Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

patty

Options

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

Peppermint! I'm getting chills! GOOD JOB GIRL! All of our prayers are working! I just know it!

I fell and broke the femur neck in half. But all they did is ORIF.... Open Reduction Internal Fixation.... Opened the top of the femur, stuck a titanium rod in, screwed it into the ball & joint, and one screw lower down to hold it in my leg I think.... Just 2 incisions.... They had me up that night. It was NOT easy, but I'm just like you.... wanted to get home come hell or high water..... I only stayed 2 nights, and no re-hab.....

I also had that bone scan.... to see if my bones were just soft.... but no problem with my bones.... I just fell HARD.... I guess. The bruising scared me the worst.... but now you can't even see the scars.

I don't think your surgery, if you had one on that femur, would be the same.... So just listen to them young lady.... I'm just glad that the rest is good news.... And I don't think that is true, about cancer growing when air hits it.... I used to hear that too... ( but I don't think that is possible?) or else I heard it spreads when they open you up.... same thing.... DAMNit! What next?

Because I had a small tumor,and when they cut it out, with clear margins, it didn't spread! I didn't have any nodes involved either.... I think that makes all the difference.....

AND.... when you get to be my age, I think things slow down..... a lot! So stuff isn't going very fast with me..... Winking

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    Options

glennie. Yes ! Party at Patty's. Come-on over

Chevy. Thanks for telling me about your broken hip story. How big were your incisions? I know you are a strong independent woman I bet you gave them hell to get you home from hospital.

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    Options

Patty, Great news on the Pet scan results!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,030
    Options

PARTY!!!! Awesome news!!! ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp

• Chevyboy
    Options

Peppermint, this is what I have showing the location...... It just shows where it was fractured.... The incisions were only about 2 inches each....

But if your hip isn't fractured, they would probably go about fixing you completely different! I'm really doing good with it.... Hardly ever use a cane! And I'm a lot older than you are.....

Don't worry..... you sound like you are in good hands!

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    Options

yippee Patty. You go girl. Now they just need to fix your stomach, no more vomiting and the Big D.

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    Options

Patty, you had me holding my breath for a few seconds there, girl. WOOHOO!!!

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Such great news Patty, Happy dance with you! Hope the hip problem has a fairly easy answer as well.....Happy New year!

• susan3
    susan3 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

great news Patty. Yeaaaaaahhhhhhh.

Look at Chevy being all doctor like :)

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

susan. - I know. Dr chevy. Lol.

• chelleg
    chelleg Member Posts: 396
    Options

hooray patty!!! Praise the lord!!!!

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

praise the lord indeed.

Although I really don't feel like getting dolled up and having a night of celebration on the town, we still wanted to do something. We went and got some butter pecan ice cream and talked about funny stories from the past. Lots of laughing and hugging. Dh is gone hunting a couple days so its just me and the boys. Will be a night to remember for swhile. Next time I am miserable I'll def pull this memory out o the bank.

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    Options

"praise the lord indeed" You read my mind. I was going to write the same thing, then I saw your post :) Butter pecan ice cream is my favorite!

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

comr on over loverly. Plenty left

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    Options

Yay Peppermint!!! Best news ever!!!

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

mags. - THANKS !!!! I love the dancing snoopy. Made me laugh out loud.

Last night I seen Charlie Browns new years special. Never seen it before and I thought I had seen them all. Everyone was busy doing their own thing in all different rooms in the house when I mentioned it was coming on. They all strongly dislike Charlie Brown stuff. I guess I burnt them all out on it. However , without me asking or pleading , they all stopped what they were doing and came piling up on the couch with me to watch it. A full hour of snuggling and Charlie Brown. It doesn't get much better than that.

I am still so excited about my pet scan results that I can't sleep. For awhile now I haven't been able to plan or look forward to the future. Other then funeral arrangements. Thought the future was over for me. I have been so sick and tired and in pain that I was ok with dying sooner rather then later. But now I feel like there is going to be a future for me. I am naturally a list maker. Got lists for everything. Kinda a control freak. Not being in control has been the hardest part for me. Tonite I had been making list like crazy. I have Christmas money and gift cards to spend. Before scan results I would have quietly just put the money in an envelope in the safe for my family after I am gone. But now I got an ongoing list of things I want to buy - clothes, makeup. Electric razor etc. So exciting. Also got a list of possible vacation or mini vacation ideas. I thought my last vacation last summer was it. Now hopefully not. Got a list of date night ideas with dh. I miss date night so bad but have been too sick to have and good days were spent with the whole family. I got a list for things that need done...ex printing pics from phone and making scrap books for each ds and 1 family one, sorting thru all those boxes in the attic need a keep, trash and give to sis pile esp for things from mom and dads stuff etc. So much to do. Got a photo list of possible new hair styles and colors. Just so excited to have short term goal's again. I am not being unrealistic. I understand tx can stop working anyday and things go From bad to worse. I know that I probably won't see Ned(no evidence of disease ) but will be happy with decrease and stable.

Mo's nurse called this afternoon to give me the great scan news. Didn't know I already seen them. She said Dr very concerned about possible hip pathologic fracture. Said just standing and putting weight on it could cause fracture. Wants me tosee ortho surgeon tonorrow if they can squeeze me in. Wanted to know if hip pain is worse. I do not nor have I had any pain in my hip. Weird she says. Since no pain she needs to talk to mo before she makes appt. She said he will probably want me to at least go for consult asap. I really don't think I want to do anything right now. Don't want more procedures and more pain and recovery. Mo said much easier to fix now then when it breaks. He has discussed this with me before but I wasn't hearing that. Now he thinks its more serious. Dh reminded me on how much pain meds I am on. No wonder no hip pain. But I still have back pain so the hip can't be that bad if i don't feel it.

Any suggestions on an electric razor ? I asked on another thread and I think go natural was the answer for most. Dh said fine with him. I wanna have clean shaven legs, pits and elsewhere. Iam still young and wanna feel sexy. Just can't bend over in shower long enough to do it without causing tremendous pain. And now fear falling also.

Well the guess this book is long enough. Thought of some more lists to make : cards and letters of thanks to all bco friends that have been such a huge help to me. Encouraging me, making me smile with funny stories , and I always love the pics - takes me somewhere else. So I am off for now before I forget what I was doing. Lol

Love y'all. Hugs all around

• Chevyboy
    Options

All I can say is "you got hair?" I mean on your legs? And you have to shave them? If I have hair on my legs I don't think I can see them. I think they gradually drop off.... I keep a razor in the tub, just in case I grow one.

Hah! Droctor Chevy..... yes, that is me.... THAT was funny Susan..... and don't go listening to her Peppermint.... she doesn't know my degree in botany.... or is it botulism... Maybe boneology.... THAT'S it! No-one listens anyway....

I'm so happy you are happy Peppermint! I mean telling us stories with your boys.... soooooooo sweet! Yes, it's all about the memories.... We store them forever... Take pictures with them... !

Just in time for Mothers Day! Find more Mothers Day ideas at http://www.groopdealz.com:

• Chevyboy
    Options

For your Husband, and your Sons....Peppermint.....

Babies:

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    Options

I'm so happy to see you so excited Patty!! :):)

I don't know much about electric razors, I just use the Venus razor and it's pretty good lolHeart

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,030
    Options

You could take a bath and shave your legs with the old fashioned razor while in a reclining position in the tub. I like to do that because it's relaxing.

• Chevyboy
    Options

I think if I sat down in a tub, I couldn't get back up! Hah! Yes, a nice warm bath sounds soooooooooo nice! I remember my old friend Theresa, who is now 90, thought she would be fine taking a bath.... Well she couldn't get OUT! And her older Husband could not pull her up either! He called 911..... OMG I would have died from embarrassment!

She said the fire-fighters were SO good looking, and I told her they probably couldn't stop laughing! She then got a bath-chair, and her DIL helped her shower......

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,831
    Options

Patty: I have a Panasonic wet/dry rechargeable shaver. Model ES2207 Pretty sure I got it at Target. It's ok,, not as close shave as a regular razor. But it was handy for those times when I couldn't shave in the shower. You could try a shower chair so you can sit and shave,,, or,, I would look on Amazon and read their reviews of shavers and see which one gets the best reviews. I gotta shave,, I have very dark hair and very pale skin,,, so I look like a gorilla if I don't. Over a year since menopause,,, when does the leg hair stop growing??

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

thanks Glennie

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Thanks Peppermint for reminding me that things can and do turn around and you can still shop and plan and enjoy. I am still early in all of this, but started out Stage IV in my liver which scares me so much. I was reading a few articles that upset me and just ended up having a very bad day today. Feeling better now Medicatingtime to rev up and think up a delicious dinner for the DH! Have a very Happy Week and celebrate that New Year with all yo got!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,856
    Options

That is fantastic news!!! Happy New Year!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

sas. Looks like fun

Had my reg schedule appt with mo today. He was very excited about pet scan results. Although other mos in practice have many patients showing a positive response to Ibrance, iam my mo's first. He tried it on s few people as a last chance effort but their time here was way too short to see if it works ( less ten a month before they died). He said more willing to prescribe it to others now. So yea maybe I will help others and not know it. He had said putting weight on my hip by standing could case fracture he now changed his mind after seeing pet pics and examining me. Said lets let Ibrance work and hopefully it will heal it. Still wants me to go to ortho consult on monday and see what they say. Basically he doesn't want to be liable if it breaks. He said my increased back pain is from healing bones. I'll take that!!

Hugs to all

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    Options

Patty, Awesome news! I am so thankful that Ibrance is working for you, YAY!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

sas. Oh my. Beautiful. Fireworks always make me cry. Makes me think of our soldiers who died fighting ( bombs bursting in air ) for my freedom.