Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

patty

Options

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Patty, No prep for colonoscopy means --failure of scoping. Honey had 16(40) years experience with folks in this scenario. Wrong. Tell them NO. They are wasting your time and your money. Unless the stuff coming out of your rectum is clear yellow, you ain't clear.

You words "Gi Dr came in for consult. They want to do a colonoscopy and also a tube down throat to tummy tomorrow. Never ad colonoscopy. Good thing is no prep since all the diahrea. Just put me back on clear liquids for supper then npo after midnight. Said some blood in stool sample but prob from so much diahrea"

WTF---What the Fuck

All these months of being entered into the system for N&V and Diarrhea, being barraged with high powered antibiotics that strip the immune system and set you up for opportunistic superinfections and you are now just getting GI consult. AND the GI consultant says you don't need a prep.

Are you in the USA? WTF---What the Fuck is going on there.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    Options

ok Sassy, if that didn't scare the shit out her, it did us!! You have her number, call her! You guys are in the same time zone, right

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Patty, okay I've calmed down a few degrees. Shaking my head. Chickie, say no. No prep. No scope. Preps suck. But the body produces stuff. The prep makes sure that everything or most everything is gone.

Just shaking my head and reaching for another glass of wine.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Smarrty, Your right called her. We talked.

• Smaarty
    Options

good. Now both of you go to bed!

(Why does the last character keep disappearing!!))

• sas-schatzi
    Options

What the chessire cat?

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Duh, got it

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    Options

Okay, now you get me thinking....have they confirmed that you don't have C. Difficile? It is possible to get a false negative test if the sample is not properly handled.

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    Options

smarty. - great idea with the grandkids. Did they like buying for someone else ?

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

c diff was negative.

Sas. - thanks for the talk. Wish I could just hit download button to borrow some of your medical knowledge. Going back and rereading your poop talk.

Feeling good. Waiting on Dr to come in and release me but since it's only 4am I may have to wait awhile. 😢

Smarty. - now you are scaring me. Who keeps disappearing ? Who's the last character - sas? I thought I noticed a few sistas missing but thought they were taking a break. I didn't realize people are actually disappearing. Think it is coinciding with the new starwars movie premiere ? OK that was my sad attempt at humor this am. Looks like I need to go back to bed and try again. I'll leave the humor to Chevy. She's much better at it.

Love y'all.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

PEPPERMINT! Don't do nothin'.... Don't let them do anymore damn tests, treatments or whatever it is they are doing to you! Tell them your big-sister is becoming dismayed.

Sass probably knows more than the Doc's, or whatever they are..... I could have had a colonoscopy too, but I told her, but I don't WANT one, so she said okay. There comes a point, where you think, okay, what good will it do, is this necessary? Am I too old, or cranky for this extra crap? Like with my Grandma... they were ordering these tests, and evaluations for her, and she was soooo confused..... So I finally said NO MORE TESTS....! She doesn't know what is going on, and what good will it DO?

Just go home, and see if you can be intervened before you have to go back to the hospital, and what-ever it is they DO! I could fix you up good. I'll cook up a pot of beans with ham, and get a good loaf of crusty bread and a bottle of wine, and that will fix your problems.

That is so GREAT what is happening with you guys and the boys! Making the boys happy is the BEST!

I've had that propofonal, or whatever it is! That should be over-the-counter-meds. Just kidding! But we don't need it, if we don't need the test.

Someone is putting the cart before the horse.... Or meaning something is getting screwed up.... we'll stay on top of this Peppermint..... You just go back to sleep and let us work this out.... xoxo

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    Options

Patty, Not really ready for Christmas but there is still some time for that. I am so sorry that it took me awhile to realize that you were back in the hospital. I have been on here but I guess in lala land at the same time.

• Smaarty
    Options

Patty, it's not people missing, it's usually the last character in a sentence, like a period or question mark?.

I know some on here are characters, but I don't think I'd call them that ((Chevy))!

Hope you get sprung soon. I'm seeing the Star Wars movie today in 3D IMAX. Going with girlfriend. Weather will be clear today then another storm is moving in tomorrow

• Smaarty
    Options

Patty, did you get sprung?.

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

nope. Dang vomiting. Tomorrow after 3 pm for sure ! Even if I rip out IV and walk out on my own.

Good news \ bad news: OK bad news first. Had a serious hail storm earlier. Dh said major damage to two sides of house ( will need new siding ) and to 3 cars ( not sure if ins will total them ). Neighbor had several house windows busted out good news : family is fine and we ave insurance to fix it. Dh always says: if money can fix it , its not a real problem.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    Options

Patty, your DH sounds like a good man.

Wishing you a fun, relaxing Christmas.....take it easy though.....

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Chit Patty

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

holeinone - love the elf pic. Shared it with my nurse. So you made at least 2 people laugh already today. Thanks. Yes dh is a good one. I feel very lucky to have him and have and not run away screaming

I've had a hard night. Up most of the night having a pity party. Over thanksgiving i Had promised myself I wasn't going to wear myself completely out trying to make this the best Christmas ever in case it's the last one . well I guess I didn't have to worry about that. Dh has had to do Everything! Buying presents, wrapping presents, grocery shopping , planning and cooking big meal for tonight , helping boys with Christmas cookies and candy, comforting and just hanging with boys. Etc. The list goes on and on. Not what I want them to remember. Oh yeah I also look like crap for Christmas videos and pics. Might triplre layer some clothing to look a lil more healthy. Thank God for makeup esp waterproof mascara and powder. Couldn't get tears stopped so thought I would come here. I always feel stronger and usually get a few good laughs. Now I am thinking a lil more positive. I will be home tonight and e there in the am when they wake. We still have all next week to get lots of hanging out hours before they go back to school.

Hugs

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

Well Peppermint, I "talked" to you on the Insomnia thread, and you were over HERE! I wish you could blow that joint! Tain't no fun being anywhere but home.

You know Pep.... It is what it is..... my Brother always said that.... Some things you just can't do anything about.... We can't "fix" everything like we want to.... and things happen even though we try so hard to not let it happen.......

My Brother went through so much watching his Daughter try and battle first breast-cancer, which then moved everywhere.... SHE wanted to must make it long enough to see her Son grow up at least into a teenager.... For 12 years she went through EVERYthing.... and that "drive" is what kept her going.... She always said "Live, Love and Laugh!.... And she did, with all her strength......

I know there comes a time for all of us..... I just want to be okay to work in my gardens next Spring! And drink a million more chocolate cokes, and watch more Shirley Temple movies with my Daughter.... And I don't want to even think about living life without my Husband of 58 years...

So we all are holding on.... to something..... Now damnit, let's just all hold on to each other, and come here and talk about it, and ..... OMG, I'm watching Dog the Bounty Hunter, and they are talking to this man, who is 1/2 dressed, and must weigh 400 POUNDS!..... ANYway.... let's just go on today, and tomorrow, and make the best of it..... We need each other here.... and I need you little sister.... I'll be thinking of you, and watching to see when you post..... xoxoxoxo

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

thanks. Chevy. Just what I needed. Kiss kiss I love my sis

• Smaarty
    Options

so you should be on your way home. Have a happy and safe Christmas and don't do to much!!

image Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

smarty. 😁

I am getting discharged. !!! Dh and boys on their way !!! So excited. !!!!

Thanks for your support all. I may have gone crazy without it.

😀👑😆😉

• Smaarty
    Options

yahoooooo!!

Picture her dancing, I couldn't find the animated version.

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    Options

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    Options

Patty, Thank goodness you're going home tonight!!! I hope that you enjoy Christmas as best as you can!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    Options

Patty, happy you are home with your sweet family....

• sas-schatzi
    Options

• susan3
    susan3 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

merry Christmas everyone.. Sorry no cute picture. It's 2 am and I am popped. Just got cleaned up after all the relatives left. Where's. Nappy time.

Hope you are feeling better PP. glad you got home for Christmas :))

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Whoop whoop! Happy home going Patty! Get all dolled up and ready to enjoy!