Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Cats, cats, cats

Options

Comments

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 887
    Options

Cat up date. The tree is still standing. Mama has be out to see if the tree. She is not a fan of people but she is fascinated by our tree topper. She will sit there for long periods of time.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    Options

There no breakable ornaments on my tree, only felt from kits over the past 50+ years. So far he’s gotten 2 off the tree. Don’t know how. I was more concerned about the tree skirt which I also made. Thought the ball fringe would be interesting. So far he’s left it alone.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

I used to have to tie the tree to a door knob but this year there has been no attempted tree climbing by the girls. They only go under it to get away from their “brother” if he is chasing them while they play.

• petite1
    petite1 Member Posts: 2,191
    Options

So far, Midnight Louie has not bothered with Christmas decorations. Yay.

• brutersmom
    Options

My cats have been behaved so far. I have left the ornaments off. Just can't motivate to put them on. Looks pretty without them when the lights are on. Boring right now. One of my cats barfed on the tree skirt, so it is not on right now. Maybe Sunday before our holiday gathering. My foster dog so badly wants to play with the cats but they will not let him. He had a really bad day yesterday but is much better today. Not sure what happened. So much for my crazy house hold of 4 cats and a dog.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,157
    Options

I can identify with you brutersmom. I have 3 cats and a dog. At present the shy cat lives in the primary bedroom and occasionally drifts to the first floor looking for me but the other 2 roam the house. The youngest and most recent addition follows me around so she pretty much stays on the first floor or travels to the basement. They occasionally let the dog lick them but she is rough in play so they are not keen on that and their tolerance is low.

• spookiesmom
    Options

Spooky absolutely hates the cat. He came From a house with a standard poodle, and he knew what dogs were in poodles are pretty even tempered, and when I still had my poodle, the two of them would play really funny to watch. I kind of wish that the cat would smack spooky and stop it but she’s the diva so probably wouldn’t work but he does come up and sniff her she’s 14: deaf and blind and doesn’t know he’s there it’s funny to watch. I was looking at some cat memes, and I decided that next year I’m gonna have trains around my Christmas tree. DH was a train nut I still have his trains, and that should scare the stuff out of the cat to keep him away from the tree I hope.

• petite1
    Options

Midnight Louie has been sleeping a lot. He doesn't like cool weather. He is a Florida cat.

• spookiesmom
    Options

ptwacket sleeps all day anyway can’t tell if it’s because it’s cooler or not but it’s gonna be cold tonight. They’ve opened up the shelters for the homeless here and I think tomorrow too but I got the heat on and he’s curled up on a blanket will be OK.

• petite1
    Options

Where are the cat lovers?

• spookiesmom
    Options

Is that your new baby?

• brutersmom
    Options

So cute. I love the color. Did he just move in.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,877
    Options

Petite, Is that a new kitty or the one you lost last year? Torties are the best.

• petite1
    Options

That was Miss Felix. She died last December, a few days before DH. She was a pretty calico.

• spookiesmom
    Options

My grand cat getting comfy in this cold, Florida weather

• petite1
    Options

Spookiesmom, Midnight Louie wants to just sleep through the winter.

• brutersmom
    Options

It is about 13 degrees here. I really haven't seen much of my cats the last 2 days. We had a couple itches of snow over night. Marbles was out wanting to be held but she eventually disappeared. Supposed to warm up to 30 by Thursday. My daughter was without power Sunday night to Monday and she called me about bringing her cats over because they were acting cold. That night was in the 20's.

• brutersmom
    Options

Since knee surgery I have neglected making my bed. It has been in the teens at night and twenties during the day. My white and black cat is not part of the in crowded. I guess it doesn't matter when it is cold out. Plus today we had 5.5 inches of snow.

• spookiesmom
    Options

Happy birthday to meeeee

Today I am 3

• wren44
    Options

Happy Birthday Pyewacket! Enjoy treats.

• betrayal
    Options

He's so handsome. Hope he enjoys his birthday.

• petite1
    Options

Such a pretty kitty. Louie's birthday is next month.

• brutersmom
    Options

Spookiesmom. What a cutie.

• brutersmom
    Options

Why is it alway so hard to make the bed after I wash the sheets. Not shown is my foster dog Deigo trying to trip me. 🥰

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,759
    Options

I rarely post on this thread but I do have it flagged. I can so relate to making your bed, Brutersmom! I have to sneak into the bedroom and shut the door to keep the cats out in order to change the sheets. Your picture describes it perfectly!

• petite1
    Options

Love the picture. Midnight Louie had a birthday and is now 8 years old. Time flies.

• betrayal
    Options

This used to be my garden window with a shelf and lots of plants. Now it has become Misty's sunning spot and she has graciously permitted me to place one Jade plant in there. Love her crossed paws cattitude.

• wren44
    Options

Gorgeous cat. I would take over that window too if I were a cat. Sun, soft bed, windows to watch birds. What's not to like?

• shrinkrap59
    shrinkrap59 Member Posts: 32
    Options

This one is my daughter's

• petite1
    Options

Beautiful kitties.😍