Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

patty

Options

Comments

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    Options

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

PEPPERMINT!!!!!!!!! It is so exciting to hear you are doing better! It's because I bought all those peppermint candy canes! I love to stir my morning coffee with them! I'll buy a truck-load, since this makes you better! xoxo

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,949
    Options

So glad that they could tweak the meds and you are feeling more lively! Keep swinging Smile

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    Options

We are in the ring with you. (That's a boxing saying, correct?) Anyhow, you know what I mean. There is much love here for you.

• LindaE54
    LindaE54 Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

YAY Patti. Big hugs.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,930
    Options

Patty- glad you are feeling better. Wishing you continued recovery and getting back on your own two feet. I hope the kids are doing okay too.

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    Options

Yay!!! Better days are coming. I am bringing truck-load of flowers.

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    Options

Good to see you posting, Patty, although I am truly astounded at the number of hospital visits you've endured! Hopefully, the tweeking of your meds will help, and I just PM'd you some additional thoughts.

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

Love the pics. Thanks.

My sister from Alabama came to visit and she brought me these beautiful flowers last weekend. She cooked us Thanksgiving and dinner and we enjoyed it as a family while she was here I always love getting together with her I just hate that we live so far apart

• jazzygirl
    Options

Patty- pele mum, one of my favorite fall flowers. How nice your sister came and gave you such a nice time.

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

So glad you are feeling better Patty! Dehydration will make anyone feel pretty bad but especially when you can't control the nausea. You have been through the mill thats for sure. Here's wishing for a wonderful "second" Thanksgiving with your DS's and DH! I only live 3 hours from my sisters but miss them a lot all the time....keep on swinging!

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

jazzy - Pele mum huh? I wondered what it was. What does Pele mean?

Thanks artist. A good friend and her family always serve Thanksgiving meals at a local event. It is not for the needy ( although they can go eat free there ). It is really for people who have no family nearby or otherwise find themselves alone for the holiday. You can buy a full meal for one for $8 I think. My friend has purchased our meals and her dh will deliver them to us that day so I don't have to leave the house. At least that was the plan because riding anywhere is typically painful for me and exhausting. However if I keep feeling this great we will go eat there and maybe even get a chance to help serve or cleanup. Love the opportunity to teach my dss to give back.

I find myself still wide awake at midnight. No its not because I am in so much pain I can't rest and its not because I can't quit vomiting. I just feel great. Pain free and energized. Woo hoo !! I plan to enjoy every minute of good health I get. Tired of rolling around in complete frustration and anger. It's time to find the positive and focus on it. I need to make me some new poster boards with inspirational thoughts so I can post them everywhere to remind myself to CHOOSE happy. Dang that's hard when you feel so horrible. That's why I am so very thankful to all my dear bco sisters who are here to encourage me , to remind me of my goals when I can't remember and just lend an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on. THANKS!!!

Hugs all around

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

• jazzygirl
    Options

Patty- well, Pele is the fire goddess associated with the volcanoes in Hawaii.

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

jazzy. That is so awesome. It is definitely breathtaking.

• ruthbru
    Options

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

lovin it Ruth. Thanks.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    Options

Patty, you sound fantastic....Try NOT to overdo to soon. I am the worst when it comes to that. Feel better, want to make up for lost time

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

hole inone - thanks for the reminder. I am also terrible about that. It's s women thing I think. Things to be done right

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    Options

Patty, Awesome to hear you are getting a break and feeling better and continue to be easy on your self. I love the flowers!

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

hugs musuclover

• artistatheart
    artistatheart Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Patty, I think it is almost impossible when you feel horrible! All of your energy goes to just trying to cope. I am soooo glad you are feeling better and hope you can get out to that Thanksgiving event. If not, then I hope you at least get to have a fun and blessed time with your boys, all 3! Love the quote Ruth!

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    Options

yay for feeling good

• PattyPeppermint
    Options

I I wish I knew how to copy and paste on my iPad.

I had another good day today. Won't be long and the boys will be home so I'm going to get a quick nap and be prepared. I am going to cook chili cheese dogs with french fries and a fruit salad and banana nut bread for supper. I have some fruit that is going to go bad so i am gonna use it in my fruit salad in banana nut bread. Tonight is my oldest sons responsibility is to help prep food and set table. He is taking home ec this year. He doesn't necessarily like it but he needs to know how to cook.

This morning I went and did labs at the oncologists office, went to Walmart and exchange some socks for my youngest son. I was going to return some jeans but Old Navy does not open until 10 I am and I was home by then. I am certainly enjoying all of this energy I seem to be having. My oncologist nurse called a while ago and said my lab shows my white blood count .4 which is still lower than they would like. She said if it is still lo low after labs on Wednesday we will probably take a break from the Ibrance for a couple of weeks. I will still be taking Falsodex shots . I see my oncologist on Monday xxx and I will ask him when we will test again. I started Ibrance in August and have only had iBrain MRI since then. I need to know if it is working.

Hugs all around my great friends. I continue to thank you for your continued support and encouragement to me through my rough time. I will be so happy to return the favor soon. I would much rather be the encourager than the one who needs encouragement. But I guess we all dance with both shoes right?

• jazzygirl
    Options

Patty- so glad you are doing better every day. It sounds like the Ibrance has really helped you. Enjoy the energy and feeling normal again. I am so happy to hear you are better!

• ruthbru
    Options

I am drooling thinking of chili cheese dogs!!!!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,018
    Options

Patty, so glad you are doing good.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    Options

Patty!! So glad to see you are feeling better :)

chili cheese dogs...mmmmm :):)

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    Options
    Patty, to copy/paste n your iPad, press and hold on a word in the text you want to copy. You'll see a blue highlight with lines at both ends. The left line has a dot at the top, the right one has a dot at the bottom. You can press and drag the dots to increase or decrease the area. When you have all you want, touch the black box that says "copy". Then go to the place you want to paste it, press and hold till you see a vertical line, and touch the black box that says "paste". Note that you can't copy/paste pictures. But if you press and hold on a picture, you can "save image" to your camera roll, then you can place pictures from your camera roll.

Did this help?