they get them out soon. Very scary being so close.

rleepac....Yes! Ativan is our friend. It kicks Crazy Town down a few notches. You've got all these women sending good thoughts your way, so there is no other choice for it to be fine!!!

Lucy, so glad you checked in! I'm not too worried about the node on the lung at the moment. They did refer me to an endocrinologist for the node on the thyroid. I've had this swollen neck since chemo, and last year they did an MRI. Well this year, I just went in for a blood test because I've been so tired, and I came out with a CT scan and a million other appointments. I guess he thought a year of neck swelling was too long. haha They originally told me it was a SE from chemo. So my word for the day is.....WHATEVER!!

Kathy, do we really want to know what Ducky traded to get into that cockpit????? hahaha.....<fingers in ears>....lalalalalalalala.

PTS, how is the computer doing?? Still working I hope!!

Five more days for my niece and her boys to visit!! I just can't wait to see them.
    My son signed a new lease, so I guess his room is all ours now.
    My DH cleaned the carpet last night, and we are turning that room into an exercise room.
  • proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited July 2015
    Options

Slow, well computer is working, called the company and they took it back to factory settings so gonna live with it

sides I broke a tooth~~~and just returned from my lovely Dentist who is expecting a lot of money from me for fixing the dang thing! He has been saving this tooth since 03 with fillings and such so today when I went, I knew it was last rights on the stupid thing, oh well, my first crown so guess not too bad?

Have a great time with the kiddoes and enjoy your new exercise room

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015
    Options

PTS, I'm glad it's still working. Wow....that's a long time to keep a tooth alive!!

My DH has weights, an exercise bike and we will be getting a treadmill today. It's it really difficult to walk in this terrible heat, so we decided to try a treadmill. I really need to work off this chemo weight. I've never been so heavy....gained 50 pounds since chemo. I weigh more now than when I was 9 months pregnant!!! I will start out slow. I'm hoping to have it all off by this time next year.