Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Cats, cats, cats

Options

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2015
    Options

imageThis is Frank, he died almost a year ago, he was afraid of his own shadow as he had been bullied since he was a kitten by our older cat, he didn't realize he was 3 times her size and could have taken her out with one swipe of his paw, he was a little crazy but I loved him and I miss him.

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited August 2015
    Options

Awww..Frank was lovely.

• kt1966
    kt1966 Member Posts: 1,021
    edited August 2015
    Options

I love everyone's photos :)

Hi Terre, nice to see you here too! (You had to be here!)

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015
    Options

Of course, KT! :) Here's Romeo checking out the sheep.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited August 2015
    Options

RIP Frank and Victoria Louise Heart

So many beautiful cat pictures since I went to bed last night!!!

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Kiwi - I hadn't seen a pic of Frida in so long! How is she?

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015
    Options

Frida is fine. Her coat is quite dense and while she's a short-haired cat, her fur stands up so she looks a bit fluffy. So she's prettier than ever. She's quite the mouser, which isn't a bad thing. She and the kittens play together, which is quite entertaining. They kind of bat at each other (no claws) and Friday flips herself upside down on the scratching pole. Keep trying to get video of it, but as soon as I get the camera (or phone) going, she stops.

At the last house we were in we had dairy cows next door and they'd come visit from time to time. Romeo would growl at them through the patio doors. He didn't seem as bothered by the sheep but he was a bit fluffed up and on guard. Caused a lot of excitement at our place!

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Kiwi glad to hear Frida is doing well. She is so distinctive with her little moustache. I lived in Kerry from '94 - '96 and my cat family used to wander up the drive with the neighbouring cows, they didn't seem to be at all disturbed by their size. Unfortunately all those photos are pre-digital and I will need a second lifetime to ever get round to "digitising" them!

• taniae
    taniae Member Posts: 60
    edited August 2015
    Options
    • This is Sasha, my beautiful Burmese
  • taniae
    taniae Member Posts: 60
    edited August 2015
    Options

imageThis is Sasha, my beautiful Burmese. She was by my side day and night while I was recovering from my surgery and going through treatments.

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Sasha ThumbsUp What a comfort!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,937
    edited August 2015
    Options

imageAnother old picture I love: DS sharing a book with his buddy.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,168
    edited August 2015
    Options

Do you say her name TeeKa, or TekA? What does it mean?

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015
    Options

Teka sniffing the daffs - just beautiful! Reminding us all to stop and notice the flowers no doubt. We have some daffs in bloom; however, ours mostly seem to sniff the compost heap. Bit of a worry.

• CAMommy
    CAMommy Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2015
    Options

If my eyes are shut I can't see you. If I can't see you then you do not exist. Even if I'm sitting on your lap.

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015
    Options

What a great photo, Ruth! Just beautiful on so many counts.

CAMommy - you nailed it! Total cattitude. :)

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

ThumbsUp

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited August 2015
    Options

image for Teka, knew you'd come here.

Currently our beautiful summer morning in Ireland, west of Galway.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2015
    Options

imageimage

My grandcats!

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Smaarty - only (poor) consolation I can offer is it is just as bad in Wicklow right nowSad

Ruthbru - lovely grandcats Smile

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,865
    edited August 2015
    Options

Check this out: http://cat-in-the-bag.com/

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Very ingenious.

Years ago I used to do holiday cover at a vets and cattery and I can think of one or two cats that that carrier would have been ideal for.

• wren44
    edited August 2015
    Options

I'm thinking it might be good for kittens if you're bottle feeding. They aren't that easy to burrito wrap. I would be curious to see how Squeakers would react. We're afraid to take him anywhere in the car for fear he would want to go on every car trip. Too hot right now to leave him in the car anyway.

• CAMommy
    edited August 2015
    Options

how do you get the cat IN the bag? Mine are none to fond of the cat carrier and it looks like the bag would be even harder to get them into.

• wren44
    edited August 2015
    Options

She has a video that shows it neck wide and the bottom open. She scrunches it small and slips it over the cats head. The neck is somehow like a drawstring with velcro. Once that's fastened, she brings the sack down over the body. She says it's easier than the carrier because they feel trapped in it. Having their head sticking out keeps them from feeling trapped. I'm not sure my cat would be that docile, either.

• CAMommy
    edited August 2015
    Options

Don't even think about going anywhere and leaving me behind.

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015
    Options

Great pic, CAMommy.

We had to take Frida to the vet a while back and my DH was trying to put her into the carrier. He had her by the back legs and scruff of her neck. Just as he was about to pop her in, she got her back feet free and spread out all 4 paws (with claws out) as wide as possible and looked like a cartoon cat. He was getting scratched and I was no help because I was doubled over with laughter. We now have a bigger crate for her and it's easier.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I wish we had a like button so we could click it on the pictures, so many beautiful kitties.
    One time I was having the house sprayed and I had to take Frank to work with me I got him in the carrier and of course he escaped as I was getting him in the car but bless his dumb heart he just went back to the couch and I was able to catch him again.
  • wren44
    edited August 2015
    Options

Our first cat went from Houston to Anchorage to Oklahoma City and back to Houston. Then went back to OKC for a cat show. She would sit in the suitcase to make sure we would pack her. Loved to travel.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2015
    Options

My sister & her adult daughter live about an hour apart and babysit each other's cats when one or the other is out of town. So, those cats spend lots of time driving back & forth between their two homes. They are PERFECT travelers in a car......like two bobble-head cat dolls. I am very jealous!