Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Cats, cats, cats

Comments

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 955

Rocky is quite a character. I found him in October of 2021. He climbed in my car when i was doing inspections on day. The neighbors said he just showed up on day and wanted I side everyone's house. A few people took him in, but kept putting him back out. He can be quite a feisty cat. He loves people but if you don't do what he wants he will smack you. Ouch. Other times he is so gentle. Originally he was going to a friend but the friend decided on a dog instead. I kept him along with my other three which were all from out side including my feral mama. Rocky is around 14 or 15. He only has a few teeth so I am not sure he would last outside anymore. He has only wanted to go out since we started fostering an old and sick dog.

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,287

Rocky is beautiful.

It did work out for adopting Rickey-Bob. I think Midnight Louie is happy. I have not been feeling well and he ha been very attentive. He loves his momma, all to himself. LOL

• brutersmom

Today Rocky went back out side. He obviously has never been out on a leash. Some how he wound up stuck in the middle of a bush. Wish I had stopped to take a picture. Instead I went to rescue him. My husband is clearing the tree area of weeds and stumps. Grass will get mowed later this weekend. He is hiding in the grass and a patch of ☘️ clover.

• brutersmom

My foster pup is not doing well. He seems to be in a lot of pain, refuses to eat and sleeps all the time. I have been noticing when he breathes his chest pulls in. He does have testicular cancer and stones in the kidney and bladder. I try to get an appointment today but they had nothing until tomorrow evening that I could get him there for. He is 15. I am not feeling optimistic but you never know. They told me in the condition he was when he first came to us in August he probably wouldn't make it till Christmas. 😥

• petite1

brutersmom, That is so sad

• brutersmom

Deigo saw the vet. We decided that because of his age and other health problems, we would treat him conservatively. She gave him a long acting antibiotic shot for infection because with his teeth he probably has one. And she gave him a three day pain med. If he doesn't start eating there is not much else we can do for him because of his age and then I will have to make that hard decision that no one wants to make. He was actually pretty perky at the vet.

• brutersmom

Rocky is being a challenge today. Don't know what is getting into him. This is marbles job.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,858

Thanks for the laugh. Misty likes to unwind a brand new tube of toilet paper all over the powder room on occasion.

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 585

Lol - Rocky looks very satisfied with himself.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925

• brutersmom

Deigo update. He went to the vet. We gave it one last try. The vet gave him a shot of pain med and long acting antibiotic. I really didn't think he was going to make it. He hadn't eaten since Sunday. Last night he started walking to the food bowl but wouldn't eat. Gave him some left over chicken and he ate that and his food. A could hours later I gave him more food and some cooked hamburger. He ate all that and he ate his morning breakfast. I really didn't expect a trun around like this. Now in cat news rocky the fat cat continues his antics again today. Sleeping next to ,"his" water bowl. I did not have approval for this picture. I think he is .y hot and grumpy cat.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,730

Way to go Diego!

• betrayal

He rather does look like he has a knot in his knickers! LOL

• petite1

They are so cute!

• m0mmyof3

The look he’s giving the camera is comical

• petite1

Midnight Louie likes to go cat fishing

• m0mmyof3

That’s cute!

• malleemiss251

"mine, all mine" - he looks like he is having fun. Does he "talk" to birds? One of mine does when she sees them through the window.

• petite1

He is pretty quite and a stealth cat.

• malleemiss251

Ah - an assassin kitty, a ninja kitty, and a kitty of talent. 😀

• m0mmyof3

He kind of reminds me of this

• brutersmom

Cats you never know what to expect. You never know what to eexpect next.

• m0mmyof3

nope

• brutersmom

I noticed that spookiesmom has not been on this feed much lately. I just learned on another page that she has recently passed. I am sure her little buddies will miss her as much as we will. Regrets to the family and may she rest in peace.

• petite1

I am sad to hear that.

• betrayal

I enjoyed spookiesmom's posts and the antics of her pets. I will miss her. I hope her family will provide for her pets since they were so dearly loved.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 782

I'm so sorry to hear this.

• m0mmyof3
    edited June 27

Oh man! I used to love talking to her here. she’s going to be missed by many.

My girls are being total love bugs since I got home from my outpatient surgery yesterday. They have both been cuddling with me and giving me face smushes which is highly unusual for Princess to do. For Grace though it’s a common thing. They both have been avoiding putting a paw anywhere near my belly as that’s where the incisions are.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925

I’m sure Spookiesmoms DD will take care of her critters. She’s an animal lover

• brutersmom

Cat in a box.