Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Cats, cats, cats

Options

Comments

• CAMommy
    CAMommy Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2015
    Options

moni we found the perfect solution - wood floors ;) seriously, we put in wood and tile in our house because of our kitties. Now they claw the underside of the couches and mattresses. <_<

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited August 2015
    Options

Re keeping claws trimmed you can buy a special clipper for cats claws but be careful, first some cats tolerate this, others need one of those zip up bags Wren posted about, second err on the conservative side because it is possible to cut a blood vessel if you trim a cat's claws too high.

Tomboy - Lumpy is beautiful, and what a fabulous painting.

Donna Dew re crazy cat ladies I am going to repost this wonderful piece of wit posted by OncoWarrior on another thread:

You have 16 cats, and they call you a "crazy cat lady."

You have 16 cats and 2 dogs, and you are an "animal lover."

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Kiwi your Tom is the greatest! Heart

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Tom

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited August 2015
    Options

Love the peeking out of the door! Too cute!

• panthrah
    panthrah Member Posts: 140
    edited August 2015
    Options

When Binx was a widdle kitten

• jennyblues
    jennyblues Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    Options

This is Spike, a Tonkinese who just turned 8.

• panthrah
    panthrah Member Posts: 140
    edited August 2015
    Options

GAH I want to LIKE every pic!! Everytime someone posts i look for "Like" button. I LOVE couch cuddles !!

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited August 2015
    Options

OOOOh, binx!!! And OOOOh, Spike!!! Sweet

• CAMommy
    edited August 2015
    Options

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015
    Options

We do need a like button. And a love button. Because I love them all. Binks looks a lot like a ragdoll I had years ago, so immediate "love" button for that. And a tonkanese - wow! He's beautiful. CAMommy - the racked out cat..too funny. And love the two tier crate system. :)

• Donna-Dew
    Donna-Dew Member Posts: 209
    edited August 2015
    Options

So enjoy coming back to this thread and seeing all the new photos, so precious these kitties!

Found some funnies...

• Donna-Dew
    edited August 2015
    Options

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,924
    edited August 2015
    Options

Oreo the Exercise Cat lifting weights, although he much prefers yoga!image

• feelingfeline
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Jennyblues and Spike!

Great photos everyone!

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015
    Options

Moppet using her tail as a pillow

• Donna-Dew
    edited August 2015
    Options

Orea is encouraging me to get back at the weights! But I'd way rather be doing what Moppet is doing :)) I've been burning the candle at both ends lately.

Thought I would share some photos of some very nice cat beds that I found on the Etsy site. They are felted cat caves actually. So expensive! But then I saw a book on how to make them, that might be one of my winter projects.

These are the cat caves as seen on Etsy...

• ruthbru
    edited August 2015
    Options

Cute! Although why do they usually prefer the cardboard box the cute bed came in?

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308
    edited August 2015
    Options

Oh Terre, Moppet is so adorable! Love her. And the cat caves, love them. I don't have a cat anymore, but I may have to make some of those caves for friends. Love all the pics everyone, this is one of my favourite topics. GG

• CAMommy
    edited August 2015
    Options

love all of the kitties! And some day I want a tortie.

• KiwiCatMom
    edited August 2015
    Options

Love the cat caves! Those are epic! The pic of Moppet was on my lap; the pink thing behind her is my giant slipper. They are like Ugg boots style wise, but are hot pink with glitter. And only $10! And lined with fake fur. :)

This is one of my favourite pics of Mittens. She's not distressed; she was concentrating and doing the butt wiggle, ready to pounce. But they kitten rescue place I volunteer with used it as a "distressed" kitten asking for donations. :) Several people got quite upset and hoped that someone would rescue this poor horribly distressed and obviously abused kitty. The organisation had to explain that the biggest stress this baby gets is trying to decide which toy to play with.

• Donna-Dew
    edited September 2015
    Options

Mittens eyes are so intense!! I can picture that little butt wiggle lol!!

Here is Pumpkin my little sweetie who passed away in January, she was only 2 yrs old. I still miss her so much but I am forever grateful for everything she shared with us :)) Still trying to hold back the tears whenever I see her pictures.

• KiwiCatMom
    edited September 2015
    Options

Awww...Donna. What a beautiful little soul!

• Donna-Dew
    edited September 2015
    Options

I can relate to this...

I think they just want to be with us when we are still for a change. And then there's the heat from a nice hot bath!!

Here is Prowler doing the same, as taken by my smartphone from my point of view in the tub :)

• Donna-Dew
    edited September 2015
    Options

She truly is Kiwi. She was so special. We are going to donate a gift for auction every year in her memory at our Guardian Angels Rescue's annual wingding :)

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited September 2015
    Options

I have a cat that comes bounding up on my lap every time she catches me going to the bathroom. Seems to be the only time she want to be near me and wants to be petted! Last about a minute then one of us is done and off she goes. What's really weird is that her namesake did the same thing for years with me. They are almost identical.

imageParker 2

imageParker

• ruthbru
    edited September 2015
    Options

Here is my Guardian Angel Cat & her story. I had just ended my Active Treatment' Year from Hell & had that deer-in-the-headlights, WTF just happened here? look and feeling. Not trusting my body, scared to make any plans because 'what if something would happen?' etc. Well, that fall, on a cold day, this little one pound kitten was sitting on the steps of my husband's office when he came back from lunch & still there when he came out after work & by then meowing piteously (her mom must have been a barn cat or stray & she had wandered away). He called home wondering what to do and I said, 'No, we don't need another cat. We already have two!!!" DH says, "If I leave her here, she'll freeze to death." "ARGH! Okay, but stop by the vet first and make sure she doesn't have any diseases!" And really, I think she was the start of my emotional recovery, because kittens are so much fun, and so much mischief, and when you are also dealing with two older cats who are not thrilled about the whole idea......how can you sit around feeling sorry for yourself? Five years later, just when I was finishing off Arimidex, she died in a freak accident. Lots of tears here, but I think maybe her spirit was needed elsewhere, to help out someone else going through a hard time.