Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

patty

Options

Comments

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    Options

Patty, wish we could join Santa for a day

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,992
    Options

Sounds good to me!

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    Options

hello friend. Well unfortunately I'm back in the hospital. Was admitted Saturday morning. Same old thing uncontrollable vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, uti. Blood pressure running 70\30. Not good.

I am very sick of being sick all the time. The good news is I came on here I felt so much love again. thanks ! n I sincerely appreciate the support, love, and friendship. And of course I love the pictures. Y'all know I love the pictures. s. There are so many great ones I can't remember each but I especially love that she shed. Let me know when we're meeting up I want to be there.

I am again asking for prayer for a speedy recovery to be home for Christmas. My dear sons are of course having a very hard time thinking about me not being there Christmas morning. I am determined to be home no matter what I have to do. Please include my husband in prayer as his load is very heavy as well. Thankfully he has bought and wrapped all the presents stocking stuff up tree taken care and planning a big meal. Also making cookies and candy with dss. This has always been my job. But I'm super thankful to see him stepping up and taking charge and I can rest knowing that even if I'm not here next year my boys will be taken care of. Traditions will continue. And maybe some new ones will start as well.

Thank you for your continued support and love. Don't know how I'd make it without my BCO sisters. Hugs all around

• ruthbru
    Options

Hugs and prayers being sent your way dear Patty.

• susan3
    susan3 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

imageWish I was closer to help you out

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

love your new pic Ruth. Cute indeed

Susan I would love it if we lived close enough to visit. Did I mention before I was born and raised in champaign il ?

• susan3
    Options

• susan3
    Options

imagepicture yourself sleeping here, instead of hospital. Sweet dreams my friend

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    Options

rest and get well fast! You will be there Christmas morning! You will

• chelleg
    chelleg Member Posts: 396
    Options

I am praying for you to have a wonderful Christmas at home. I will pray for all of your boys too. I'm sending all warm and fuzzy thoughts your way. Hang in there!! Love Chelle.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

More Chit Patty, Chit. It's the middle of the night. Thought I'd find a funny picture keywords 'funny nurse'. You've been there so much I figured these would amuse you. Well they're pretty ribald. Right up your alley. Course they're lots of folks that don't know this about you. OOPs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=funny+nurse&biw=1301&bih=592&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdyuL7qO_JAhVCeCYKHUzZAx0QsAQIHg

here's a few clean ones.

Image result for funny nurse

• sas-schatzi
    Options

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

GOOD MORNING miss PEPPERMINT! Ah geez.... you are again in-between a rock and a hard-spot. I know you want to be home for Christmas..... but if you can't crawl out of bed on your own, and crawl down the street, just maybe your guys will all come spend Christmas with you. I KNOW they will.

I decorated this tree for you last night... so just KNOW that we will all be with you from now until Christmas.... Then your room will be getting too crowded, so we'll have to go back to our own homes..... And prayers always for you and ALL your boys!

Next time I'll build you your own "she-shed"... And we'll all meet for Peppermint Schnaps!

Good night, sweet-dreams, don't let the bed-bugs bite.... Love you! xoxoxoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    Options

TO ALL OF US..... WITH PEPPERMINT ! MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

oh my. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks !!!!! Love it all. Memory not working enough to respond to each. Def got me laughing. Sas - u r right on for hospital humor.

I am feeling much stronger today. Amazing what some fluids ( IV stuff not hot toddy ) can-do to feel better. I have something exciting to look forward to today ( besides seeing m dear family and talking to y'all ) if I continue doing good later this afternoon I am getting to read some Christmas stories to some sick kids here !!! Yea. ! Yesterday the seen Santa so I'll be a pale comparison. Will wear a face mask, gloves and a sterile gown so we can keep our own germs. I am sooo excited. Nothing like focusing on helping someone else instead of fretting on my own problems. I miss lil ones so much. Owned a daycare for 7 years but had to close it when stage IV dx and pain became too much. Nothing like 70 or so lil ones waiting to hug you every day. Much better than old job as a buyer for a factory. Ugh meetings, back stabbing a!dults, eung on call24\7. Ugh. Can you say STRESS? Too much politics for me. Give me kids anyday.

Hugs

• Chevyboy
    Options

Kids are the best.... I was "there" when both our little Grand-sons were born.... like 28+ years ago.... I had so much FUN with them... taking them for breakfast... the first one would be in his little "carrier" and right on the table.... I would talk to him and feed him bites of food... like pork-chops and steak....

JUST kidding.... and I grew up with them, as THEY did! Winking All of our "ventures"...! And walking next door and going down in the ditch with a blanket and picnic and just talking about "stuff" !

Peppermint..... so glad you feel good this morning! You want to come over and we'll just sit here and have coffee and Bailey's?

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

yes yes and triple yes. I am on my way.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,020
    Options

((((((hugs)))))))

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    Options

Tell you what, PattyP....here is the plan:

You kidnap one of the nurse home with you and make sure she takes with her all the necessary IVs and meds to keep you hydrated and nausea/vomiting-free. Tell them you don't plan to go back for awhile because....

they need to hire better chefs. Also, just in case they give you the wrong thermometer.....

• Chevyboy
    Options

Thank you Mods! Peppermint is going through a hell-of-a-time..... She needs us to make her smile..... and hold her head up when she is throwing up.... I'll have a cool wash-cloth for her forhead, and YOU guys bring the Margarita's! We will fix her right up!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

PattyP, Loverly has an excellent point. Ask the doc for a homecare referral for just that intervention. IT CAN BE DONE. Why? You have a well established history. The nurse can assess for physical changes--head to toes and vital signs, you keep a record of Bm's, N&V, diet. daily weight/temp/Bp. Something starts to go awry. Nurse can draw labs. B/c of history Doc could order IV at home even before labs come back. So, rather than trotting(pun) of to ER, you're started on fluids. The labs are back the next morning. If it says you need to be in the hospital b/c a bacterial thingy brewing as shown on the labs. Doc can even decide>>hospital or treat at home. If the labs show dehydration without a bacterial thingy, you've already been on fluids for 24 hours. Then a redraw daily with continuing fluids till stabilized. Can be done. I used to do homecare. It's the logistics that are needed. See instead of around the clock IV's, It would be over 8hours. DC'd either by nurse in a return visit or if it's a peripheral IV, DH can be trained to flush and lock. I would do this over three visits. Teach the first day, have him do it the 2nd & 3rd day. It can be worked around his work schedule. This is done throughout the USA, can't speak about other countries. What this avoids is you getting to the crisis point i.e. severely dehydrated with a 70/30 BP.

With the diarrhea N&V, as you know it doesn't mean you need to be on antibiotics BECAUSE your history hasn't supported that in each admission. For some of the admissions yes, but not all. If you have careful home management, you only get admitted for the bugs not the dehydration.

You already know the drill when diarrhea, N&V starts >>stop food, introduce clear liquids when N&V stops(diarrhea you know it's variable), then soft, then solids. Dollars to donuts with each admission you felt like crap(pun) for 1-2(maybe 3) days before. With the plan I have suggested you intervene before crisis.

The benefit goes in both directions. You don't reach a crisis point and you avoid being exposed to hospital bugs. Cost for care is way way less. Everyone wins YAY. Actually, I see this as the future because of superbugs.

Work it baby!

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    Options

A flower for you. DC put candy canes on the tree today, so I'll be thinking of you. I Posted something last night, but it must have gotten lost in cyberspace. Hugs

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

mods. Thanks.

Chevy. - aww what to say. Love ya

Mags. - beautiful. 😂

Sas. - that sounds awesome !!!! Wonder why Dr has not offered this ? I WILL find out tomorrow. Sounds so much easier for me and cheaper for insurance by far. Your knowledge and experience continues to amaze me. Thanks !!! You are correct I always feel like crap a few days in advance. I was even at a regularly scheduled appt with mo last Friday. Terrible d&n but no vomiting. My labs were good. Got my Falsodex and exgeva shots that day. Laid in s bed whole time I was there. Mo had said could give me IV liquids while there but then lab came back good no dehydration course I hadn't started vomiting yet.

Lovely. Too too funny. Thanks

Gi Dr came in for consult. They want to do a colonoscopy and also a tube down throat to tummy tomorrow. Never ad colonoscopy. Good thing is no prep since all the diahrea. Just put me back on clear liquids for supper then npo after midnight. Said some blood in stool sample but prob from so much diahrea. Still planning on going home tomorrow. One nurse said total sedation I will not remember one said mild sedation mild discomfort ( major embarrassment ). Anyone knows which is true. ?

Thanks sistas

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    Options

Patty, Wow you can feel al the love everyone has for you! You are a very special woman and I am praying for your family as you have asked and praying for you too! Hugs to you and get home quickly!

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    Options

I had the colonoscope about 15 years ago. The worst part was drinking the junk to give you direahha. You don't need that. With the camera down the throat I had versed. I would think you'll be pretty much out of it because of looking at the tummy. So You won't remember any of it.

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

smarty. Thanks. Makes me more comfortable

Musuclover - thanks. Haven't seen you around much lately but I haven't been on much. Have I just missed you or were you taking a break? Your family ready for Christmas ?

Mo office told me back at Thanksgiving that some drug reps always like to get together and help sponsor Christmas for a family. They like a stage IV family with children. Mo nurse said they voted and our family was unanimously chosen. At first I didn't want to accept it because financially we don't need it and I know for a fact that there are others there who do. Also didn't want our family on the TV or newspapers for this because my boys esp ds1 would be embarrassed. In tge past we always buy presents for oeopke we puck off tge angel tree. Guess its coming full circle. However they said it is secret Santa stuff and no one will know except staff who was the recipient or even who was the giver. So we put together a small list and turned it in. When I had my appt last Friday they put me in the exam room and it was nearly FULL of presents. I didn't count but there were at least 25 presents for each boy. I was brought to tears. The kindness of strangers was overwhelming. Boys are major excited. Which is good because they just were not in the Christmas mood.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    Options

how neat! The boys will love it. Are you going to ration out the gifts? Haha

I took 3 of my grandkids shopping to get gifts for foster kids this year. I wanted them to pick out stuff for their age, 11, 12, and 13. I think they enjoyed it then we had lunch. Hope to this again

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    Options

Patty - It will be sedation but not like surgical sedation. You can still cooperate some. Propofol is the standard, You will know it if you see it, milky colored. Good stuff. You will sleep instantly and then I've just popped awake afterward. Not much in between asleep/awake. I've had 2 colonoscopies. Smaarty is right - the prep is the worst part. As far as discomfort from the procedure I've not had any. Would not even know I'd been scoped. With your bowels a bit inflamed it might be a little different. Umm - "down there" - no discomfort at all. Now the gastroscopy I don't know what they will use. And having both on the same day I surely don't know. I do believe with the gastroscopy you have to cooperate with instructions so less sedated. That may be what the 2nd nurse is meaning. I'm thinking maybe it will be 1st then a deeper sedation for the colonscopy.

Neat that your family was picked for the Secret Santa.

Hoping you do get to go home tomorrow. Do these tests interfere with your planned reading to the kids?

Hugs sweet sister

Image result for hugs gif

• ruthbru
    Options

Propofol is wonderful! You actually wake up feeling refreshed, and then take a nice nap later in the day as well....almost worth the colonoscopy prep (I can see why MIcheal Jackson was addicted to it, I might be too if I were totally rich....and crazy)!

Hope everything can get organized so that you can get sprung!

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Patty, Awww that's awesome that they did that for you and your guys. Doesn't matter if the need is financial or emotional, you deserve some TLC! Thinking you back into your home for Christmas!