Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Cats, cats, cats

Comments

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited August 2015

This is Riley. I think she misses me

• CAMommy
    CAMommy Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2015

awwww....

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,836
    edited August 2015

• panthrah
    panthrah Member Posts: 140
    edited August 2015

• CAMommy
    edited August 2015

My kitty Dusty does this to me all th time. <_<

• ruthbru
    edited August 2015

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited August 2015

Riley ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp

• Donna-Dew
    Donna-Dew Member Posts: 209
    edited August 2015

I am loving this thread, it makes me laugh out loud and then "awwww" all at the same time. Will introduce you to some of my sweetie felines...

This is Lily...

• Donna-Dew
    edited August 2015

This is Gidget ...

• Donna-Dew
    edited August 2015

And this is Prowler, the orange tabby, and can you see Lily, the demon-child in the background?

• CAMommy
    edited August 2015

awwwwww, I love them.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2015

Cute!

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited August 2015

Beautiful kitties! Love photobomb Lily. :)

This is really funny...hope the link works:

http://aboveaverage.com/cat-soap-opera/

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015

• ruthbru
    edited August 2015

I can't even think of a caption for this!

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015

Love it! Two of my foster kittens were gingers and one would lay on his back like that and stretch his paws out. So darn cute!

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015

Donna Dew - wow those are beautiful photos of your beautiful cats.

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015

Kiwi

Cat Hospital = brilliant ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp Shortland Street meets Animal Hospital

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited August 2015

Love this thread! I can't believe no-one thought of this before! Thanks, Smaarty! This is Lump, whom I lost before several years before DX, I STILL miss him..

• Tomboy
    edited August 2015

and here is his 'beefcake' shot..he was a little older then, and with his winter coat

• Donna-Dew
    edited August 2015

Awwww Tomboy, that photo just makes me want to reach out and smooth Lump's tummy, soft as angel's hair, a little piece of heaven :)

• Donna-Dew
    edited August 2015

CAMommy, I loved the photo of Dusty doing the starfish on the bed, so funny lol.

KiwiCatMom, the cat hospital soap opera was hilarious! My cats would never be able to act like those cats, they wouldn't stand still for their parts, they're way too busy, when they're not napping!

Ruth, so sweet the photo of Henry and Oreo :))

FeelingFeline, wow Arthur's eyes are so beautiful and green, like emeralds, a beautiful tabby boy!

None of my girlfriends have cats and I was starting to feel like the crazy cat lady when our family included four felines! It wasn't planned, honest. They were just homeless cats that over the years found their way to my welcome doorstep and I couldn't say no. We have 3 cats now since Pumpkin passed in January. I still miss her.

Thank you Smaarty for starting this great thread.

• Tomboy
    edited August 2015

I immortalized my Lumpy in a painting:he is hiding behind an old ceramic planter by the door with miniblinds, I hadn't finished the rug

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015

Aww..Lump was beautiful. I agree with Donna - just want to pet that furry tummy! So hard when they pass, but they bring such joy when they share their lives with us.

Donna - four cats does not a crazy cat lady make. I love cats. I love dogs. I love alpacas. I love sheep (not for dinner). I love Charlie the Cheetah. You get the picture...I'm an animal nut. We have eight cats. So everyone thinks I'm the nutty cat lady. But it's not me. It's my husband. He's a nutty cat man. When I met him 9 years ago, I had Jay, who was 18, and Nitro, who was about 3. Then DH came to the US and a lady asked us to babysit a cat she was fostering as she had a family emergency. So we ended up with Romeo. Sadly, Jay passed away, so we were back to two. We move to NZ. Go into a pet food store and this kitten climbs up on my husband. That added Turbo to the family. Then we go to the vet (two years later) and there's two kittens there at Christmas time. My husband announces that he wants one for Christmas. I asked which one, and he said I could decide which one stayed behind and alone for Christmas. So we added GC and Lucypurr. Then we went to buy cat food at a pet food store and there's this cute tuxedo kitty with a perfect white moustache. She's my fault...that's Frida.

So, I foster a momcat and six kittens. Momcat got spayed and went back to her owner and 3 kittens got adopted out. The two girls weren't big enough to be spayed yet, and one of the boys had a bad eye. So DH decides we should keep the boy with the bad eye to make sure he'll "get the care he needs". So we now have Tom. Sadly, GC disappeared, and has not yet returned. I get the girl fosters spayed and am going to take them into the Kitten Inn for adoption. And DH says that Tom will be lonely without them so we should keep one. I asked which one and he said, "Well, how would you choose? I guess we'd better keep them both." Hence Moppet and MIttens. Now, I am a willing participant, but it's really not entirely my fault!

Here's a shot of DH with Tom (left) and Mittens.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2015

A man who loves animals is a keeper!!!!!!

• CAMommy
    edited August 2015

oh my goodness Kiwi, what a great story. My dh would be the same way. we had 5 cats at one time once :o.

• Tomboy
    edited August 2015

KiwiKatMom, adorable! What a great story! You can tell how gentle a soul your husband is, just by that picture. Thanks for sharing!

• moni731
    moni731 Member Posts: 212
    edited August 2015

Hi all, love this thread! As soon as I figure out how to upload a pic, will do so of my three babies. In the meantime, I have a practical question. Have any of you found a carpet that is cat tolerant? Mine seem to feel that the entire floor (up and down stairs) is an extension of their extensive cat trees (yes, multiple) ! I am to replace it once again and have not found one to stand up to them. Right now, short plush, before that berber. Help!

Fortunately, we live very rural and do not get strays here. That could be bad, very bad.....

• Donna-Dew
    edited August 2015

KiwiCatMom, I read your wonderful story out loud to my husband and had a great laugh (because we can relate) as we pictured your feline family expanding :)) Just loved the photo of Tom and Mittens snuggled in your husband's arms. My husband loves animals too, and like Ruth said those type of guys are definitely keepers!

Tomboy, what a beautiful painting of Lumpy. With the mix of colors you chose, my eye was drawn to sweet Lumpy. Such a special memento!

Teka, let the fun and games begin! This is the drama of daily life in the household with multiple cats :)

Moni, I was never able to solve the carpet problem and ended up going with laminate and ceramic tile throughout. We have one area rug in the living room and it needs replacing badly after just 3 years. It's hard to justify spending good money on a new one that I know will become a glorified scratching pad. Sigh. Would love to see your cat photos! To insert photos into your post, click on the square box with the two triangles inside (the big and little triangle are meant to look like a mountain I think). The box is in the bar above where you start typing your post. Hope I explained that ok lol!!

Donna

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,860
    edited August 2015

Keeping claws trimmed helps. I think a vet would have to do our cat's.