Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Cats, cats, cats

Options

Comments

• Monis
    Monis Member Posts: 309
    edited August 2015
    Options

Max and Mozie begging for handouts

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited August 2015
    Options

Wow I love this thread - so many beautiful cats!

Monica, losing them is so hard. To avoid the pain you would have to have a heart of stone. XXX

Julie, great photo of you and Dusty. Can't decide which of you is more beautiful, you are both so handsome!

Pantrah that is such a fab photo of Willow. I had a Willow too, RIP 2004. My Willow was called after the movie character Willow Ufgood.

Wren I had a retrieving cat too - Primrose. I have had a lot of cats over a 35 year span and Primrose was the only retriever, she loved to fetch little knitted balls. All my photos of her are predigital - one of the tasks on the to-do list is to "digitise" all of my old photos.

Teka, Arthur's a birder too. We had very good success with the birds-be-safe anti-birding collar but he has now lost both of the ones we ordered. I am wondering if the collar's bright appearance may have attracted some kids to take it off - it looks like a bit like a bandana, the sort you see on dogs sometimes. Of course maybe he was just clever enough to go and lose them himself.

http://www.birdsbesafe.com/ this is the website for the antibirding collars

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

One of the most colourful feline characters I had the privilege to serve was my Beastie. Beastie died at 18 in Dec 2011, right before my DX. She was the last of a quite large number of cats I had had (yes crazy cat lady numbers) and because of getting DX I did not look for any new cat to fill the vaccuum until Arthur barged in our front door (literally) in spring 2014.

Beastie when she was young had a great penchant for dairy food. Her daring, stealth and skill were worthy of a ninja. I remember having to run around the house while trying to eat a bowl of cereal and milk because if I sat down she would leap on me. If I was anywhere near high furniture like dressers or kitchen cupboards she would dive bomb me - leaping onto my shoulder from behind to conveniently land face first in my bowl. Her other great feat was she could hook the topping off a pizza as it came fresh from the oven. I would take the pizza out wearing oven gloves and suddenly out of nowhere a claw would stick out from the kitchen counter beside the oven and suddenly I was holding a nice pizza base covered in tomato sauce and the rest of the pizza (the cheese) was on the floor and entering Beastie's digestive system. I was living in Kerry, in the west of Ireland at this time and she got nicknamed "the fastest claw in the west".

She calmed down when she got older, and she died purring.

This is Beastie a couple of years before she died

• sio
    sio Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2015
    Options

This thread is great! All the pictures are great. @Wren44, here is picture for you to show Squeakers, who looks very much like my cat.

This is not my cat, but something I saw somewhere, and as far as my kitty is concerned every day is Cat Appreciation Day.

• CAMommy
    CAMommy Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2015
    Options

• panthrah
    panthrah Member Posts: 140
    edited August 2015
    Options

This is Cindy Clawford... she passed away at 23 yrs old. she was my only cuddle bug. this photo is when she was 22 1/2. very talkitive, had to sleep under the covers in my arms, no exceptions.

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Wow Cindy was a real catwalk model - the genuine article! Didn't need a team of hairdressers and makeup artists to look good either! How lovely that she was so strongly bonded to you.

• panthrah
    edited August 2015
    Options

she always posed for the camera :)

• panthrah
    edited August 2015
    Options

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,865
    edited August 2015
    Options

Julie, Has BF talked to the vet about how to get some weight off? When they're that big they have to lose really slowly or it's bad for their liver.

• CAMommy
    edited August 2015
    Options

I wish I could "like" all these pictures of everyone's kitties, like on Facebook. So many sweet little faces. I <3 kitties. We have three. One brother sister pair and then Mr Dusty my rescued rag doll.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,929
    edited August 2015
    Options

• juliecc
    juliecc Member Posts: 4,360
    edited August 2015
    Options

Wren, I don't think she's been to the vet in quite awhile. aaaahe did buy her some high priced gluten free stuff. I need to research how to get a cat to slim down safely. Meanwhile, my cat, Dusty has had bouts of pancreatitis and got too skinny...

I love seeing all your kitties!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,865
    edited August 2015
    Options

Ruthbru, Love the poster. Our first foster was a mom with 2 kittens. By the time they were adopted we were calling them the terrorists.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2015
    Options

• CAMommy
    edited August 2015
    Options

This is me, I'm ready to adopt any kitty I see

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited August 2015
    Options

Meow why are you on that side?

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

CAMommy this is Toby

After we took in Arthur in May 2012 this cat arrived on back doorstep, thin, starving etc. DH was very against encouraging him but faced a ratio of 3:1 family members on this. Eventually DH came round to the "right" way of thinking, on condition he could name the cat. Cat was named Nimba (combination of Simba and Nimbus cloud). Of course we put up some "found cat" posters (which was when I took this photo) and promptly discovered he belongs to neighbours in the next street! The reason he's thin is because he's elderly. He also goes and begs food at several other houses in the neighbourhood. Now that we know he has a home we have to discourage him also he actually sprays in the house if he gets in and as he's not ours we can't neuter him. A few months will go by where we don't see him then suddenly he'll get the idea to try us as a food source again. Arthur is very timid around him as Toby is clearly the dominant male. I have not found an effective way of discouraging him though.

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited August 2015
    Options

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

lekker shared this lovely article on the WarmFuzzies thread:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/why-istanbul-should-be-called-catstantinople-1439942244

• ruthbru
    edited August 2015
    Options

Nice.

• CAMommy
    edited August 2015
    Options

My sweet girl, Starkist

• ShetlandPony
    ShetlandPony Member Posts: 3,063
    edited August 2015
    Options

What a great idea for a Topic. Coming here always makes me smile.

• CAMommy
    edited August 2015
    Options

feeling feline, thats so sweet that you took Toby in. Glad he has people but his people should fix him. My husband won't let me take strays, but he will let me feed them. We have three cats now, at one time we had five. Some day will be a crazy cat lady ;

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Starkist ThumbsUp What a beautiful name.

Meow13 What breed is the cat with the close-set eyes that's in your icon and in the lovely photo through the window?

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Signs Your Obsession with Cats is GETTING OUT Of CONTROL

1.Pictures on your phone are mostly of your cat.

2.You take more selfies with your cat than with your friends.

3.You save plastic bags and boxes, not because you're environmentally conscious, but because you know your cat will love playing with them.

4.Nothing is better than looking at your cat sit on a glass table from below.

5.Going on vacation comes with mixed emotions because the thought of leaving your cat is PRETTY DAMN SAD. (Sounds pretty reasonable actually)

6.You refuse to fix that drip in your sink because you know your cat likes to drink

7.You've accepted you don't own your cat, your cat owns you and it's a privilege to live in their house.

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

reposted from Juliecc's post on Warm Fuzzies...

• OncoWarrior
    OncoWarrior Member Posts: 3,326
    edited August 2015
    Options