Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Cats, cats, cats

Options

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,864
    edited August 2015
    Options

Go to youtube and search for skinny cat. He started out weighing 41 lbs and has exercised and dieted until he's 19 lbs. It took a year, because cats can't lose weight fast.

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited August 2015
    Options

My cats are persian. They are so loving. I have to brush everyday and I give them a bath once a week. Also vacuum alot.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited August 2015
    Options

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited August 2015
    Options

FF, is that Arthur

• panthrah
    panthrah Member Posts: 140
    edited August 2015
    Options

all the comics are 100% true. I have cat tattoos, I went to CatCon, while i was in college I ran into my 6th grade teacher.. he remembered my name and asked if i still like cats, I had a cheetah at my wedding :)

• kt1966
    kt1966 Member Posts: 1,021
    edited August 2015
    Options

Climbing the bean frame ;)

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Great picture Kt1966 - BTW there's another wonderful cat lady from NZ on Warm Fuzzies, got to get her to come over here and post some pics of her babies.

Smaarty - yes Arthur exploring the deck DH was repairing - it's on stilts about 20 feet off ground - cats know no fear. Hope you are having a great time this rainy Sunday Winking What we call a "soft day" here gentle rain with no wind. XX

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi all! How exciting to be invited to this page! Thanks Feelinfeline! I "know" KT from the NZ BC page. :)

In the spirit of participation, we had a neighbour's sheep wander into our yard yesterday. Moppet was keenly observing. She's one of our 3 recent foster failures.

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Love the "foster failure" meaning lucky Moppet got kept by you. Not my definition of a failure Nerdy

Pantrah you cannot mention that you had a cheetah at your wedding without telling more!! What was the story?

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015
    Options

What beautiful cats everyone has! I want to hear the cheetah story too! We did the cheetah encounter about 18 months ago. It was awe inspiring. This is a video of Charlie the Cheetah meowing. He is just an amazing animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_S5UmBweug

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Charlie ThumbsUp

• panthrah
    panthrah Member Posts: 140
    edited August 2015
    Options

we got married at the Wild Animal Park ( now called The Safari Park) in San Diego. they brought us over a fat zoo cheetah (who gets his clues from a dog.. if the dog is relaxed the cat will be) who purred, ate a snack.. sprawled over the floor. I didnt even tell my mom and all my guests were shocked . Had a few other critters show up during the reception. no one expected the cheetah :p this was 3 years ago this coming tuesday :) and today we leave for disneyland for 4 days :P Im totally going to wear mouse ears

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Wow that is one unusual wedding photo! Congratulations and long life and happiness to you both. Enjoy the holiday Nerdy

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    edited August 2015
    Options

Smarrty, I just love this thread, and I don't have a cat :).

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308
    edited August 2015
    Options

Can't believe I didn't see this thread before. We lost our "Victoria Louise" a couple of years ago & don't have the heart to replace her yet. But I love seeing all the pictures of yours. Please keep posting pics. Thanks, GG

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,168
    edited August 2015
    Options

Very cool wedding pic!!!!!

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015
    Options

What an awesome place to have a wedding, panthrah! What a beautiful bride, groom, and big kitty! I love that the purr and meow. When I lived in the US, I did the wild animal park at least 2 or 3 times a year; my best friend lives in Rancho Bernado, so it was an easy trip to the park.

Dee - Victoria Louise was beautiful. It's so hard to lose them.

Arthur and his toys - how adorable.

This is another one of our beasts - Frida. She has her own facebook page that she's not very good at updating. :)

• OncoWarrior
    OncoWarrior Member Posts: 3,326
    edited August 2015
    Options

feelingfeline, I still remember those lovely "soft days" in Ireland. Heavenly!

We don't get that kind of weather here.

• OncoWarrior
    OncoWarrior Member Posts: 3,326
    edited August 2015
    Options

Here's a video. I hope this works. meow.

https://vimeo.com/26828021

• marathongirl
    marathongirl Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2015
    Options

Nemo knows how to get attention!

• CAMommy
    CAMommy Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2015
    Options

This is how I hang. ~ Dusty

Feed us human. ~Dusty and Starkist

I occasionally let my brother sit with me. It does not matter that he was there first. ~ Starkist and Ralphie Cat

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,924
    edited August 2015
    Options

This picture is 27 years old. DH and my first 'family cats' after we got married. A lovely brother/sister pair we got from a 'to give away to a good home' ad in the paper. They both lived very long, happy cat lives and brought lots of love and fun to our home.image

• marathongirl
    marathongirl Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2015
    Options

Oscar and Edie checking out catnip-laced toy!

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015
    Options

Dusty the monorail cat! Is Dusty a ragdoll?

Nemo certainly is a star!

Starkist - what a great name and beautiful kitty. And Ralphie Cat. :)

Edie and Oscar are adorable.

What lovely babies you adopted, Ruth!

• CAMommy
    CAMommy Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2015
    Options

kwiwcatmom, We believe dusty is a ragdoll but we got him from the shelter so we don't know for sure. He has all the characteristics of one.

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015
    Options

He's beautiful (as are all of your kitties). I had ragdolls when I lived in the US; they were "rejects" deemed not acceptable for breeding for various reasons, so they were essentially rescues as they would have been put down if not adopted. So I have a very soft spot for ragdolls. And all cats. And all animals. :)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,864
    edited August 2015
    Options

My cat Marmalade would do the monorail on our deck railing. It was almost a story from the ground. He only had one eye, so we were never sure he knew how far up he was. Having one eye never stopped him from doing anything he wanted.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,924
    edited August 2015
    Options

This picture is 27 years old. DH and my first 'family cats' after we got married. A lovely brother/sister pair we got from a 'to give away to a good home' ad in the paper. They both lived long, happy catly lives and brought lots of love and fun into our home.image

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015
    Options

Not my cats, but cute!