Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

CALLING ALL ARTISTS- Lets make an art gallery!

Comments

• morningdove
    morningdove Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2019

Hi CaliKelly, I had a chance to check out your art work and it is really just wonderful! Such talent and so great to see it! I'll keep checking back!

And Badluck, I agree with CaliKelly that Goodluck is meant for you and soon you will have those answers that you need. I pray they will bring you comfort and relief. I adore your drawing of your grandson. Just beautiful. Keep drawing.

Thank you both and others above for your heartfelt comments on my song. It means so much.

• BadLuck
    BadLuck Member Posts: 81
    edited April 2019

Thank you for your kind words my friends. I'm going to keep busy with my art & family for awhile & hopefully my test results won't be too ugly. I really can't handle that stress!

• morningdove
    morningdove Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2019
  • feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited May 2019

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2019

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,502
    edited May 2019

Feline, I love that cat piece! It's very cute.

• april1964
    april1964 Member Posts: 153
    edited May 2019

that painted cat on the rock is gorgeous!

• Amyadipose
    Amyadipose Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2019

• Amyadipose
    Amyadipose Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2019

Illustrations mostly 2018

• aussie-cat
    edited May 2019

Well done, Amy. Some of them look like watercolours and others look like pastels. Is that right?

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2019

HeartHeartHeart

• BadLuck
    edited May 2019

Hello my fellow Artist - please read the post "newly diagnosed". I have the worst luck of anyone I know!!! Not fair to have these serious medical issues right after I took an early retirement. It's all gloom & doom from here on out for me 🤧

• BadLuck
    edited July 2019

please read my recent post under "recently diagnosed" - my recent MRZi found a massive brain tumor!!! I need answers please yo give me hooe

• vampeyes
    vampeyes Member Posts: 523
    edited June 2019

Finished my quilt. It's appliqued and done as a quilt as you go. Honest thoughts about it?image

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited June 2019

Really nice! What size is it?

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,882
    edited June 2019

I think it is beautiful!!! I love the positive messages.

• aussie-cat
    edited June 2019

I like the quilt too - the flowers and colours are lovely, plus the nice messages.

• vampeyes
    edited June 2019

Thanks everyone. I am on the fence of what I think of it. It's a lap sized quilt. Not sure what I am going to do with it. Give it away or keep it.

• aussie-cat
    edited June 2019

It's nice to have a lap quilt for watching TV or it could be a baby cot size.

• april1964
    april1964 Member Posts: 153
    edited June 2019

vampeyes I bet your local cancer center would love it... it would look so beautiful on the wall

• christibcs
    christibcs Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019

I wrote a science fiction novel in the past. Published it myself. Is that something I would show here?

Thanks, Christi

• notarobot
    notarobot Member Posts: 29
    edited June 2019

Feeling feline I love that plate!! I used to love quilling, I believe that is what it is called, when I was younger. Such a neat medium.

• feelingfeline
    edited July 2019

Thanks notarobot it is indeed quilling. Vampeyes congratulations on such a unique quilt. I am presuming you are the talentedf designer it as well as quilter. (If ultimately you decide to give it as a gift rather than keeping it I agree with April that it would make a great wall hanging for somewhere that is attended by people dealing with bc.)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited July 2019

A chemo infusion room came to my mind immediately. Very cheering and uplifting just when women need it.

• feelingfeline
    edited July 2019

• aussie-cat
    edited July 2019

feeling feline, that's great!

• vampeyes
    edited July 2019

Wow! feelingfeline great job, very cool.

Made these memory quilts out of my step dads old t-shirts. Cancer took him July 11, 2018. 😢

• aussie-cat
    edited July 2019

Vampeyes, that's a good idea for quilts and they turned out really well. I'm sorry you lost your Dad!!

• vampeyes
    edited July 2019

Thank you Aussie-Cat. I took them to my mom today and she picked out the top one, more memories for her. They are really warm and great for snuggling in!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,558
    edited July 2019

Hi all! We are wondering if you wouldn't mind helping us out!

We are working with Jimmy Beans Wool to share stories, quotes, pictures, etc. from members around how knitting/crocheting has helped them cope with a breast cancer diagnosis. Would some of you knitters mind sending us a PM with a few paragraphs about how this hobby has helped you throughout your cancer journey? We'd really appreciate it!

--The Mods